Icy

Runescape 3

Orikalkum is done. Now focusing on Necronium, Bane, and Rune/Elder Rune. Just need two more Plates for the Tetsu helm, but I need to upgrade Ports more so I can get trade good voyages more regularly.

Finally got around to unlocking Ancient Curses in Runescape. Gonna grind Cleansing Crystals to 95 Prayer once DXP hits next month.

Done with both Necronium and Bane, so that just leaves Elder Rune, which I think I can fit in for DXPW. Getting the ores now and saving them to make 5-10 burial sets over DXPW should be more than enough to get me 99 in both Mining and Smithing.

I'm usually not much of a quester, I basically only do quests when there's a certain unlock I'm trying to reach, but man does RS do quests right, especially compared to other MMOs. I want to unlock the Seren prayers from The Light Within, so today I completed The World Wakes (RIP Guthix) and Missing, Presumed Death, and now I just need to do Fate of the Gods and the The Light Within.

The Light Within is really good. I enjoyed Sliske's Endgame, though I am disappointed by the significant drop-off in the frequency of quests. They're supposed to be making some changes this month that should make it easier for them to develop quests in the future, and I hope they live up to that.

Also I got the Tetsu helm a while ago. My general progression of armor will be a mix of Tier 70-80 gear, which is just Korasi and Jessika's Swords. After that it will be Bane equipment, though I only have the longswords, platebody, and platelegs, since everything else is being gradually replaced with Tetsu. Elder Rune's only purpose for me is making burial armor and unlocking the ability to make Masterwork armor, so I can skip Elder Rune and go straight from Tetsu to Masterwork. I already have some Torva armor in the bank, so I'd just need to get Malevolent Armor to have all the materials for masterwork trims, but those are a long way off. I have 88 Attack and Strength and 87 Defence, so it's not like I could actually use the Masterwork armor for a while anyway.

As far as the weapons are concerned, the Khopeshes seem like the best for dual-wielding melee, so I'm going to try getting those when I take a break from all this Mining and Smithing. I have 98 Mining and 94 Smithing, so I think I should have 99 Mining in plenty of time before DXPW.

Just got 99 Mining! That's my fifth 99, and since I also have Woodcutting and Fishing (My other two 99's being Cooking and Firemaking), I'm halfway to the Gatherer's Cape.

Edited by Phantom Roxas

Been focusing on quests and now only have Ratcatchers left to complete before I have to focus on getting skills up before I go back to binging quests. Probably going to spend most of the time leveling Slayer while looking for charm drops to get Summoning up during the double XP weekend.

Okay, I made a big mistake with my last post. It was Mining that I got 99 in; I'm still working on Smithing. Currently have +5 for most of the Elder Rune armor, while I have 10 platebodies up to +4. As soon as I can get them to +5, I can finally make the burial armor sets, which should bring me up to 99 (I'm currently at 97), and then I can make the masterwork armor. Just a little bit longer. Let's see how much I have before DXPW.

I achieved my dxp goal of getting from 83 to 95 Prayer. Also got a handful of other random levels here and there.

I should probably shut up about the Mining & Smithing rework already, but it's really been one of the biggest motivators for me in a long time. I actually want to get more involved in PvM.

Finished Pieces of Hate the other day. The humor in some of the Pirate quests can be pretty cringeworthy, but it was pretty fun. Also finally checked out Safecracking to get the Thieving requirement, and I was amazed how much easier it made the skill. If you're looking to train Thieving for one reason or another, I highly recommend that.

Bought the Luck of the Dwarves ring because I've really needed to get some good drops. Feels weird actually having a lot of money in this game for a change.