Sign in to follow this  
The Chayncemaniac

Guest Characters in Video Games

Now typically, guest characters will be implemented in fighting games.. but there's been a couple instances where guest characters were put into other games... now my questions are; how do you feel about guest characters, which are your favorite guest characters and which are your least favorite (if you have any least favorite)? Obviously if the game is a mash up of other characters from a similar vein, it wouldn't be considered a guest character (PlayStaytion All-Stars Battle Royal, Smash except for the recently released Joker DLC). I don't mind guest characters as long as they kind of make sense in the games they are in. Here are my favorite guest characters and my least favorites... I won't be including the guest characters that were found in the data of the Switch version of MK11... even though I REALLY want to!

My favorite guest characters

Donkey Kong (Skylanders Superchargers) [Exclusive to Nintendo consoles]

DonkeyKong_Skylanders.jpg

Bowser (Skylanders Superchargers) [Exclusive to Nintendo consoles]

Bowser_Art.jpg

Crash Bandicoot (Skylanders Imaginators)

Crash_Bandicoot_Imaginators_Art.jpg

Dr. Neo Cortex (Skylanders Imaginators)

SI_Ilus_DrNeoCortex_FINAL_HiRes.jpg

Hellboy (Injustice 2)

Injustice2-HELLBOY-wallpaper-mobile-97.j

TMNT (Injustice 2)

Injustice2TMNT.jpg

Alien (MKX)

Alien_MKX_Render.png

Predator (MKX)

Predator_render.png

Jason Voorhees (MKX)

Jason_Render.png

MY LEAST FAVORITE GUEST CHARACTER

Leatherface (MKX)

Leatherface_MKX_Render.png

Yes my favorites outweigh my least favorites by ALOT but I really don't like Leatherface in MKX, he's a cool addition but I never play as him

The mention of guest characters reminds me of Link in Soul Calibur 2, DK in Skylanders as mentioned in the thread, Ori and Shovel Knight in Rivals of Aether, Battletoads in Shovel Knight, and Rash in Killer Instinct Season 3. I like the concept of guest characters, but haven't played many games that have them. For instance, from the aforementioned characters, I ave only played SC2 Link, and while I play Rivals, I have yet to try the guest characters.
I probably am forgetting a couple of games with guest characters that I have played, though.

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC