Sign in to follow this  
Saikazo

Fate/Ultima Bellum[IC/PG-16/Not Accepting]

MbWBF8j.png

Archer let out a laugh as the man answered back at him. However, before he could respond, someone had thrown a bottle at the mans head. He watched as the man that had glassed the man walked towards Astoria. She seemed to know who this Arash fella was, and she didn't seem at all pleased to see him. "Now miss..." He said, placing his hand on the gun on his waist. "...I ain't sure who this feller is, or what bad blood yall have. But I ain't about to cause a shoot out in an establishment such as this." He gave the man a deathly glare. "At least not unprovoked." 

"Where are my manners?" He grinned, taking his hand off of his weapon and extending his arm towards Arash. "The name's Archer." He glanced back to Astoria. "All said and done, me and my associate should be headin' out."

Lancer watched as Saber took her staff head on, grinning as the ground caved around them. Saber managed to stand his ground and push back, sending her away from her opponent while also backing away. He then sent some sort energy wave at her.

"A man of faith, such as myself, would never dare attack a woman sexually.  I see you as a worthy opponent, mi amor!"  He explained as he fired the beam. "That being said, are you free later?"

Lancer took her staff, landing on the ground before spinning the staff like a propeller in front of her, the staff meeting the energy wave head on and dissipating it. "Well, that depends on how things go between our masters, doesn't it?" she asked as she stopped spinning her staff and dashed at Saber. She held her staff much like a spear, using its longer reach to swiftly swing at his left side, all while keeping herself out of his sword's reach.

"I don't know what this is about a cheat of a family, but I'm not weak like the rest of them."

Ciel watched as Misaki launched her next attack, nodding a little to herself, taking note exactly what and how Misaki was doing her magic. The spears fell towards the ground, and Ciel snapped her fingers. The vines wrapped around the tree shuddered, and the deftly moved, using the tree as a shield from the spears. With another snap, the vines then redirected the tree, slamming it on top of the skeleton warrior. At least she hoped they did, she wasn't a hundred percent sure the plan succeeded.

"Well, you certainly are more straightforward than the rest of them. Tell me, is any of your family hiding somewhere around here to shoot me in the back while I'm not looking?" She half taunted, half asked as she watched for Misaki's reaction.

When Souta ran outside, he could see that the parking lot was turned into a warzone, the place littered with craters. Caster was firing off magic balls of energy from his staff that Berserker mindlessly charged through, yelling like the mad man he was. He swung his hammer, only for it to meet Rider's sword, the collision of the two weapons causing a small shockwave to rock the area. Caster then leapt on Rider's shoulder, leaping off of them as the green haired lad flew through the air, pointing his staff downwards at Berserker's face and firing a magic blast point blank into its face.

The giant of a man backed up, roaring in pain before Rider dashed forward, letting out a battle cry as he stabbed his sword straight into the man's chest. The sword cut its way inside like a hot knife would cut through butter, piercing the servant's heart. The giant roared once more, before his eyes closed, and he fell backwards, landing on the ground with a massive boom.

"Now miss..." Astoria looked up at Archer. He was here now, he'd get her out of this problem! "...I ain't sure who this feller is, or what bad blood yall have. But I ain't about to cause a shoot out in an establishment such as this." Astoria groaned in frustration, which caused Arash to chuckled a little. However, Archer then gave the man a deathly glare. "At least not unprovoked." Arash didn't say anything in the presence of the glare. He didn't want to seem threatening. "Where are my manners?" He grinned, taking his hand off of his weapon and extending his arm towards Arash. "The name's Archer." He glanced back to Astoria. "All said and done, me and my associate should be headin' out."

Arash grinned, reaching out and shaking Archer's hand. "Gotta go already? Well, I guess that can't be helped. Just take care of Astoria, okay? She acts tough, but she gets over her head pretty easily,"

"You sure you won't shoot him?" Astoria muttered. She looked up, sighing to herself. "Well, since you know I have Archer, you better at least tell me who you summoned in exchange," She said. "That's only fair, right?" She looked around for anyone that could vaguely look like a servant.

"I suppose you're right," Arash stated, letting go of Archer's hand. "I summoned Assassin. He didn't want to come into the place. Something about alcohol not being good for a warrior's body. I... I don't think Heroic Spirits are affected by that kinda thing though...," He muttered as he scratched his cheek.

"How interesting," Astoria stated, obviously not interested. "Anyways, Archer and I should get going now!" She said as she grabbed Archer's hand and did her best to drag Archer outside. Once outside, she sighed to herself. "I can't believe he got tangled up in all this... even in a Holy War I can't away from him. Can tonight get any worse?"

The sound of a sudden resounding boom filled the air, Astoria's head snapping up. "What was that?!"

"Seems like there's a fight at the nearby mall," A voice piped up from above. Sitting on the roof of the establishment was Assassin. "If you want some action tonight, it doesn't seem like the fighting's over just yet,"

Edited by Are You Okay?

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

When Souta arrived outside of the mall, he watched the teamwork that was displayed between "Lancer" and Rider. It was quite the display, one that he was actually glad to get to see with his own eyes. Heroic Spirits...they were truly a marvel at their sheer strength and prowess. Watching Berserker fall after Rider's quick strike, put his soul at ease for the moment.

"Rider. We need to get moving." Souta moved quickly towards Rider, being cautious to stay away from the knocked out Berserker. "Berserker's Master, Drake,..."Lancer's" Master said something was different about him. We need to make a hasty retreat."

"We can not leave the man behind to fight such a foe then," Rider said as he sheathed his sword.

"I mean, I'm pretty sure I can get my Master out of that pinch," Caster piped up.

"If you say so. I suppose with Berserker gone, that master if far less dangerous now," Rider looked to Souta. "Where to now?"

"A good question..." Souta put his hand to his chin before glancing at "Lancer" for a moment. "...I have a thought. "Lancer", if and when your Master returns from keeping Drake at bay, would it be possible that you can find me and Rider? At this point, whereas you and Rider may have initiated battle, end result is that we've been put together against Berserker. So perhaps a truce?"

"I will see what my master has to say, but I do believe a truce would...," Caster trailed off as the moon was blocked off by a huge figure... The form of Berserker stood over the three, a gaping hole in his chest. The giant roared in rage and grabbed both servants, tossing them up into the air.

"Shit...already back up?" Souta exclaimed, backing up quite a bit. "Shouldn't be possible...RIDER!" This was bad...VERY bad. Souta was in a predicament he had really thought of before, but was one of the scenarios he wished never was the case. Out of all the Servants to be before him right now, giving his own Servant trouble, pretty much the STRONGEST one out of the seven cardinal classes. It appeared that even between a "Lancer" and a Rider class, Berserker was still strong enough. Furthermore, he wasn't sure where the other Master was.

D-Damnit...this isn't looking good at all. he thought, his hands clenching tightly into fists. ...how the hell are we supposed to take care of this?

1vW4Ygm.png

Spears, blocked. Skeleton, crushed. This girl might be a problem. Was this what being evenly matched felt like? She wasn't sure how to feel about it overall, but Misaki knew one thing. She would have to work on her approaches to battle. If this fight was anything to go by.

"Well, you certainly are more straightforward than the rest of them. Tell me, is any of your family hiding somewhere around here to shoot me in the back while I'm not looking?"

"No," Misaki answered. "If I had to rely on them to win, it would invalidate my reason for joining this Holy Grail War at all. That's what I was told." This was bad. Not a position Misaki had expected to end up in so soon. And after she'd taken such care to harvest those bones! Surely, she could figure out a way to use them in their crushed state. There had to be some advantage Misaki had here, though...

Of course!

"Your mana won't last forever," Misaki observed. "Everyone runs out at some point and has to recharge. Winning is as simple as stalling you out until then, especially in a non-fatal battle."

rQd9OKX.png

"Well, that depends on how things go between our masters, doesn't it?"  Lancer came charging at him once more, flourishing her staff and gaining momentum.  After she approached, keeping her distance betwixt them, she swung at his side.  He went to parry her strike, but the angle was awkward, and her speed proved to get the better of him.  The staff shoved itself between his waist and his rib cage, rattling him to his core, and sending him flying to the side.  He caught himself mid air, and managed to land gracefully.  However, when his foot touched the ground, he could feel a very real, sharp pain strike at his core.  Curses were sent flying through his brain.  

"What a strike."  He smiled, pointing his sword out in front of him with one hand, setting his guard position.  "I'm at a slight disadvantage fighting you, but that won't stop me from winning this bout.  After all, my master is the one who will win this war."  He taunted Lancer with his off hand, begging her to come closer.  "Are you tired?  Or would you like to continue our baile caliente!?"  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

MbWBF8j.png

"Assassin' huh?" He said, scratching his chin. It would seem this guy was also a Master. Archer simply chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Alcohol ain't good for a warrior's body? Ridiculous!" He said, ready to take seat one again. However, he felt Astoria grab his hand and was practically dragging him out of the bar. "Aw, and here I thought we were startin' to get chummy." He grumbled, stepping out the bar but not before giving Arash a wave goodbye.

"So why don't ya like that fellah again? He seemed-" Archer was cut off by what sounded like a thunderous boom. "What the devil!?" He said, before turning up to Assassin, who had informed them that a fight was brewing at the mall. "Outta the fryin' pan, and into the flames." He said grimly, although he wore an excited grin on his face. He turned to Astoria. "Why don't we go pay the mall a visit? All this talk 'bout shootin's got me trigger finger itchin'." He didn't stop to hear what she had to say, making his way towards the mall.

"So why don't ya like that fellah again?" Oh, now that was a story she wasn't sure if she wanted to go into. After all, there was a lot going on there, and frankly, she knew a lot of it was pettiness. Did she want to admit that she was just that petty? However, it seemed that there were more pressing manners at the moment, with a resounding boom filling the air. How did no one notice that? "Why don't we go pay the mall a visit? All this talk 'bout shootin's got me trigger finger itchin'." Not that she had a choice, as she watched Archer make his way towards the mall. 

"Great, just great," She muttered as she ran out to follow him. When the two arrived at the mall, there stood the giant of a man holding on to two obvious Heroic Spirits, and one Master watching them all. The two heroes in the giant's grasp struggled, but no matter how they did, the giant held on tight. Finally, it seemed that the Berserker had gotten tired of holding them both and tossed the green haired Heroic Spirit over his shoulder, having him land ungracefully in front of Astoria, before trying to crush Rider like a tin can.

"Damn, this isn't ideal," Caster muttered as he dusted himself off. He then noticed Astoria and Archer, and he quickly sprang back up to his feet. "Ah, I didn't know we were in the presence of such a lovely lady. And she seems to have a strong servant as well. Would you mind lending your talents and helping us take down Berserker?"

"Hmm... well, Archer. Now's the time to show your stuff," Astoria stated, curious to see how such a hero would fight.

"A hand would be much appreciated!" Rider called out as the golden glow surrounded him once more, slowly sapping away Souta's mana again. Using his Mana Burst, he managed to pry open Berserker's hand and slip away, moving back towards Souta. "Master, I'd suggest you go to that other Master. I'm going to take Berserker's attacks head on!" He raised his hand over his head, a shield manifesting in his hand. He held it in front of him, taking a defensive stance. "Come at me!!" he called out. Berserker seemed mesmerized by the shield, and so he charged, smashing his fist right into it. Rider stood, taking the blows, and leaving the monster wide open.

"What a strike."  He smiled, pointing his sword out in front of him with one hand, setting his guard position.  "I'm at a slight disadvantage fighting you, but that won't stop me from winning this bout.  After all, my master is the one who will win this war."  He taunted Lancer with his off hand, begging her to come closer.  "Are you tired?  Or would you like to continue our baile caliente!?"  

"Are you kidding me? You're the best fight I've had in over 3000 thousands years! Damn straight I'm going to keep going!" She had a wide grin on her face as he dashed towards Saber, this time keeping her body close to the ground. She took her staff and swung, aiming to sweep Saber's feet out from under him. "Don't disappoint me now, sword boy!"

"Your mana won't last forever," Misaki observed. "Everyone runs out at some point and has to recharge. Winning is as simple as stalling you out until then, especially in a non-fatal battle."

"Yes... that is true... but the same goes for you," Ciel shot back, putting her hands behind her head. "So I wonder, which of us will last longer?" Suddenly, the vines unwrapped from the tree, flinging themselves straight at Misaki, intent on wrapping her up. 

SmCQmTq.png?1

iU8EggM.png

This seemed to be going absolutely nowhere. Berserker had both Rider and "Lancer" in his hands and right now, Souta was just trying to figure out how to properly assess the situation. Right now, neither of his general magic would assist him at the moment, not without putting Rider and "Lancer" in harms way. But, fate began to twist again and add another into the fray...

"Damn, this isn't ideal. Ah, I didn't know we were in the presence of such a lovely lady. And she seems to have a strong servant as well. Would you mind lending your talents and helping us take down Berserker?"
"Hmm... well, Archer. Now's the time to show your stuff,"

Souta looked and noticed a young blonde woman with what he could only describe as a Western gunman. This, from the sounds of it, was Archer and his Master. This is...definitely something I wasn't expecting to happen either. "Lancer", then Berserker...and now Archer? he thought, moving back some.

"A hand would be much appreciated! Master, I'd suggest you go to that other Master. I'm going to take Berserker's attacks head on!"

He began to grit his teeth slightly, beginning to not take kindly to being told what to do again. He was being lenient when not only Rider but Akira did it too...but right now, he was definitely getting on the side of annoyed with this. Regardless, Rider, who now freed himself with a quick Mana Burst and summoned up a strange shield weapon, was right about asking the Master of Archer for assistance. So he bit his tongue and kept this quiet...for now.

"...very well." Souta said, moving a bit further back as he now stood within earshot of the young woman. "Evening madame. I'd be a bit more cordial with you, if it were under much better circumstances, but unfortunately we seem to be dealing with the worst out of the cardinal classes...on night one."

1vW4Ygm.png

"Yes... that is true... but the same goes for you. So I wonder, which of us will last longer?"

"Naturally, that's me." Misaki moved to evade the incoming vines, but found herself hindered by her own fashion sense. The length of her raincoat cut off her legs' moving space just enough to let one of them get caught in the vines, holding the mage in place. Noted. Well, this was a situation she'd now been put in. She'd shed a decent bit of her own blood on the weapons Ciel had deflected, and her backup skeleton was crushed into tiny pieces. And now there were these vines. As the girl raised up her bleeding arm - it wasn't like she'd get much more out of this limb anyway - Misaki explained "I have no shortage of magical circuits, and even with my backup destroyed, I still have a skeleton of my own too."

The sleeve over Misaki's bleeding arm fell down its length, just in time for the arm to suddenly and jarringly bend in a way that arms were certainly not supposed to bend. I'm getting nowhere placing the patient game with this girl. The flesh on Misaki's raised arm ripped open, coughing up the bones inside. Someone familiar with human anatomy could probably note that one of the bones wasn't quite to scale with the rest of them. The bones connected up, and the tip of one of them narrowed down some. One edge of the formation sharpened, moving the extra mass to the back, forming an improvised bone sword. A sword with which Misaki wasted no time slicing at the vines.

"Using my own body for this kind of thing isn't ideal, though. Even if I can't feel pain, mending my arm won't be an instant process." Sword in hand, Misaki made her move, rushing toward the opposing magus. "Even if we aren't going to kill each other, I did say I'd hold nothing back!"

rQd9OKX.png

"Are you kidding me? You're the best fight I've had in over 3000 thousands years! Damn straight I'm going to keep going!" Lancer had a wide smile on her face, as her body dropped towards the ground.  She swung her staff in a fashion that aimed for his feet. "Don't disappoint me now, sword boy!"  Saber merely raised an eyebrow, as he jumped into the air.

"An attack like that won't work on me, chica."  He winked.  "After all, you've already swept me off my feet.  You can't do so easily once again."  Saber landed in front of Lancer's staff's point, digging his sword into the ground.  He took a peek over at his master, whose opponent's arm seemed to be in worse for wear.  However, the blade she wielded looked like her trump card.  He grabbed the hilt of his sword with a reverse grip, swinging up and letting loose a wave of debris in Lancer's face.  A strange look twisted itself on Saber's face, as if he lost grip with his sanity for a moment, only for it to go back to it's usual tepid state.  He dashed in behind the wave of dirt, looking to slash Lancer straight through the stomach.    "It seems your master wishes to end this game, so I'm afraid I must do the same."

Edited by Mr. Hyde

MbWBF8j.png

"Hmm... well, Archer. Now's the time to show your stuff," Archer grinned, twirling his gun out of its holster.

"With pleasure." He said, letting out a whistle as he looked at the hulking mass that was the one they call Berserker. "Now ain't ya a big fella." He quipped, following behind the other servant as he pulled out his other gun, twirling it with his left hand. "Good. Means he'll be easier to hit!" As Berserker struck the shield, Archer unleashed a flurry of bullets, firing his pistols in a rhythmic pattern towards Berserker. As he ran out of bullets, he started reloading his guns, turning towards Rider. "S'long as you can keep that there shield up this'll be smooth sailin'." He said, both of his revolvers making satisfying clicking noises as the cylinders snapped back into place with a flick of his wrists, as he prepared to launch another volley of bullets.