The Chayncemaniac

Favorite Video Game Cover Art

32 minutes ago, jad2342 said:

Over the years there's been some AMAZING cover arts for video games, so I'm curious... what are your favorites? Here are some of mine

hot-wheels-turbo-racing.jpg

I'll post my list soon, but I just wanted to say kudos to this choice. Absolutely loved this game.

9 minutes ago, Thar said:

I'll post my list soon, but I just wanted to say kudos to this choice. Absolutely loved this game.

It was probably my favorite game growing up, plus the cover was so simple plus awesome I had to include it

2sVtScL.jpg?1

This cover might not be the best but it was quite important to me. See, me and my dad used to rent video games every now and then. He grabbed this one because of the cover and thought it was a more war/action thing. It was not. But I enjoyed the game a lot and was introduced to the Turn Based Strategy RPG genre and got hooked.

This one's my favorite GTA cover:

Image result for grand theft auto vice city cover

You got the Pharaoh with his Ritual, an Obelisk-looking dude on the other side.

Image result for yugioh forbidden memories cover

The masked figure on this cover alone was great. But the title being a light-up sign was great.

Image result for yugioh fallout new vegas cover

I personally think the first Kingdom Hearts had the best cover art. I love the heart-shaped moon in the background and the few buildings having light. Great use of light and dark.

Image result for kingdom hearts 1

The first Persona I also felt featured the best art. The Persona Vishnu front and center with Japan fading out.

Image result for revelations persona cover

Even though some of the Megaman covers don't look accurate, the next two I'd say are a tie for best cover. They both feel like Star Wars posters or covers with Megaman in the foreground and the large figures of other characters in the background. Making the characters look more badass than they actually are. They're still great characters, but man do these covers enhance their image.

Image result for megaman 9 cover

Image result for megaman 10

This will be pretty heavy on the recency bias since I don't really remember most box art from games I played when I was younger, but these are some of mine.

Spoiler

(Okami HD, since I found this one without the logo to show the whole art)

DJiF-p9V4AAfQ6s.jpg:large

NieR_Full.jpg

latest?cb=20160122005527

Fire%20Emblem:%20Path%20of%20Radiance.jp

Edited by Shradow