Saikazo

Digimon: Dimension Distorted [IC/PG-16/Accepting]

"It might... help," Ms. Grace placed a book on the table next to Mackenzie and Wormmon, startling both, though the latter showed it more.

"U-um... th-thank you...?" The insect mumbled, wiggling in place a little as Mackenzie simply looked at Grace, her face back to its usual emotionless status. However, if one looked closely enough, they could see the slightest hint of a blush on her cheeks. As the librarian left, Mackenzie looked to the book, raising an eyebrow.

"The Cat in the Hat, huh...? I guess a children's book would be the best place to start, rather than a young adult's novel."

"Huh? Humans have levels like that?"

"Uh... we kinda just... grow. What do you mean by levels?"

"Digimon change and become more powerful! We digivolve to become stronger and get new forms! I'm just a rookie right now, though..."

"Is that so..." Mackenzie muttered under her breath, before opening the book and placing it on the table, mulling over the new information. These creatures were... strange, although this one seemed completely harmless. Just curious, like her. However, this 'digivolution' was something she should probably ask about... later. "So, let's start, shall we? 'The sun did not shine...'"

"Oooh, so that's what that means... What strange letters!"

The cuteness got to Mackenzie again, giving the girl a small laugh, before she went back to reading the book, tracing her finger under the lines as she read. Wormmon ate it up, the duo oblivious to the rest of the events in the school.

Chris sighed greatly at what seemed like Kokoro, Dominic, and Romy seemed to throw the general plan out the window, but then again...what did he exactly expect? Dominic was, what they called, an edge-lord. Well, one of the two that he had the pleasure of being stuck with...but that wasn't the point. What was the poin-

The yelling cut Chris' thoughts short, as he too got up after Kokoro did and followed. If anything, he'd definitely make an impact with his trusty baseball bat and knock the hell out of whatever was causing the ruckus. He arrived just in the moment where Kokoro took her shoe and threw it at the ceiling tile and out came about three of these different creatures: one with a hoodie, a white hedgehog with a blue scarf, and a black dragon with red fangs.

"What th-"

"C-CRAP!!! CHEESE IT!!" the hedgehog shouted, immediately hightailing it out of the room and making its way towards the gymnasium in a hurry.

"You get that one. I'll grab the guy with the hoodie."

"Ten-four on that, Kokoro. Be careful." Chris simply said, running off after the hedgehog. Huh...this thing is pretty fast. Well, hopefully things won't go south...

Within the gym, Chris looked around for any white hedgehog-like creature, but unfortunately that seemed like it was going to be a bit of a difficult situation. After all, the gym WAS merged together with a freaking jungle and or ruined temple or something along those lines. As Chris walked around the gym, he was immediately on attack by a strike of...rocks. Of course, he figured what was throwing these rocks at him.

"Ha! Had enough yet, human??"

Chris only smirked, moving to grab the baseball bat that was in it's little bag/sheath/whatever and swung the bat slightly in his hand. "Heh, you got a nice arm...but try it again, see what happens." he said, prepping his bat...cause right now, he was taking this as a challenge. A moment passed and finally a new rock came flying towards him. Chris' eyes narrowed and he swung the bat and it hit the mark, sending the rock back up into where it was sent and a loud THUD was heard, as the white hedgehog-like creature fell onto the ground immediately. "And it's another home run!"

He made his way towards the creature, who seemed to be rubbing it's head and grumbling. "So, you done now?"

"...y-you aren't going to hurt me anymore? ...make me into a pin-cushion?"

"Wha-...no! Jeez, I'm not that violent..." Chris said, shaking his head with a small chuckle. "...well, minus the hitting the rock back at you. All honesty, I just wanna talk."

"..." the hedgehog began to grumble after hearing that. "...then Hackmon lied to me...said you all were going to make me a pin-cushion. Just wanted to get food is all and to stay alive."

"It's alright buddy. We can definitely accommodate for ya, provided you don't decide to throw more rocks...so, you got a name?" he asked, extending a hand towards the creature.

The white hedgehog slowly stood up, adjusting his scarf before looking at Chris' hand. He stood there for a long while, seeming to be thinking, but he only smiled and had hand meet the human's. "I'm Herissmon!"

"Herissmon, huh? I'm Christopher Scott...but you can call me Chris."

Dominic's head turned towards what sounded like screaming outside. While they were stupid, the people around him weren't deaf, as seemed to also hear it. Dominic followed behind the trio of students, comfortably planting his hands inside his pockets.

When he got there, he saw none other than Theodore's jolly ass running his mouth again. His face curled into a grimace. "Not this idiot." Dominic growled under his breath, glaring at the boy. He didn't like this guy at all. How could someone be so optimistic in a situation like this? And, on top of his obnoxious happiness, he was annoying to boot. How one man could talk so much without running out of oxygen was beyond Dom. He glanced over at Romy as she ran to the boys side, scoffing.

Annoying or not, that wasn't important. What was important was whatever was above them. Kokoro used her shoe to knock out the panel above them. Dominic was about to call her a reckless idiot when three of those monsters dropped from the ceiling, one right on top of Connor, who had just arrived on the scene. "Now you've done it...!" Dominic shouted, gritting his teeth as he pulled out his fists from his pockets. Kokoro and Chris, like the idiots they were, chased after the two monsters on their own, leaving Theodore, Romy, and Connor behind with the dragon. He was tempted to leave the monster on top of Connor, seeing as it was struggling to pick itself up. However, this was a dumb idea, especially since he figured the beast would eventually get up.

With an annoyed sigh, he turned to Theodore and Romy. "You imbeciles plan on just standing there?" He said, walking past the two and running towards Connor. With one swift action, Dominic tackled the beast in an attempt to get it off of his fellow student.

As Todd shrank back from the wall, a feeling of a missed opportunity started to wash over him.  However, just as soon as the knife had buried away, the noise from before picked up with a vengeance.  It sounded as if a large drill was digging through all the stone and vine to make it's way through.  Todd jumped back, as a creature lathered in gold armor, presented itself before him.  He had heard of all the creatures suddenly appearing around here, but he hadn't laid eyes on them himself.  He blinked as the creature began to talk.

"There no need to fear!  I, Zubamon, am here to help all of you!  Wait, are you a... hoomin?" It asked, dropping the pose.  Todd shook his head up in down with a dumbfounded look on his face. "Wow, you're the first hoomin I've ever met! I should get my master, he's been looking for hoomins!  So, um... what's your name, hoomin?"  After a moment, he actually decided to speak.

"Todd.  My name's Todd."  No last name...not yet.  "And you're Zubamon?  What the hell..."  He said, with a hand covering his face.  "This can't be real...you look like some really important npc."  Todd stomped the ground with a heel, digging it in.  "Who's your master?!  Where are they?!  Where are we!?"  He pointed back to the caved in wall.  "Can you get us out of here?!"  

Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw was a bit bewildered by the ill-flung shoe revealing not one, not two, but three of the strange critters; one of which, a rather heavy one, just parked its obsidian derriere all upon Conner. What was even more bewildering was that someone actually saw fit to tackle the creature, rolling with it across the floor. Kneeling down by the felled boy, Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw brought Conner to his bosom, a fine tear gracefully dancing its last down his chin. "Oh Conner, sweet Conner. Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora pro nobis peccatoribus, Ora, ora pro nobis; Ora, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, Nunc et in hora mortis, In hora mortis nostrae. In hora, hora mortis nostrae, In hora mortis nostrae. Ave Maria!" he sang sweetly, cradling the other boy gingerly in spite of the clearly obvious fact that he wasn't dead. 

"Theodore, maybe now's not the time to..." Romy trailed off, slightly embarassed by how the boy was acting. He was always cheerful in times like these, which was nice, but the rumbling tile up above was giving Romy the idea that maybe now they needed to be a bit more serious. Luckily, Kokoro agreed. Unfortunately, her timing was slightly off.

"Kokoro!" she yelled out, seeing Conner whip around the corner, but she was too late. In a whirl, the three creatures were knocked from the ceiling, cascading onto Connor like a rockfall. In a split second, the group was splitting, chasing after the creatures while Dominic tackled the dragon creature off of Connor. 

The black-skinned dragon beat his tiny wings furiously, jumping out of Dominic's grip and plonking directly on top of his head. "OW!" he yelled out, smoke billowing from his mouth as he panted for breath, trying to keep out of Dominic's grasp. His body was too heavy to fly properly, and he just kept dancing at the end of Dominic's reach, repeatedly falling back down to slam into him purely by accident. "Lemeegolemmegolemmegolemmego!" he called out desperately. 

Romy came to a stop by Conner and Theo, making a brief check of the boy to determine he was still conscious. "Conner, are you okay?" she asked, concerned. She looked back over to Dominic and the dragon creature, biting her lip. "Theo, I have to help him," she told the boy, raising her voice mid-sentence to talk over his ramblings. "Get Conner to the- Theo, he's ALRIGHT," she assured him, straightening. "Get him to the cafeteria, PLEASE, then... tell the others Kokoro and Chis might need help. There's more of these things."

She turned then, dashing to Dominic's aid, jumping up and scooping the dragon creature into her grasp just as he cleared Dominic's reach. "OOP," the creature cried out in surprise as he was grabbed, squirming in surprise. Romy struggled to keep her grip, losing her footing. She fell forward, the dragon between her and the ground. She instinctively twisted her body, jerking the dragon so he faced upward, slamming her back into the floor with a loud gasp of air. She lay there, struggling to not release the dragon as she gasped for breath from the impact.

"Wow..." The dragon creature perked up on her stomach, looking first to Dominic, then to her. Romy winced as the creature looked at her, massive jaws smoking. They looked big enough to close her entire head in them. 

"I... Please..." she began, unsure of what to say.

"... You SAVED me!" The dragon leaped forward, nuzzling up to Romy affectionately. She blinked in confusion, unable to even flinch away from the heat emanating from this creature. "He's a tough one, that guy," he stated, turning around on her chest, the trails of smoke coming from his mouth ebbing away and watching Dominic warily. "Gonna try and get past her, tough guy?" he asked, his challenging tone uncertain, like he didn't use it very often.

"Um... No, Dominic's not going to try anything," Romy assured the creature, taking advantage of his back being turned to give Dominic a meaningful glance. "You just scared us a bit is all, we can all just... help each other out now that things have calmed down."

"Okay!" the creature exclaimed, stepping his surprising weight off of her chest to sit in Romy's lap as she straightened up into a sitting position, a little unsure of how to deal with this creature that was now sitting with her like a child. "Good thing, too; I was getting real scared up in the ceiling."

"Was the smoke up there you?" Romy asked curiously.

The creature looked away sheepishly. "Yeah... Fire breath isn't all it's cracked up to be. Hackmon kept telling me it was making it hard to see, but it's real TINY in there."

"Hackmon? Is that one of the ones that fell out with you?" The creature nodded. "Well I guess that leaves the question... What's your name?"

He straightened up, his orange horns glowing. "Vorvomon!" he exclaimed happily, lisping slightly on the first syllable. 

Romy looked up to the empty cieling tile, mulling on the revelation. "VorvoMON, HackMON... I don't suppose you're related?"

"In that we're both Digimon, I guess."

Romy looked down to the creature, raising an eyebrow. "Digimon? Well, Vorvomon, um... I'm Romy. And I think you should meet a couple of people." She punctuated her sentence with a smile to him, which he heartily returned.

"Get him to the cafeteria, PLEASE, then... tell the others Kokoro and Chis might need help. There's more of these things."

Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw let out a long, deliberate, tired sigh. "Some people I swear have no flare for drama" he sighed to Conner's not!corpse. "One tries to have a moment, and then the moment is spoiled by no one else playing along. Tis maddening and maddeninger I can tell you that much. Anyways Conner my chum, let's uhh, let's uhh get you to the cafeteria" he grunted, helping Conner up.

Blimey for someone sans an arm he certainly wasn't light about it, though it would help if he could lighten up about it. "Still, these creatures are curiouser and curiouser. Like our earthly animals, yet strangely... animesque. It seems almost ludicrous to say that we've traveled to another world, or perhaps another world traveled to us?" Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw posited while helping Conner along to the cafeteria. "Hmm, I wonder if the creatures would be interested in joining the drama club?"

Touch was carrying Frimon on his arms as he went back to the library. "So you said you're a "Digimon", right?" Frimon nodded. "As in "Digital Monster"?"

"I guess so."

"Anyway, I guess it's training time."

"Huh?"

"Well, if you will help us get to the next stage, we need to level you up and such. So, let's get some random encounter and see what we can do, okay?" Frimon nodded enthusiastic about the new exploration. He haven't got much ever since he got inside this weird building. "Anyway, let's get to meet the rest first." And now the duo was back in the cafeteria. "Hai, minna! Look what I got!" He showed everyone in there his new partner, though he realized there were a lot of people getting in troubles as well. "Uh... hello?"

Dominic managed to push the beast off of Connor, grunting as the dragon seemed to squirm in his arms. "Hey!" The boy shouted as the beast smacked his head. "Why you little...!" He wasn't going to let this one go so easily. He chased the dragon, who seemed barely able to fly and yet managed to hang just out of reach, annoyed by the whole situation. Just as the dragon managed to get completely out of his reach, Romy finally made herself useful and caught the damn thing. "Took you long enough..." Dominic remarked bitterly, although he was ignored as she started talking to it.

The dragon turned to Dominic. "Gonna try and get past her, tough guy?" The boy's eye twitched in annoyance. This thing was somehow dumber than the people he was with - didn't he realize that she was on his side? He glared at the dragon, his gaze shifting towards Romy who gave him a glance of her own. Wait was she... trying to befriend the damn thing? He knew that some of them had planned on befriending these monsters, but he didn't think anyone would actually try it.

Even more to his surprise, it seemed to have actually worked, as the two continued to converse. He continued to watch the two, ignoring Theo's antics. "Are you... Did you just..." He started, before letting out an annoyed sigh. This wasn't worth his time or his breath - none of this was. "...whatever." He simply said, rolling his eyes as he turned his back to the pair, crossing his arms. He turned back to Theo and Connor. "We should go find the others that ran off."

jVtc2ZL.png

"We should go find the others that ran off."

"I'm here," Kokoro responeded, rounding the corner with Hackmon in tow. He stuck close behind her, not even greeting the other humans assembled in the hallway. Shaw seemed to be bringing Connor over to the cafeteria. Just as well. She'd never even finished eating! "And I'm going back to my breakfast now," she added. Chris still wasn't back though... it was a wee bit concerning. Maybe checking in on him wouldn't be the worst idea.

"I'll go back in a bit actually," she eventually decided aloud, turning and starting in the direction Chris had ran off, finding herself in the gym. There he was. With the little hedgehog. "What's the holdup in here?" she asked.

Edited by Yui

"Todd.  My name's Todd." 

"Toddmon? Whadda odd name,"

"And you're Zubamon?  What the hell..."  He said, with a hand covering his face.  "This can't be real...you look like some really important npc."  Todd stomped the ground with a heel, digging it in.  "Who's your master?!  Where are they?!  Where are we!?"  He pointed back to the caved in wall.  "Can you get us out of here?!"  

"NPC... is that some sort of human evolution stage?" Zubamon asked. "Anyways, my master is one of the greatest warriors in the digital realm, the Legendary Royal Knight of the Wind!" The digimon stood tall and proud, obviously thinking that title carried a lot of weight, even if Todd had no idea who that was. "He's out in the town, looking for people... place seemed like a ghost town when we got here...," He sighed and rubbed his chin. "As for getting you outta here... well... it took me nearly an hour just digging for someone my size... if I take into account your height and the fact I would have to be much more careful as to make sure it doesn't cave in... that could take a few days. But hey, my master should totally come around in around an hour or two, and I know he can get us out!"

A sudden clatter caught Zubamon's attention. Without a word he dashed off, running on all fours as he turned around a corner, disappearing from sight. If Todd followed him, he would see that Zubamon had cornered some sort of brown rabbit with pink tips on the ears. Zubamon watched over it carefully, making sure it wasn't armed or something before he turned to Todd. "Alright, Toddmon, this Lopomon doesn't seem dangerous! I don't think anyways!" he whipped about around, staring at the digimon.

This was not Conner's day, not one bit. First he saw some monster in the mirror, and then he had three monsters just drop on top of him. That wasn't the worst part, though, oh no. The worst part was that Theo had taken it upon himself to spin some sort of eulogy for him and cradle him close to his chest.

"Get... me off your chest," Conner muttered.

"Theo, I have to help him," Romy told the addressed the boy holding the other intimately to his chest."Get Conner to the- Theo, he's ALRIGHT," she assured Theo, straightening. "Get him to the cafeteria, PLEASE, then... tell the others Kokoro and Chis might need help. There's more of these things."

"Some people I swear have no flare for drama" The dramatic one stated, causing Conner to roll his eyes. "One tries to have a moment, and then the moment is spoiled by no one else playing along. Tis maddening and maddeninger I can tell you that much. Anyways Conner my chum, let's uhh, let's uhh get you to the cafeteria" he grunted, helping Conner up. "Still, these creatures are curiouser and curiouser. Like our earthly animals, yet strangely... animesque. It seems almost ludicrous to say that we've traveled to another world, or perhaps another world traveled to us? Hmm, I wonder if the creatures would be interested in joining the drama club?"

For the first time in awhile, Conner let out a small laugh. Despite his annoyingly flowery speech patterns, Theo did bring up a good point. "Well, seeing that our school is now a stone prison, I think it's safe to assume we went to another world. Worst Isekai I've ever seen though. We went from one prison to another,"

"Hai, minna! Look what I got!" Touch had returned, with one of those creatures on his shoulder. "Uh... hello?" Conner stared at Touch, wondering if he should be a smartass or try to be nice to the strange exchange student. In the end, his morals won over his cynicism. 

"That's cool Touch. Real neat," He managed to get out, although the enthusiasm was certainly lacking. "Thanks for the help Theo, I can walk now...," He muttered as he wiggled out of Theo's grip.

"We should go find the others that ran off." Dominic spoke up, looking at Theo and the one armed wonder. 

"I'm here," Kokoro's voice called out. "And I'm going back to my breakfast now,"

"... You know what, you're right," Conner said to Dominic. "Imma go check on Chris... someone... someone make sure Touch doesn't wander off and get himself and his Tamagotchi eaten," with that, he took off in a brisk jog, just trying to get away from the small crowd. It didn't take long to get back to the gym. "Chris, you still breathing? Or did the monster eat you?"

"What's the holdup in here?" It seemed Kokoro came as well, for whatever reason. Maybe she and Chris were dating, who knew? He didn't keep up with the gossip. Well, now that she was here, she could check on the jock. Conner's eyes wandered, before something caught his eye. 

A strange glowing symbol on the far wall.

"Many a student has made mention of a strange glyph in the gym, though they only ever see it out of the corner of their eyes. It's quite strange, for when they turn to look at it, like magic it's simply gone!"  Conner recalled that not even five minutes ago, Theodore had told him of such a thing. But instead of vanishing... it was there! A strange glowing glyph. There was something else about it... something... drawing him to it. He walked to it slowly, enraptured by the symbol. Finally, he stood in front of it, the symbol eye level with him. He reached out to it... only to remember that arm was gone. With a sigh, he reached with his left hand, gently tracing the symbol with great curiosity.

The effect was almost immediate. The wall began to shake, a loud rumbling being heard as the portion of stone sunk in and then split open, revealing a dark dark passageway. It was nearly impossible to see in it... but in the distance... he could see a light. Was that... was that maybe the exit? Quietly, and almost zombie-like, he walked forward, trying his best to reach the light.

Mr. Henderson peeked out from behind the desk he was hiding behind, looking to see what the Devimon was doing. The search of the broom closet was finished, and now it was coming closer and closer to his hiding spot. The teacher reached into his pocket, readying his secret weapon. The second the Devimon poked its foul evil head around the desk, Mr. Henderson let out a warcry.

"POCKET SAND!!!" At this thundering cry, he tossed the said pocket sand into the Devimon's eyes, causing the creature to roar in pain.

"Damn you human!!" it screamed despite its blinding rage and the blinding sand, recoiling away. The metal shop teacher took this opportunity to rush across the room and out the door. He slid as his momentum carried him to the hallway wall, but he reoriented himself and started to rush towards the stairs leading to the lower levels. He could hear the room being destroyed by the Devimon's wild flailing and throwing random attacks around. This was good though. He would make it back, and they would be safe.

He spoke a little too soon.

Something hit his foot, and the next thing he knew, the white haired teacher fell to the ground, hitting it hard enough to temporarily knock the wind out of him. Looking up, he saw he had tripped over... a metal mushroom digimon?

"O-oh! I'm sorry, are you okay?!" The digimon asked.

"No, but I don't have time to not be okay," Mr. Henderson muttered. "Come here, you, this ain't a place for a rookie to be wandering around in," He reached over and scooped the digimon up in his arms and ran off. The stairs themselves were hidden behind a large stone wall, one that the even the bigger digimon couldn't just brute force their way through. There was, however, a small space underneath it, one big enough for Mr. Henderson to dive on his stomach and slide across the floor, slipping under it and getting to safety.

With an aching stomach, the teacher stood back up, sighing to himself as he placed the digimon on the ground and began to walk away. "Don't get into trouble now, you hear me?" He said as he headed down the stairs.

"H-hey, wait up!" The digimon called out as he ran after him. "Y-you're a human, right?"

"In the flesh. What of it?" was the response.

"W-well, i-if you're a human, then you could become my partner, right? Like in the legends of the Digidestined!" The small digimon called out. The teacher froze at the words.

"Partner, huh? Sorry buddy, but I'm not particularly looking for a partner right now. You'll have to rope someone else into it," He continued his walk down the stairs, but the digimon did his best to keep up.

"Wait up!" the digimon cried out. Maybe due to how pitiful it sounded, the teacher sighed and turned around, grabbing the small creature.

"I'll get you to the first floor, but you're going to have to find your own partner," The teacher stated. The digimon nodded, noting to himself just exactly how the words were phrased.

Soon, the teacher and the digimon made it to the first floor, and the teacher headed with the library, the digimon in tow. Ms. Grace looked up from her desk, her eyes scanning Mr. Henderson's body before coming to a conclusion.

"You went to the higher floors," The tone wasn't accusing or even worrying. Just stating facts with a hint of disappointment.

"Is it that obvious?" Mr. Henderson asked with a chuckle and a shrug.

'That large wound on your arm is very telling," She said evenly as she reached below her desk, pulling up medical supplies. "We're running out of these. You need to stop being so reckless,"

"Hey, recklessness is part of my charm," Mr. Henderson flashed a smile, causing Ms. Grace to shake her head and slap the wound gently. It still hurt enough to cause the metal shop teacher to hiss out in pain. "Damn, your bedside manner sucks," he quipped.

"All your 'charm' won't mean anything if you're dead," Ms. Grace fired back, ignoring the quip. Her voice and gaze softened a bit as she spoke. "I don't think we can afford to lose you Dave,"

"Hey, I won't go down that easily," was the response. "But... thanks for caring," The librarian only blushed lightly in response.

The digimon he brought with him sighed as he watched. His partner was getting really sappy with a weird... human and digimon fusion? A Humon, maybe? He didn't know. He spotted a girl and a Wormmon at a table, so he decided he would find out who those two were. With a bit of determination, he managed to get to the table and climb on top of it.

"Hi!" He said. "I'm Ludomon! ... Are you two partners?"

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

Touch saw Conner leave in a pretty depressed mood. "Are all humans just as serious as him?"

"No, he just feels bad for the situation we're trapped in."

"You are trapped too?" Touch nods. "I tried to get out by going to the upper floors, but those champion Digimon are pretty tough."

"Champion? Champions of what?"

"That's how the adults are called. For example, I'm an In-Training Digimon, meaning I'm two stages below Champion." Touch listened to him. "The next stage is Rookie, then comes Champion and finally comes Ultimate. And I will be one of those, I'm sure of it!"

"I see. That's very-" He cut it when he heard the rumble in the gym. "That came from the gym! Let's go!" Touch ran off without pause to reach the gym, while Frimon was holding tight onto his scarf. He soon stopped at the door and saw Kokoro in there, with Conner heading towards the tunnel that just opened. "Huh... it seems the next stage is afoot." He simply followed Conner, keeping a distance from him in case a jumpscare would hit him. "Be wary, Frimon..."

"NPC... is that some sort of human evolution stage?  Anyways, my master is one of the greatest warriors in the digital realm, the Legendary Royal Knight of the Wind!" The digimon stood tall and proud, obviously thinking that title carried a lot of weight, even if Todd had no idea who that was. "He's out in the town, looking for people... place seemed like a ghost town when we got here...," He sighed and rubbed his chin. "As for getting you outta here... well... it took me nearly an hour just digging for someone my size... if I take into account your height and the fact I would have to be much more careful as to make sure it doesn't cave in... that could take a few days. But hey, my master should totally come around in around an hour or two, and I know he can get us out!"

"Well that's a relief..."  Todd sighed.  They wouldn't be stuck in here much longer, but something told him it wasn't going to be that simple.  After all, if his master was outside, that meant that everything outside of the school must have been transformed too.  "What a hassle I've found myself in."  He said, tossing his hair.  "Not like there's anything else for me to do."

A sudden clatter caught Zubamon's attention. Without a word he dashed off, running on all fours as he turned around a corner, disappearing from sight.

"HEY WHAT THE HELL!  Get back here you freakin' rat!"  Todd said, chasing after Zubamon with vigor.  After a brief chase, it looked that Zubamon had cornered a large bunny like creature.  It looked strangely similar to the one who had vandalized all the library books.  

"Alright, Toddmon, this Lopmon doesn't seem dangerous! I don't think anyways!"

"Of course it doesn't look dangerous."  Todd started laughing.  "It looks like a freakin' stuffed animal!"  

"Who you callin' a stuffed animal, ya tall freakazoid!"  The bunny opened it's mouth, and shot a small ball of blue energy towards Todd.  With a critical roll, Todd was able to duck for cover at the last second, as the ball shattered the wall behind him.  "The name's Pix!  And I'm the toughest digimon on this floor!"  Pix eyed Zubamon, rattling their fist in the air.  "Well I haven't seen your ugly mug around here, so I guess we gotta fight to settle the score!"  

Todd got in between the two in a hurry.  

"Whoa there, just take it easy Pix!"  His posture slouched, as he looked at the three horned creature.  A smile crept across his face.  "You know, you're pretty tough despite your looks.  How's about tagging along with us.  We could sure use some help from the strongest 'Digimon' on this floor."  He stuck out his hand, as Pix stroked their chin.

"Hm.  You make a good point human."  Pix placed a claw in Todd's hands as they shook up and down.  "You got yourself a deal."  

"It's Todd, by the way."  He turned to Zubamon.  "That goes for you too, Zuba.  Don't go callin me Toddmon...I ain't no freakin' digimon!"  

Chris and Herissmon were finishing up talking and were about to return back to the cafeteria, but was stopped when two voices were heard coming into the gym.

"Chris, you still breathing? Or did the monster eat you?"

"What's the holdup in here?"

Looking up, he saw that Conner jogged into the gym first, followed by Kokoro and a hooded creature. Huh. Guess she took care of her little creature then. Also, they both just walked in at the same time...are Conner and Kokoro dating perhaps? he thought, standing up with a slight smirk. Well those two do seem like a cute couple. With a simple wave, Chris nodded at Conner and Kokoro. "Yeah, I'm still alive...Herissmon here didn't eat me, so apparently I'm not on the menu. Was actually just about to head back to meet you all."

Herissmon was pretty wary of the new individuals walking in, but immediately saw Hackmon and pointed. "YOU!!" he immediately rushed towards the creature and then grumbled the entire time. "You lied to me again! You told me they were gonna make me a pin-cushion if I got cornered! Chris over there told me differently..." With another 'hmph', he crossed his arms and turned his head away, proceeding to walk back towards Chris.

"Weeeeell, maybe it couldn't be helped. Still, it's all under control now." Chris snickered, before noticing what Conner was doing. Watching what seemed to be a secret door opening and Conner walking into it. "Conner? Hey what's wr-"

"Huh... it seems the next stage is afoot."

Before Chris could finish, almost out of nowhere Touch and a little creature entered the gym and followed after Conner. He silently face palmed, shaking his head. Kid is going down there with no form of defense...he's liable to get himself hurt. Conner was one thing, the dude was strong and he could tell this. Touch on the other hand...well, he kept thinking everything was like a video game. Granted, it wasn't a bad way of viewing things...but not everything in life was like a video game.

"And there he goes, the protagonist beginning the next chapter of his own epic. Ahh, to be young again" Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw sighed wistfully.

Of course, everyone else was on their own path too, with partners in hand. And well, to someone like Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw, he could simply smell the narrative at work. Which would mean.... Turning to the bathroom, thoughts of that strange little statuette flooded his mind. "Someone such as I couldn't really find a match with one of those creature, not unless it could match my sheer dramatic might. Though, that little statue in the mirror is intruiging. And well it's not like the others need my assistance. So, I shall exit stage right."

Pretentious internal monologue concluded, the thespian naturally followed the path of drama to the bathroom, wherein he returned to the Confounding Mirror. Waving a hand before it, truly his hand did not reflect in the mirror's surface. It was indeed something else to see a sheen with no reflection, as if it were a monitor of sorts. "Curious say I, to the mirror that does not reflect."

".tcelfer htod ylurt rorrim eht taht I siT"

Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw blinked slowly, trying to process the Euclidean speech flowing through his mind like water through sand. "Verily? Could you repeath sir?"

".drloW morriM eht htelur ohw I .ees uoy taht I siT"

"Umm, I'm still not quite getting it good sir."

As if through the sheer heat of frustration, the mirror fogged, save for the statuette. And slowly words came back into view. "Call unto me as I see you? Well, who are you?" Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw inquired.

His new friend, whomever they may be, was silent. "A riddle is it? Then would you happen to be the Lord of Mirrors? Or perhaps the Duke of Mirrors?"

Nothing. Well, this was one hard turnip make no doubt about it. "If not, then I shall continue trying. As you may know we have nothing but time, and I, Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw, am not one for giving up riddles so easily. So game on my friend, and soon you shall see your deceptions shattered" he vowed.

jVtc2ZL.png

"Yeah, I'm still alive...Herissmon here didn't eat me, so apparently I'm not on the menu. Was actually just about to head back to meet you all."

Herissmon?

"YOU!!" That must have been this Herissmon Chris was talking about. Hackmon once again moved behind Kokoro, moving around her legs as needed to keep her between him and Herissmon. "You lied to me again! You told me they were gonna make me a pin-cushion if I got cornered! Chris over there told me differently..." Herissmon? Hackmon? There must have been something important about the -mon suffix tying these two together.

"As long as everyone's alright..." At least, everyone seemed pretty alright. Uninjured if nothing else. Before she could round everyone up and get the hell out of here though, she heard a loud rumbling from the far wall. Connor was over there. What did he do to cause that? More importantly, he was heading into the deep dark tunnel that had appeared.

"Huh... it seems the next stage is afoot. Be wary, Frimon..."

And Minamizawa was following him! Without any time to waste, Kokoro made for the tunnel, grabbing the boys by the shoulders firmly. "Hold it," she said. "Where do you two think you're running off to by yourselves?"

Touch felt the tug on his shoulder, looking over his shoulder, noticing it was Kokoro, which was good for him as he slipped into his more comfortable Japanese "<He unlocked the next level, so we're heading there, senpai.>" He tried to pull himself off her grasp. "<The wall was as solid as it could be and he opened it.>" He pointed at Conner, who was the other person she stopped. "<It's a plot barrier! It exists only to stop you from going forward without having solved a story element>" He pointed to the curious and eager Frimon who waved at her with his tail.

"Hi, Senpaimon! I'm Frimon, and this my friend Touchmon, but he preferes to be called Touch." Touch sighed at the little mon's remark. It seems Frimon haven't gotten off the name termination tick.

Edited by ZetaRESP

"Hi!" He said. "I'm Ludomon! ... Are you two partners?"

Wormmon nearly molted as the shield digimon showed up suddenly, squealing and clinging to Mackenzie. The redheaded girl had been a little surprised herself, but... Wormmon's actions caught her much more off guard. It wasn't unpleasant, but it still seemed different.

"D-don't scare me like that!" The bug huffed as she climbed back down from Mackenzie, puffing her proverbial chest out, "I-I'm just trying to l-learn about the humans, so we can figure out what's g-going on! Th-there's no way she would want a p-partner like m-me, anyway..."

"Um, if I may," Mackenzie spoke, Ludomon apparently counting as an animal to her brain as well, "What do you mean by partner?"

Kokoro seemed to be fine, as she came back. And it seemed like she also befriended one of these monsters. Great. Dominic rolled his eyes, turning towards where the gym was. That was the only other idiot they were waiting on. Kokoro and Connor took the initiative and made their way towards the gym, Dominic slowly following the duo.

When he got there, he saw that Chris had also befriended one of these demons. This was starting to get ridiculous, Dominic thought. He knew he was surrounded by idiots, but this was a whole new level. None of these little monsters seemed to be too hostile, and he figured if they were going to kill them they'd have already done it. Still, he didn't trust these things for a goddamn second. "God you guys are dumb..." Dominic muttered under his breath, before the room started to shake violently. He turned to Connor, who was shambling into a hole in the wall that wasn't there long ago.

Touch came into the room shortly after, and like a moth to a flame, almost immediately went into the hole. Kokoro, for a brief moment, showed a shred of common sense as he stopped the boy from his suicide run. As the two talked, Dominic turned his attention to the hole, before turning back to Chris. "As much as a bad idea it is, we're gonna have to go in there." He turned his attention back to Touch, a glare in his eyes. "Together." He turned to Frimon, a look of disgust forming on his face. He still can't believe these idiots were befriending these monsters.

Romy, upon returning to the cafeteria, had absconded to a corner of the room, assuring everyone that the creature in her grip was not dangerous and was in fact very friendly. Vorvomon had watched with wide eyes the entire time, occassionally commenting on there being "so many humans" here. Romy had set him down on the table, then sat down, lowering her head into her arms to look at him face to face. The two had been talking to each other nonstop since.

"What's a Digimon? You said you were one."

"A digital monster; I'm an example of a Vorvomon!"

"Are there more like you?"

"A few, yeah."

"Are you all named Vorvomon?"

"Mmmmmyup."

Romy tilted her head to the side, thinking this over. "Well, if there are more of you, how am I supposed to tell you apart from the other ones? How does anyone?"

Vorvomon shrugged; It was an impressive feat given his anatomy. "Uuuuh, I'm not sure. Maybe I should wear some sort of hat."

"Maybe I could call you something else."

"But that's my name."

"Sure, I mean like a nickname. If you're okay with that."

He perked up at that. "A nickname? Ooh, like what?"

Romy looked the little guy over. His still slightly smoking jaws. The black, rock-like scales. She reached out and tapped him on the snout, feeling the hard texture. "How about Obsidian? You look a bit like it."

Vorvomon frowned. "Ob-shid-een?" he asked, his blocky jaw struggling with the word.

Romy giggled. "Ob-sid-ian. It's a rock; Volcanic rock."

"Ob-sheed-ee-an?"

"You know what; Nicknames should be shorter than your actual name," Romy interrupted diplomatically. "How about... How about Ob? Just Ob."

A few seconds of mulling went by for the Digimon. Eventually he smiled ear to ear. "I like it! Should I give you one too?"

Romy smiled cheerily. "Of course you can, Ob."

"Okay, uuuuuh... Okay, give me a second-"

Romy felt the ground shake imperceptibly beneath her. She flinched, turning around to look behind her. She realized with trepidation that the cafeteria had emptied out during her conversation. "What was that?" she asked, concerned as she stood, looking at the door fearfully. 

Ob faltered, his orange horns glowing slightly. "Um, I dunno; Maybe one of the bigger Digimon is passing outside? I usually try to stay away from them."

"Theo? Conner? Kokoro? Touch?" Her voice gradually rising, Romy strode forward, eventually breaking out into a run, starting to breathe heavier.

Ob squawked in dismay "H-h-hey, wait up! I don't wanna be here by myself!" He flapped his wings, flying a few feet forward before plonking back onto the ground, waddling after Romy awkwardly.

The girl forced herself to stop, turning back around and scooping up the Digimon. "I'm sorry Ob," she apologized as she pivoted, running out the door and down the hall. "I'm just... Things are very tense out here and the slightest thing could be... Could be real bad."

"Bad?" Ob gulped, sweating slightly. "Naaah, it'll all be fine; Everything's gonna be just-"

"MR. HENDERSON!" Romy yelled in dismay as she stopped at the library door, arrested at the sight of their teacher inside, receiving treatment for the huge wound he was sporting. The sight of the blood had stopped her in her tracks, eyes wide and starting to slowly fill with panic.

Ob gazed down slowly. "Yeah, ooh, I uh... Really jinxed that one, huh?"

jVtc2ZL.png

"<He unlocked the next level, so we're heading there, senpai. The wall was as solid as it could be and he opened it. It's a plot barrier! It exists only to stop you from going forward without having solved a story element>"

This kid's going to get himself killed one day. I just know it. The whole game thing must have been some sort of coping mechanism. In that case, it would probably be for the better to not burst his bubble. If he wanted to believe something ridiculous like that, and it made him feel better about the whole situation, who was she to deny him that? <You won't get any continues here, so make sure to play safe.> Kokoro then turned her attention to Connor. "And your excuse?" she asked, a bit more sternly.

"As much as a bad idea it is, we're gonna have to go in there. Together."

"Then stay behind me," Kokoro replied. "I know my way around a fight a bit more than I'd like to admit, and worst-case, Minamizawa and I are the only ones with these creatures. And I'm pretty sure Hackmon here would be a better fighter than..." Kokoro glanced at Minamizawa's own partner. Compared to Hackmon, it was kind of a pathetic-looking little thing. "Whatever that is." Nudging her way past Connor, Kokoro led the way down the tunnel.

<You won't get any continues here, so make sure to play safe.> Touch looked at Kokoro's explanation, nodding at this. He was aware this may be the case here, as it did seem like his body was still acting like his. Still, it give him a bit of thrills. A true life adventure...

"Then stay behind me, I know my way around a fight a bit more than I'd like to admit, and worst-case, Minamizawa and I are the only ones with these creatures. And I'm pretty sure Hackmon here would be a better fighter than... Whatever that is." He smiled and remained behind her as she went forward, ready to fight what came his way. Frimon, on the other hand, was a bit upset about the way she wrote him off. After all, he was not just a defenseless in-training Digimon. As they went deeper, Touch braced himself. Yes, it could be the exit, but it may also mean that the next level of danger was upon them.

"D-don't scare me like that!" The bug huffed as she climbed back down from Mackenzie, puffing her proverbial chest out, "I-I'm just trying to l-learn about the humans, so we can figure out what's g-going on! Th-there's no way she would want a p-partner like m-me, anyway..."

"Um, if I may," Mackenzie spoke, Ludomon apparently counting as an animal to her brain as well, "What do you mean by partner?"

"Well, I mean... a partner! It's an old Digimon legend," Ludomon explained. "When the world's in danger, humans are sent into the Digital World and find a digimon that they would partner with, which provides the digimon with power, and the two of them join forces to have the worlds!" He proudly pointed to Mr. Henderson with a large grin on his face. "I found my partner today!" But before he could say more, he was hit over the head by a thrown book.

"Oy, oy, I never said anything about being your partner," Mr. Henderson commented. "I told you---,"

"You said I have to find my own partner, you never said it couldn't be you!" Ludomon said as he rubbed his head, tears in his eyes. Mr. Henderson muttered under his breath.

"Fine, fine, I'll help you for now, but you better listen well. I'm not a---,"

"MR. HENDERSON!" The yell that suddenly pierced the room, causing Mr. Henderson to flinch and suck in a bit of air. He was lucky that Mackenzie was too distracted by that Wormmon, but he was hoping he was finished before anyone else could see it.

The digimon Romy was holding gazed down slowly. "Yeah, ooh, I uh... Really jinxed that one, huh?" Mr. Henderson let out a sigh.

"Well, I was hoping you all wouldn't see this, but... oh well," Mr. Henderson grinned. "Don't worry about me, this wound ain't nothing. All we need is for Ms. Grace to patch me up and I'll be right as rain,"

"Thank god you aren't the English teacher," Ms. Grace muttered.

Zubamon watched as Todd convinced the digimon known as Pix to join them. What a brilliant speaker! He should take notes! However, something Todd said... confused him.

"Hoomins don't use 'mon'? That's so weird...," He muttered. "So, are there other hoomins around, or is it just you? We'll need to make sure everyone here is up to speed before my Master gets here," Zubamon looked up to Todd expectantly.

Conner was unaware of anything else going around him. Voices were heard, but they sounded so far away. The light... he just needed to get to the light... a sudden grab on his shoulder.

"Hold it," she said. "Where do you two think you're running off to by yourselves?"

"'Yourselves'? I was basically in the gym alone. What do you...," He looked over, seeing Touch was next to him. "Of course...," He muttered. Touch began to speak in the animu language, and Kokoro answered him in that same language. What he said must have been satisfactory, because she then spoke to him. 

"And your excuse?" Conner almost started yelling. He wasn't some small child that needed some babysitter from some damn transfer student.Then again, why was he going down a dark tunnel all by himself?

"I'm going to investigate that!" He said, pointing to the light at the end of the tunnel. "It's gotta be a way out, right?"

"As much as a bad idea it is, we're gonna have to go in there. Together."

"Then stay behind me," Kokoro replied. "I know my way around a fight a bit more than I'd like to admit, and worst-case, Minamizawa and I are the only ones with these creatures. And I'm pretty sure Hackmon here would be a better fighter than... Whatever that is." Conner didn't say anything to argue. How could he? She was right and he hated it...

As the group walked down the hall, they notice it was getting hotter and hotter, and the light was getting brighter and brighter. The heat was starting to get unbearable, like a hot summer day in the desert. Finally though, right before it got too unbearable, tunnel went into a large room, one made of stone and covered in vines. In the center was an altar, and floating right above the armor was a floating suit of fiery armor

"Wh... what is this place?" Conner muttered. This isn't what he expected at all. Suddenly a voice filled the room, echoing through the stone hall.

"Child of Light... Child of Flame, come forth. Reach out to me, call out to me, and claim the power,"

"Child of Light...?" Conner muttered. "What does that mean?" The room was eerily silent, and the atmosphere was heavy. He didn't like this... but it also felt right. However, the second anyone took a step forward, everything changed. A large blue vortex of flame erupted around the armor, rising to the ceiling, the heat becoming oppressive once more. To make things worse, the vortex began to expand outward, igniting all the vines it came into contact with. Soon, very soon, it could come and devour the group.

Touch was surprised by the voice and what happened later was not assuring. He seriously feared this may had been a bad idea... then he tried to rationalize this in his unique way: Conner was the one in the front when this opened, so the "child of light, child of flame" must be him. He noticed that Conner himself did not have a digimon with him... He placed held Kokoro's hand as firm as he could. "<Kokoro-senpai,>" His voice was as firm as he could muster. "<Please step back and let Conner claim his power.>" He also had a serious expression, which also surprised Frimon.

The little mon eventually sided with his partner, then looked at her at the same expression and nodded. "Please, Kokorosenpaimon. Trust in Touchmon."

jVtc2ZL.png

And so it was that the four proceeded down the tunnel, Kokoro leading the way with Hackmon not far behind. When they reached the light at the end of the tunnel, however, rather than an exit, they found a suit of armor. While that in and of itself was already plenty confusing, what was even more confusing was the voice that suddenly filled the room. It might have been a talking suit of armor?

"Child of Light... Child of Flame, come forth. Reach out to me, call out to me, and claim the power,"

"Child of Light...? What does that mean?"

"Beats me." Kokoro was about to reach out to claim it for herself, by all means, but was stopped just before she could move to take it, by somebody taking her hand.

<Kokoro-senpai,> Minamizawa, sounding quite a bit less casual than usual. A surprise, to be sure. <Please step back and let Conner claim his power.>

<Eh? Chulainn's?> Kokoro eyed the cripple in question up and down. Certainly didn't seem like the type to have a cool suit of armor laid out just for him. Although, depending on how literal she wanted to be about it, there was no way Kokoro could be this "Child of Light." And she couldn't imagine either of the other two boys quite fitting the bill either. <...fine.>

"Well, Minamizawa here seems to think 'Child of Light' means you. I've got my doubts, but I guess unless something happens, that means it's yours for the taking. Go ahead."