Summer Darj

Fire Emblem Heroes

img_20190311.png

New event calendar, the Odd Wave Banner should be good, and getting another free seasonal is nice.

46 minutes ago, Azure said:

New event calendar, the Odd Wave Banner should be good, and getting another free seasonal is nice.

A bit confused, where is the information about an upcoming free seasonal? Thought the last freebie Rank5 was from the Finde&Vote banner.

Anyway, read on reddit a bunch of complaints on the reduced orbs from the latest quests and events (e.g. monthly quests, Tap Battle), and also seems Nintendo declared it tells its mobile game 3rd parties to cut down to microtransactions (sources: 1, 2) and how less orbs is practically the opposite of that. Hopefully IS will do adjustments after the statement.
As for me, I find myself spending less time on FeH. I guess the orb reduction is affecting me because I don't gather them as fast as months before and pushed me to finish the Chain Challenges I have yet to complete. That in turn discourages and prevents me from rolling you much and getting new characters, and when I do they sometimes come with subpar natures, further discouraging me from spending time training and giving them better skills. That only leaves me with the daily quests and rewards that have less value, and it's a downward spiral from there. Thankfully I can stack some orbs in this banner because I'm not particularly interested in any of the new Heroes, but if there were to be 2+ banners in a row with characters of my interest... I guess I would have to let them go.

Edited by Darj

9 hours ago, Darj said:

A bit confused, where is the information about an upcoming free seasonal? Thought the last freebie Rank5 was from the Finde&Vote banner.

It's more an assumption on my part due to the Tempest Trail going on at the same time at the Special Hero banner. So it could be unrelated, such as a re-run of an old one like the current Tap Battle, but I'm going to assume it'll be related to the Special Heroes banner which is probably going to be Easter/Spring Festival based.

EDIT:

AhoOUqs.png

Eirika is now finished. Spd Tactics would be a nice thing to have, but Ylgr has it and has a Water Blessing as well, so she can easily fit onto my Tactics Team, along with L!Azura and Myrrh.

Edited by Azure

Definitely not who I was expecting. If Bruno's damaged art doesn't involve his shirt exploding again Imma be real disappointed.

And Loki will be the upcoming TT reward, a free flying archer is pretty sick.

All we're missing now is Anna for Book 1 character seasonals. I do kinda want to see Surtr and Helbindi in a seasonal banner as well.

Marisa is probably my favourite if only from the delivery of that line. Other than that not overly interested in the banner, so getting a free Bow Flier is grand.

Bunny Veronica! <3
Definitely my top pick of the banner, with Bruno being second. So glad he isn't a healer flier otherwise I would be spending orbs on him since my HS!Sakura doesn't have good nature.
Personally I like this version of Loki, despite the controversy on her anatomy, especially the damaged art. She looks more playful, fun and sexy in contrast to her original version, which to me gives me a vibe of an scheming, smug "old hag" trope character.

Well, I got a S!Bruno already, albeit Atk/-Def, which is half sucky since Def is his best stat. I will continue rolling for S!Veronica.
S!Loki is such good fodder material, although I would rather build her as a budget Kinshinoka until I get her, eventually, hopefully. Although with that weapon and 31/34 offenses she is not so budget.

I actually got Veronica after about 60 orbs, but she's +Res -Atk. Spent about 90 more after that trying for another one for merging as well as to try and get Bruno but no luck yet.

A bit of bragging but I got Spring!Lucina from my free orb in the 1st-year Spring banner, and +ATK/-DEF!

Yune's banner looks good indeed. I want Yune, H!Mia and L!Azura the most but don't really want to roll for multiple colors. I guess I will lean towards Green and Colorless since to this day I still lack B!Lyn.
Then again, wanna keep rolling for S!Veronica, and got some ticket left for the Binding Blade banner and may spend some orbs there depending on how may Reds show up.

A side-idea but randomly thought it would be really cool from IS to release a Laguz or beast-version of Feh, even better as a secretly Mythic Hero.

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC

Yeah stats are weird. Surprises me how 150 base stats and 1 minimized stat (Def) can be distributed in such an odd way. Average Spd so she relies on skills or her weapon to double, Atk is rather average. HP and Res are high, but that specializes her to walling magic. I guess it's only fair considering her unique weapon and skills, which makes her an AoE debuffer that applies just for being on the field.

Been pulling on the Hares at the Fair rerun banner, and got a +Spd/-Def S!Catria. Would've slightly preferred a normal Catria to complete my +10 merge, but was still a nice pull as I now don't have a -Spd one.

So I finally own a smarthpone now, just an old iPhone 6 from a family friend after they upgraded to the X, so now I can retire my Android emulator and actually play the game normally. Orbs don't transfer between OSs but thankfully I only had 2 so I'm not forced to spend abunch orbs or anything.

Got Lewyn from the Mythical banner, perfect. And thankfully I remembered to get him to level 40 for the dialogue and did his dragonflower battle before feeding him to L!Ike for Special Spiral.

On 4/4/2019 at 8:53 AM, Shradow said:

Hoping we'll get another batch of demotes, at least.

Well, there were a lot of demotes, but... not a fan of the approach of outright removing Rank5s from the off-focus pool. I hoped I would eventually get a better Elincia, Nephenee and B!Ike form off-focus pulls, but that won't be possible anymore. And I'm not one to invest too many orbs on banners without new nor seasonal characters of my interest, so I'm pushed to do that if I want better versions of the aforementioned units or merges. Add to this the gradual reduction of free orbs, and I imagine myself devoting less and less time to the game.

Normally I'd be sad to see certain Gen 1 units like B!Ike, Hector, and Takumi not be available during new hero/seasonal banners, but hoping to be pity broken by guys like them was always highly improbable anyways. So I think it's pretty good in situations where you're trying to pull for new units.

I would've rather just had abunch of 5* exclusives that deserve demoting be demoted, but at least this is something.