Sign in to follow this  
Nico

BanG Dream! 2nd Season

BanG Dream! 2nd Season

Now this is just my opinion, but after watching the first season and eating up the mobile game, and seeing as the timeline seems to essentially be this:

1. BanG Dream! First Season/Afterglow band story/Pastel*Palettes band story/Roselia band story/Hello, Happy World! band story
  2. BanG Dream! Girls Band Party! main story/Poppin'Party band story
  3. Event stories that I'm aware of
  4. BanG Dream! Second Season

There is a LOT of freaking time and context with all of the characters and their relationships with one another, that it very much seems like you would be missing out on far too much to just jump into the second season. Certain character happenings that I will spoiler in my thoughts of the first episode are a very huge leap and would benefit you greatly with the added context. So if you enjoyed the first season at all, and you can play the game in a language you know, I implore you to try it, because it really is so much better than the first season, and the second season... because of the extra characters, there is potential, but...

Episode 1 thoughts:

The animation is bad. Like, in Pastel*Palettes performance, really extremely hecking bad. It isn't ruining it for me because I truly care about the characters that much, and to see what they're becoming, I'm really happy for them. Happy lucky smiley, even. 

Spoiler

Rinko and Hina as the student council presidents, I would have never guessed. Hina is just hilarious in pretty much the same way as

Spoiler

Honoka from Love Live.

I hope that isn't too much of a spoiler on a completely different show. It is. Let me fix that. It's about Love Live. Rinko is truly motivational and I wish I could have been more like that at that age. That was Tsugumi that the Galaxy new hire bumped into right? No way she wouldn't still be in the council. And another thing, Arisaaaaa. She wants her report card to look good, but doesn't go to school as often as she can on her own? Lazy cutie. 

All that, and I recognized O-tae practicing Poppin' Shuffle, that was great enough on it's own. Kasumi asks what she's playing, seems it hasn't been made yet! ?

The official subs don't go with the same translations of quirky catchphrases that the official English game uses. Kaoru's Feeting, Hina's Boppin', nowhere to be found. 

Edited by Nico

I like how much it looks like the game. The animation, as I've said, though, oof. In agreement with how big a downgrade it is compared to everything else. 

the 3d makes me sad, but I'll still prob watch the rest

hearing Rinko's new VA also made me sad, but as with Lisa, I'll prob get used to it

I follow their twitter and I don't think there's been an announcement of Rinko's voice being replaced in the ENG game? I wonder how I literally could not notice any difference compared to Lisa, and even then, I was already used to it very fast.

hearing the new Lisa in game was very difficult to discern from the old Lisa, but having just watched ep 2, that difference is much more apparent now for some reason

I don't think they even replaced Rinko in the JP version of the game yet, ep 1 was my first exposure to the new VA, which is why it caught me off guard

Aa-chan looks a bit like Tsugu, my bad

I'm going to be talking mainly about the latest ENG event "FUN! FUN! CiRCLING FIVESTAR!" (yes, it's exactly a year behind the JP game) in this next spoiler, so it isn't just about this season once again. Man am I so invested. Weird that the message of it and episode 2 are so completely unlike one another when season 2 certainly seems like it's at a further point in time.

Spoiler

They've went over Popipa not being quite at a high level before, and I don't just mean the first season around when the band was formed. The event story actually has Marina explaining the reason she even took up the job that she did as being absolutely counter to what she was like in this latest episode. Why is she begging Roselia to do a sponsored show at CiRCLE? They're clearly good enough and serious enough to try moving up in the business. But Marina was right about Popipa's contagious energy, I'm sure things will sort themselves out for them.

Blop. Nekomimi Headphones introduces herself as a producer. So she found what she was looking for to spread the music she seems so confidant in, but Yukina only cares about the world hearing Roselia's music from them. After her father's career, it all does make sense, but if they really talked it out calmly, they would come to understand each other. Too bad Headphones is a lil' brat. I love her already.

Rokka's story was nice. Didn't expect them to play a full version of the first season's ED after that season.