Saikazo

Digimon: Dimension Distorted [IC/PG-16/Accepting]

"So is that why you were hiding in the back? To gather your courage for this massive undertaking ahead?"

The digimon looked at him with such an innocent intensity that Todd resisted the urge to strangle the small digimon.  He sighed, and rubbed the back of his head.  He noticed that Pix had done the same as well, with her mouth agate, and her pupils shining brightly.  

"Ye-yeah...that's why I stood back.  I knew the situation would be handled one way or another.  I just wanted to see if anyone else was brave enough first!  What did you think I was, some coward?!"  He smirked, shooting his face off to the side.  Pix mouth widened even more, as she ooh'd the human's statement.

"Wow!  I really got lucky to have you hold me so close, huh Todd!"  Todd averted his gaze from the small rabbits, scratching his cheek out of view. 

"Ye-yeah, I guess.  You really lucked out huh?"  No one had realized yet, but even looking at this digimon named 'Omnimon' was enough to send quakes down his legs.  The voice of his teacher centered his focus, as the adult of the group began to explain the situation.

"So... big, simple exposition dump.  So, the Digital World is an alternate dimension, right? In it, all lifeforms are digital, and some of the most common ones are Digimon.  Usually, when the Digital World is in danger, it'll grab random kids and force them to become heroes for the Digital World. This time however... this time it's different. It seems the two separate dimensions have fused into one, and no one knows how.  So that, that's a Digivice. Think of it as a link to your digimon. It makes them your partner, and you can do some... interesting things with it, like force enough power into them that they temporally age up into a more powerful form," He rubbed the back of his neck. "Don't ask me how you're supposed to do that, it's different from person to person.  I think that's all you need for now. Right now, we need to see what outside looks like."

Conveniently, everyone's houses seemed to be lined up neatly outside of the school.  However, a large train station seemed to reside in the newly organized town.  

"Hey, Omnimon... what's that tower?" Conner asked.  It made Todd look towards the oddity as well, as his eyes scrunched to see the faint thing in the distance.  

"We don't know. We just know it's somewhere in Colorado... and yes, it's so big we can see it from any where in the... 'United States'." 

"Alright kids... find your houses, and get essentials. We'll meet at the train station in half an hour." 

"What a pain in the ass."  Todd sighed, as he carried Pix all the way to his humble abode.  It didn't take him long to spot his house, the one with multiple holes protruding through his second story window screen.  When he was bored as a kid, he'd pick at it for hours at a time.  When he opened the door, he was greeted by nothing but silence.  "What else would I expect...wonder where the rents are..."  

"What are, 'rents'?"  Pix asked inquisitively.

"They're my parents."  

"Parents?"

"You know...like a mom and dad?"

"No."  The digimon smiled at him.  "We're just hatched from eggs made of data."  Todd scratched his cheek, but then thought of of a better explanation.

"Well, then the data is like your parent!"  Pix's mouth opened wide again.

"Wow!  I've got a parent too!"  

"Everyone does."  Todd sighed.  "Now...what do we need for the journey to Colorado...."  Todd scavenged through his bedroom, stuffing his backpack with a sleeping bag, a phone charger, multiple changes of underwear, and a flashlight with two batteries.  He then headed downstairs to his kitchen, where he procured a thermos.  Obviously, there was no running water in the house currently...he'd have to find some later, but stashed the thermos in the side of his backpack anyway.  There wasn't much food in the cupboards, but he managed to find a half-eaten jar of peanut butter, and some crackers.  "Well...that's good enough for now."  He struggled for a second to sling the backpack onto his back, as Pix gave it a little push with her ears, hiking it over.  "Thanks Pix.  Let's head to the station and see if we can catch a train before the others show." 

"Roger, Todd!"  The little rabbit saluted Todd, as she skipped happily behind him.

jVtc2ZL.png

Bags? Packed.

Hackmon? Present.

Destination? Colorado.

She didn't like it, but it was about time to get a move on. Although she'd been pretty fast getting her things together and leaving home, Kokoro kept finding herself making small detours. One last tour of this convenience store where she learned how different they were in America. A final look at the playground Mr. and Mrs. Hart had brought their grandson twice a week, every Wednesday and Saturday. The last time she'd pass the house where her first friend she made in an American school lived. She hadn't seen them since the event happened...

All this lingering on what was was weighing down on her heart. Like someone had wrapped a lock and chains around it, restricting how well it could beat at all. If I kept walking down memory lane, I wonder if it would stop beating completely. Wouldn't like to risk it. This wasn't her home anymore, anyway. Not in the strict sense of being purely the same world, at least. Maybe if this could be undone, she'd be able to come back and continue like nothing ever happened? ...probably not. This is very real. Not just some bad dream I'll wake up from someday. I'd better hurry to the train station.

This was her first time visiting a train station since leaving Japan, come to think of it. As expected from the current state of the world, it was... very quiet. Something about that felt haunting to her. She was used to stations bustling with activity at all times, as people lined up to get from A to B so they could go about their day. Instead, it was just her here. Well, her and Hackmon. And what appeared to be another pair of student and digimon. He was... he was...

Errr...

...who is he, again?

Kokoro couldn't remember who this boy was. But she did remember one thing about him! He didn't like the idea of being evacuated across the country just to be sheltered away and told to wait for all this to blow over! So he couldn't have been all that bad, right? Kokoro took a seat on the steps leading up to the station, next to the boy. "We're really taking off on some grand adventure, huh?"

"Who were you again?" Todd asked, rather coldly. "As for this b.s., you really gonna sit there and call it an adventure? All these kiddies here might think this is super cool, but think about the situation!" His hands gripped the sides of his head. "This is ridiculous! Digital Monsters, and our teacher knows about all of it..."

"It's just ridiculous." He murmured, as his hands went back to his side.

"I did think about it," Kokoro nodded. "And it is ridiculous. I have no idea what happened to my host family, let alone my actual family. These digital monsters are running around. I can't even call home to see if everyone's okay over there. Even more ridiculous is these." Fishing her digivice out of her pocket and flashing it to the boy, Kokoro continued "I don't really get a lot of what we were told earlier, but what I got out of it is having these makes us like heroes or something? And that's why we're heading for Corora... Ko... Coro... that tower."

Todd stared at the digital device, a little miffed that he didn't have his own.

"Family, huh? They weren't really the first ones on my mind, but yeah I wonder how they're fairing. After we ran into that big Metal Monster, I doubt they'd survive long if there's anything else like that stomping around." He rubbed the back of his head. "Well...they were probably at work anyways. Maybe they got someone protecting them." He then assumed a more leasiurely pose, opting to slide his arms back, putting his back at an angle. "As for Colorado...I don't know what we're supposed to do about it. Seems dumb."

"Me neither. But I don't like the idea of doing nothing and just waiting for this to pass, if it ever passes on its own. Neither do you, right?" Handshakes. Those weren't really how you first greeted someone back home, but Americans were really touchy-feely types, Kokoro had learned. So, she extended her hand over, with the introduction "I'm Kokoro, by the way. Kurosa... no, the other way around, Kokoro Kurosawa. Since we're the first ones here, we should at least know each others' names."

"With this crew? That's a bit laughable, but I suppose I don't really have a choice." At the sight of the girl's extended hand, he raised an eyebrow. He smirked, taking the girl's hand in his. "Kokoro? We've had a lotta you transfers lately." As he shook it, he rolled his eyes. "Well, I'm Todd. Todd Foley. Delighted." A small, clawed hand landed on top of both of their hands.

"And I'm Pix!"

"Nice to meet you. This here is Hackmon," Kokoro clarified, nudging the hooded digimon who had been and still was perfectly content to just sit on the sidelines and observe. A short awkward silence followed, but Kokoro took the initiative to break it. With a simple topic you could talk to anyone about. "So... what sort of stuff do you do for fun? Before all this, I mean."

"Games...Anim...T.v. mostly. And yourself?"

"Um... the same here. I kept trying to find something more productive to do, but I always found myself drawn back to books and the TV. Sometimes a game would come around for a show I really liked, so I've played a few games before too."

"What kind of games?! I like Spirit-like and RPG's a whole bunch!" Todd exclaimed, almost cheerfully. "All these losers here probably have never even played a Light Spirits game in their entire life!"

"I've played a couple of those, but they were just copies I borrowed from a friend. I'm more of the shooting games type." Kokoro made a movement that probably came from one of those games. Instead of shooting a gun though, it seemed more like she was swinging a wand or something. "Though that might just be a lot of the games I bought have shooter or bullet hell sorts of gameplay." Kokoro moved her hand over the ugly-as-hell floral bag Hackmon was reaching at, swatting her partner's hand away as if to let him know to keep out of its contents right now. For a whole lot of reasons, saying that she packed her rather small games collection would probably just get her laughed at, so she opted to skip over the fact entirely.

"Oh wow! Those games are hard! I could never really figure out how to dodge all that shit coming at me. I focuse way too hard on the bullets, and not on my character. I'm impressed."

"It isn't that difficult, really," Kokoro laughed, trying her best to keep herself modest. "Nothing like those Spirit-likes or RPGs. Those can be pretty tough."

"Are these games where the stuff in that bag came from?" Hackmon inquired, poking at the ugly floral bag. "Those little figurines, the books, and--"

"Sorry, were you saying something?" Kokoro interrupted, grabbing the back of her partner's head and pressing his face against the concrete beneath them. "...no? Okay then, it must have been my imagination." Turning her attention back to Todd, doing her best to ignore the red tinge on her cheeks, Kokoro simply said "Digimon, am I right?"

"Tell me about it..." Todd said, tugging on Pix's ear. The Digimon only gave off a small and cute noise, and little resistance. "S-so what figures do you have? Were they already assembled?"

"Ah..." The tinge turned into a full-on hue, as Kokoro more securely put her hand on the floral bag. "J-Just, you know... figures. O-Of stuff. I, uh, some of them were pre-assembled, but others I had to put together myself. But th-they're hardly worth showing off! Let alone talking about! A-Anyway, how bout this station, huh? I don't remember it being here before, and everyone else sure is taking their time getting here. Ahahahaha!" Getting up to her feet, Kokoro continued "I'm, um, gonna check this place out. You never know what you might find in some weird train station that wasn't there before, after all!"

"Ahh, hello?" Theo croaked out, causing Conner to look at him. "Did... did we win?"

"By some miracle, yeah," Conner stated, sighing to himself. "We're outside the school now. Some guy named Omnimon Alter-S saved our butts, and is leading us to California. Apparently, all our families have been taken there, and it's a safe place,"

"Mr. Henderson, you said that the whole Digimon partner power thing is different from person to person. Does this mean there are multiple methods to do that?" Chris asked. Mr. Henderson sighed to himself.

"Something like that," He admitted. "Frankly, there's a lot of ways to do it. Sometimes, displaying true courage in front of the face of adversity is the key. Maybe it's protecting those dear to you, or even reaching out to someone in love. Hell, the ones after me just threw magical eggs at their Digimon to make them power up, and some digimon can fuse together to make a stronger being," He shrugged. "It's wild and varied and I can't tell you how it works for you. Only you can figure it out,"

"... I don't have anything," Mackenzie spoke quietly, face unmoving, "So I'll just wait here. Omnimon said no other humans were around, so it'd be a waste of time..."  Mr. Henderson winced, unable to come up with a comforting answer for her.

"Well... if you're going to stick here, then do you mind watching over Theo while I head to my house?" He asked both Mackenize and his partner digimon, placing Ludomon on the ground next to Theo. "Not sure if he can walk yet, and I don't think we should leave him alone,"

"I shall wait here to," Omnimon confirmed, sitting his oversized body on the stairs, close to Theo and Mackenzie. Mr. Henderson gave a thumbs up and walked away, Conner standing up and doing the same.

Mr. Henderson sighed to himself as he found his house. It seemed that something had went through it, seeing as he saw the front door busted down, and some things knocked over. However, that wasn't important. He walked upstairs to his bedroom, packing a bag full of clothes and the like. However, there were two more things he needed. He walked over to his closet, pulling out a dust covered box. He opened it up slowly, revealing two digivices, one blue and one red, and a pair of googles. He slipped on the googles, sighing.

"Well, this does put me in the mood," He mused, trying not to lose himself to the memories. He took the two digivices, stuffing them into his pocket and headed out.

Meanwhile, Conner sighed to himself as he tried to pack with one arm. It wasn't easy, but with some willpower and his teeth, he managed to stuff some clothes and snacks into a bag and zipped it up. It was time to head out on some grand adventure. He didn't know what they would be doing, but... he was excited. Perhaps he'd get to become a hero with these new powers.

The air was still and eerie in the mass of rearranged houses, the silence feeling nearly heavy. However, that just made it easier to heard the sudden blast of a train horn whistling throughout the town. However.... oddly enough, it wasn't coming from the station, or even any further down the tracks... no, it was somewhere in town, mixed in the formation of houses.

If one was to listen closely, they'd notice something else. It wasn't just a train whistle. There was a voice right after the whistle blew... a weak voice... almost barely audible after the whistle itself.

"H-help... help me... someone... please...,"

"By some miracle, yeah." That sounded like Conner. Well, how marvelous was that? "We're outside the school now. Some guy named Omnimon Alter-S saved our butts, and is leading us to California. Apparently, all our families have been taken there, and it's a safe place."

"Oh, ho-how grand" Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw croaked as he managed to tilt his head up.

The town was, well, it had seen better days. He would probably have to ask about that. Turning his head slowly, he became vaguely aware that people were talking. And that Mackenzie was meant to keep an eye on him. "I shall wait here too."

Who was that? Following slowly, the thespian became aware of an ungodly big silver knight creature with heads for hands sitting on the steps nearby. That, apparently, must be Omnimon. "Well good," he thought to himself, "at least it helps to know we had a hand in beating Machinedramon, and that we all seemed to come out unscathed. Relatively speaking, anyways."

"Ahh, while I don't wish to bother anyone, I think I'm in quite a lot of pain right now" he announced to anyone who would care. "Not terrifically, but I'm not certain I can actually walk yet. I'm going to try and move my arms, just to get them working again" Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw added as his whole torso trembled as he lifted his arms up. "Oh good, I can. Ha ha. So uhh, perhaps I could be filled in on what happened while I was out?"

Touch and Frimon were heading back to the station... and the only thing good old game-head brought in was a backpack full of cosplay props he accumulated over the years, some of which were visible popping out the backpack, some batteries for his game console and lots of power bars. Talk about odd preparations... "Why do you have an outfit with three belts and a giant wooden knife, again?"

"Being packed for adventure is the best thing I can do until-" He stopped once he realized the whistle was not coming from the station. "Okay... wasn't expecting random encounter events in the middle of the starting town..." He did his best to get the source of the whistle. "Mmm..." He then heard a faint voice. "I can hear some troubles and a voice, but I can't tell-"

"Someone is asking for help!" Touch looked at Frimon a bit surprised. "What? I can hear it low but clear from over there." He points to a direction with his tail.

"So I guess your frills help you hear better after all. Anyway, let's do this." Touch picks his partner and heads towards the noise, ready for the next stage.

"Something like that. Frankly, there's a lot of ways to do it. Sometimes, displaying true courage in front of the face of adversity is the key. Maybe it's protecting those dear to you, or even reaching out to someone in love. Hell, the ones after me just threw magical eggs at their Digimon to make them power up, and some Digimon can fuse together to make a stronger being. It's wild and varied and I can't tell you how it works for you. Only you can figure it out."

Chris nodded, catching something before he watched the teacher depart: 'the ones after me'. There was more to this teacher than just being a general 'badass' with everything he was doing the last few days. Regardless, that would have to come after he returned home and got his own things.

"Alright Quill, let's get going. Need to gather those supplies." Chris looked down at the Herissmon, who gave a thumbs up.

"Sounds like a plan..."

Home sweet home...least that's what it's supposed to be. But the moment Chris walked right into the house...it just felt...like it was nothing. Devoid of any life... It was enough to make the young man breakdown into tears, but he knew he had to keep going. He walked further into the house, up the stairs to his room. A bit messy and a bit tidy...just like he left it the week before.

An audible sigh escaped his lips as the young man shook his head. ...just isn't the same now...

Quill looked around the room, seeing quite the items around Chris' room, while he let his partner just grab a bag and begin to gather a few things. "...is that one of your hobbies?" Quill piped up, pointing at a picture of Chris in a baseball uniform, swinging a bat.

"Yeah. Baseball is just one of those things that just sprung out to me...it's something I feel really connected to." Chris nodded, putting a few clothes into his bag. Then he remembered something. He moved over to his closet, opened it and pulled out another baseball bat. It was similar to the other one he currently had in his other bag, but he figured he would need a second one. He took the bat bag off and immediately shoved the second bat into it. "C'mon...need to see if there's anything else we need to bring."

The essentials: toiletries... food and water... clothes... the spare first aid kit... Chris was fairly certain the other students would be bringing what they could from their own houses, but extra never really hurt. It was also a good thing that his dad left a few things for camping laying around...wait...

"...that's right...we were going to do that...weren't we?" Chris paused, looking at the camping items that were right beside the living room couch.

"Huh? What were you going to do, Chris?"

Chris sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. "...you ever heard of camping?" he asked, seeing Quill wave his hand in a 'meh' fashion. "To put it simply, it's where friends and family usually go out from their home and head over someplace out in the woods or in an area called a campground and they basically just enjoy being out in nature."

Quill nodded slowly. "...we Digimon generally do that anyway...well, those of us who aren't machine based anyway."

"So you get it...somewhat." Chris nodded, before looking back at the camping equipment. ...and it would've been later that weekend when we would've gone...

One Week Earlier

"Ahh...that should do it!"

Chris came down the stairs to his father lugging a few sleeping bags, a tarp and even a tent out of a hall closet. He let out a chuckle, reaching the bottom step, slipping his shoes on. "Is it already that time of the year, dad?"

"Oh Chris, thought you left already!" his father smiled, wiping his brow some. "It sure is. Come this weekend, we'll be heading out and having that annual camping trip. I think this one will be even better, since we all need that time to just unwind from the hustle and bustle from the everyday."

"Yeah I'll agree with that." Chris nodded, smiling. "Any time away from school would be a great idea."

His father only laughed a bit, shrugging. "Not like you have anything to worry about. Only thing you'd want to be away from is probably your teammates from the team."

"...please don't remind me." Chris groaned. "It's just crazy...but we'll be alright. Anyway, I gotta head on off, otherwise I'll be late."

"Well, have a good day kiddo. Mom's gonna be making some lasagna tonight, so make sure your practice doesn't run too long!"

"No worries, I won't!" Chris smiled, waving his father goodbye as he headed out.

Chris looked at the sleeping bags, tarp and tent once more before picking up the tarp, sleeping bag and tent. He shuffled those things in together with his other stuff, trying his best to keep his composure...but it wasn't helping. A few tears began to roll down his face. He did his best to wipe them away, as he quickly handed Quill a few things and cleared his throat.

"C'mon...g-gotta get back and meet with the others..."

"Chris...are you going to be alright?" Quill asked, following the human out the door.

Chris nodded slowly, immediately locking the door behind him once Quill walked out. It was a force of habit...though he knew nothing was going to happen now. "...y-yeah, I'll be alright. Now...let's get back to the others and get going..." he said, stifling back the tears as he made his way back to the others.

"Ah..." Kokoro's face turned bright red. "J-Just, you know... figures. O-Of stuff. I, uh, some of them were pre-assembled, but others I had to put together myself. But th-they're hardly worth showing off! Let alone talking about! A-Anyway, how bout this station, huh? I don't remember it being here before, and everyone else sure is taking their time getting here. Ahahahaha!" The girl stood to her feet and started to walk away.  "I'm, um, gonna check this place out. You never know what you might find in some weird train station that wasn't there before, after all!"

"Yeah, I think I'll stay here...you never know when the train might show up."  Todd looked to the empty tracks that spread in every direction.  "I might yell if I hear anything, so keep your ears open, alright."  As Kokoro left, Todd kicked his feet that hovered off the side of the steps, as his head fell into his hand.  "Well...she's not terrible."  Todd shrugged.  "Guess we should stick with her for a while.  I gotta get my eyes on that figure."

"She was actin' kinda weird there at the end, huh?"

"I'd be more worried if she wasn't acting weird, given this stupid situation."  

A little time had passed, and Todd was about to leave the steps once more to go have another look around the station.  That's when he heard the familiar whistling of a train.  He'd never heard it in real life, but it was unmistakable from all the anime and t.v. he'd watched.  He looked down the tracks to see nothing in sight.  There wasn't even a smokestack on the horizon.  But it was plain to him that the train was close.  But if it wasn't on the tracks...where could it be.  

"Kokoro!  Do you hear that?"  Todd shouted, trying to use as much of his diaphragm as possible.  Next to him, he could see Pix's ears shoot into the sky.  

"Todd, did you hear that?!"  The small rabbit asked, in turn.  

"No...all I heard was a train."

"Well I heard someone say, 'H-help... help me... someone... please...', or somethin' like that."  The Lopmon scratched her tiny chin.  "If I had to guess, someone's in trouble in this town.  We gotta go help them!"  

Todd sighed once more.  He really couldn't be bothered to try and help anyone.  Doing good deeds wasn't really his style anyway.  But, he was really bored.  

"Well, it's better than waiting around for the world to end.  I'll follow your lead."  Todd picked himself up off the steps and laid his hand out in front of him, giving Pix the lead.  With a boost to her ego, she puffed out her chest and started to march in the direction of the noise, her ears still perked up.  

"Follow the leader, Todd!  We got some savin' to do!" 

Edited by Mr. Hyde

jVtc2ZL.png

Well, much to Kokoro's mild disappointment, this train station was... incredibly normal so far. Aside from the fact that it wasn't here before, of course. The sound of a train whistle caught her off-guard, and... something else. She wasn't really sure what she heard, but she knew she heard something besides the train. And it seemed Todd had heard it too.

"Kokoro!  Do you hear that?"

"Sure did!" If her experiences earlier today were anything to go by, mysterious situations like this weren't the best time to be split up. And so, Kokoro scooped up her rather small companion and hurried along her way, back to the steps out front. It wasn't like she'd managed to get much exploration done anyway, so it was a fast process. And once she was back outside, she saw that Todd's little friend Pix was leading the way. With those big ears of hers, it was probably toward the source of the sound. "I'm tagging along," she announced, catching up the last few steps to Todd and Pix, setting Hackmon down to let him walk on his own.

"So... what was that, anyway?"

"What was what?" Hackmon asked in response.

"You didn't hear it? Well, you two heard it, right?"

"Ask Pix, not me, shrimp."  Todd scoffed.  Looking at the digimon's confident stride was enough to almost make him burst into tears.  "She's the leader after all."

"That's right!"  Pix puffed.

"Alright. Pix, what was that sound you heard? I know there was something, but I couldn't make it out."

"Someone asking for help!  And the strong help those who need it!"  Pix's chest puffed out an inch more.

"A call for help, is it? Well, we shouldn't waste any time then! Todd, are you a fast runner by any chance? I'm not sure how fast our Digimon can move." Kokoro's eyes looked down to the tiny legs of Pix and Hackmon. "They've got tiny stub legs, after all."

"You don't have to say it out loud," Hackmon sighed.

"We must combine our strength, Todd!"  Pix lifted her arms as she spoke.  Todd shook his head, begrudgingly picking up the Digimon under her arms and placing her on his shoulders.  With her ears higher, she pointed out the way.  "Go here, slave!"  Pix commanded.

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME!?" Todd yelled, before dashing off in the direction of the noise.

"You heard Pix," Hackmon commented, as he got scooped up and slung over Kokoro's back by the long arms. "That way, sla--uh... partner?"

"Partner works."

"Ahh, while I don't wish to bother anyone, I think I'm in quite a lot of pain right now" he announced to anyone who would care. "Not terrifically, but I'm not certain I can actually walk yet. I'm going to try and move my arms, just to get them working again" Theodore Oswald Dreifus Shaw added as his whole torso trembled as he lifted his arms up. "Oh good, I can. Ha ha. So uhh, perhaps I could be filled in on what happened while I was out?"

"Well, I'm sorry, but I only appeared at the end," Omnimon Alter admitted. "So I don't have a clue," He turned to Mackenzie and Wormmon, somehow smiling a warm smile despite not having a visible mouth. "Perhaps these two could better fill you in. Honestly, I am very curious to. The fact you all survived for so long against such dangerous odds... well, you all were very brave and resourceful,"

To the ones that followed the sounds of a whistle, they'd find themselves lead across the rows of houses, headed to the houses on the westward side, far from the tracks, until they found a train. The train itself looked to be very damaged, absolutely covered in vines and branches in its wheels, and large spikes protruding out of the front end. To anyone who walked to the front end, they'd realize...

This train had a face.

"H-huh? Hello?" The weak voice was heard again, coming from the train itself. One of the eyes moved, looking to the humans. "O-oh my, humans? Humans came to my aid? Oh, this is so embarrassing. I wish I wasn't so beaten up right now. This must be a horrible first impression...," the train muttered before clearing his throat. "Hello! My name is Locomon!" the train said in a cheerful voice, sounding like a flight attendant giving instructions about the flight. "I... well, I was attacked by a Pukumon, and well... was derailed. Please, if you could help me, I'd owe you a great deal. I'd take you anywhere you need to go!" It then let out a hiss of pain. "S-sorry, it just... it hurts a lot," it admitted.

Chris and Quill were already on their way back to rendezvous with the students, Mr. Henderson and Omega Alter. On the way, Chris was taking the time to walk and even look at the Digivice that he had...what was labeled, a Digivice Burst...though that sounded too long, so he figured he'd just shorten it: a D-Burst. Yeah...that sounds a bit cooler than just just what's being labeled. he thought, before looking over at his partner.

"So Mr. Henderson basically said things vary with these things and you Digimon...any clue on how this can help you out, Quill?" he asked, spinning the device in his hand some. "...unless I'm supposed to throw those weird eggs he mentioned at you."

Quill shook his head, putting his hands up with a nervous laugh. "N-Now I don't think throwing Digi-Eggs at me will help..." he said, before shaking his head again. "As for what style of evolution I would be given through that...I...honestly have no idea. Like, we Digimon know about the Digivices, but we have zero clue about the style of evolution until we actually get to that point...ya know?"

Chris sighed, shrugging a bit. "Eh, didn't hurt to ask. Well, guess that means we'll just figure that out when the time finally comes." he said, chuckling with a small smile. This was definitely the start to a new adventure he wasn't expecting in the slightest, especially with him being partnered up with a hedgehog creature...but this definitely was a new page in his life's story and he was going to make it count.

At this moment, he noticed Kokoro and Todd moving around ahead of him...about the time he heard the strange train whistle. Once that was heard, the other two and their Digimon were already moving towards it. Not wasting a moment, he followed the two of them just to see if they needed help. Annnnnd from the looks of it...they DEFINITELY needed the help.

"H-huh? Hello? O-oh my, humans? Humans came to my aid? Oh, this is so embarrassing. I wish I wasn't so beaten up right now. This must be a horrible first impression...Hello! My name is Locomon! I... well, I was attacked by a Pukumon, and well... was derailed. Please, if you could help me, I'd owe you a great deal. I'd take you anywhere you need to go! S-sorry, it just... it hurts a lot,"

"A talking train?" Chris spoke up from behind Kokoro and Todd, now approaching where they were. "And here I though I saw everything with just talking animal creatures and that robo-rex back there." he looked down at Quill, now motioning towards Locomon. "...soooo what's a Pukumon?"

"Oh...uh...well it's an Ultimate level Digimon...and they sorta look like what you humans call a puffer-fish..."

"That doesn't sound too wei-..."

"...with arms...and spiked knuckles..."

Chris looked at Quill with the most deadpan look he could give, before shaking his head. "...good grief. Anyway, looks like you guys might need help with this."

Touch looked at the fallen Locomon. "Oh, a Locomon! Touchmon, we need to help it!" Frimon leapt to the Locomon's side and tried to push it back on track with its tail. It... was not going to work right away. Touch sighed and tried to see what could be done with what they actually have in hand.

"Well, this sounds like a problem for strong hands. I wish I could help, but well..." He looked at his hands, and then looked at the device in his pocket, the so called Digivice. He thought about what may it do, but was not certain it would activate right away. He pocketed it back and tried to look at the wheels, maybe they can try and remove some branches from them to make Locomon at least be able to roll its wheels, while Frimon tried to hit it over and over with his tail to get it back on track.

jVtc2ZL.png

As the two pairs of human and digimon followed the sounds - guided by Pix's spectacular hearing - they finally found it. Who - or rather, what - was making those sounds. A train. A pretty beaten-up one at that. As Kokoro paced around its length, she got to the front and immediately noticed one thing that stood out. It had a face. Train with a face. I thought those were reserved for kids shows and amusement parks. She could worry about that later, though she was visibly taken aback when the train started talking. Random things talking was something she'd have to get used to, apparently. Not her favorite part of whatever the hell was going on in the world.

"I... well, I was attacked by a Pukumon, and well... was derailed. Please, if you could help me, I'd owe you a great deal. I'd take you anywhere you need to go!"

Derailed?

"Well, this sounds like a problem for strong hands. I wish I could help, but well..."

"Minamizawa's got the right idea," Kokoro agreed, squatting down near the Locomon's front wheels and pulling out any vines or branches she could. "Did you have any passengers inside when you got derailed, right?" Kokoro asked, briefly directing her eyes up to meet the train's. If she'd told herself she would unironically be talking to a train and expecting a response any other time, Kokoro would call herself crazy. But then, everything seemed crazy right about now.

"No, I didn't have any," the train commented as it sighed. "Which normally would be a real sad thing, but you know, it was a good thing this time."

"You won't be strapped for passengers anymore," Kokoro smiled, pulling more junk out of the wheels. "First we have to get you back on the rails though." Looking at the others, she asked "I don't suppose any of you saw a truck we can drag this guy with?"

Todd, Pix, Kokoro, and Hackmon all walked towards the low whistling sound, only to come across a train.  It didn't look anything out of the ordinary, as far as trains he had seen went.  But this one had one too many spikes protruding from it's metallic exterior.  It was a bit worse for wear, but nothing that made it seem inoperable.  However, he was surprised that this train had a face attached to it, like some sort of childhood cartoon he once saw.  This thing must have been a digimon too, and an ill-placed one at that.  He wasn't on the tracks in the middle of town, so he was probably really bent out of shape about that.  

H-huh? Hello? O-oh my, humans? Humans came to my aid? Oh, this is so embarrassing. I wish I wasn't so beaten up right now. This must be a horrible first impression...Hello! My name is Locomon! I... well, I was attacked by a Pukumon, and well... was derailed. Please, if you could help me, I'd owe you a great deal. I'd take you anywhere you need to go! S-sorry, it just... it hurts a lot,"

By this time, most of the main group had made it this way, prompting Todd to turn away from the Locomon, as the rest of the group speculated on how to fix his sorry disposition.

"First we have to get you back on the rails though." Kokoro looked at the others, posing a silly joke.  "I don't suppose any of you saw a truck we can drag this guy with?"

"I see what you're getting at, but a truck wouldn't be the only thing we'd need...not too mention we'd need a lot more power than a truck to get a tipped train on it's wheels."  Todd scratched his chin, kicking up some dirt in front of him.  "If that Omnimon prick would've just stuck around, this wouldn't be an issue."  Todd looked back to Kokoro.  "Also, now, we gotta worry about this 'Pukumon' guy.  Who's to say that it left the area after beating up on this train a bit...seems a bit too risky for us to waste time on this...I wouldn't want to stick around and find out what's able to lay the smackdown on a train."  

Todd could feel a tug at his pant legs.  He looked down, only to see Pix with a somewhat disappointed look in her eyes.  Todd groaned.

"What...you wanna help it?  Are you the Loco-mon here?"  

"I am justice incarnate!  The strongest digimon!  I can't sit by and not help this poor guy!"  

Todd smacked his face, only to peak at Pix through his fingers.

"Fine.  Whatever.  But it's their funeral.  If I see the Pukemon, I'm hightailing it out of here."  He then pointed at Pix.  "And I'm taking you with me, Ms. Justice Incarnate."  Todd turned back towards the group.  "I think our best bet is to get our Digimon pals on this...they seem stronger than us anyway...and some of us here can actually turn into the things."  He then looked through the crowd.  "Unless you have any better ideas?"

"Well, I'm sorry, but I only appeared at the end," Omnimon Alter admitted. "So I don't have a clue," He turned to Mackenzie and Wormmon, somehow smiling a warm smile despite not having a visible mouth. "Perhaps these two could better fill you in. Honestly, I am very curious to. The fact you all survived for so long against such dangerous odds... well, you all were very brave and resourceful,"

"U-um, well... we kinda... ran away and found a special room...?" Wormy muttered to herself, Mackenzie hugging her tight, "And then we just... tripped the monster... It wasn't anything all that s-special..."

The digimon turned around in Mackenzie's arms, burying its face. The tamer, in turned, gently pet at the bug, nodding along. That said, Theo... didn't look like he was in the best condition. Like her partner, she found herself looking away, though for different reasons. Could she possibly put her knowledge to use on a person...? No, she only knew about creatures. Only like them. But Wormy was sort of a person and sort of a creature...? Hugging the small bug even tighter, Mackenzie walked slightly away from Omnimon and Theo, whispering softly.

"Good job, Wormy..."

"Well, this sounds like a problem for strong hands. I wish I could help, but well..."
"Minamizawa's got the right idea,"

Chris watched Touch and Kuroko start to clear out the stuff on the track, to which he looked at Quill and nodded to him. Now both he and the Herissmon were also in the process of clearing the tracks for this Locomon. "So, puffer fish with spiked knuckles and arms...I mean, it's no giant robot T-Rex nor giant talking train, but it's definitely classified under the Weird Creature category..."

"Honestly...you haven't really seen anything yet..."

"Oh joy..." he sighed, shoving a few things of debris out of the way of the tracks. Though he was freaked out to the max on this. Why? He was on a train track, with a train right next to him. Digimon or not, this still was a moment that he was on edge for...a bit nerve wracking.

"I don't suppose any of you saw a truck we can drag this guy with?"

"...what's a truck?" Quill asked inquisitively.

"It's...like Locomon, except...not a Digimon, or a train. If fact us humans use it to drive around to get to our destinations." Chris explained, just finishing moving another bit of debris. "Though unfortunately, I didn't see any specific truck that can possibly do the job for this. If it was around, I would've seen if my uncle had his Repo truck around...but alas, doubt that's happening."