Nyx

Levels/Sections in games you hated

Levels, stages, chapters, phases, floors, ect. Whatever may be your game's technical term, what is a part in the game you detest or simply don't like? Whether it is very difficult, very tedious, very different from the rest of the game, wonky to control, laggy, or perhaps something completely different?

Related image

Obligatory Blighttown in Dark Souls, at least until DSR made it no longer run at only 15 FPS, and even then poison slowing swamp areas are rarely fun.

Edited by Shradow

15 hours ago, Shradow said:

Obligatory Blighttown in Dark Souls, at least until DSR made it no longer run at only 15 FPS, and even then poison slowing swamp areas are rarely fun.

At least the section Farron Keep had the Abyss Watchers by the end. But yeah, poison's no fun.

For me, one Chapter I personally don't like from Paper Mario: The Thousand-Door is Chapter 2. Sure, it has the Shadow Sirens and Flurrie. But I HATE babysitting the punies. If so much as one gets stuck or falls, you have to go all the way back to get them. And of course when you get to a part where you're supposed to blow them away, a chunk of them are bound to fall. It also doesn't help that a lot of the stage is black and white. It is the part in Thousand-Year Door that I never look forward to.

Oh yeah, that part was annoying to me just because of all the back and forth before you actually get into the tree. Chapter 4 has a similar thing with Doopliss.

At least Chapter 3 is my favorite. ?

1 minute ago, Shradow said:

Oh yeah, that part was annoying to me just because of all the back and forth before you actually get into the tree. Chapter 4 has a similar thing with Doopliss.

At least Chapter 3 is my favorite. ?

True. But at least there was some character development and atmosphere in Chapter 4. And I got Vivian by the end! Plus I'd take that fetch quest over Puni babysitting any day.

One last thing. This one's more of a boss, but I felt the Bowser boss battle near the end was bullshit. You just got done fighting the last boss, and now you've got to fight another immediately afterwards. Hope you brought Mushrooms!

1 hour ago, iarimakousei said:

2. I dunno if missions count but "Demolition man" and "Bombs away" in GTA : Vice City. "Supply lines" and "Wrong Side of the Tracks" in GTA : San Andreas. S2g I heard "All you had to do was follow the damn train, CJ" like 50+ times.

I couldn't think of any until now.

Every mission in San Andreas where you had to fly the plane. I was so bad at that.