E32019_White.png

It's that time again, starting this post now just so it's up and running by the time E3 starts on Tuesday. Here's a list of games (as of today, 6/5/19) [except the Battle for Bikini Bottom remaster] that will be showcased at E3... is there any game on this list you are excited for? Any games you're NOT excited for? Post them below... Also, it's worth noting that this will be the first E3 that none of Sony's properties will be showcased, so no Last of Us 2 or any of their other games they have planned.

w6keXj0.png

ydIgDVr.png

3HP3OHi.png

The thing I'm looking forward to a lot will be further Smash DLC. The 2nd fighter pack while almost assuredly be announced there, maybe even a tease for the 3rd.

Also, holy fuck I can't wait to see new Animal Crossing.

Edited by Shradow

My favorite conferences were definitely Square Enix's and Nintendo's. Though Square's was basically just for FFVII, which was absolutely amazing, but the rest really slogged in the middle and I felt what they showed of Avengers was disappointing to end with. But Nintendo gave me Dragon Quest and Banjo for Smash, new Animal Crossing looks dope, and I'm so pumped for BotW sequel.

Full thoughts on Nintendo's Direct.

The Hero looks cool. Curious how his special move changing works

DQ11 sure looks like DQ. Now if only the franchise was bigger here.

Luigi’s Mansion looks great. I never played any of the games but I might get this. Shocked it’s coming out this year.

Dark Crystal was not something I was suspecting.

Link’s Awakening looks great. Dungeon maker is cool. Surprised it’s coming out September 20th.

The Mana games look cool. The collection coming out today is nice.

Witcher, more like the Switcher. Neat.

Fire Emblem time travel. Game looks really interesting. July 26 is real soon.

Resident Evil 1, 5, and 6 on Switch is nice. The live action bit was very in line with RE’s cheesy opening.

No More Heroes looks crazy. I kind of love it.

New Contra looks fine. Collection is cool to see. Also out today.

XMachina looks like a solid mech game. ROBOTS

I don’t know much about Panzer Dragoon but I know the name. Gives me a Star Fox feel.

Pokémon news was outside of the direct. Not being able to move non-Galar Pokémon is awful. Hope they patch it in or something. The new Pokémon look cool. Also more legs to the leak.

Astral Chain looks really cool. Might pick it up. Have until 8/30 to decide.

Empire of Sin is fine.

Marvel looks great. Especially if your a big Marvel fan. I like Marvel stuff though I don’t think I’m that interested. Coming next month though.

Cadence looks just as cool as before. Not for me though. Shocked it’s out in 2 days.

More Mario and Sonic. Sure looks like the others.

Animal Crossing isn’t my jam but it looks super chill. Going to be a ton of fun for the big AC fans. Shane about the delay.

Rapid fire round

Spyro is neat. New Hollow Knight stuff is awesome. I should get the first. Nino Kuni is fine. Knew about Minecraft. Elder Scrolls. My Friend Pedro looks wild still. Doom on Switch is neat. Sinking City is ???  Wolfenstein is a game. Death by Daylight we knew. Alien is cool. Some Square stuff. Catan is weird in Switch. Mascot platformer

BANJO!!!!

BotW 2 is a hell of a way to end the direct. Looks real interesting.

One game that E3 gave me a new perspective on is definitely Fire Emblem: Three Houses. The story trailer revealing that there's a 5 year timeskip where things go to shit and the three houses seem to be enemies with the teacher character having the ability to see and I assume act across both points in time makes me really interested in the story. I didn't realize the school aspect of the game wouldn't be maintained throughout the whole thing.

Edited by Shradow

Yea, I found that really interesting. Also amazing how such a major piece of the game was kept under wraps until so close to the release. Really curious how the time jumping element is going to work. 

On 6/11/2019 at 1:08 PM, Flame Dragon said:

Nintendo killed it with their direct. So much good stuff coming. 

The pokemon choice really kind shat on it for me. I don't know if I'm gonna buy any games till BOTW2

I know there's a lot of really cool games revealed and all that but I'm so locked in on Pokemon SWSH and Fire Emblem: Three Houses (and to a much lesser extent FF7) that I feel I can't even consider anything else right now.

One game I just learned was at E3 is Darksiders Genesis, a top-down Diablo-style game that's a prequel spin-off featuring Strife and War. From the demo gameplay I've seen it looks pretty sick.

Edited by Shradow

15 hours ago, Shradow said:

One game I just learned was at E3 is Darksiders Genesis, a top-down Diablo-style game that's a prequel spin-off featuring Strife and War. From the demo gameplay I've seen it looks pretty sick.

I'm still trying to get through the first one, lol. Though I guess since it's a prequel, I can play this first. The isometric style looks really appealing, too, so this is definitely something to look at.

One thing I really loved about E3 was the crowd of Bethesda's conference. The conference itself was largely just a bunch of nothing (except for DOOM, as well as Ghostwire Tokyo, bless Ikumi Nakamura) but the crowd had me laughing so much. There was that group of people (who were obviously paid to be there or planted Bethesda employees or something) up in front who kept standing up and cheering while no one else was nearly that excited, and shouting at the top of their lungs every other second. They were so over the top they kept interrupting the speakers to the point they looked irritated about it.

One of my favorite shots of the crowd had this zoom in on a few people and one of the women there just clearly did not want to be there. Frowning, arms crossed, and when she noticed the camera on her she rolled her eyes and gave the laziest clap I've ever seen while still being clearly not happy. It was great.

Edited by Shradow