Sign in to follow this  
Truffle Shuffle

Canyon Battleguard

2WCGwqt

Canyon Battleguard

Level 3| Warrior/Union/Effect| EARTH

ATK: 1500 DEF: 550

Effect:

Once per turn, you can either: Target 1 Warrior-type monster you control; equip this card to that target, OR: Unequip this card and Special Summon it. When this card is equipped to a "Swamp Battleguard"; this card's name is treated as "Lava Battleguard. When this card is equipped to a "Lava Battleguard"; this card's name is treated as "Swamp Battleguard". If the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.

Just an experiment. It's been a long time since I've made a yugioh card so I wanted to give the new site a try. Sorry if the effect grammar is incorrect in places, I really haven't done this sort of thing in a while.

Too casual, IMO. It seems it's intended to provide Swamp and Lava Battleguard +500 ATK once it applies the name change, and of course the staple destruction protection from Unions, but to benefit from that you have to this card on board along a Swamp/Lava Battleguard, which means spending a Normal Summon, a revival or Summon-from-hand effect. To nowadays' meta standards that's just not worth it. It's not even Level 5 to go along Warrior Level 5 support; with such stats you could add a "Can be Normal Summoned without Tributes" effect without breaking anything.
I do like the art, though. Strong and sexy. If you are the artist, then my compliments to you.

Yeah, I'm still extremely out of touch with the game today. Mostly this was to blow off some nostalgia steam while some of my friends are trying to get me into older formats like goat. I'm willing to modify just about anything about it at this stage if you think it needs more oomf. Still thinking of following this up with a trap card with her on it similar to how Lava Battleguard shows up on "Battleguard Rage" and Swamp shows up on "Battleguard Howling", so I'm open to any advice on that front just in case I draw that up next.

Also thank you very much! Glad you like the art.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Truffle Shuffle
      Cyber Jammer
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      EARTH Warrior/Effect
      ATK 2000, DEF 2400
      If a Fairy or Warrior monster made a direct attack this Battle Phase, you can (Quick Effect) reveal this card in your hand: Normal Summon 1 monster OR Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Jammer" once per turn.

I hope you weren't expecting a Cyber Dragon card! The Cyber Girls are a group of mostly-EARTH Warrior monsters also originating from Yugioh GX that really never took off the way their successors, the Cyber Angels, eventually would. I felt like making one of my own to at least relate to what most of their effects did as several of the Cyber Girls have effects relating to direct attacks and their boss monster, Cyber Blader, happens to be a Fusion Monster. The Cyber Girls all have something to do with female sports or athletics, so for this one I felt like going with roller derby since I haven't really seen that used as an aesthetic for anything in the game to the best of my knowledge. Enjoy!
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Angelfood
      ⭐⭐⭐ LIGHT FIend/Effect
      ATK 1000 | DEF 1800
      If this card is sent from the hand or field to the GY: You can Ritual Summon 1 Non-Effect Ritual Monster from your Deck. This effect of "Angelfood" can only be used once per turn.

The result of some drawing practice I felt like making into a full card. A pretty straightforward effect that's probably significantly more powerful than I imagine it to be. But hey, those dusty Performance of the Swords and Crab Turtles in your box of old cards deserve some love.
    • By The Chayncemaniac
      When this card leaves the Field, you can add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Deck to your Hand.
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Power Creep
      Trap Card
      Tribute 1 face-up monster on either side of the field: Its controller can Special Summon 1 monster from their hand or Deck with the same Type and Attribute and an ATK or DEF greater than the tributed card. Card effects cannot be activated for the rest of this turn, except for the effects of a monster Special Summoned by this card. You can only activate 1 "Power Creep" per turn.

Spent a while trying to come up with an effect for the image. If you have any more fitting ideas, let me know.