Summer Aix

Triskelion [OOC/Accepting/PG-16]

Q0hg4aX.png

6ilH1EF.png

"W-Will he be okay?"

No, of course not. Are you as blind as you are stupid? It was fortunate that Béa did not often give voice to her thoughts. The boy's abdomen was mangled, his spine was crooked, his ribs were probably caved into his lung from the way he was struggling to breath, but Béa's face betrayed none of her squeamishness as her mind raced for the words she would actually say.

"We have some of the best potions and medicines in the world," she stated, not meeting the other girl's eye. It was technically true, but just because they had them, did not mean they would use them. There was no way the sobbing young girl next to her would be able to afford it. If Béa got the potions, she would end up having to take responsibility and become the pair's guarantor for repaying the fees.

As if she would do that—as if any would do that—for these naive idiots.

Béa walked over to the cabinet. Her hand hovered the rows of glass bottles before settling on a vial of clear liquid. It was just a painkiller, but it should knock him out of his semi-conscious state. Plus it was cheap. The girl seemed to lighten a bit as the boy eased into a dreamless sleep and Béa herself felt a little less anxious.

"The healer should be arrive soon," said Béa. At least, she hoped so. They were all out answering the distress calls from other adventurers in the field. Why this girl carried the boy all the way back to the guild house in this state rather than keeping him as still as possible and calling for help was anyone's guess.

However, the answer to that stumbled into the room moments later—Maizer, their "mentor" assigned by the guild. His gear torn and covered in mud, his expression grim, but Béa could tell he was completely unhurt. She considered, just for a moment, accusing him, but it would raise more trouble she had no intention of taking on.

"Thanks for looking after them," said Maizer smiling. "Béa, is that right?"

Béa gave a small nod in response. The man before her was anything but trustworthy, but Béa was perfectly happy to shove all the responsibility on him and leave. They were supposed to be under his wing to begin with.

"Wait! W-Where are you going?" cried the girl. She reached out and grabbed the hem of Béa's shirt, jerking the receptionist back.

Béa gave a started cry and spun around. At the same time, the girl shrieked. Two punctures had appeared on the girl's hand. Then, for a brief moment, the transparent outline of a snake was visible in the air before it lunged again.

"Woah there," said Maizer. He acted faster than Béa could see. His hand was outstretched in front of the girl with two puncture marks on his wrist. He did not so much as flinch.

"I'll… I'll go grab the antidote from my bag!" stammered Béa.

"No need, a little bit of tranquilizer isn't enough to even make me dizzy," Maizer said. He glanced at the girl, now slumped on the floor. "As for her, let her sleep. A lot less annoying this way. I'll take of her when she wakes up."

"Is… is that so…" She pondered for a moment before straightening herself out. "Then, I will take my—" 

"I must say, I am surprised that a mere receptionist has this kind of magic," Maizer said.

Béa's expression hardened. "You recognize—"

"Whoa, whoa, let's not get too serious, I don't really care. I just want to live peacefully," said Maizer, raising his palms. "But… there is a favor you could do for me. I hear there's a new group arriving today. How about you assign me to them?"

"What…? I don't have the authority to…"

Maizer narrowed his eyes. "I'm sure you will figure something out. You are, after all, more than you appear."

"You are threatening—"

"Come on now, you wouldn't even believe me if I said I was just going to let it go," said Maizer. "At least I am being transparent."

"You must have others intentions, too... that you are not transparent about."

Maizer merely shrugged.

"I will… see what I can do."

SX6Ryo9.png

You are brand new adventurers who signed on with the Mage Tower and are sent to the Labyrinthian Peaks to seek your fortune like many thousands others. Most of you will probably have some sort of minor combat capabilities that you are willing to put to the test or you could just be a fool who just knows to stick them with the pointy end. Ancient evils, political plots, divine trials may very well await you, but for now you need to be able to earn your daily bread.

SX6Ryo9.png
  1. All NCM and RP section rules apply.
  2. Use common sense.
  3. Discord is required.

4yVDb35.png

You may format your app however you wish, but you must have all the fields that are bold, underlined, and in all caps in my (currently unfinished) example app below. I would prefer that you keep things concise or even in bullet form, because I would like you to focus your creative energies on writing a short scene of your character taking place some time before the start of the roleplay. I leave the details up to your discretion, but they must have some spoken interaction with some other character from their background and the passage will basically serve as a sort of character sketch.

62nkuAM.png

Spoiler

PERSONAL DATA

Name: Béa (BAY-ah)
Sex: Female
Origin: Crownhold

APPEARANCE

PERSONALITY

• Generally unassuming and unassertive, easily pushed around by others.
  • Seldom speaks without being spoken to, but has a constant mental monologue.
  • Prejudiced against the naive or uneducated.
  • Polite and amicable enough towards colleagues, but rarely trusts others.
  • Cynical, realistic outlook on life.
  • Very cautious in nature.

BACKGROUND

• Hails from Crownhold, the oldest of humanity's cities.
  • Studied at the Mage Tower before being hired as a receptionist at one of their subsidiary guilds.
Spoiler

ADVENTURER DATA

Role: Scout/Melee
MP: 13

TRAITS

• [Poison Resistance III] - Weak poisons have little to no effect. Moderate poisons have reduced effect.
  • [Enhanced Perception II] - Heightens awareness to be able to even sense some invisible foes.

SKILLS

• Ancient History Knowledge: Béa enjoys studying history and took advantage of her time at the Mage Tower to absorb most current knowledge of the ancient world.
  • Arcane Knowledge: As a student of the Mage Tower, she is quite familiar with arcane runes.

ARTS

Hidden Serpent | Cost: 1 MP
Must be prepared by reciting an ancient scripture and performing a short ritual. Creates a semi-invisible serpent for 20 seconds. It can float in melee range, but must crawl or swim beyond one meter. Its bite can release a venom of choice that is ingested during the ritual.
Requirements: Teacher/Skill Gem, Affinity to the Snake Gods, Poison Resistance

Hide III | Cost: 0.1 MP/sec
Must be prepared through silent meditation equal to the duration which the Art will be used. Erases presence and becomes undetectable without special perception traits or arts. Breath must be held to activate and maintain.
Requirements: Teacher/Skill Gem, Practice/Training

Farsight I | Cost: 3 MP
Prepared by concentrating for one minute. For twenty seconds, the user's sight range is greatly increased. Details from over two hundred meters away.
Requirements: Teacher/Skill Gem

Darkvision I | Cost: 2 MP
Prepared by concentrating for one minute. For thirty seconds, the user improves their ability to see in the dark, but becomes more vulnerable to bright lights.

Edited by Aix

7LIMz9j.png
"I wonder if I'll do well enough to get praised..."

Personal Information

Personal Information

PERSONAL DATA

Full Name: Ghwhetiya
Goes by: Getty
Origin: Hione

APPEARANCE

• Vivid orange eyes that give away all of her thoughts and feelings that make for a striking contrast with her long and soft black hair
  • Large, brown, curled horns that taper to sharp points, with a texture and appearance similar to that of rippled stained ivory
  • Often tries to avoid meeting eyes with others by using her hat, or looking at the ground
  • Is petite at 145cm and 37 kg
  • Image source: 迷子 by 巻羊

PERSONALITY

• Very self-conscious about her own supposed faults due to her childhood, and leads to her constantly attempting to do favors for others in order to receive praise
  • Extremely naïve in that regard, and could easily be taken advantage of by saying something like "It would make me happy if you [...]" or "If you could [...], it would be amazing."
  • Always tries to convince herself she sees the best in any life situation or person, even if evidence clearly suggests otherwise
  • Fairly clumsy in social situations, and will probably trip over her own words a fair bit in conversation
  • Very gentle-hearted and nonconfrontational; is heavily reluctant on combat herself, even though she understands it's necessary for dungeon-raiding
  • Wears her heart on her sleeve, and is very earnest with her thoughts, her openness only counterbalanced by her anxiety around people

BACKGROUND

• Grew up in a rustic, but heavily traditional and xenophobic sea-side town where animal-related mutations were the norm as the sole outlier with demon-like horns
  • Due to that, from birth, she was disliked by almost everyone there, her own parents even naming after the ancient art of summoning demons and publicly denying that she was their child
  • As a result, she took to exploring the the old abandoned homes near the sea-side, taking comfort in the sights she saw, along with the flora and fauna, and delivering mail to doors
  • Even though she was allowed to stay at her parents' house, she very rarely visited because of her parents' neglect
  • When she saw the chance to explore more of the world that she found so amazing from flyers recruiting dungeon-explorers, she was immediately enthralled with the idea

Adventurer Information

Adventurer Information

ADVENTURER DATA

Role: Support/Mage
MP: 9

TRAITS

• [Animal Friend II] - Animals are friendlier and can understand basic sentiments
  • [Nature Child IV] - Heightened awareness within nature and can find certain things by gut feeling

SKILLS

• Flora and Fauna Knowledge: Getty has learned many of the names and properties of flora and fauna.
  • Hunting and Fishing Knowledge: A skill she has developed over time as she became more familiar with nature, and allowed her to stay away from others as much as she had.

ARTS

Naturetongue | Cost: 0.25 MP/sec
Prepared by concentrating for a few seconds. While active, allows the user to communicate with animals and plants. Extent of information conveyed depends on the intellect of the other organism.
Requirements: Animal Friend/Nature Child, Practice

Gift of the Wild | Cost: 0.1-2 MP*
The user must focus on the feelings of the plant-forms they wish to create. The mana cost is dependent on the size of the creation.
Requirements: Nature Child, Practice

Other Information

Other Information

Favorite food: Wild berries and fruit
Least favorite food: Anything with a bitter taste
Hobbies: Exploring around her town, growing and tending to small gardens she creates with her powers
Voice Actor: Kana Hanazawa - Link
Theme Song: Roots

Edited by Suzu
updated with finished app

8 hours ago, Thar said:

Considering this. Will it be quest-based like Cherry Heart?

No, it will be more arc based with maybe quests stuffed in between.

To give an idea of what one of the city dungeons are like for Suzu. Note that all lore at this point is still subject to change actually since it's just brainstorming.

Orlenya the Immortal Grove

original.jpg

The most of the world believes Orlenya to be a secluded paradise, a forgotten piece of heaven accidentally left on the mortal realm. If you were ever invited by the xenophobic Orlenian Conclave to visit, the first look at the city after being allowed to take off your blindfolds would steal your breath, and thoughts, away with awe. On the second look, you would be able to think again and come to the conclusion that all the rumors were true. Everything you experience at first would only affirm this. The elves of Orlenya, on average, are the most beautiful people in the known world. They eat delicious fruit and game that cannot thrive anywhere else. Serene music regularly drifts past the city like a gentle breeze. Yet despite the lush nature and flora that adorns the city, slowly you would come to realize that the place was, at its heart, cold and lifeless.

The heart of Orlenya is the Dryad, a woman ascended to virtual godhood by her assimilation with the dungeon core. Under her influence, the society of Orlenya is one of the most stifling meritocracies that could possibly exist. The dungeon produces a limited supply of nectar every month. This nectar is what grants elves their long life, slowing aging by up to ten times. It is also an antidote to the poisonous pollen that gives the air of Orlenya a very faint sweet scent and allows nature around the city to flourish by accelerating natural growth. Competition for this nectar is fierce and the only thing stopping the city from dissolving into a river of blood are the city's uncountable laws regulating upon almost every possible action in life. It is harsh, but this competition is also what makes the elves also the most powerful mages and spellsingers alive as the prodigies of their people end up living for hundreds of years to hone their craft.

Fortunately, these same circumstances prevent them from ever leaving Orlenya for long as nectar cannot be taken outside of the city bounds and the secrets of the elven masters are never taught to anyone to prevent their rivals from learning them. So really, the city of Orlenya is mostly unimportant in the grand scheme of things. It should be noted however that though elves rarely have children, when they do, they always have two or three children in quick succession. Only the most talented is kept after adulthood and the rest are cast out. So the few elves outside of Orlenya are either unwanted children or, in rare cases, powerful mages who just weren't talented enough and cast out of Orlenya later in life. These elven exiles still tend to live for around 150 years in the outside world.

Edited by Aix

57 minutes ago, Otaku-sama said:

Your blurb about Orlenya has piqued my interest.

Currently not planning on going to Orlenya, but if what you're interested in is my sort of reinterpretation of traditional fantasy world building, there should be plenty.

Seems we got enough people now with Timeskipper and Reptilious also expressing interest on Discord.

I gotta get some basic details down along with the OOC before I get the Discord ready and open everything up for input and discussion.

Edited by Aix

15 minutes ago, Aix said:

Currently not planning on going to Orlenya, but if what you're interested in is my sort of reinterpretation of traditional fantasy world building, there should be plenty.

Seems we got enough people now with Timeskipper and Reptilious also expressing interest on Discord.

I gotta get some basic details down along with the OOC before I get the Discord ready and open everything up for input and discussion.

I was more impressed by the worldbuilding you have done. If the other cities are of similar quality, color me very interested!

OOC will be up soon. Probably tomorrow and I'll make a discord. I did make that thing in Clubs but probably won't use it.

Edited by Aix

I'll give this a shot... anything I need to know about the kinds of spells and all, or I just enter the Discord to know?

On 1/26/2019 at 8:51 PM, ZetaRESP said:

I'll give this a shot... anything I need to know about the kinds of spells and all, or I just enter the Discord to know?

Just come on the Discord.

Finished my app.

Malcanthet

PERSONAL DATA

Name: Eva Lilissa Malcanthet Lamia Empousa III°, Malcanthet for short.
Sex: Female
Origin: Hasaba, the city in the Clouds. Was raised in a small mountain hamlet called White Peak.

APPEARANCE

• Short and lean, with straight raven hair that reach below her shoulders.
  • Red eyes, bronze-reddish skin and short little horns show the heritage she's so proud of.
  • Always showing a cocky smirk on her youthful face.
  • Wears gold-trimmed red robes, a bit worn from use, and carries on herself various scrolls and vials, identifying her as a
  • Image Source: https://imgur.com/nIhQF3H

PERSONALITY

• Malcanthet is extremely confident in her own abilities, because, well, she's of royal breeding. Of course she'd be league above the commoners - who should worship her as such.
  • Even still, she's essentially good natured - for a demon, at least. She is always willing to help with "worthy" tasks, out of a commitment to her own form of noblesse oblige. And occasionally, if one manages to appeal to her best nature, even with menial tasks, as long as she doesn't have to publicly dirty her hands.
  • She will take any opportunity to rub her imaginary status in, though in mostly harmless way. Like, "Carry my bag, peasant!".
  • She has a real love of pranks and will use her powers to pull them at any available opportunity.
  • Secretly, she feels very self-conscious about her humble origins and, while she loved her adoptive family, she never felt like she fit in. She concocted her "blue blood" fantasy to cope with the shame she felt over being different from her brothers and sisters.

BACKGROUND

• She was found by her adoptive family tangled up in poison ivy on a tree's branches. They took her home, nursed and adopted her, despite her demihuman appearance.
  • Her looks suggest she hails from the city of demons, Hasaba. Growing up, she convinced herself that meant she was the child of some noble of Hasaba, becoming obsessed with that idea.
  • She once found a Skill Gem abandoned in a forest during one of her excursions. That's when she learned to perform Arts. Initially, she was help to use the only Art she had learned to help her family, but she quickly began do desire more, leading to her leaving her family in search of her true heritage and a life of adventure.

Spoiler

ADVENTURER DATA

Role: Diplomat/Stealth
MP: 15

TRAITS

• [Mollifying Aura I] - All humans who can see and interact with her are affected by this aura that pushes them to view her and her actions with a charitable outlook. It can't make people deny what they plainly see, and people who mistrust her already are harder to affect. It's also possible to resist if one is already aware of this effect.

SKILLS

• Excellent Liar: Whether thanks to her heritage or her experience in deception, it's hard for anyone to tell when she's not being completely truthful.
  • Like a Squirrel: Afternoons spent climbing trees and playing hide-and-seek have given her a great aptitude for moving fast and unseen.

ARTS

Forgetful Servant II  | Cost: 4MP
Targets one individual, and requires to lock gazes with them for a few seconds, reciting the words of the spell at them, followed by a short (one sentence maximum) instruction that must not be violent or suicidal. They will perform that action and forget about it.
Requirements: Teacher/Skill Gem, Ifrit heritage

Deceitful Eye I | Cost: 2 MP on activation + 0.05MP/sec
Prepared by using as a focus a painted feather. Creates a single illusory image in her field of view or on her body. The level of detail is tied to how much detail she's able to perceive on an object at the distance the illusion is from her at the moment of casting, accounting for visibility conditions. It can move realistically and be controlled, though it's easier if it's tied to an existing object.

Heavy Mind II | Cost: 3 MP
Prepared by applying specific markings around the caster's eyes. To cast, it requires having a piece of the target's possessions or something from their body such as a hair, drop of bodily fluid or skin flake. It causes a strong headache or a sense of numbness and loss of balance in the target, to the caster's discretion, but if constantly applied the result is the same: the target passes out from pain or nausea.
Requirements: Teacher/Skill Gem, Ifrit heritage

Magic Hand I | Cost: 2 MP
Prepared by concentrating for one minute. An invisible, intangible force pulls an object in the caster's field of view in any direction for as long as the caster maintains concentration, though the target can't be heavier than what the caster can hold in one hand.

Edited by Timeskipper