Sign in to follow this  
Saikazo

Fate/Ultima Bellum[IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

i_fubd_it_up_again.png

Saber… masters of swords whose own legends often surpass beyond they who wield them.

Lancer… wielders of spears, lances, any and all weapons that provide the extra reach that make striking them down all but impossible.

Archer… the true masters of the long-range weaponry who possess such incredible strength of will that they virtually become their own masters.

Rider… they who've mastered their mounts to such a degree that even upon their own feet they are a passing blur to untrained eyes.

Caster… magicians, sorcerers, witches, and warlocks, they are the artisans of the magical arts, purveyors of spells and enchantments long lost to modern time and its scientific convention.

Assassin… the shadow walkers who move silent and unseen by their victims until their blades are buried to the hilt in their heart.

Berserker… the mad dogs of war whose sheer physical might is rivaled only by their inhuman madness…

Fourteen combatants in all, the seven Masters and the seven Servants whom they call forth from the Throne of Heroes to fight and kill to attain that which was named as the Holy Grail, that their wishes may be granted, one to the living and one to the dead. An absolute balance, a perfected measure of control…

Theme Song

Arash chuckled to himself as he looked at himself. The moment he landed in America, some bodyguards from Clock Tower had picked him up, taking him into a limo and drove him away. More than likely, they didn't want him possibly seeing the other Masters. It made sense, really. Not knowing who the Masters were until the moment of battle kept everyone from planning ahead, and cheating. Still, this black full body cloak made him look like a cultist, especially with the hood. His teacher would probably like it... knowing him, it'd remind him of some video game or something.

As the limo traveled through the town, Arash took a look out the window, just looking at the town. It was so different from London. While the foggy city was big and bustling, the city of Exfield seemed to be on the smaller side. It had the essentials a city would need: a mall, a park, a movie theater, and even an open air market. Each seemed to be close enough that one could walk there if they dedicated the time to do so.

Soon, they pulled up to a smaller church and the man was ushered inside. He looked around the church as he walked. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary... it had pews, blue  glass stained windows, and an altar, where a nun with white hair stood. When she noticed Arash, she motioned to the pews, obviously wanting him to sit. The mage nodded and slid into a seat, seeing that there were already two people here. He couldn't tell who they were though, due to those hoods. Seems like the articles of clothing were doing their job.

It was eerily quiet in the church, but at the same time, no one wanted to speak up to break that silence. Soon, however, all seven masters had arrived, and the nun smiled when everyone was seated. 

"Well, well, hello to you all," She greeted, her voice as sweet as honey. "I am Caren Hortensia, this Holy Grail War’s officiator. Now, let's go over some of the basic rules," She made a wide sweeping motion. "This church is a safe zone. If your servant dies in battle, or you wish to give up in the War, then you may come here and be safe until the end of the war. There will be no fighting here, and anyone who breaks that rule will be immediately disqualified,"

She let that hang in the air before continuing. "Now, this Holy Grail War is slightly different from the others. Because the magical leylines in this town aren't as pronounced as in some other places, you'll need to do more than just be the last man standing to summon the Grail. Hidden in several locations in this town are special "Class Cards", one for every class that is taking part in this War. You'll need to collect them all and be the last man standing in order to summon the Grail,"

With a smile she left them with one last rule. "The usual rule of trying to conceal your magic... no longer applies. You're allowed to do anything anywhere to win. Except here, of course," She bowed to them politely. "Good luck to you all in your future endeavors. Remember, 2 AM is the optimal time for you to summon your servants,"  with that, the Masters were lead out of the church, each going back to the limo that brought them there, and being taken away once.

The sun was just setting as Arash finally ended up in his destination, a small one story house on the outskirts of town. Honestly, it was quite nice. It had a cozy living room, complete with TV and couch, a fully stocked kitchen, and a bedroom with a nice looking bed. Honestly, it was a helluva lot better than what he had at Clock Tower. He knew that everyone else likely got something similar, and he had to wonder how the others were taking their new accommodations.

The house was kind of hot due to the summer air, so Arash flipped on the air conditioning as he walked over to the kitchen, ready to make a snack. He had time to kill, after all.

Finally, the time had come. With the moon high in the sky, Arash headed into a side room, one that had a summoning circle already drawn for him. With a grin, he took a knife, cutting into his hand and holding it over the circle, letting the blood drip down onto the circle. With every drop that fell, the circle grew brighter and brighter, until it was emitting a bright green light. Taking a deep breath, Arash began his chant.

"Heed my words... My will creates your body, and your power creates my destiny," As he spoke, the circle began to turn a bright red. "If you heed the Grail's call and agree to my cause and reason, then answer my summoning! I hereby swear that I shall be all the good in the world, that I shall defeat all evil in the world. Seventh-heaven clad and the great words of power, come forth from the circle of binding, Guardian of Scales!"

The ring's light violently erupted, letting out a blast of power that knocked back Arash. When the dust settled down, Arash took a look at his circle, and laid his eyes on his servant. Or he would, if it was there. Arash sighed to himself. Did he botch the summoning ritual? Would he have to try again? 

A crash in the living room and the markings on his hand told him no.

Rushing into the room, he could see the entire room in disarray, the couch propped against the wall, like it was thrown there, the cushions thrown all over the place. The TV was on the floor, but thankfully it didn't look broken. A table was somehow embedded in the ceiling... and a clock laid on the floor. The most noticeable thing was, however, the man sitting on top of the arm of the couch.  He was around Arash's height, with messy black hair, and brown eyes. His body was very muscular, as his lack of shirt showed off. His tanned skin was covered in various scars, giving him a tough look.

"What the hell happened here?" Arash asked.

"I saw a spider, so I threw a table at it," The man explained. "It survived, so I threw the couch at it. This continued, the spider escaped. I assure you I mean to track it down," The man answered, his voice surprisingly not as deep as his body would make one think. It held a joking tone, one that made Arash crack a smile.

"Spider, huh? Well, thank you for coming into defense of this lovely home," He stated before looking over the man once more. "So... what class are ya? I think you're built for Berserker at the very least," The man chuckled and shook his head, jumping to the floor and giving a bow.

"Servant, Assassin. Are you my master?"

Ciel Argus smiled to herself as she took out the vial of blood she had saved just for this occasion. It was time for her to dominate this Holy Grail War, and she knew how she'd do it. She summon what was considered the strongest class... she summoned a Saber! She poured her blood into the circle, holding out her hand as she began her chant.

"Let steel and silver be the essence. Let the word and the faith be the foundation," The winds began to pick up, her red hair swaying in the wind. "I offer unto thee, servant of the Light and the Trinity, my word, my soul and my will," Her petite body began to crackle with red lightning as the summoning continued. "If thou should heed the call, rise and fight as my servant. An oath shall be sworn here! Together we will break the opposing forces and win this war! Arise my servant, from the world of restraint, the sword of might, SABER!"

The energy her body had been giving off erupted, and a bright pillar of light emerged from the circle, engulfing the room...

Astoria muttered to herself as she adjusted her glasses, looking over the summoning circle. She still wasn't sure about all this... well, sort of. She was determined to win this war, but... she remembered how disappointed her teacher, Lord El-Melloi II seemed so disappointed when she announced she would fight in the war. She was chosen for this, it was an honor, but... he was so against it. Maybe if she was from a lesser family like Arash, she never would have been chosen for this war, and she would be her teacher's favorite student... she shook her head. Now was not the time for thoughts like that!

She held out her hand, letting her light magic drop into the circle... sealing her fate...

"Heed my words... My will creates your body, and your power creates my destiny," As she spoke, the circle began to turn a bright red. "If you heed the Grail's call and agree to my cause and reason, then answer my summoning! I hereby swear that I shall always do what is right, to vanish that which is evil. Seventh-heaven clad and the great words of power, come forth from the circle of binding, oh great Hero of the Ages!"

As it had so many times before, the circle began to glow, only this time it was soft glow, one that would almost be soothing... and from the circle arose her servant...

Akira Hortensia stared at the circle, his yellow eyes narrowing as he focused on it. Unlike so many others doing the ritual, he felt nothing. Summoning a great hero? That didn't matter to him. This war? He had no wish, not one that couldn't be fulfilled with his own hands. And he would do that, with this servant he summoned as his tool of revenge. He held his hand out, letting blood drip onto the circle.

"Legendary Spirits from across time and space, heroes that save mankind again and again, I summon you now. Aid me as I reach out and grab my dream!" He chanted. The circle let out a burst of energy, causing the man to cover his eyes. When the energy settled down, Akira uncovered his eyes, seeing a teenager standing in front of him. He was what most people would call attractive, with bright eyes, and a ruddy look about him. Despite his young look, the way the servant stood, the confidence that radiated off of him... he was certainly someone important while he was alive. The servant looked over his Master, seeing his robes and the cross necklace Akira wore.

"A fellow man of God, is it?" The teen said with a smile. "Well, this certainly is an interesting twist in God's plan for me. It's a pleasure to meet you Master. I am the servant, Caster,"

Edited by Saikazo May Cry

CfreCuN.png

Optimal summoning time is two o'clock. Misaki looked at the clock. It was time. She'd already drawn her own summoning circle, just the way she'd been taught back home. The room was left with plenty of open space. In fact, the only things she hadn't taken out of it were a desk in the corner, where she'd spent most of her day after being brought to her new - temporary - home, and a notebook sitting on top of it, where she'd been writing down notes on some new magical research she'd been told to look into during her time here. But the research could wait. If she didn't summon her servant, there would be problems in the longer term unless she could figure out a way to quietly dispose of the other masters herself. That certainly wouldn't be happening in this lifetime.

With the time now upon her, and the room ready to go, Misaki double-checked that everything was ready to go. Circle was drawn, lights were off, a human skull had been left in the middle of the circle (provided by her dear relatives of course), and all that was left was a blood offering. Misaki was told her blood would be best, but also that it didn't have to be especially fresh. That was why she'd sliced her hand open earlier that day, put the blood in a bottle, then bandaged up her hand. All that was left was to pour it into the circle. Which she did, directly onto the skull, as she'd been instructed to before leaving home. She then recited the speeech - also instructed to her - that she'd been forced to become familiar with.

"Sevant beyond space and time, answer my summons and come to my aid. My blood is your blood, my will is your command, and my enemy is your enemy. Come forward, great hero, and snuff out our foes."

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

"Remember, 2 AM is the optimal time for you to summon your servants."

These words of assistance from Caren Hortensia still rung within Souta's mind, as he stood near a window, looking at the moon shining high in the Californian sky. It was quite a different sight from Japan...even from Clock Tower. Nevertheless, he sighed and pulled out a pocket watch out from his jacket, opening it up quickly. The time read 1:50 AM. In ten minutes, he would have the proper conditions to summon up his Servant within this Holy Grail War.

Closing the pocket watch, he sighed once more before turning on his heel and began to walk away from the window...the time had come...he had to do this.

The summoning circle is just about done... Souta thought, putting the finishing touches on the summoning circle. It was just how shown to do at Clock Tower and during his studies. It required the summoning circle, quite a large amount of mana, an incantation and/or chant, and if necessary...a catalyst. I would've actually been fine without the last piece to this...but I was given at least something to utilize as the catalyst.

Once he finished the summoning circle, Souta stood up and made his way towards a case he brought from leaving Clock Tower and the Mage's Association. He opened it and looked at what contents it held inside...or rather, content. A shard of some sort of wood with strange etchings on it. He had held it once before, and just like this moment before, Souta could still feel some sort of heat...or something emanating from this piece of ordinary wood. Truth be told, he didn't know who left this catalyst with him, but only knew that this here would assist him in the summoning of a Servant.

He took the shard of wood and placed it on a pedestal near the summoning circle. Another heavy sigh began to escape his lips as the young man made his way back away from the circle. Unsheathing his rapier, Souta also removed one of his gloves, preparing to cut his palm slightly to provide the blood necessary. However...he stopped for a moment. Looking at his right, Souta noticed a mirror and looked at his reflection stare back at him. The grip on his rapier grew tighter, as he too stared back at the stranger in the mirror. This wasn't who he was...he knew this...but what else could he do?

...for the returning of glory to the Aozaki clan... he thought, closing his eyes and turning away quickly, swiftly making a cut to provide the blood. There the blood began to drip onto the summoning circle...and for extra measure...he added his own Wind magic into the mix.

"Fill...Fill...Fill...Fill...Fill...repeat five times, but destroy each when filled.

My will creates thy body and thy power creates my fate.

Heed my call, according to the Holy Grail's will. Raise thyself and fight at my side.

Let us follow the wind, against all barriers and walls shall prevail.

From the Seventh-Heaven clad, in accordance with the great words of power...come forth from the circle of binding, Great Heroic Warrior!"

rQd9OKX.png

This feeling was so nostalgic...had he failed last time?  It was all a blur to him.  But here he stood again, waiting to be taken to another battlefield in another time.  He took a moment to prepare himself, but it was not enough.  He felt his aether plunge into the mortal realm.  There, he knelt in what was such a familiar sight to him.  A homemade summoning circle surrounded him, and a small girl stood before him.  Her command seals shown prominently.  This was his new master for his new quest.  He stood before her, bowing as immediately as he had risen.  

"Hola!"  He finally spoke, perking his head up and straight forward.  He wore a goofy smile on his face.  "I am your humble servant, ___!  The Saber you so meticulously summoned!"  He placed a hand on his hip, as he returned to a standing posture.  "With my sword at your side, I swear on all that is holy in this world that your wish will be answered!  None shall stand before us!  All those who try will have their lineages dashed from existence, so that none may remember their disgusting failure!"  

He then placed the other hand on his hip, and cocked his head.  

"Too much?"  He asked the scarlet haired girl in front of him.

Edited by Mr. Hyde

MbWBF8j.png

As the circle gently glowed, a man slowly rose from it. He seemed to be covered in a thin layer of sand, sprinkling bits of it around the circle as he took a look around. "No rest for the wicked..." He said, twirling one of his revolvers as his eyes laid themselves onto the girl that probably summoned him. He had always wondered why the kind that seemed to always summon him were young. Not that he really cared, personally. At the very least this one seemed like they could legally drink, which was good. "So, yer the one that summoned me, eh?" He said, stopping the twirl of his gun as he made his way towards the girl. With one swift motion, the gun twirled back into holster as he extended his arm out towards her. "Name's no cheating. As long as y'aint the bossy kind, this'll be smooth sailin'." He said, before looking around the place. "Ya got any drinks 'round 'ere? I could really use one right about now."

Edited by REP

"Sevant beyond space and time, answer my summons and come to my aid. My blood is your blood, my will is your command, and my enemy is your enemy. Come forward, great hero, and snuff out our foes."

A bright pillar of light erupted from the summoning circle, and a blast of force exploded out, pushing back the summoner and shattering the window. When the light finally died down, Misaki could see a woman standing in the mystical circle. She stood a full head taller than her master, with a head of fiery red hair done up in a ponytail. She wore a what looked like what a stereotypical kungfu fighter in an anime would wear, also a bright red. With a large smile, the servant introduced herself.

"Art thou my Master, who has summoned me from beyond the writhed grasp of time?" She began. "Born as is the new moon to engage and slay at your---," She then paused. "Okay, yeah, never mind, I'm not fond of 'Ye Ol' English'. Hi, I'm Lancer, and you're my Master, right?" she asked as she walked to Misaki. "You'll have to keep referring to me as Lancer though, as the Throne of Heroes forbids me from revealing my name to you. It's... a safety precaution. I'll let you know what it is when the time comes," She looked around the room. "Now that that's over with, you got any food? I'm starving," with that, she left the room, headed for the kitchen.

"From the Seventh-Heaven clad, in accordance with the great words of power...come forth from the circle of binding, Great Heroic Warrior!" At first, the room was quiet, eerily quiet, with the only sources of lights being the moonlight and the glowing circle. However, a breeze began to stir in the room, one that slowly became more and more intense, until a vortex was swirling in the room, creating a miniature tornado in the middle of the room. When the winds finally died down, Souta could see a knight in full armor standing in front of him, his sword held in front of him, the blade placed on the ground as he stood like a sentinel.

"So you are the one that summoned me. From now on, I’ll be your Servant. For the sake of my king, believe in me, as I will believe in you,"  The servant picked his sword up and sheathed it into its side. "My Class is Sab---," He then paused, as if he realized something. "How odd. It seems I was summoned as a Rider in this war...," He paused to ponder this before looking up at Souta. "So then Master, what is our first move?"

"With my sword at your side, I swear on all that is holy in this world that your wish will be answered!  None shall stand before us!  All those who try will have their lineages dashed from existence, so that none may remember their disgusting failure!" He then placed the other hand on his hip, and cocked his head. "Too much?" He asked the scarlet haired girl in front of him.

"No, no, no. In fact, it was perfect!" Ciel had the biggest, shit-eating-est grin on her face as she took in the servant. He was certainly handsome, though that didn't matter too much in the long run. No, what mattered was that he stated he was a Saber. "A perfect introduction for the strongest class!" She cleared her throat to start her own introduction. "I am your Master, Ciel Argus. Between my brains and your strength, we're sure to win this Holy Grail War and get your wish granted!" She paused, thinking to herself. "So, what's your wish anyways? Wait, on second thought, tell me as we move. We should do some recon on the town and set some traps for the other Masters," She ran out of the room, throwing on her coat. "Let's go and start this Holy Grail War!!"

"As long as y'aint the bossy kind, this'll be smooth sailin'." Archer said, before looking around the place. "Ya got any drinks 'round 'ere? I could really use one right about now."

"Now see here!" Astoria snapped, but then paused. She remembered her teacher's story about him and his servant in his Holy Grail War, and how Servants weren't just summoned familiars, but actual people, with desires and personalities. She shouldn't... she shouldn't treat him as less than human. She took a deep breath, calming herself down. "Sorry about that, I'm just... overwhelmed by your casual attitude... not what I expected," She peeked out of  the room into the kitchen. "I don't... think we have any alcohol in this place, but... I'm sure we can go to a bar if you're that desperate for one...," She really hoped he wasn't though. 

"Assassin, huh?" Arash said with a smile. "Well, I gotta say, that reassures me," After all, an assassin wouldn't just rush into death. "So, I think what's most important right now is to do some recon on the town, very specifically we should do some recon at this late night Chinese restaurant I noticed on the way here. I haven't had some good Chinese for awhile,"

Assassin chuckled as Arash headed out the door. "Alright, I'm game for that. I haven't had good Chinese in forever," And so, the two headed out the door.

"A man of God, huh?" Akira muttered. "Nah... God's going to surely send me to hell for the things I've done," Caster shook his head and placed a hand on his Master's shoulder.

"Well, if you feel so guilty, you should try reaching out. I know from experience God is very merciful," He began to walk out of the room. "Now, what should we do first, Master?"

"Right... first comes... first comes recon. We need to make sure we aren't caught off guard," Akira stated as he headed to leave the house. "And I need to... find my target...,"

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

The chant had finished, but at the same time...nothing seemed to happen. Souta began to feel that this might've been a waste...and that he might've failed. However, a breeze filled the room, one that began to evolve from a gentle breeze into vortex over time. The young Magus brought his hands up to brace himself, not expecting to witness a miniature tornado beginning to develop in the room. S-So this...this is what occurs when a Servant is summoned?! he thought, feeling the winds die down and before him in the circle stood a knight clad in armor and holding a blade in front of him.

"So you are the one that summoned me. From now on, I’ll be your Servant. For the sake of my king, believe in me, as I will believe in you."

Souta stood there quite shocked. The blade this knight carried, he wasn't 100% sure of it, but it was quite prestigious. A Saber Class? Did I just summon a Saber?

"My Class is Sab---... How odd. It seems I was summoned as a Rider in this war... So then Master, what is our first move?"

This was now a bit of a twist that he wasn't expecting. Souta assumed he was a Saber, and even the Heroic Spirit assumed he was a Saber, however the Grail seemed to have other intentions. Nevertheless, Rider was summoned before him and Souta only looked over at his right hand, seeing the Command Seals now proving that he was the Master of Rider. He exhaled slowly, putting his glove back on his hand, looking at the knight. "Introductions, I would believe. I do know the rules set in motion for you Heroic Spirits regarding your true identities, however...it does not mean that I cannot introduce myself. Aozaki Souta..." he said quite respectfully. "...now, I believe that the next course of action would be to do some reconnaissance. After all, neither one of us are exactly familiar with our surroundings. So, shall we get started, Rider? Perhaps on the way, you could enlighten me on your wish upon the Grail."

CfreCuN.png

"Art thou my Master, who has summoned me from beyond the writhed grasp of time? Born as is the new moon to engage and slay at your--- Okay, yeah, never mind, I'm not fond of 'Ye Ol' English'. Hi, I'm Lancer, and you're my Master, right?"

"Correct."

"You'll have to keep referring to me as Lancer though, as the Throne of Heroes forbids me from revealing my name to you. It's... a safety precaution. I'll let you know what it is when the time comes. Now that that's over with, you got any food? I'm starving."

"I haven't checked," Misaki answered. "If you want me to cook something with whatever ingredients we may have, I don't mind." Misaki followed her Servant out of the room, and into the kitchen, where the two started checking around for something to eat. The fridge was completely bare inside and out besides a piece of paper with a magnet on it, with instructions written down for Misaki to follow over the course of the Holy Grail War. She stopped for a moment to cross "Summon your Servant" off the list. Freezer was also empty. Nothing in the cabinets. There were a couple of those little hanging bowls people would put fruit in, but those were also devoid of any food. The only remarkable thing about the kitchen aside from the written orders Misaki had been given was the food. Or more accurately, the complete and total lack thereof.

"All empty," Misaki sighed as she closed the final cabinet, confirming that there was indeed no food. "What should we do, Lancer?"

"There's only one thing to do in a time like this, right?" Lancer stated as a large grin spread across her face. "We gotta go to one of those "convenient stores" I've heard so much about! Let's go! To the store of convenience for food!"

Misaki nodded in response, looking at her list of orders again.

1: Summon your Servant
2: Scout out your area
3: Ally yourself with another Master
4: Exterminate the non-allied Masters
5: Exterminate your ally
6: Use the Holy Grail to restore glory to the Shirai family
7: Exterminate the Mercury family
8: Return home

"It will also let us scout the area around us," Misaki added, taking the list off the fridge. She wanted to keep this nearby. "I have a list here that my family wrote, going over how we're supposed to win. If we stick to the list, we should get to make a wish on the Holy Grail. What will you wish for, Lancer?"

"Hmm..." Lancer thought to herself. "I don't really have one. I'm not here for the wish, I'm here to have fun."

"I see." Before Misaki had much time to stop and make sure she had her wallet on her, Lancer was already dragging her out of the house by the hand. Scouting ensued. There was conversation - mostly one-sided with Lancer doing the vast majority of the talking - mental notes about interesting locations, and one encounter with a particularly foul-tempered cat that ended in Lancer having a number of cuts across her face. And after some more scouting, the pair had found a convenience store! While Lancer made right for the food, Misaki looked around more thoroughly, for something else.

Nothing of interest.

As she turned her attention back to her servant, Misaki saw that Lancer was already opening and eating just about any snack item she could get her hands on. The magus hurried over, and said with a tone more pleading than commanding, "We need to buy these before you can eat them. I'll get my wallet and..." Misaki fished into one of the pockets of the long red raincoat draped over her body. Not there. Maybe this one? No, maybe it was a back pocket. The process went on for a bit; while there weren't many exterior pockets to speak of, Misaki's coat had been designed with an abundance of interior pockets. Perfect for hiding weapons or other important odds and ends. Alas, her wallet wasn't to be found in any of them.

"Lancer, there's a problem."

"I know right? There aren't nearly enough of these Twinkies. They're super good," Lancer commented as she opened her eighth one, messily devouring it.

"No, a different problem..."

The light from the fire. And smoke carried along the breeze. And Lancer, who had grabbed as many Twinkies and other food items as she could from the now-burning store, in a quantity Misaki had to admit was pretty impressive. Those were all she saw as she left the scene of the crime. With each movement she made, the contents of the shopping bags in her hand rattled. Inside of them was a collective total of one whole human skeleton. Misaki had taken particular care to remove all the flesh from the bones before bagging them up. She didn't want to make a mess after all.

"You mean you use his bones? That's weird and vaguely demon like," Lancer commented, between bites of her current Twinkie.

"It's the type of magic the Shirai family specializes in." The cashier from the store had been pretty dead by the time the two left anyway, so it wasn't like he'd be needing those bones. Misaki could put them to good use, by contrast. She also put a few other parts in an extra, separate bag. Namely the eyes and heart; those would be the most useful. "Now that we've looked around and gotten some food, we're to think about the next step in winning the Holy Grail War: Allying ourselves with another Master. But we don't know who they are, or anything else. Something to get their attention will be helpful. Something like..." Something like burning down a convenience store. "We have that covered, actually."

"Want one?" Lancer asked, holding a Twinkie out toward Misaki.

Misaki nodded. But alas, her hands were full. With a small flick of her wrist, the bone hands sitting in her shopping bags clattered and rose up, taking the Twinkie, opening it, and feeding it to the red-clad magus. Now, to find those other Masters.  She had some ideas for a spell that could help, but it was something she'd have to set up at home. There was also the issue of class cards...

MbWBF8j.png

The archer was ready to respond to whatever demands the girl made, before smirking when she changed her tone. "No worries 'ere, miss. Glad we're on the same page." He said, moving away from her. When she said there was no alcohol here, he frowned, although she offered to go a bar. "A bar? Why, that sounds perfect!" He said, brushing off some sand from his shoulders. She didn't seem to be too keen about going to the bar herself. "Don't look so down! It'll be good for team buildin' or something!" He said, letting out a hearty chuckle. "Speaking of team buildin', it'd probably help if I knew what yer name was." He gestured towards the girl, slipping his revolver back into its holster with the other hand.

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

"...now, I believe that the next course of action would be to do some reconnaissance. After all, neither one of us are exactly familiar with our surroundings. So, shall we get started, Rider? Perhaps on the way, you could enlighten me on your wish upon the Grail."

Souta's question still lingered in the air, as the two began to walk. He was met by silence for a good bit of time. Perhaps he said something wrong? Or perhaps he insulted the Heroic Spirit. He truly hoped neither was the case.

The knight was quiet as his master spoke. It seemed to be a combination of general respect and uneasiness, as if he didn't know what to say. Finally though, he answered. "My name... I apologize, my master, but I am a knight with no name. My deeds they... Well, let us say I was not deemed worthy of a name."

"A knight with no name?" Souta asked, quite intrigued by this. Nevertheless, he sighed. "Keep your secrets then...for the moment, revealing your name most likely wouldn't be for the best. Now...tell me, what are you seeking for from the Grail, Rider?"

"What I wish... I have but one wish. I wish to return to my time, so I may be a splendid knight for my king," the Rider explained. "Pray tell, my Master, what do you wish for so much that you would risk your life in this Holy Grail Game?"

Souta stopped in his stride when Rider spoke to him. A heavy sigh escaped his lips as he turned to look at his Servant. "It's...a wish not for myself...but for my clan, the Aozaki..." he began to explain. "We are...not one of the noble families of Magus, not by a long shot. My wish is...is for the Aozaki clan to have its glory and status fully restored..."

"If you believe your duty to your family is reason enough to fight in this game, then I shall be your sword that leads you to victory," Rider stated.

Souta looked at Rider, nodding slowly. "Thank you..." he said, before continuing his stride. ...it's truly not my own wish, however. But...I have a duty I must uphold and fulfill for their sake...I must, against all odds, survive this game... However, Rider said something yet again in those responses. "Game? Rider, why do you call this Holy Grail War a game?" he asked, curious to understand his Servant's phrasing about that.

"..." Rider was silent at first, mulling over how to answer. "This is not a war." the Rider finally answered. "War is the hatred of brothers turning against brothers, and the pains of whole families turn asunder. It is the suffering of innocence and the death of justice. It is rampant atrocities and horrors the likes of which can drive you insane. It is the passing of years, of countless lifetimes, enduring—praying for peace to come and continuing on when it doesn't. This Holy Grail 'War' is a farce compared to true war."

Now this was an answer Souta wasn't expecting, but nevertheless...he figured it would be, especially coming from a knight. "I see. No doubt, you've seen war with your own eyes to which you can accurately judge." he nodded. "Very well, I believe your wish is an admirable one...so I'll do my best in helping you, as you help me."

"As long as you don't lose sight of your light, I shall be by your side." the knight reaffirmed. "Now, do we have modern clothes? I believe walking around in full armor is bound to draw attention to myself."

"Hmmm, unfortunately I don't believe I have clothes that could fit you, Rider." Souta lamented, seeing this unfortunate to be in this predicament. "Nevertheless, I believe the mall is open...which is strange. America is strange...I'll have you stay in spirit form and out of sight until we get you the clothes." With this, Souta separated from Rider, who he watched dissipate from sight...most likely remaining in spirit form as requested. He was surely lucky that the U.S. had malls open at 2 A.M., although this was most unorthodox for him. Clothes shopping...well, if the Heroic Spirit wishes to blend in, I suppose this was to be a given. Souta thought, walking into the mall.

rQd9OKX.png

"No, no, no. In fact, it was perfect!" The girl had a grin from ear to ear.  It made him smile as well. "A perfect introduction for the strongest class!" She cleared her throat, introducing herself next. "I am your Master, Ciel Argus. Between my brains and your strength, we're sure to win this Holy Grail War and get your wish granted!" Ciel had paused, making him cock his head curiously. "So, what's your wish anyways? Wait, on second thought, tell me as we move. We should do some recon on the town and set some traps for the other Masters," She ran out of the room, throwing on her coat. "Let's go and start this Holy Grail War!!"

His master seemed to be quite the hasty and rambunctious one.  With a hop, skip, and a jump, Saber ran after his master.  

"Traps, huh?"  He questioned, with an eyebrow raised.  "I'd rather not stoop to such guerrilla tactics, but if my master wishes then I shall go along with such a plan."  As they continued on, he looked to the sky.  "My wish...is to meet my lord and savior."  He proclaimed.  "I fight in his name, yet I have never beheld his face.  I know it sounds arrogant of me, but I would like to be rewarded for all that I've done."  He laughed under his breath.  "Is it too greedy a wish?"  

"Traps, huh?"  Ciel turned as she heard her Saber seem to question her methods.  "I'd rather not stoop to such guerrilla tactics, but if my master wishes then I shall go along with such a plan."  Thankfully, it seemed she wouldn't have to put her foot down. She really didn't want to use a Command Seal so early.  "My wish...is to meet my lord and savior."  He proclaimed.  "I fight in his name, yet I have never beheld his face.  I know it sounds arrogant of me, but I would like to be rewarded for all that I've done."  He laughed under his breath.  "Is it too greedy a wish?"  

"Nah, I don't think so. After all, I'm sure you fought hard in your life, hard enough to become a hero! Who wouldn't want to get a reward for it all? It's certainly better than any wish I could come up with," She sighed and scratched her cheek as she grabbed her jacket. "I just want the Grail because well... it's there. I gotta show everyone that I will be the greatest mage, right? No better way than getting an infinite source of mana to work with,"

And thus they were out the door. The first place they went to was the park. It was obviously abandoned this early in the morning, so there was no one that could been seen around the area. The master sat at the entrance, drawing up a magic circle that glowed a soft red as she began to set her trap. However, while she was setting it up, Saber would feel a certain feeling... there was a servant nearby.

Not even a minute after the feeling came over him, a voice called out to them.

"I kinda get being pragmatic and stuff, but a mana bomb at the entrance of a park? That's kinda low," Lancer sat in a tree a few feet away from them, Misaki still tied to her back. Lancer herself was currently munching on a Twinkie, and silently offering one to Misaki once more.

"Please, the odds of anyone besides Masters and Servants having enough mana to trip this bomb is virtually nil," Ciel argued, flipping the hair out of her face. "But if you want to have a fight over it...,"

The mall was within walking distance for Souta, getting there in about twenty minutes. The building of consumerism stood tall, having two stories, each inch of it with a store of some sort. Surprisingly, despite it being this early in the morning, a good portion of the stores were opened, and in fact, had quite a few people wandering the halls.

America is strange...quite strange indeed. Souta thought, immediately going into a clothing store, looking around for a few moments. "You see anything that you may want, Rider?" he muttered to himself, but was talking to his Servant.

"Personally, I have no eye for modern fashion. Perhaps if I was Lancelot, I could find something, but sadly, that is not the case. I'll just have to trust your judgement,"

Hmmm...so he isn't Lancelot...good to know. Strike that off the list. Souta thought, before nodding. "Very well..." He moved slightly and began to grab a few articles of clothing: namely some dress slacks, a white button up, a black vest to accompany it, and a pair of dress shoes. "There. These should allow you to blend in without issue." Souta then made his way towards a fitting room, opening the door. "Rider, if you please would enter here. I'll hand you the clothes and you change...I'll deal with the purchase of them."

Rider nodded and obediently manifested inside of the fitting room, taking the clothes from Souta and closing the door. With just a thought, all the armor disappeared in a flash of light, leaving only one nude man standing with some clothes. The man looked over himself with some curiosity. Honestly, it was the first time for as long as he could remember since he was ever out of his armor. His body was muscular, mostly from his training and wearing his armor twenty four seven. His brown hair was still short despite never taking a blade to it in years... likely due to being a Servant.

Honestly, it was still a bit surreal for him. Of all the knights, of any possible knight they could have pulled into the throne, he was chosen. It was so strange to him... Suddenly, a nagging feeling came over the Servant, one that was never a good feeling. "Master, you should be careful... I sense a Servant nearby," He called out, recalling his full armor, pulling out his sword, and throwing open the door.

"Are you positive of this, Rider?" Souta asked, a bit nervous but maintained his composure nevertheless.

"Yes, I'm absolutely positive,"

Damn, already? Souta thought with a nod. "Very well. We need to make sure we proceed with caution. Go to spirit form until needed, I don't need us drawing attention to ourselves."

"As you command, but be warned Master. If I can sense them, then they can certainly sense me,"

"Duly noted..." he replied, making his way now from the store. Question becomes...which Servant has found out our location?

Caster looked around the mall with a bit of a grin. He had to admit, he wished he had something like this back in his time! It was like a marketplace, but so much bigger! He looked over his shoulder, looking at his Master. He was quite the oddball to Caster. The man had such quiet mannerisms and a disinterested tone, almost as if he didn't care about... well, life in general. However, his eyes carried both the fire of a warrior, and the burden of a man many times his own age.

Perhaps this was God's plan for this war...

He didn't force his master to speak, instead making small talk the whole time. The man, Akira, didn't have too much reaction to anything he said... well, except for when he finally told him his True Name. The genuine look of both shock and awe made the whole trip worth it in his opinion. It seemed that Akira held Caster in high regard, as after that, he did his best to talk to Caster, to ask questions, and be friendly. He obviously needed some work on it, but it was a first step.

The two finally ended their aimless walk in front of a music store, one that had some instruments on display. Caster's face lit up as he ran into the store.

"I've always wanted to try modern instruments," Caster said as he picked up a bass guitar, feeling the weight of it in his hands. It felt nice, that was for sure. He began to strum a series of notes, one that Akira sworn he had heard somewhere, and was almost giving him anxiety that the payoff wasn't coming to all the buildup.

"So you like music?" Akira asked, before realizing...

"Well, I did write almost an entire book of nothing but songs," Caster chuckled, making Akira feel very stupid. Caster put down the bass and walked over to an electronic keyboard, messing with some settings before playing yet another song. It was crazy to Akira, despite the fact that there was no way Caster could have ever held one of those instruments before, the Servant was playing them perfectly. Suddenly, however, Caster stopped playing. "There's a Servant nearby," He stated before running off. Akira followed his Servant, and the two soon found themselves crashing through a clothing store, ending up in the fitting area, where Souji and Rider were. Akira, who looked over the two, sighed.

"They're not worth our time. Let's go," He moved to leave, but he was suddenly blocked by a staff that had appeared in Caster's hand.

"Hang on Master, it might be beneficial for us to stay for a bit. After all...," Caster stated before pointing the staff at Rider. "I know his True Name,"

"Don't look so down! It'll be good for team buildin' or something!" Archer said, letting out a hearty chuckle. "Speaking of team buildin', it'd probably help if I knew what yer name was."

"Astoria. Astoria Shine," She answered as she threw on her jacket. "Well... let's get going, shall we?" She said as she headed outside. Shockingly, it seemed there wasn't a bar that close by. They had to walk for a bit to find a bar, but they did finally find one, a shady looking place. Astoria grimaced at how dirty it looked. "Do I... have to go in with you?" She asked Archer. She hoped the answer was no.

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

Which Servant would it be? Souta thought, trying his best to deduce the probable culprit, namely recalling the standings of the Servants and their positions. If anything, perhaps it may be the weaker of the three Knight Classes, the Archer. If not, perhaps of the Cavalry Classes, it may be Assassin.

However, he turned slightly and saw that there were two individuals in this clothing store as well. One with reddish hair, wearing a black cloak, complete with a golden cross necklace hanging from his neck. The second, it appeared as if it was a teenager, ruddy looking, bright eyes and green hair. And given the object in the teen's hand...Archer and Assassin seemed to dwindle out of the realm of possibility.

The Caster Servant...? Or maybe the Lancer Servant? Souta thought, not budging in his position for the moment. At this point, he couldn't tell which one it might be, the stick definitely wasn't helping in the slightest. He honestly was hoping not to have a battle here and now, given the facts that, this was actually a nice clothing store, and that there were the sales associates here in the store to be caught in the crossfire.

"They're not worth our time. Let's go."

"Hang on Master, it might be beneficial for us to stay for a bit. After all...I know his True Name."

This intrigued and surprised Souta. This Servant already knew who Rider was? And this was even before any combat took place. "Rider, would this be someone you happen to be familiar with?" he asked, turning to the knight.

"I'm sorry Master, but he's not someone I recognize." Rider admitted.

"Well, that's to be expected, my fair Saber," Caster stated. "I am a great deal older than you. However, you're holding something of mine."

Souta looked at Rider, before glancing back towards Caster and his Master. "So he knows you, but in return, you don't recognize him. Nevertheless, I will say I was half expecting either Archer or Assassin to show up first, given their Servant Class statuses."

"What are your orders, Master?" Rider asked as he got into a defensive stance.

"Yes, Master, your orders?" Caster asked Akira.

"I don't care. Do whatever you want."

"Well then, in that case..." with a quick step, Caster moved towards Rider, spinning his staff.

"Tch, seems like we're doing this." Souta clenched his fists slightly. If he really knows who Rider is, then we may be at a disadvantage here, due to him knowing how he fights...this is only IF he knows him as well as he says. he thought, before nodding. "Rider, you may engage. However, I want you to take caution with him. If you need, I'll assist with my magic."

"Understood," Rider answered as he shifted his stance, swinging his sword in a wide arc. Caster grinned and held up his staff in the way of the sword. Steel met wood. A small shock-wave reverberated from the colliding blows, but wooden staff held firm, not giving way to the sword.

"Keeping a protective stance in front of your Master, very chivalrous of you," Caster commented as he leapt back. Rider however, dashed forward, chasing down Caster, who managed to always keep one step ahead of the sword swings, either by block or evading them.

"Master..." Rider's voice filled Souta's head. "The way this man wields his staff, and the movements of a hardened warrior... I believe we ran into Lancer!"

"Lancer, huh?" Souta nodded, watching the two Servants fighting like this. "Then that would make the most sense. You almost introduced yourself as Saber after the Summoning, so if he knows you, then he must be of the chivalrous type as well. Regardless, be cautious Rider..."

"Right. I am going to push him out of the store, into a more open area, so we don't harm any civilians."

"That's a good idea, Rider. The less casualties from civilians, the better...plus I think I'm liking this store." Souta nodded, tugging on his gloves slightly. "Need any assistance in the range of a burst of wind magic?"

"No, just watch yourself, just in case the other Master attacks you." Rider said as the two fighters slowly worked their way out to the exit.

"Understood, Rider." Souta responded, keeping a watchful eye on the Master, whilst also following after his own Servant.

Akira didn't make a move towards Souta, instead heading out to follow Caster. He didn't seem to acknowledge him at all in fact. This was a good thing for Souta, as it allowed him to follow after Rider as quick as possible.

The two clashing heroes finally made it out of the store, landing in the center of the empty mall. "So Lancer, what gives away my identity to you?" Rider asked as he stopped to study his opponent.

"Well, that's simple," Caster replied. "You're wielding my sword, after all Saber..." Rider froze at those words, his mind reeling. "That's right, I know who you are..."

"Galahad of the Round Table..."

CfreCuN.png

"I kinda get being pragmatic and stuff, but a mana bomb at the entrance of a park? That's kinda low."

A clever trap.

"Please, the odds of anyone besides Masters and Servants having enough mana to trip this bomb is virtually nil. But if you want to have a fight over it...,"

And the red-haired Master who was setting it up, along with her Servant. Misaki looked over the duo. Aside from the fact that one of them was a Servant, nothing seemed all that special about either of them, but that was just the way it was with mages, wasn't it? Misaki herself wasn't exactly a conspicuous person either. Was the Master of the two even worth killing? Obviously it would be a step forward to winning the Holy Grail War, but would the effort needed to defeat her while also having to keep an eye on her Servant be worth the effort?

At least for her first night, Misaki concluded that no, it would not be. After all, her checklist said she had to find an ally before killing off the other Masters. But her? She didn't look like much, even for a mage. "You would die," Misaki softly warned from her spot in the tree. "And there isn't enough space on my person for another set of bones and organs."

Although, come to think of it, a magus's brain would be an invaluable piece to have. And perhaps she could harvest something from the Servant too? Would that work? Misaki's gaze drifted away from the Master to her Servant, the girl's curiosity hitting a peak. For the time being, she rejected the offer of yet another Twinkie.

rQd9OKX.png

"Nah, I don't think so. After all, I'm sure you fought hard in your life, hard enough to become a hero! Who wouldn't want to get a reward for it all? It's certainly better than any wish I could come up with," His master sighed and scratched her cheek as she grabbed her jacket. "I just want the Grail because well... it's there. I gotta show everyone that I will be the greatest mage, right? No better way than getting an infinite source of mana to work with."

"Hm?"  Saber said, scratching his chin.  "Would the greatest mage truly take the easy way out?"  He questioned the small girl.  "And if you were truly the greatest, wouldn't others have to recognize as the greatest?  I wouldn't think a cheater as being the greatest in anything, no?  Of course...you could just kill anyone who disagreed, but I'm pretty sure you'd be the only mage at that point!"  He grinned at the girl.  "But what am I to say?  I am merely your tool!  Hoho!"  Saber stopped suddenly.  This feeling resonating from within him...another servant was extremely close.  

"I kinda get being pragmatic and stuff, but a mana bomb at the entrance of a park? That's kinda low."

"Please, the odds of anyone besides Masters and Servants having enough mana to trip this bomb is virtually nil," His mastter, Ciel argued, flipping the hair out of her face. "But if you want to have a fight over it..."

"Revealing yourself to the enemy, even with the element of surprise."  Saber stroked his chin again, nodding.  "How extremely arrogant and foolhardy."  Saber eyed the treat that the servant was munching on with interest.  "I agree, however, that the tactic itself was quite low."  He turned around to apologize to his master with clasped hands.  He then turned back with his hand on the hilt of his sword.  "I wouldn't mind a spar, instead.  After all, I'm more of a duelist than a trapper."  

MbWBF8j.png

"Astoria Shine, huh?" Archer said, scratching his chin. "A fine name, if ah do say so m'self!" He said, following the girl through the door. "Lead the way."

The bar was a bit farther away than Archer had assumed it'd be, but he didn't mind. He enjoyed looking around the place, seeing how things had changed. He was in awe as he saw the world around him, before they eventually found themselves in a rather shady looking bar. Some things never change, it would seem. Archer smirked, cracking his neck. This was something he was more accustomed too. As he started walking into the bar, however, Astoria spoke up. "Do I... have to go in with you?" Archer's smirk slightly faltered as he saw her grimace, before chuckling.

"Aw, c'mon! Y'aint about to leave this old soul drinkin' all by his lonesome self, are ya?" He said, shaking his head as he turned back towards the bar. "I'll go get us a table." He said, walking into the bar without waiting for the girl's response. Master or no master, he was getting his ale.

"Revealing yourself to the enemy, even with the element of surprise."  Saber stroked his chin again, nodding.  "How extremely arrogant and foolhardy. I agree, however, that the tactic itself was quite low."  He turned around to apologize to his master with clasped hands. Ciel just puffed out her cheeks before sticking out her tongue. He then turned back with his hand on the hilt of his sword.  "I wouldn't mind a spar, instead.  After all, I'm more of a duelist than a trapper." 

Lancer sat there, chewing on her snack before turning to her Master. "So, what do you think of a spar? I could stand to stretch my legs,"

"If we spar, it would be best if we went directly for the kill, to thin out enemy numbers. Maybe."

"I gueeeeeess so...," Lancer muttered. "I'm not sure if I can, but I'll try to make it happen,"

"If we can't kill them, we should make them allies after a sparring match." Misaki hopped doown from the tree first, the bags in her hands rattling loudly as she made a shaky landing. From within the bags, bones that added up to one whole human skeleton minus a skull rised up, before surrounding Misaki like a half-assed suit of armor. The matching skull, meanwhile, hovered just behind Misaki's shoulder.

"Yeah, that's still vaguely demonic," Lancer stated as she slipped into a stance, holding out her hands, as a simple red bo staff materialized in her hands. "Servant, Lancer will be your opponent today!" She called out as she dashed at Saber, spinning her staff and jabbing it at Saber's gut.

"Galahad of the Round Table..."  the Rider shifted in his stance ever so slightly, his grip tightening on the sword.

"I'm honored to be mistaken for such a legendary knight, but I apologize, good sir, that is not me," Rider admitted. "Call me but a petty thief, but this is Galahad's sword, not mine,"

"If you were Galahad, you wouldn't lie, especially not about something like that, so it seems I have no choice but to believe you," Caster stated with a sigh, spinning his staff. "And here I was feeling so proud of myself," He dashed forward, swinging his staff in a wide arc, which Rider easily blocked. However, Caster threw out a kick, hitting the stomach of the Rider and pushing him back. Rider quickly recovered, but before he could press the attack, Caster held out his hand, and three balls of energy formed behind him, each firing off at Rider, one at a time.

Rider sliced the first one with his sword, before moving to the side and dodging the second one, and doing an adept flip over the last one, closing the distance between the two with every dodge. He landed from his flip and swung downwards towards Caster, who simply backed away. The sword crashed into the floor, kicking up dust and shattering the tile, debris flying into the air. Caster swiped some of the debris out of the air and leapt back, putting more distance between the two fighters.

As this all happened, Akira just watched the two fighting, his face emotionless. He still made no move towards Souta, more interested in how the fight was going. At this late night hour, not many people were around, but those that were all stopped to watch the fight, some people clamoring about a movie filming or something of the like. However, everyone suddenly stopped, filled with curiosity to the sudden booming noise that came from above them, echoing across the whole mall. The fighting between the two servants stopped as well, another loud boom being heard.

"I don't like this...," Rider muttered, to which Caster agreed, both of their gazes turning to their masters. One final loud boom was heard, and glass and chunks of the ceiling suddenly rained down on the crowds below, as a figure suddenly crashed in front of the two masters.

The Final Class

The man that had landed in front of them was tall, so tall he towered over everyone in the mall, standing over eight feet tall. His skin was dark, suggesting he was of African descent, and his body could easily be describe as 'all muscle'. He wore no shirt, leaving his chest bare for all to see. He had overalls, however, the straps covering his nipples, thankfully protecting the minds of the young children. His hair was short, done in a buzz cut, and on his shoes were heavy duty boots.

"It's time to get to work!" He announced, his voice deep and booming. In his hand appeared a giant sledgehammer, and he swung at the two masters horizontally.

"Master!" The other two servants called out. Caster pulled out a harp, and quickly strummed it. Akira's world suddenly slowed down, and he could clearly see the hammer coming his way. He leapt up, landing on the sledgehammer and kicked off it, getting distance between him and the new man. Souta was not so lucky. However, before the hammer could hit him, Rider threw out his hand and yelled,

"Obscurant Wall of Chalk!!" A barrier suddenly appeared around the Master of Rider, one that stopped the hammer cold in its tracks. 

"Seems like the sneak attack was a failure...," a new voice called out from behind them. There stood a boy, looking only a little older than Souta. He wore a long sleeved black shirt with jeans, with fingerless gloves and a black hat covering his white hair. "I guess we should introduce ourselves then...," He said, his voice sounding disinterested. "I am Drake Mercury... and that is Berserker...,"

"Aw, c'mon! Y'aint about to leave this old soul drinkin' all by his lonesome self, are ya?" He said, shaking his head as he turned back towards the bar. "I'll go get us a table." Astoria sighed to herself as she followed the Heroic Spirit inside of the bar. The bar almost looked like it was out of some B movie, with shady people sitting in shady places, chugging on their drinks. She felt really out of place here, with her prim and proper attitude.

She sat at the table Archer had picked for them, watching as he ordered a drink from the bar. She sighed and stared at the wall, hoping to ignore everyone else, but it seemed it wouldn't be that easy.

"Hey, baby... whazza pretty gurl like yaself doin' in a bar like this?" Some of the more drunk patrons were standing by her, leering at her and undressing her with their eyes. She groaned and laid her head on the table. 

"Save me Archer...," She muttered.

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

"I'm honored to be mistaken for such a legendary knight, but I apologize, good sir, that is not me. Call me but a petty thief, but this is Galahad's sword, not mine."

"If you were Galahad, you wouldn't lie, especially not about something like that, so it seems I have no choice but to believe you. And here I was feeling so proud of myself."

As quickly as the supposed guess of Rider's identity appeared, it was dismissed in the next moment. But if this "Lancer" knew that the blade was indeed Galahad's sword, or more accurately, the "Lancer's" sword...then who was he? Research may have to be done on what blade Galahad happened to wield...but something that can easily be done later. he thought, still watching the battle take place, still doing his best to eye the "Lancer's" Master who seemed more interested in the battle.

Then...it happened.

A loud boom...and then another...and then another...before now a rather large man of African descent landed before him and the Master of Lancer, before noticing the giant sledgehammer now appearing in his hand. Souta's eyes began to go wide at this point.

"It's time to get to work!"

"Master!"

Souta felt himself tensing up for a moment. He could see the "Lancer" pulling out some sort of harp and strummed it, before seeing his Master now jumping out of the way via the sledgehammer almost like it was nothing. Him on the other hand, he could see the sledgehammer getting closer and closer to him. He barely had anytime...in fact he had no time whatsoever. Not a single moment to cast any of his Wind or Fire magic.

"Obscurant Wall of Chalk!!"

The young man heard Rider call this out, and suddenly watched as a strange barrier began to form and materialize around him. He was also surprised by how well this barrier worked, as the hammer this large man swung was stopped even before it ever hit him. "T-Thanks for the save...Rider..." Souta said to Rider, before beginning to back away from this newcomer. However he was only the first.

"Seems like the sneak attack was a failure...I guess we should introduce ourselves then...I am Drake Mercury... and that is Berserker..."

"B-Berserker?!" Souta exclaimed, already moving back towards Rider. Damnit...I wasn't expecting us to see the Berserker class Servant yet! Tch...just my damn luck. He looked at Drake Mercury and his Servant before looking over at Rider. "Rider...not sure if this will go well at all. Should we make a retreat? I wasn't anticipating the Berserker Servant to pop out of nowhere at this point...the others, that's something we could handle...Berserkers? I highly doubt it."

"I'm sorry Master, but retreating is not in the cards. I am a knight first and foremost, and I can not allow him to run rampant," Rider rushed over, his sword catching the light and shining as he leapt over the Berserker, landing right in front of the giant. "Have at you!"

He swung his sword at Berserker, aiming at one of his legs, but before the sword connected, a hammer hit him in the side and sent him flying across the mall.

"RIDER!!!" Souta shouted, watching the knight being sent flying across the mall. "Damnit..." He now had two options: either run after Rider to check on his Servant...or act like a fool and possibly get killed in the process in attack Berserker. Of course, he chose the option in where he would live. Souta began to run in the direction Rider was sent flying....not knowing what was about to befall him.

"Berserker," Drake said simply. The mountain of a man turned, and took a mighty leap into the air, hammer poised to crush Souta like a bug.

Before he even got close however, a piece of debris streaked through the air, nailing Berserker in the face and throwing him off course. "Oops, my hand slipped," Caster stated as he bounced some more debris in his hand. Berserker growled and charged at Caster, like a train rushing at a small rabbit. Caster, however, pulled out his harp once more and began to strum it expertly, a soothing song filling the air. Berserker slowed down, listening to the music.

"What a pretty song...," the giant said, closing his eyes and sitting down.

"This won't last forever, so you better hurry!" Caster called out.

"...thank you." Souta simply said, nodding at the "Lancer". He didn't know why he suddenly helped him out like this, but he did figure...Berserker was the larger threat at this point. With Berserker out of commission for the moment, Souta made a mad dash in the direction of Rider.

Rider had landed in some sort of sporting store, the armored man dusting himself off and standing up. "What a strong man. He must have done something incredible in life to have earned such strength...,"

Souta sighed, seeing Rider dusting himself off as he shook his head. "Most likely, but at the moment, "Lancer" has him subdued." he began to explain. "If he didn't, I most likely wouldn't have made it to you. Now, what is your plan of dealing with him? Running back out there and strike at him again?"

"Of course not," Rider stated as he looked at one of the walls. "I am Rider after all... It is time to fight like it," he grabbed a skateboard off the wall and ran off. "I shall return this!" He called out to a worker before he jumped up, landing on the skateboard and rolled towards his target.

"R-Rider!!" Souta shouted after the knight, watching him return towards the group with a skateboard. He let out a sigh as he placed his hand on his face. ...what even? he thought, before running after the knight yet again.

"I must say, my man," Berserker suddenly said to Caster. "You play such beautiful music. Why, if you were with us back in the day, I'm sure we would gave gotten our work done a hundred times faster!" Berserker's face was calm and gentle, looking like a kind man instead of the scary monster he was being not even a minute ago.

"Well, thank you. This is just one of the gifts God gave to me,"

"Oh, a man of God? Well then, lemme say, it's an honor to meet you," Berserker said, extending his hand for a handshake.

Caster looked at it, and tentatively reached out, shaking the mighty man's Drake sighed as he watched his Berserker being subdued by the magic music. "Berserker," Drake stated. "It's time to get to work."

At the word "work", Berserker's face suddenly changed, snapping from the kind man back into the ferocious monster. With a roar, he lifted Caster into the air, squeezing his hand and causing Caster to cry out in pain.

"Berserker!" Rider called out, using his foot to propel himself forward. Berserker turned, roaring at Rider and throwing Caster at him. Rider simply performed a flip kick, lifting himself into the air and catching Caster, who he placed on the ground the moment he touched the floor again.

Berserker, who didn't seem so happy about that, looked around, finding a car that was on display. He walked over, picking it up and throwing it at Rider. Rider simply leapt into the air, leaving the skateboard on the ground as he landed on the car. He then gathered his energy and took a massive leap off the car, the force of his takeoff forcing the car to smash back into the ground, far away from anyone else. Despite his heavy armor, Rider began to deftly spin in the air, before gracefully landing back on the skateboard as it rolled out from under the car.

Enraged, Berserker simply took his hammer and wound up, spinning it while aiming. After a few tense seconds, Berserker threw it with all his might at Rider, the hammer flying across the mall like a missile. Rider simply put his foot down and pushed forward again, having his skateboard speed up to meet the hammer. When they threatened to collide with each other, Rider performed another kick-flip with his skateboard, this time landing on the handle of the hammer, which he began to grind on for a second before leaping off into the air again, spinning with the skateboard.

"Invisible... Air!" He called out as a sudden burst of wind propelled him forward, allowing him to fly across the mall and smash into Berserker's face, skateboard first. He then kicked off the board, landing on the ground.

Souta, needless to say, stood there dumbfounded at the display that Rider did with this skateboard. But what truly got him...was the declaration of the ability Invisible Air. That was a Wind magic type...which actually got his gears turning. "A-Amazing..."

Berserker grabbed the skateboard on his face and threw it to the side, roaring as he went to grapple with Rider. Rider reached out, locking his hands with Berserker's as they struggled to overpower the other... A contest Rider was sorely losing, as Berserker began to push him back effortlessly.

Tch...this is getting us nowhere... Souta thought, gritting his teeth slightly. In a game and contest of strength, Rider doesn't stand a chance against Berserker...I may have to assist him...just as soon as I get an opening.
Edited by Chaos Sonic

1vW4Ygm.png

"Yeah, that's still vaguely demonic. Servant, Lancer will be your opponent today!"

Combat. This, Misaki knew. Aside from magecraft, it was just about all she was good for. However, this was not to be a fight to the death. Misaki had to keep her attacks non-lethal. She could manage that much. A spark of life suddenly lit up in the Master's eyes, as her posture straightened out and she moved a hand over the teeth of the skull floating just behind her. Its teeth were sharper by the time she'd removed her hand.

"This won't be a fight to the death," Misaki declared, as Lancer took the initiative between herself and Saber. "I'm supposed to be looking for a Master to ally myself with; not killing the rest of you off as early as the first night. I'll judge if you're strong enough to be a worthy ally, unknown Master. While our Servants spar with each other, let us do the same. I am Misaki Shirai of the reputable Shirai family, specializing in the use of flesh and blood magic. Make sure you hold nothing back, because I won't pull any punches that wouldn't kill you."

With that, taking a few extra steps back away from the fight between the Servants, Misaki thrust her arms upward, pulling from the nearby ground the tree that she and Lancer had been on just moments ago, sending it lobbing up and over the Servant sparring match, on a crash course to just behind this other Master.

This was certainly more in her comfort zone than summoning a Heroic Spirit.

rQd9OKX.png

"Servant, Lancer will be your opponent today!"

As Lancer dashed to close the gap, a wide grin couldn't help but creep against his cheeks.  He hadn't partaken in a duel in quite some time, that he had almost forgotten to parry the attack aimed for his center.  Saber gripped at his hilt, and drew it in an instant, his sword clashing against the staff with a clang.  Her power was great, as he could feel the reverberations run their way up his blade, to his hilt, and straight into his arm.  This would be a truly great warm up for the war to come.  Taking a look over to his Master, he caught sight of her magic.  At first, he stared in awe, only cringing slightly at the sight of how spooky it seemed.  It must've been only a second he had taken his eyes off the battle, but it would be rude not to give Lancer a greeting as well.  He turned back to meet her fiery gaze and smiled.  

"And Saber, yours!"  With some effort, he deflected the attack entirely, and adjusted his blade to be in a more favorable position.  "¡Vamos, Lancer!  Let us dance!"  Saber retorted, stepping towards her and thrusting his sword at her chest.  

MbWBF8j.png

He grinned as he saw the girl sit at one of the tables from the corner of his eye. The place was full of shady people, which Archer wasn't too pleased with, but he tried not to mind it too much - as long as they left him and his master alone, they'd get along just fine. He turned his full attention to the bar tender. "Get me a mug of yer finest ale." He said, reaching into his pocket and pulling out the cash that Astoria had given him earlier. With a nod, the bar keep grabbed the cash and turned around. "Thank ye kindly." He said, clicking his tongue as he gave the person a finger gun. He turned around to go back to his seat, when he noticed a group of drunken creeps ogling Astoria. The servant scowled, storming his way back towards the table with a faux grin on his face.

When he got there, he slammed his arm onto the table, standing right behind the man that was closest to Astoria. "'scuse me." He simply said, grabbing the man by the shoulder. "If ya don't mind, I'd like to spend time with my associate here in peace." He glanced at the rest of the crowd. "Y'all better be movin' along on yer own way." He turned back to the first guy, flashing him a grin. "Else we're gonna have a problem." While it would be better for everyone if they headed his warning, he both knew and wanted them to start a ruckus. He always did enjoy a good bar fight.

"And Saber, yours!"  Lancer grinned as Saber parried her attack. "¡Vamos, Lancer!  Let us dance!"  Saber retorted, stepping towards her and thrusting his sword at her chest.  Lancer bounced back, getting out of the sword's range before performing a backflip, spinning in the air as she dropped her staff, which stood tall and proud like a pole, which she then sat on top of.

"Wow, going straight for these puppies, huh?" Lancer asked as she grabbed one of her sizable breasts and shook it for emphasis. "I mean, I know they're nice, but the first move is going for a feel? At least take me to dinner first," She teased. She then did a front flip off of the staff, grabbing it as she flipped down, bringing down the staff down towards Saber's head.

Meanwhile, the two Masters faced off which each other. It was almost a ridiculous notion to normal mages, but these two weren't normal mages, not in the slightest.

"This won't be a fight to the death," Misaki declared, as Lancer took the initiative between herself and Saber. "I'm supposed to be looking for a Master to ally myself with; not killing the rest of you off as early as the first night. I'll judge if you're strong enough to be a worthy ally, unknown Master. While our Servants spar with each other, let us do the same. I am Misaki Shirai of the reputable Shirai family, specializing in the use of flesh and blood magic. Make sure you hold nothing back, because I won't pull any punches that wouldn't kill you."

"Is that supposed to scare me?" Ciel asked, faking a yawn. "I'm Ciel Argus of the Argus family. Ya know, one of the three families big enough and with enough magic knowledge to make this Murder Kill Death game," She cocked an eyebrow. "Honestly, you think you'd think someone like you would try to hide the fact they were from that cheat of a family. But whatever," She took out a knife, spinning it around and cutting her palm, letting her blood spill on the ground. As she did, the grass grew a little taller, and vines began to grow out of the ground. "You have to do better than that," Ciel stated, the vines lashing out and wrapping up the tree, suspending it up in the air.

Rider grunted as he struggled against Berserker's overwhelming strength, rapidly losing his little sumo match. "M-Master! How many... how many people are in this establishment?" He called out to his master.

"...Good question." Souta muttered, looking around, his eyes darting back and forth for a few moments. He could see there was a small crowd, not too many people, but a few. "Can't...get a direct number." Souta said, his fists clenching slightly. "Let's say, quite a few. What are you planning, Rider?"

"If we let Berserker run wild, then they'd be in danger, correct?" Rider asked, ignoring his Master's question.

"Yeah...they would." Souta responded, shaking his head. "Again, what are you planning, Rider?"

"Then as a knight... I can't... let him run wild!" Rider declared as a golden glow began to surround his body, the rate that he was being pushed back rapidly slowing down. "Master, I'm about to take a big chunk of mana, forgive me," He declared as the golden glow became a golden aura.

"...Not like I was using it right now anyway..." Souta made the comment, looking at Rider, noticing the golden glow. Wait...i-is...is he serious?! Don't tell me he's using his Noble Phantasm!! Damnit! If he uses it now, two different Masters will begin to figure out his identity...of which I still don't know of! he thought, biting his lip slightly. Caster sat up from the spot where he was placed down, and looked up to see Akira.

"So, you still want to fight?" Akira asked emotionlessly. Caster sighed to himself as he stood up.

"Well, I can't let a knight outshine me. What kind of example would I be setting?" he asked. Akira nodded, just accepting the answer as he moved to watch Rider and Berserker.

"Looks like we're about to see a Noble Phantasm," The master mentioned as if it was a normal thing.

"That golden glow? No, I wouldn't say it's a Noble Phantasm," Caster replied. Rider suddenly let out a yell, draining Souta of some mana as a huge blast of wind shot out in all directions, the winds so strong it would be hard for those too close to not be blown away. With a sudden large boost of strength, Rider pulled Berserker closer and then suddenly threw him, causing the giant to fly back towards the entrance of the mall. Rider then pounced forward, nearly vanishing from everyone's sight, taking his sword and slashing Berserker across the chest, the giant roaring in pain as the sword cut across his bare chest.

"A Mana Burst of some kind?" Drake piped up for the first time. "How troublesome...," Akira looked over at Drake, his mind working overtime. Despite the fact Berserker took damage, Drake didn't seem worried, and that bothered the battle hardened mage. Something was up.

"Caster. Help Rider push Berserker outside, and then put him down," Akira ordered. "Do it fast...,"

"So you think so to?" Caster muttered. "Very well, let's take him down before any funny business can happen," With that, the green haired mage took off, conjuring magic balls as he went to meet up with Rider. Akira walked over to Souta.

"Can you fight?" He asked. "That other Master is up to something, and we need to distract him so he can't put that plan into effect. Can you help or not?"

"'scuse me." Astoria looked up to see her savior, Archer standing behind the ones hitting on her. "If ya don't mind, I'd like to spend time with my associate here in peace." He glanced at the rest of the crowd. "Y'all better be movin' along on yer own way." He turned back to the first guy, flashing him a grin. "Else we're gonna have a problem." Astoria then groaned. Nope, Archer wasn't a savior, he was a menace!

"'Ey man, back the hell off! She's free game!" One of the men yelled. Suddenly though, a bottle flew out from the crowd and struck the drunken man in the back of the head. "Who did that?!" He roared, soon rushing to the crowd, a bar fight breaking out. Astoria sighed to herself.

"Maybe I should start drinking...," She muttered.

"I dunno, I don't think Teach would like that," An all too familiar voice said from right next to her. She froze up. No, there was no way... it couldn't be. She slowly turned, and to her horror, it was true.

Arash was sitting next to her, eating from a box of Chinese food.

"Yo, Astoria," He said before taking another bite of his food.

"Archer, fire a warning shot," Astoria said in a deadpan but all too serious voice. It seemed she really wanted to fire at this man.

"... I get the feeling you're mad at me about something," Arash commented after stopping to process what she said.

"Livid,"

1vW4Ygm.png

"I'm Ciel Argus of the Argus family. Ya know, one of the three families big enough and with enough magic knowledge to make this Murder Kill Death game,. Honestly, you'd think someone like you would try to hide the fact they were from that cheat of a family. But whatever."

Cheat of a family? This was the first Misaki was hearing of anything like that. The Argus family, however, Misaki had heard of before. They were supposed to be pretty impressive. This girl in particular had effortlessly discarded the tree Misaki had launched. So she was capable of at least that much. Being used to only dueling it out with mages significantly weaker than herself, Misaki had to admit, she was surprised. It would have been much easier to use her family's magic to simply rip Ciel's body apart and call it a day, but alas, that wasn't an option. This wasn't supposed to be a fight to the death, and even if it was, the other mage's own magical circuits would interfere. Against mages, that sort of approach simply wouldn't work.

But what was this about the Shirai family being cheats? That accusation was bugging her.

There would be time to worry about that later. For now, Misaki had to focus on her opponent. If she could get in near Ciel, then get her hands on some of the girl's blood... yes, that could work. It probably wouldn't be that simple though. She had to be careful against unknown opponents. Rather than another attack on the scale of that tree... yes. New plan. Misaki dispersed the bones surrounding her body, reuniting them with the sharp-toothed skull to form a whole skeleton again. From her pockets, Misaki then procured a knife. Clearly not meant for cutting vegetables. It was just a small cut along the palm of her hand, but with magic like hers, causing blood to rush to and gush out of even a small cut was child's play, as if she'd cut off the entire arm instead. Much of it flowed into the skeleton's hands, hardening and darkening into the form of a battleaxe, while the rest circled around Misaki herself. And then, the attacks resumed.

As if it were a puppet being yanked by its strings, the skeleton rushed forward, darting right past the two Servants as it closed in on and swung its axe at Ciel. Misaki, meanwhile, stayed back, sharpening the blood she kept for herself into a handful of spear-like projectiles. She opened fire, lobbing the spears up and over the fight, aiming at the ground just behind Ciel, rather than directly at her.

"I don't know what this is about a cheat of a family, but I'm not weak like the rest of them."

rQd9OKX.png

As his thrust sang through the air, Lancer did the most sensible thing and backed away from his attack.  Her display of agility and acrobatics was quite impressive.  She managed to stand her staff upright, while simultaneously landing on the top of it.  He smiled when she landed, stroking his chin with intrigue.

"Wow, going straight for these puppies, huh?" Lancer asked as she fondled her rather impressive specimen of a breast. "I mean, I know they're nice, but the first move is going for a feel? At least take me to dinner first," She teased. As soon as she had finished her flirtations, she did another flip.  This time, leaping forward, she grabbed her pole and swung it with incredible force towards Saber's head.  He could feel a bead of sweat drip from his forehead, as he went to parry the attack.  He braced the underside of his sword with his offhand as well, bracing even more than usual.  When the staff met the metal, the reverberations shook him to his core.  His legs almost buckled, as the ground where he stood caved into itself.  His arms quivered as he held his sword against his assailant's weapon.

"A man of faith, such as myself, would never dare attack a woman sexually.  I see you as a worthy opponent, mi amor!"  He made his strength surge forth, repelling Lancer's staff into the air, while also kicking off the ground and gaining distance.  He traced the blade of his sword with his offhand, as the blade began to glow.  Slicing only the air, Saber's blade let out a shot of light that traveled quickly to meet Lancer.  "That being said, are you free later?"

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

"Can you fight? That other Master is up to something, and we need to distract him so he can't put that plan into effect. Can you help or not?"

The young man adjusted his blazer slightly and ran his hand through his ivory hair. "I noticed that look on his face as well. I can fight, don't worry about that." he replied, his hand resting on the hilt of his rapier that was at his side. "A truce then to take care of Berserker...I'll agree. What is it you have in mind?"

"Simple. We beat up on Drake over there until Berserker is defeated," Akira stated as he began to crack his knuckles and walk towards Drake.

"Oh? You're approaching me?" Drake asked. "Instead of running away, you're coming right to me?"

"I can't beat the shit out of you without getting closer," Akira replied flatly. Drake sighed in response.

"Then come as close as you'd like," Drake answered, holding up his hand and producing a black flame.

Souta exhaled slowly, adjusting his gloves slightly as he too began to approach Drake, noticing the black flame in his hand. "Fire Magic? Well this is quite an interesting match." he said, slowly unsheathing his rapier. "Reinforcement..." he muttered, his rapier glowing slightly with magic, now growing sharper and more sturdy. He moved slightly into a stance, preparing and waiting for the moment to strike.

Meanwhile, Akira had taken up a traditional Bajiquan stance, staring down his opponent while reaching into his black robe. "On the count of three," Akira said calmly to Souta. "1...." Drake noticed the two getting ready and held up his other hand, producing yet another black flame. "2...," Akira had some time to move slightly ahead of Souta, somehow not making a sound as he did. "3!" With that, Akira whipped his hand out of his robe, throwing two thin blades barely a meter long that resembled resembling a rapier at Drake.

Souta moved as well, immediately thrusting the rapier towards Drake's side, thus now having three blades coming into direct contact with him.

Drake swung one of his hands, making a wave of black flames that instantly turned the Black Keys into ash, but while he was focused on the projectiles, he wasn't focused on Souta, who had almost landed the hit on him, but Drake did see him in the last second, and used a quick blast of the black flame to push himself away from Souta. He then went to throw a black fireball at Souta, but Akira suddenly appeared in front of Souta and punched the fireball out of existence.

"...very much appreciated." Souta nodded, causing Wind Magic to disperse around him to stop the black fire from burning him. "If that's the case, then I suppose it's time for this." he said, holding his rapier up towards his face. With an exhale, he moved slightly and began to now engulf the blade in a fiery red flame. "And now...have at you!" he shouted, proceeding to swing and jab the bladed weapon towards Drake.

Drake backed up slowly from Souta's onslaught, the wall behind him slowly catching up to him. Finally, one of Souta's jabs threatened to break through Drake's defenses, but before it could make contact with Drake's body, the mage moved his hand in the way, which the blade hit... and suddenly felt a sudden resistance, not cutting through the skin like one would expect.

Akira however took the opportunity to step in front of Souta and hit Drake square in the abdomen with his fist. There was a resounding boom as the attack landed, and Drake slid back. While the force of the attack caused the black flame mage to be forced back, it didn't seem to actually hurt him take much. Akira looked down at his hand and back up to Drake.

"Change of plans."

Souta was shocked, to say the least, about Drake's sudden resistance. He knew the attack hit, but he expected the cut of skin...however there was none. He glanced at Drake, then back at Akira. "...what's the change in plan?" he asked, moving back slightly, bringing the blade down to his side.

"We're running away," Akira stated in a deadpan tone.

Souta looked at Akira and only gave a firm nod. "To be quite truthful...in a situation such as this...that plan happens to be the best one." he immediately began to sheath his rapier, backing away a bit more.

"Yeah, we're not ready for him. I've fought many things in my time, and I can tell... He's not human."

"Not even human? Then what even..." Souta was about to ask, but quickly silenced himself. "...a question for another time. I can most likely buy us time for the escape..."

"Not likely," Akira stated. "Get going," He said as he sprang forward and punched Drake in the gut.

"Fair enough." Souta only nodded, before turning on his heel and immediately running in the opposite direction. "Rider! "Lancer's" Master and myself are exiting this battle with Berserker's Master. Something...something isn't right with him." he thought to Rider, giving his Servant a heads-up.