Nyx

Favorite Video Game Title Themes

To be more specific, it is the music or track you hear at the Title or Main Menu of the game (since some bleed into it). Not the song from the intro. For example, Fire Emblem's theme in Fire Emblem Awakening's Title Screen, or The Prelude in lots of Final Fantasy Title screens. Which is/are your favorite(s)?

Off the top of my head?

I dunno, something about it always struck my fancy more than a lot of other title themes. Maybe it's the instruemnts of choice.

Edited by Yui

Fragile Dreams - A Dedication to Everyone

Had 2 other OSTs in mind but they are actually intro songs rather than title/main menu

I definitely love this one:

And these will also always hold a special place in my heart, they're very emotional to me and give me such a feeling of nostalgia:

Edited by Shradow

Can't find just the main menu theme, but because the theme itself used is so nostalgic for me, this game wins my vote... also it's not that bad of a game, just wish there was more support for it

8 hours ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Fragile Dreams - A Dedication to Everyone

Had 2 other OSTs in mind but they are actually intro songs rather than title/main menu

I have never heard of this game before but listening to this I'm intrigued.

2 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

I have never heard of this game before but listening to this I'm intrigued.

It's a great game, IMO. It's a post-apocalyptic setting where the protagonist looks for survivors, more on the spooky side than, let's say, Fallout, Mad Max and other more action-packed post-apocalypse themes. I didn't finish it, and only played the first chapter IIRC, but saw gameplay of the later chapters, and... damn, some plot twists here and there, simply amazing. Can't really say more without bordering on spoilers. I strongly recommend to give it a try if you can, because so far it's Wii-only AFAIK.

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC

9 hours ago, Shradow said:

I definitely love this one:

And these will also always hold a special place in my heart, they're very emotional to me and give me such a feeling of nostalgia:

I was going to post that first one, too! Dark Soul 3's Title Theme really helps capture the overall tone of the game. A balance of epic and bleak.

Other ones I like:

Spoiler

No instruments. No lyrics (unless you count Kyrie eleison). Just the chant of a woman or two. It's simple, but it's very effective. Very subtle.

Spoiler

This isn't even my favorite 3D Mario game, but my god is the soundtrack glorious. And the title theme is no exception. The orchestra mixed in with the space sound effects is touching.

Spoiler

I like the Title themes of The Duelist of the Roses and Forbidden Memories as well, but I don't think either are as alive as this one. 

Edited by Nyx