Sign in to follow this  
Thomas★Zero

Banlist Prediction Jan/Feb 2019

So were coming to close to no sooner than Jan 21st Banlist so I decided to post my banlist predictions on what may happen with this list.

Banned:
Divine Sword - Phoenix Blade
Gold Sarcophagus 
Droll & Lock Bird
Number 75:  Bamboozling Gossip Shadow 
Summon Sorceress

Limited:
Allure of Darkness
Brilliant Fusion
El Shaddoll Construct
Harpie's Feather Duster
Shurit, Strategist of Nekros
Sky Strike Mobilize - Engage!
Trickstar Lycoris

Semi-Limited:
Elemental HERO Stratos
Infernity Launcher
Sky Striker Mecha - Widow Anchor
Upstart Goblin

Edited by Thomas★Zero

You should specify this is for TCG because OCG just implemented their banlist changes on January.

I don't get some of these hits.

Droll & Lock? why? I don't see it played in neither OCG nor TCG.

Gold Sarcophagus to 0 is too drastic. If they hit it, they wouldn't move it to less than 1.

Ideally, they should ban Rhongo before even touching Bamboozling.

Engage to 1 would hurt Strikers a lot, much more than the moves OCG did. This in unlikely unless TCG wants to cycle Strikers out that badly.

Too soon to move Stratos up, IMO.

IDK how much would the changes of Launcher affect Infernities so I'm curious on why you suggest this move.

Other than those, the hits seem reasonable to me at the moment. I would like a lot to have Harpie's Feather Duster.

Droll and Lock is to keep Trickstar Reincarnation in check so that Trickstar players don't abuse 3 Reincarnation and Droll and Lock so the opponent doesn't end up with no hand and just can't play.

Gold Sarcophagus is more so to keep Thunder Dragons in check with their banishing effects.

With Gouki/Dark Warrior Decks the combo basically nets you a 5 Material Rhongo that locks your opponent out thanks to Number 75's effect of butting itself and its material onto Rhongo.

Sky Strikers having a Spell that can search any Sky Striker plus net a + 1 if you have enough Spells in grave where in addition to this it can be recycled by Kagari.

Stratos to 2 is more so likely on a market point of view with HERO's getting support in multiple sets such as Savage Strike with Neos, Duelist Power with Grandman and Double HERO Attack (and may grant Stratos as a reprint) and Dark Neostorm with Destiny HERO's.

Launcher is one of those cards that is a free move up for the list to help an old deck.

Edited by Thomas★Zero

AFAIK the Droll + Reincarnation has not been a problem as of late.

I am aware Thunder Dragons play it, but like with Engage, straight to 0 is too much, unless they want to neuter them that badly, which is unlikely.

Hence why Rhongo is more of a problem than Bamboozling. Hitting Rhongo would address the root of the problem. Not to mention Bamboozling is seeing play in Salamangreats in OCG. Could be unfair to affect them as collateral damage.

Yes, I know what Engage does. TCG most likely would follow OCG's example and hit Kagari instead. Engage is what fuels Strikers and keeps them going, limiting it may as well kick them out of the competitive scene, except as an engine for Hornet Drones maybe.

I dare say the moved Stratos to 1 for that purpose already.

10 hours ago, Darj said:

I dare say the moved Stratos to 1 for that purpose already.

I thought Stratos was originally moved to 1 as a result of the Legendary HERO Decks last year where Stratos when to 1 where with all this stuff in 2019 would be a very likely reason for this year have it come up to 2.

Oh you are right, my mistake. Thought the sets you mentioned were already released, but it's true the D-HERO support is still on its way. Still will take longer for TCG to get it, so if they plan to promote HEROes by moving Stratos up, IMO it's too early to do so.