Icy

Runescape 3

runescape@2x.png

It's my current obsession and the new Mining and Smithing Rework came out today and I'm loving it. Got a great clan and friends from it too.

I'm loving the Mining and Smithing rework. The skills have needed this, and I think it does wonders for bring all the equipment in line. While I know people decry the game as "MeleeScape" (And with good reason), as a melee player myself, this is incredibly satisfying. I'm pretty bad at PvM, and have never really felt much of an incentive to raise my combat skills or get Malevolent Armor, but the Masterwork looks like the definitive armor for my style. The rework is certainly great for QOL, but that armor does offer one of the best incentives I've seen to actually train these skills.

They've mentioned they'll also be reworking Firemaking, and while I'm not as excited for that - especially since I already have 99 Firemaking - that skill has long needed its own rework, and they've mentioned that the rework should make the balloon network worth using. I'm a little curious how that will pan out, but I'm optimistic.

My main frustration with the game has been the serious lack of quests over the past few years. I like the Sixth Age, and Sliske is easily one of my favorite villains of all time, but it made the quests feel like they're either going to be pieces of a story that will invariably be required for a Grandmaster, or rather bland Novice quests. I'm interested where the Dragonkin storyline will go next, and they say they'll be making some changes so quests are easier to produce, so I hope that turns out to be the case. They've been bleeding too many JMods, and the teams they have left have been stretched too thin, but the M&S rework was one of their largest projects in a while, so hopefully finishing this rework means that those JMods now have more freedom to work on other projects.

I've honestly seen more favoring towards Ranged and Magic than any melee at all.

Mining out over 100 bane ore though and its maddenning even with a  Bane +4 pick.

No OSRS? I can't play RS3 due to graphical limitations on my laptop atm, and OSRS brings back a lot of nostalgia. I still have my RS3 account, and I was a mage due to the profitablity of steel bars back in the day, even with Superheat's cost.

13 minutes ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

No OSRS? I can't play RS3 due to graphical limitations on my laptop atm, and OSRS brings back a lot of nostalgia. I still have my RS3 account, and I was a mage due to the profitablity of steel bars back in the day, even with Superheat's cost.

OSRS may as well be a different game, so nay.

6 minutes ago, Icy said:

OSRS may as well be a different game, so nay.

What did you expect from a game that community driven? The developers use polls to decide what major changes to make, which is good imo.

Just now, Nathanael D. Striker said:

What did you expect from a game that community driven? The developers use polls to decide what major changes to make, which is good imo.

Nope nope. Not having that discussion here. The engine is different, the economy is different, the way combat is handled is different. The material core elements are not the same, only visually similar on the outset. You want that, talk about it on a separate thread or something.

That being said, I'm making a Dragon Bane Two Handed Sword and it has a progress bar of 8000... ugh.

Next time mate, don't give me a hostile tone (how I interpreted it), please.

Anyhow, if I do get back into RS3, it's going to take a while to get used to all the changes. Haven't played it since 2015. My first thought of the mining skill was that it was bad and anti-afk, but I heard it's not that bad.

", so nay" is hostile? I do not understand. Nothing was implied, nothing was stated beyond there. It was merely a gesture that I didn't want it in my topic due to the vast differences.

That being said, if you do, I'd be happy to help you get into it again as a kind of helping hand. MMO's can be overwhelming and it is our duty to help especially on games like RS3.

Edited by Icy

36 minutes ago, Icy said:

I've honestly seen more favoring towards Ranged and Magic than any melee at all.

Mining out over 100 bane ore though and its maddenning even with a  Bane +4 pick.

That actually kind of surprises me. Either way, glad that the Elite Dungeons have been boosting the equipment for Ranged and Magic players.

Haven't gotten to Bane myself yet. Working my way through the lower tiers first.

1 minute ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

Next time mate, don't give me a hostile tone (how I interpreted it), please.

Anyhow, if I do get back into RS3, it's going to take a while to get used to all the changes. Haven't played it since 2015. My first thought of the mining skill was that it was bad and anti-afk, but I heard it's not that bad.

You might like the rework, then, as it's designed to be more rewarding to AFK players, since the rocks do not deplete. It does do more to reward you if you pay attention, but if you just want a casual experience, it's pretty nice.

2 minutes ago, Phantom Roxas said:

You might like the rework, then, as it's designed to be more rewarding to AFK players, since the rocks do not deplete. It does do more to reward you if you pay attention, but if you just want a casual experience, it's pretty nice.

So I've heard. Better than AFKing in OSRS, that's for sure. AFK is important due to being on mobile ATM.

Alright, now I'm working on Bane. It amazes me how the base Bane equipment is just as good as, if not better than Torva. I can see why they wanted to maintain the value of Torva by making it scrap for the masterwork trims.

Haven't spent too long with the Mining and Smithing rework as I've been focusing on clearing up the quests I've started, but ore boxes are nice. I do need to bring my Mining level up to match Smithing as there is a 10 level difference though 

Yes, you will need them to match. While you can purchase ores on the Grand Exchange, if you would like to mine the ores yourself, Mining has to be level 60, 70, 80, or 90 for the new ore, especially the light and dark animica.

Currently mining loads of Orichalcite and Drakolith for reasons unknown, I should really be working on Bane Ore moreso...

You need 600 of every bar to make a complete set of Masterwork Armor, though that would mean 1,200 Rune Bars to have the regular bars by themselves, as well as to make Elder Rune, and twelve more Elder Rune bars if you want to trim it. If you have all that Orichalcite and Drakolith, might as well save it for that. 6,000 bars is... a lot, but that's exactly why they want the Masterwork Armor to be such a major reward.

Right now I'm working on getting Decorated Mining Urns. Seems they finally added Decorated Smelting Urns to complement the new metals. I've had 90 Smithing before the rework, so I'm training the skill by making all the bars myself. Going to be maxing out Bane Armor because I wan't wear Elder Rune just yet, but I'm also trying to making some Tetsu Armor in the meantime.

Edited by Phantom Roxas

Something you need to take into account is Tank Armor is considered much worse than Power Armor because the style bonus to melee/magic/ranged on stuff greatly outweighs the higher armor/health. So Torva is still valued far, far higher than Bane +4 (which is also super easy to just make, as opposed to Torva being rare Nex drops). That's not even taking into account Torva being needed for Masterwork, which just pushes its value even higher.

I should reach 99 Smithing by the end of today, just gotta mine a few hundred more Light Animca and then make two Elder Rune sets all the way through Burial. The M&S rework has been pretty cool so far, it also helps I made ~70M the first day it launched.

If I'd had more free time I would've been able to stock up more beforehand, but I only had several hundred Banite Ores (the bars from that got me a quick 11M) and just a single Dragon Pickaxe (14M) at the time of launch, and had to do most of the work the day of. At least I finished While Guthix Sleeps the night before so I could make the Pickaxe of Earth & Song immediately, and the Elder Rune Ore Box was done within about half an hour as well.

What's everyones' stats at? This is me:

h5UuF0M.png

Edited by Shradow

Oh I feel the need to state that my name on RS is "Ciercy". And per above request;

unknown.png

Been trying to set aside at least 30mins/day to try and get that darn KBD pet but he's so hard to afk.

Edited by Icy

Tfw this thread makes me want to pick up RS again, I think I was at 80/80/70 and they were pretty much it (atk/str/def) I actually enjoy RS3 way more than OSRS, well did.

Anyone here looking to join a clan? I'm part of a pretty fun group and we're holding a recruitment competition at the moment (so even if you don't want to be that social you could still join for the easy clan xp boost and to help pad my numbers *wink*). My RS name is Shradow.

nvm it's over.

Edited by Shradow

gz, you got an expensive one out of the way.

Once dxp comes next month I'm going to go ham on Cleansing Crystals to get to 95 prayer (only 78 atm and I really want to get to high tier curses). Not the absolute cheapest option (still pretty good, though), but it won't take an ungodly amount of time of gilded alter running like the others.

I just need a few hundred more banite ore then I'll have all the mats I need to make Masterwork armor, and I should also be at 98 mining so that one's pretty close to 99 as well.

Going to try saving Herblore for DXPW, because ooh boy is that always a money sink. Trying to mix it with Farming just does not help all that much.

I'm currently at 93 Mining and 91 Smithing. I think getting the rest of the bars for Masterwork Armor should bring me to 99 Mining, though with Smithing lagging behind, I'm going to try making some burial armor sets to help it catch up.

So you can potentially get old SoF and TH stuff from the current TH Smash Relics promo, and I got an Enchanted Chick Egg which surprised me because I didn't know what it did. I was mining beside a stranger who got the bunny one and we took a cute picture together:

nL7NJKJ.png

Bronze through Adamant are all accounted for as far as gathering Masterwork materials. Rune is going to be weird because I need to save regular rune by itself, while also having enough to make all the Elder Rune I need, especially I have an Elder Rune Pickaxe +4 that I need to get to +5. I'm currently getting the rest of Orikalkum I'll need, so that should be no trouble.

I had a lot of Strong Smelting Urns saved over from before the rework, but rather than tossing them, I figured that making five Necronium burial sets should be enough to use those up, then I'll move on to Decorated urns. Might as well round out the rest of the Bane bars I'll need, too. Also could help me get into a routine once I'll no doubt need to start making Elder Rune burial sets. I'll have to make at least one anyway, since Elder Rune armor is required to even make the corresponding Masterwork pieces.

I might need to give Rise of the Six a try, since I want to earn the Malevolent Armor myself. I can only make the helmet at my level, which seems to be a pattern for me right now. I have 87 Attack and Defense, and 88 Strength, so Tetsu Armor is where I should be focusing for armor that I can actually wear, and I'm still working on getting enough Plate to make the helm. Planning to disassemble that whole set once I can move on to Masterwork, so I should be able to make the most out of every armor set from here on out.