Sethera

Fire Emblem: Curse of the Goddess [OOC / Conditional Acceptance / PG-16]

~Theme: Fire Emblem~

hWTfe96.png

<IC>

Hosted and Co-hosted by: Sethera and LordCowCow

The tale of the hero-king Augustus is passed down from parent to child all over the continent of Mysia. How he, ten other heroes, and the Great Dragon sealed the dark goddess Inera with the aid of the legendary sword Caliburn and the Fire Emblem. These heroes were known as the Twelve Crusaders, and they went on to establish the various countries that make up Mysia. Augustus in particular founded the kingdom of Galtea, where to this day his descendants rule.

It is said that only the blood of the hero-king can awaken the goddess from her slumber. With this in mind, the Order of Inera, a sect of holy men and women devoted to the dark goddess, devised a plan to steal one of the two children of King Reginald, the current ruler of Galtea. With the aid of goddess sympathizers in Augusta, they managed to kidnap Princess Catriona, using her blood at the Pontus shrine in a dark ceremony to revive the goddess. However, before they could complete the ceremony, the girl escaped.

Still, the ceremony wasn't without its consequences. Although they couldn't complete the ritual, the goddess was partially revived. With her awakening came undead horrors and Catriona herself ended up cursed, doomed to die before her next birthday.

Realizing the risk of returning to Augusta, where she might get kidnapped again, Catriona fled to the castle of Sochen, where her sister Penelope happened to be staying. After a tense reunion, they decided to set out for Ithome, the capital of Histia, where they might find more information on stopping the goddess and her curse.

Meanwhile, King Reginald has just received word of his daughter's return, the country that kidnapped her, and what they used her for. Pontus has gone too far this time...

Rules

Spoiler
  1. Remember to abide by the rules. The site rules and RP rules. And since this is an Advanced RP, the Advanced Clause applies as well.
  2. I will be posting a host post for this RP every Tuesday. I may extend it if there's a good reason to, such as the holiday season.
  3. Character limit for each player--sans host and co-host--is two characters. Players start with one, and if Cow or I figure you're able to handle two characters, we'll allow a second. There are a couple players that already have two characters as a carry over from the previous forum, but these players are still limited to two characters.
  4. This RP is generally Open Acceptance but LordCowCow and I reserve the right to say a character isn't IC-ready yet. We'll try and give feedback though on how to improve. Keep in mind we don't want overpowered characters.

Information

Website

This website has all of the information you need if you want to know more about the RP, the setting, and current events within the RP.

Edited by Sethera

Application Information

Roster

Spoiler

No.000 Catriona Nabudis - Sethera

Spoiler

R9yfTOo.png
The Cursed Lord
A princess whose cold exterior hides a burning interior. Seeks to get closer to other people, but her position tends to ward others away. The one most likely to get a stress ulcer.
"I knew...this would happen...eventually. Please...fight on..."

No.001 Alois Reinhardt - Skaia

Spoiler

LJi3FgZ.png
The Candid Fighter
A Histian fighter who left his village to explore the world. Despite his cockiness and smug attitude, he is a reliable and helpful person. Has the most sarcastic tongue.
"Heh… I guess I wasn’t so great after all."

No.002 Penelope Nabudis - Lord CowCow

Spoiler

O1SLyss.png
The Caring Tactician
A princess who is the opposite of her older sister in many ways. Dislikes confrontations, and loves to play tricks on Gunther. The one most likely to spout a random fact.
"I guess I needed… to learn more… after all…"

No.003 Gunther Bove - Lord CowCow

Spoiler

sQWRzTh.png
The Gentle Knight
Penelope's personal guard. Is extremely gullible. Is a natural with plants and animals, but has a crippling self-esteem. The one most afraid of pain.
"Urgh, it was inevitable… after all."
"I couldn’t even… do this right."

No.004 Edrick Roranson - Keto

Spoiler

2wmRgTV.png
The Zealous Lancer
Born on a farm in Pontus, he left chasing after a horse thief. Is extremely talented at growing crops. Has a distaste for liars, and a long memory to go with it. The one most likely to show up to battle shirtless.
"Inera, Mistress of Undeath, let me rise again!"

No.005 Link Harkinian - Hakima

Spoiler

ShJ5X9V.png
The Heroic Mercenary
A military veteran and wanderer by nature after the loss of his beloved horse. Quiet and socially awkward, he nonetheless manages to present a trustworthy and reliable image. The best musician.
"No more nightmares… I can… sleep…"

No.006 Ciela Mirrahel (pseudonym: Ciela Celestinia) - Nai

Spoiler

0itMzHf.png
The "Lucky" Troubadour
A haughty girl used to bathing in luxury. After the fall of her house she has been wandering from place to place with her horse, Remy. Short-sighted, she lacks a concrete goal. The one with the most extreme luck.

No.007 Sienna - Wind Rider

Spoiler

99Hkzlo.png
The Magical Kitsune
A newcomer to the outside world. Intelligent and studious, she shares the curiosity her species is so famed for, causing her to fall for things others might not. Hates to be interrupted while reading.

No.008 Tsetseg Altansarnai - Skaia

Spoiler

GxkLzrp.png
The Bubbly Bow Thief
Originally from Locris, she followed some merchants to Histia, where she joined the Pelinna Patrol. Peppy and energetic, she lives in a constant state of wonder for the world around her. Loves fluffy things.

No.009 Citron Paradisi - Feral Pistol

Spoiler

The Fruity Wyvern Rider
A girl who used to live on an orchard in Isauria, she left it to see the world and sell fruit with her wyvern, Peaches. A happy-go-lucky girl with much to learn. The one most likely to ramble on.

Application

Spoiler

Identity Information
Name: Pretty simple. First and last, stuff like that.
Age: Within human age limits. Though for the more extreme ages (for medieval times), like <13 or >50, I will be expecting some sort of reasoning in the biography on how and why they are traveling with the party.
Birthplace: Where are they from? Give the country at the very least.
Appearance: Spoiler this. Either a picture and height/weight or at least two paragraphs of description.
Personality: Spoiler this. Two paragraphs minimum.
Biography: Spoiler this. Two paragraphs minimum. If you need clarification on locations or stuff, just ask. I think I have given you guys plenty of opportunity for your characters to have met either Catriona or Penelope (or both) and have joined the party.

Combat Information
Class: Choose from one of the unpromoted classes listed in the OP. Include what type of weapon you use, especially if you're a cavalier or thief. Also, even if somebody else has taken a class, that doesn't mean you can't take it either. However, I want only two maximum of the same class. So no five-mage party.
Stats: Spoiler this. I want to get a general idea of your character's strengths and weaknesses. Total should add up to 34 points. Give me:

• HP - Health
  • Str - Physical strength
  • Mag - Magical aptitude
  • Skl - Accuracy
  • Spd - Speed
  • Lck - Luck
  • Def - Physical defense
  • Res - Magical resistance

Grade them using this scale:

• E - Terrible. You're absolutely hopeless with this. Costs 0 points.
  • D - Poor. You're at a disadvantage, but at least you're not hopeless. Costs 2 points.
  • C - Average. You're not particularly good or bad with this. Costs 4 points.
  • B - Decent. You're at an advantage, and it shows. Costs 8 points.
  • A - Excellent. You're at the top of your game here. Costs 16 points.

Note: If you really don't want to do this, message me or CowCow. Also try not go OP with this. If you go A-rank in anything, try to limit it to one thing only and lower your other stats to compensate.
Fighting Style: Optional. Spoiler this. Describe how your character fights.
Inventory: Spoiler this if you go into detail. 5 slots maximum. Include your weapon(s) in this and any healing items you may have.

Other Information
Optional. Put whatever. Like trivia, musical theme, or whatever else. If your character has a mount, any information on them goes here.

Edited by Sethera

The Cursed Princess

Spoiler

aGKuHBJ.png

"I have to stop the goddess. Not for myself, but for the world."

Identity Information
Name: Catriona Nabudis
Birthplace: Augusta, Galtea
Appearance

Spoiler

pliQ8v8.png

HT: 166 cm (5'5")   WT: 60 kg (132 lbs)
While not being particularly tall, Catriona isn't particularly short either. Her weight is around average for her height, though most of it is in muscle. White-haired with a touch of lavender, she has some of it in two braids to make it easier to handle. Her eyes are a deep blue, but they have no expression, therefore appearing flat and cold. Her clothes are form-fitting for ease of movement and airy to release excess heat. She wears a cape to keep warm on chilly days, though it seems to billow on its own for some reason, making it rather useless for its function. For armor, she wears a gorget to protect her neck, a pair of vambraces to protect her forearms, faulds to protect her hips, and greaves to protect her shins. She also wears gloves, though she keeps the forefinger and middle finger uncovered for dexterity purposes.

Personality

Spoiler

At first glance, you would think Catriona a cool-headed individual, the perfect stoic warrior. Underneath, however, her emotions run deep. She has always felt more strongly, more profoundly, than most people, but instead of lamenting her sensitivity, she has embraced it, using her grief as a motivator to keep moving. She believes that personal experience is the best teacher, and thus may let others experience unnecessary pain for the sake of learning. This has affected her relationship with her younger sister Penelope.

Catriona sees challenges as foes to be fought, and will gladly confront them head on. She doesn't go out of her way to challenge herself or find problems, but when she finds one, she doesn't shy away from confronting it. Because of this, she sometimes overworks herself, but her natural stubbornness prevents her from giving up even when exhausted. This has exasperated friends and family alike.

While her younger sister Penelope is beloved by the people, Catriona is respected and admired. However, her status and personality give her an unapproachable aura. This pains her, but she hasn't found a way to tear down that barrier, and few have ever tried to breach it. Those that have, however, mostly soldiers she's fought alongside in the border skirmishes, are proud to call her a friend.

Her experience with swordplay has made her a perfectionist, and she is often critical of both herself and others to a painful degree. What she hasn't learned is how to temper her words to make them more palatable, and this has earned her a few enemies.

Catriona feels guilt knowing she is the cause of the goddess' revival, however she has decided not to let either that guilt or her impending death weigh her down, and forges on regardless. She views the state as more important than individuals, and for that reason, underestimates her own relevance.

Biography

Spoiler

Born the crown princess of Galtea, Catriona has been groomed to take over her father's duties when it comes her time to take up the scepter. Because of this, she never had much time to get to know her younger sister Penelope, who was educated separately and more freely. Before she knew it, their interactions were painful and stiff, like talking with a stranger rather than a sister. While she wants to get to know and love her sister, Catriona doesn't know how, and her frustration at this causes her to snap at Penelope when they talk. 

After turning sixteen, she joined the fighting on the border skirmishes, and made a name for herself there. This became part of the reason why she was kidnapped over her sister. Not only is her sister well-protected among the people, but Catriona has made herself a public enemy of Pontus after she defeated one of their prized generals in single combat. Shortly before her twenty-first birthday, she returned home to Augusta to celebrate it, but was kidnapped soon after arriving. During the ceremony, Inera cursed her so that she would die before her next birthday. Nonetheless, Catriona managed to escape and fled to Rabans. There she sent a message to her father informing him of what happened (minus the curse), and decided to put more distance between herself and Pontus, bypassing Galtea's goddess church to reach Sochen.

At Sochen, she was surprised to find Penelope, but at her sister's demands, informed her of what was happening, leaving out the curse. Penelope then suggested they try finding the Great Dragon, as it would be their best bet on defeating the goddess. They then headed out for Ithome to hopefully learn of the Great Dragon's whereabouts.

With the knowledge of her impending death hanging over her head, Catriona decided to groom her sister in the ways of royalty in case she fails. This has done nothing but worsen their relationship, however.

Combat Information
Class: Lord (Sword)
Stats 

1. HP - C
  2. Str - B
  3. Mag - D
  4. Skl - B
  5. Spd - C
  6. Lck - E
  7. Def - C
  8. Res - D

Fighting Style

Spoiler

Known for her skillful and smooth sword fighting, Catriona is a pleasure to behold in battle. She despises unnecessary movements, but manages to look like she's dancing anyway. A balanced fighter, she edges more toward skill than anything else, but her strokes have a strength behind them that belies her appearance.

Inventory 

Spoiler
  • Damocles - The same sword shown in her picture. One day King Reginald commissioned a smith to make twin swords for his children, to be named by them and to be used by them. Catriona was only granted hers after she earned a name for herself defeating a famous Pontic general. She named it Damocles, as a reminder to take her duties seriously, but it has instead become a symbol of her impending death.
  • Vulnerary (3/3) - A pouch of healing herbs and spices meant to apply on wounds. Like the other healing items, it has three uses before it runs out.

Other Information
Theme: Not Gonna Die

Catriona's Opinions

Spoiler

Catriona is a little unique in that she has surface-level opinions, those she lets herself think, and deeper thoughts that she does not let herself dwell on as much. Except toward the animals and Raki. Those are all surface-level. In the animals' case, it's because she does not have much to think about them. In Raki's case, it's because she doesn't actually know him yet.

Catriona
I see little point to this exercise, and even less on addressing my thoughts on myself. I am just Catriona. My opinions matter little in the greater scheme of things. We must defeat the goddess. That is what’s important.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

Sometimes, I wonder if this is all pointless. I do not know how to lead anybody but soldiers. I cannot relate to my allies, and every attempt to grow closer only ends in failure or disappointment. It seems all too likely that this journey, too, shall fail. But I must try regardless. By the time the first autumn leaves fall next year, I shall be naught but a memory. I would like…to have given my life meaning before that happens. After all, I wasted most of it on an ambition. An ambition no longer within my reach.

Alois
Alois is cocky, but he has also shown a capability in handling the stress of this journey. Far better than many of the group. I would compare him to a strong elm tree standing tall amidst a storm of chaos. However, his sharp tongue and blunt honesty have a tendency to cut deep into people’s pride, which usually exacerbates diplomatic matters. Thankfully, he makes up for it with his quick wits and quicker axe.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

Aside from a few, I trust Alois the most in this group. Most everything about him, from his cocky demeanor to his blatant disregard of titles, reminds me of the people I knew in the Garou. They also did not treat me as a princess, but as a fellow soldier. I miss that. Due to that, I find myself more comfortable conversing with him than anybody else in the group. With everybody else, there is at least one bad memory, emotion, or unfamiliarity that lingers every time I start any sort of conversation with them. I would talk with Alois more often, but he seems to prefer the company of others, my sister in particular. I suppose that is for the best.

Penelope
Penelope is my little sister who finds great joy in pulling pranks. It is quite apparent that she has not finished growing up. She clings to her tomes, and refuses to believe in the reliability of other sources. Knowledge alone will not carry you through a battle. She needs to realize this soon, before she makes an irreversible mistake. However, she is more intelligent and tactically sound than I, and much better at traversing the deadly shoals of conversation and diplomacy. In these matters, I am her inferior in every way, and defer to her.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

I admit to holding…some jealousy toward my sister. She is much brighter, much friendlier, much more loved. As a child, her training was not nearly as harsh either. And when I see her with my father… Regardless, I can understand why everybody loves her. I too want nothing but the best for her. I wish she would go home. This journey is too dangerous for her. At least in Augusta, Father can protect her. But for now, I’ll keep her close and monitor her. I hope we will be enough to protect her. She carries the future of the kingdom on her shoulders, after all. And though it is extremely selfish…part of me is glad she is here. That she is here with me for this final chapter. But it is probably too late to repair what was broken long ago.

Gunther
Gunther is responsible and dependable. He is also a good man, my sister’s personal guard, and one of a handful I would trust with her life. I am assured he will never betray or leave the group. One less worry at least. But sometimes…I get a little uncomfortable with his affinity for beasts. I do not share his ease, so approaching him when there are animals nearby is a little…disconcerting.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

Like Penelope, I feel like we were closer to each other in the past. Before, I thought of him as a second sibling. We both understood that his duty was to my sister first. And in my case, Penelope also took priority. In that understanding, we formed a bond that I treasured. And later, I found solace in his quiet compassion. However…things have changed now. My estrangement from my sister also meant I could not see Gunther as much, either. It is…regrettable, but we grew distant, and I am unaware on how to bridge that gap. But…I also do not wish to close it. Gunther is a gentle soul, and I would rather, when things reach their natural end, that he not let sadness take hold of his heart, but stay strong for my sister.

Edrick
Edrick, son of Stronghammer and nephew to the Dragon of Pontus, Eragon. It is bad enough I am consorting with a Pontic, let alone one who bears such accursed blood. I will trust him for now, but if he makes one wrong move, I will not hesitate to strike him down. The sole reason he is with us still is he risked his own life to save mine, and I must repay such a selfless sacrifice. That and he hasn’t double crossed us…yet.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

I know I am being unfair to Edrick. He doesn’t deserve my distrust. My instincts tell me he is nothing more than an innocent farm boy. Too young to have taken part in the war. Too bright-eyed to be a soldier. Too generous to be secretly evil. I tell myself this, because each time he screams out a word in Pontic. Each time he chants prayers to the goddess. Each time he dedicates a soul to Her name… I am carried back to the battlefield. But the few times his actions do not remind me of a Pontic soldier, he reminds me instead of my sister. Like her, he does not belong here. Perhaps one day, this journey will steal his innocence and transform him from a comrade into another foe to strike down. I hope that shall not come to pass. For both of our sakes.

Link
Link is my comrade from the border, and a good friend. One of my few friends, and the only one I have in the group—if fortune favors me, I shall make more. I can depend on him, and I appreciate having another person who understands the burden of the battlefield. And as usual, he is better at understanding the needs and desires of others. It is Link who reminded me I cannot treat the group as soldiers, but as civilians. I value his opinion highly.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

There is something about Link. I felt like he was more alive at the border. Much happier and quicker to laugh and smile, something I envied him for. He belonged around the warm campfire we would set up in the Garou, and he had a way of reading people’s moods and lifting their spirits. We grew close too from our shared friendship with another soldier named Rohns. But he has changed since. I believe the cause to be that same affliction that so plagued many of my fellow soldiers, but I cannot fathom how to fix it. It isn’t a physical wound that can be treated. But I am confident that underneath it all, he is the same. I would prefer to see his true self more often, but I am unskilled in conversation, and each attempt has only met with failure.

Rohns
I admit, I am unused to dealing with animals. I found excuses in the past to avoid the royal hunts, since I do not know how to handle the canines that they use. And if I cannot deal with dogs, then I doubt I can handle their wild counterparts. Still, Rohns is intelligent. He led us to the fox village; he warned us of the falling tree, and he will probably show his use in more ways in the future. That and his name… I knew a Rohns once. He was a kind man with big dreams, but in the end… He was also a good friend to Link, Anaïs, and me. I hope this Rohns, too, will be a good friend to my fellow soldier. And me? I shall be fine so long as he doesn’t get too close.

Ciela
Ciela is…difficult. She is the only surviving member of the infamous House Mirrahel, and a sheltered girl who was never required to learn the ways of nobility, yet her spoiled bearing would bely it. When she gets upset, she has the tendency to fall into a tantrum where she berates the person who upset her. It is discomfiting to face, but also dangerous. Were she to do that to the wrong person…in fact, I fear she has already. I would prefer it if she grew out of that habit…

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

Ciela reminds me of Penelope in some ways, but she’s also different. Two sides of the same coin. They both love to lecture people, but they do it in different ways. Penelope will launch into a discourse using facts as ammunition, penning you into the conclusion she wants you to reach. Ciela will let her passion and rage carry her through like a tidal wave that drowns the opponent into submission. Both are sheltered nobles who have more book knowledge than common sense or real world experience, yet they manage to land on their feet when things go south. Though they might not handle it so well emotionally. I know Ciela is her own person, but perhaps thesee similarities are what let me allow myself to form a bond with her. I wish to keep her safe, and admittedly, I am more protective of her than most others in the group. Despite her strong front, she is so very fragile… I hope this journey does not shatter her spirit.

Remy
Remy is the animal I am most comfortable around in this group. He is a dependable horse, unlike his rider. Of the famed Mirial White breed, one of the most valuable and expensive palfrey horse breeds in all Mysia. They were originally bred as racehorses, but are also used as riding or hunting horses. It is fortunate that Remy keeps close by Ciela, since anybody who knows anything of horseflesh would steal him in a heartbeat. Though I wish he could keep her out of trouble more often…

Sienna
Sienna is a fox Protean, a race believed to be extinct or the stuff of fairy tales. However, it turns out there are thriving populations of Proteans in the Pelinna region. I am glad that Sienna is with us. We shall have much need of a giant fox in the final battle. Though I admit to be disappointed that she cannot make use of her enormous jaws like Licorice can. But her firepower is still a sight to behold.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

I cannot help but feel that I have not done enough as a leader to make her feel welcome in the group. To be honest, I am not quite comfortable with the unfamiliar. And there is something unnerving about Proteans. Creatures of myth and legend brought to life. And foxes in particular…after what happened at Pelinna, with her father Rufus, I find myself less inclined to trust them. Still, it is not Sienna’s fault, nor was Rufus entirely to blame either. But my reluctance to speak with her remains. Yet I need must engage her in conversation, otherwise she might feel as I do. An outcast standing ever on the fringes of the group.

Tsetseg
I admit I do not know this girl, Tsetseg, well. However, she seems reliable, having fought on our side during the battle versus the Awakened. Most of my misgivings toward her evaporated with the ending of that fight. So I reluctantly trust her, despite her…strange personality. She is bright and cheerful, and I cannot understand such a mindset. That, and she holds a simplicity of spirit that seems almost inhuman.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

Despite Tsetseg’s youth and exuberance, I do not feel quite the same feelings of guilt toward her as I do toward Penelope or Edrick. She, at least, has had some experience in battle before joining us, having trained with the Pelinna Patrol. But her inability to read…I am disappointed in myself that I did not catch that. What kind of leader am I, that I was unaware of that? A leader must know their troops, and it is clear that I do not. I must work harder. But she does not approach me like she does the others, so I will attempt to observe her and the rest instead. To prevent this kind of failure from happening again.

Citron
We found Citron in the village of Phar under suspicious circumstances. Still, at least she is not Pontic. Galtea holds no grudge against Isauria, so she is most likely not affiliated with our enemies. In all likelihood, she is exactly as she claims, a simple girl living in an orchard who thought it best to explore the world. One can never be too careful, but I believe she, at least, is honest.

Deep Thoughts

Spoiler

This girl might just come to regret joining our group. She wishes to experience the world, but I believe she is unaware to what extent she shall experience it with us. In all its dangers and terrors. And yet, I was the one who accepted her, a judgment that will assuredly taint her innocent outlook on life, all for the sake of bettering our chances. But were I forced to repeat this choice another dozen, nay a hundred times more, my decision would not change. Sacrifices are necessary for the sake of Mysia’s future. One day in the future, Citron might come to hate me for this, but I shall accept her blame without censure. It is my burden to bear. As the leader, and as the one ultimately responsible for the goddess’s revival.

Peaches
I am not an animal person, and wyverns…they are even more violent than regular animals. I saw how Peaches acted when she thought her rider was in danger. While such loyalty is admirable, it is also dangerous. This very danger is one reason I accepted Citron into the group, but it is also a danger I would rather not have aimed at myself. My first reaction to a threat is to cut it down with my blade. However, the beaver battle showed how terrible I am at attacking anything inhuman. I doubt Citron would be happy if I were to injure Peaches either. I can only hope it will be a needless worry.

Raki
Another wyvern rider. He seems different from Citron, however. Despite his similar cheery attitude, he is at least aware of how the world works. Which is good. He might prove quite useful. However, I find it suspicious that we found not one, but two wyvern riders in this village. Perhaps this place has an affinity for wyverns that I was previously unaware of?

Garinphasia
If I thought Peaches was bad, Garinphasia is at least three times as ferocious. I shall keep my distance.

Edited by Sethera

The Tactical Princess

Spoiler

saG8Zlx.jpg?1

"Would you like to learn about the history of snow sculpting? It doesn't have to be snow sculpting..."

Identity Information

Name: Penelope Nabudis
Birthplace: Augusta, Galtea.

Appearance

Spoiler

7M4MK2E.jpg?1

5‘4“ 119lbs

Personality

Spoiler

Penelope is a very studious young lady. She can often be found with her nose in a book and believes strongly that you can learn whatever you need to from the words of the great geniuses of the past. This gives her a tendency to undervalue personal experience and she doesn’t agree with the idea that one would need to experience things for themselves. Though she is eager to share what she learned with people. in fact when it comes to reading and sharing knowledge Penelope can be downright excitable.
However Penelope is quite lazy when it comes to actually doing work. She adores reading, be it fiction or non-fiction, and this sometimes can lead to her refusing to do certain tasks, and can be a bit immature and childish about this at times. She knows when something needs to be done but she has difficulty tearing herself away from books. When she isn't reading she can be quite social, she's not opposed to talking with others, she just really adores reading.

Penelope believes there is greatness in avoiding confrontations. She thinks that the mark of a true warrior is to know how to avoid having to fight at all. Though she also has a bit of a stubborn side when it comes to this. When forced into a confrontation Penelope will react with sudden flight or fight. Either becoming awkward and trying to leave, or getting angry, usually depending on the circumstance and how she feels about the person confronting her.
This puts her at odds with her sister, as she’s always trying to get her to do things she doesn’t want to do. She doesn’t dislike Catriona but she also sees her as the personification of a lifestyle she doesn’t want.

However Penelope is great at negotiation and, when needed, manipulation. She sees it as if someone was manipulated that means she bested them. Just as how one wouldn’t complain about losing a duel, one shouldn’t complain about being manipulated.

Penelope is a bit frustrated with her sister, and worries that her ways would lead their country down a dangerous path. And so, while she doesn’t like it, she is perfectly willing to learn how to become a good advisor. However she often less “advises" and more “demands".

On the other hand Penelope is very caring about the people of her country. She realizes how important even the weakest soldier is. She knows that everyone, young and old, have stories to them. She doesn't seem to realize these stories she values so much come from experience. Her care helped her to be very close to the common people and the soldiers of her country. They see her as a kind and friendly individual, and many tend to be kind to her in return. She’s very easy to converse with as long as you don’t try and make her do something she doesn’t want to.

Another thing that sometimes clashes with her laziness is her desire to make herself, and others, appear presentable. This probably stems from the fact she'd get treats from her parents when she was younger, by keeping herself clean. However if push comes to shove the laziness wins out.

She strives to be a great tactician, one who can command armies with ease and outmaneuver any competition. Her greatest strength, and biggest weakness, is her desire to keep everyone safe. She also has an odd habit of relying on luck in battle when she can’t find a solution that satisfies her.

Biography

Spoiler

The younger princess of Galtea, Penelope wasn’t put under as much pressure as her sister. However this is partially due to the fact that her parents realized early on that she learned best when left to her own devices. They came to her on occasion to make sure she was doing fine and to check on her learning, but other than that she was kinda given free reign.

She used this to her advantage and explored the castle and city whenever she could. She visited poor and rich, soldier and civilian, everyone she could. Her babysitter and guardian was every living creature in the city. She had several instances where she almost came to harm but a combination of knowing her way around, including secret passages, the help of her people, and a big dose of luck, kept her from coming to any lasting harm.

She never saw much of her sister, as the older girl was being more formally educated and never had time to play, or as Penelope put it, learn. This frustrated the young girl, though she tried to have patience. Thus her interactions with her sister tended to go from polite, feigned, indifference to annoyance and anger.

Combat Information

Class: Tactician. Mostly Sword, but also some Anima Magic.

Stats

HP - D
Str - D
Mag - D
Skl - C
Spd - C
Lck - B
Def - C
Res - B

Combat Style

Spoiler

One would think Penelope would have a perchance for magic over anything, given her nature. However she decided at an early age that it would be more practical to take up the sword. That isn’t to say she’s bad with magic, but she doesn’t focus on it and thus it’s usually just a compliment to her swordplay.
However she’s not a great swords-woman either, especially compared to her sister. Which is something that bothers her greatly.
She tends to take a cautious fighting style at first, waiting for openings, dodging rather than blocking, and striking with precision. Tends to slash more than thrust.

Other Information

Spoiler

-Carries around a backpack filled with books. Keeps adding to it and sometimes overfills it.

-Has a habit of sometimes making up stories and facts for fun.

-Occasionally talks to her sword as if it were a person.

The Royal Meat Shield

Spoiler

GIO71ch.jpg?1

"I will gladly be your wall...just...do try and not be attacked too often. please, heh."

Identity Information

Name: Gunther Bove
Birthplace: Nastre, Galtea

Appearance

Spoiler

mwg01Z1.jpg?1

Gunther has dark green eyes, and his hair naturally sticks up all over the place. He was told to put special oils in it to keep it flattened and not look slovenly. His armor is much heavier than depicted, and the cape is blue.
He stands at an impressive 6'2“ and weighs in at 210 pounds without the armor.

Personality

Spoiler

Gunther is not exactly what one would expect from a Knight. The first thing that sets him apart, and not in a good way, is the fact that he's entirely terrified of pain and dying. The mere thought of being tortured would be enough to shake him up and he tries to avoid pain as best he can. Which is one reason he decided to train with the heavy armor of a Knight. Dying frightens him more because he's constantly struggling with having faith in an afterlife, and the idea of simply not existing anymore drives him mad.

However this isn't all there is to Gunther. He's a very sweet individual, always trying to be kind, polite, and genuine. He's quite soft spoken and friendly, willing to lend a hand when needed. Though, he often feels he's not doing enough. Has very little self-worth and thinks that there are many others that can do whatever he is doing better. This can lead to him giving up part-way. Has a fondness of flowers and animals, and is very gentle with both. In return animals seem to love him and plants seem to flourish in his care.

An extremely gullible individual, Gunther is easily convinced by lies and can be overly trusting. Except when it comes to those that worship the Goddess. To them he's, sometimes to a paranoid level, leery.

Pretty forgetful, and messy, Gunther has often been scolded for his unprofessional demeanor. However he is truly a determined young man, and believes that one should work hard and do what is ordered of you. As long as it doesn't go against his rather simple morals. Those being, don't ruin nature, don't harm others, respect your superiors, protect those you can, and give to those less fortunate.

Gunther wishes to be a hero, though his slight cowardice and anxiety can make this difficult.

Biography

Spoiler

To understand Gunther's history you must start with his mother. A waitress at a tavern in Nastre, this young woman had seen many kinds of people. None truly held much interest to her, romantically, until a strong and mysterious pirate came to spend the night drinking and partying. It was one of those fast and passionate romances that lasted the night, and then the next morning the man left. But not before impregnating the girl, with Gunther. She struggled to continue working to be able to feed herself and her baby and, when Gunther was not yet ten years old, gathered enough to travel to the capital. There she became a servant at the castle itself and, through dedication on both her and her son's part, Gunther managed to be accepted into the army.

Gunther doesn't know the truth about his father. Whenever he was brought up, his mother would get quiet and brush it off. But one day she told him a story, a lie, that she felt would make him feel better. Since many kids around the town were making claims, most close to the truth, and upsetting Gunther. She told him he was a strong mercenary of justice that was murdered by disciples of the Goddess while trying to bring down an evil and dangerous sect. He believed this, and grew up thinking that the followers of the Goddess all were not to be trusted, and that he had an amazing legacy to live up to. He practiced and practiced, and generally avoided the other kids in lieu of pets and plants, so that he could become someone to make his parents proud. He didn't mind leaving his home, as he had few friends and Nastre was quite a rough place, he had been injured far more often than he'd have liked.

He met the Princesses fairly early on after his mother became a servant, and immediately grew attached to them, though he didn't outright say it ever. He grew closer to the younger, as Catriona was quite busy and was kept away more often than not. Whereas Penelope was allowed, or managed to find a way, to interact with the servants more often. When he was made a Knight, he was so proud that he went straight to the Princesses and declared his eternal servitude to them. Many thought this rash and rude, but the Princesses seemed to take it well. He wasn't a terrible soldier, but he also wasn't anything special. He always seemed to be held back somehow by his own personality. He was more or less forgotten by most, as an average soldier in the army. But Penelope remembered. When Penelope decided to go on a trip to Sochen, her father made her take a guard. However he, after a long negotiation, allowed her to pick the guard. When she chose Gunther the King was not particularly pleased, but he did not want to go back on his word. So he went to Gunther personally to go above and beyond in his service, and Gunther of course agreed. When Penelope had her reunion with her sister, Gunther was there, and he happily and proudly went with them on their quest.

Combat Information

Class: Knight

Stats
HP - A
Str - C
Mag - E
Skl - D
Spd - E
Lck - D
Def - B
Res - D

Fighting Style

Spoiler
Defend, thrust, defend, defend, defend. Gunther focuses on defending and keeping enemies pinned down over actually fighting. Though when he is put in a position he has to fight, he tends to be cautious and does his best to make his slow strikes count.

Character Opinions

Penelope

Spoiler

Catriona: Seriously sometimes I wonder if she doesn’t realize that she’s supposed to rule the country eventually. I know father doesn’t seem like he’ll ever go away but...anyway, yeah, come on you’re the big sister you should probably read a few more books at least. She could probably do whatever she set her mind to if she’d only use her mind more often...well, guess that’s what I’m here for. Honestly I can not believe she intended to do this without me.

Alois: It is pretty amusing how casual he acts despite coming from...well, I suppose his home is a bit different than expected but even so. I think I’m getting better at making him feel awkward though, I’ll win this in the end just you watch. I Suppose overall I’d say I am glad he’s around else things would be much more boring. But that’s all, probably, right? It had better be all...

Gunther: My stalwart comrade, brother in...well, not arms. Not brother, either, but if Catriona and I’s relationship is described as sibling than it would only make sense his and I’s are as well. I’m not sure he realizes it. Or, if he does, he avoids the label. I cannot exactly blame him, but, one of these days he’s going to keel over from his self-created burdens...Ahaha, that isn’t to say I won’t add to that burden now and then! If I didn’t I think he’d feel even worse...And he makes quite the pack mule doesn’t he?

Edrick: Ah what a sweet idiot he is. I do wish he would listen a bit better but, really, it’s somewhat of a relief. I cannot see him ever doing anything under-handed after all. Perhaps there would be trouble if he were around more of our soldiers but as it stands he’s fairly easy to read. I don’t have to think too hard on how to deal with him or what he’ll do even if I do have to plan around his...outbursts. He’s sort of like a stray dog we adopted...which reminds me I should make sure he bathes more regularly...

Link: I...need to keep an eye on him. I wish Gunther wouldn’t be so...that is to say...Oh, why am I beating around the bush in my own thoughts. If I had to rate who I trusted most I would put him on the bottom. I just cannot ever be sure what he’s thinking. He’s useful, and yet, he feels dangerous to handle...But handle him I must.

Ciela: She’s something of a mystery. A mystery I am fairly sure I know some answers too. And yet, should I truly delve into them? After all if I’m right...but, no, she is for the most part harmless. If Edrick was a stray dog she would be a stray cat. I feel if left to her own devices she would somehow be fine and yet I would rather not leave her be. I can at least say she makes things an interesting at times! And still...there is much there that...I can’t help but wonder about.

Sienna: What do I think about her? Even I am unsure at times. She seems so...different from everyone and not just because of the obvious. I feel like she’s made of glass at times, but with a jagged edge, I both want to keep her close and also hold her at arms length. I am not often at a loss how to approach someone yet...Perhaps I think of her too much as an object of interest but...how can I help that when she’s who, and what, she is?

Tsetseg: My pupil, she’s growing up so fast. Well, actually, she’s kind of slow but she’ll get there. She may not know it but she is under my protection from here on out. Woe to anyone who harms a hair on her head. That said, I do not quite understand how she is...how she is. How she got by in this manner. I probably should not try and understand, and yet...

Citron: Ah, she...well, she may not be the brightest girl but she sure is, er, earnest! It’s rather pleasant the way she talks with me though. I cannot deny that she brings a positive influence along with her. Perhaps this is rude to say but I think I’m rather glad she’s so....simple. Perhaps this journey might not be the best for her...

Gunther

Spoiler

Catriona: Ah. She’s my lord, of course, she’s capable, and strong, much stronger than anyone I know. Between her and Penelope I don’t think anyone can stop them. That said...is it wrong that...she makes me think of a sister? She IS one, but, I mean...she isn’t my sister. She couldn’t be, I shouldn’t consider it but...I wish we could talk more casually, sometimes.

Alois: He’s a bit of, er, well I don’t want to be rude. Maybe somewhat a...jerk? Oh but he’s trustworthy I can tell that! And he makes Penelope feel comfortable so I’m glad he’s around. Wait, should I be worried? Er, not that it’s my place...wait is it my place? Oh no, I hope he never meets the king.

Penelope: I feel I cannot think anything that doesn’t sound a bit...unprofessional. She’s hard to see as another of my liege’s children sometimes. If I had a younger sibling I’d imagine she would be...ah there I go again. She’s someone I must protect no matter what. Though only physically, which is all I can do, she’s much more capable than many might think. Almost frightening in a way...But I think it’s fine to say I feel closest to her, that’s not out of line right?

Edrick: Am I mad? Or is it everyone else? How can someone think this is okay? I am forced to question everything whenever he’s around. The princesses seem fine with him but that cannot be? Even Link, so cautious, doesn’t worry about him. What is wrong with me, then...I...I wish he would leave...

Link: Why was someone like him hiding away in a library of all places? If anyone should be protecting the princesses its him, not me...I sometimes wish to speak more with him and yet, how could I? Perhaps my position is technically higher but he is far more capable, far more useful, than I am. But what is it that I see behind his eyes whenever I look for more than a moment?

Ciela: Ah, um, er...she’s nice? Ahhh....I am not entirely sure how I should act around her. She seems like she may be of a higher class at times, yet, at others she seems to be...uh, not. Sometimes she reminds me a bit of Penelope and yet there’s something...different. I don’t know what it is, though. Whatever the case she needs protecting as well and she doesn’t have the power of Catriona nor the mind of Penelope.

Sienna: How to say this...there is something about her that puts me on edge. But she herself seems to be a perfectly fine person. Mayhaps it is all those childhood stories that make me nervous but I’m sure there’s nothing to it. I should try and talk with her more but I worry I might frighten her somehow.

Tsetseg: Is she really...real? I can’t be sure at times. She’s much like some mythical forest creature but she is very much flesh and blood. I would have to say I enjoy her company even if only because she has this...light in her. I think it best we all work to keep that light burning. There are things I have seen that could darken it and the world needs lights like hers.

Citron: I am ashamed to say I do not fully know what to think of her. She seems nice enough but, erm, I worry what she thinks this journey is. Is it really okay for us to have her fight alongside us? Does she know what it is she’s getting into? Some of the others may not be what I’d call soldiers, or warriors, but this seems doubly so for her. At the very least I know that she is a good person, Peaches is proof of that.

Posting here for easier location when I get to posting Edrick's profile in here again.

Spoiler

Is this how this fucking thing works?

Edited by Asriel Dreemurr

The Everyman 

Spoiler

Identity Information
Name: Alois Reinhardt 
Birthplace: Phar, Histia

Appearance 

Spoiler

Hp5jbvB.jpg?1
Artist: Kazutake Hanazo
Height: 5'5" (166 cm)
Weight: 155 lbs (70 kg)

Personality

Spoiler

Cocky, smug and a bit of a pompous attitude to go along with it. Alois is not exactly the most easy to get along with kind of guy. He has a pretty tactless way of speaking towards others and never seems to care about any sort of implied respect that needs to be given, just sort of saying what he thinks mostly. He generally talks in a sarcastic manner, often times taking pleasure in teasing others on small things. He also seems to have a rather arrogant way of portraying himself, often times coming off as though he thought he were invincible. And while this is not at all true, if criticized on the overall sloppy way he fights or for any sort of ignorance he possesses, he seems to just brush it off. Mostly seeming to have a carefree demeanor about himself and having no shortage on confidence, he just seems like a rude, uncouth person. 

Alois is a much more serious individual than he would let on, though. While he doesn't seem to posses any respect towards others, it's more so a product of him being a fan of earning respect,, ironically enough, rather than just sort of having it as a given. To those who do earn his respect, he tends to just lighten up a bit more towards them, rather than ever acting overly friendly. Aware of his faults, Alois is aware of how bad of a fighter he is, and while he does shrug of most criticism, he tends to take the ones of people he respects to heart. Also aware of his own lack of intelligence, he doesn't ever really care for planning and doesn't pretend like he's a military genius about it either. Despite all of this, Alois tries to be a reliable at the very least. Even if he doesn't ever seem like he cares, he's still a person who genuinely tries to be helpful to those who are in need.

Bio

Spoiler

Alois had always felt bored since he could remember. Growing up, he always seemed to be a bit of an oddball amongst his people. He had a sense of wanderlust within him that wasn't too common and wasn't well received either. The isolated little town of Phar's residence often times had chastised him for venturing too far away from the confines of the town and tried to do their best to keep him from doing it again. Of course, this had made him a bit of a social pariah with his peers, which didn't help in trying to coax him away from the borders. Nevertheless, the young boy had always felt like there was far more to the world than just the village, and as such, he just wanted to learn what was out there. So, he had decided to make a continued effort in trying to leave the village, and leave behind this "island." 

Being an isolationist does not mean you have a lack of bandit problems. And so, knowing that he'd need to be strong, he trained himself to help the town out. Of course, with no lack of formal training and the fact that he seemed little more than a rebellious teenager at the time, the village guard had a hard time accepting him, ultimately his brutish fighting style proved to be rather helpful to them. And so, he began to help the guard out. While he proved to be effective at this job, he still seemed to have the same sense of longing in him that had been visible since his childhood, and thus was still not well liked by the rest of the guard. Because of this, it came as no surprise to anyone on the day when, during a patrol, he had decided to go farther away from town than he should have and just kept going. Not doing this in any subtle a manner and with the others not trying to stop him, he was home free and with nothing more than a few axes on his back was off to start a journey. 

Of course he was completely lost. Not having any idea where anything was on a map and having no clue where he was in general, Alois had continued to roam around going whatever general direction struck his fancy. By some miracle, Alois had managed to find different conveniences that allowed him to not die on his journey, and had eventually, unknowingly, crossed borders into Galtea. While he continued to wander around the country, he eventually stumbled upon the fleeing princess who seemed to be in a need of aid. Given that the total amount of productive things that he had done in this journey was zero and she seemed genuinely distressed, Alois had gone to offer his services to her. This didn't go over so well at first, in part due to his uncouth behavior, he eventually managed to join this princess's marry little band on what seemed to be a grand journey ahead.

Combat Information

Class: Fighter

Stats 

Spoiler

HP - C
Str - B
Mag - E
Skl - C
Spd - D
Lck - B
Def - B
Res - E

Cuddling Caster

Spoiler

Identity Information

Name: Tsetseg Altansarnai
Birthplace: Locris

Appearance

Spoiler

Height: 5'0" 
Weight: 110 Lbs

Personality 

Spoiler

Someone who wears her heart on her sleeve, Tsetseg is someone who is a regular bundle of energy. Having a generally cheery disposition, not the type to hold a grudge for long, and tends to have a rather simplistic train of thought. Possessing a sort of child like innocence, she tends to become quickly friendly with anyone who she deems as nice, and thus easily trusting of them. Always aiming to please, she is a person eager to help when asked and greatly enjoys being praised. 

She has a generally fast paced and scattered way of talking, often times speaking quicker then she can think, having to pause midsentence or repeat what she or someone else has said. She seems to not really care much for personal space, and often times has trouble keeping her hands to herself. 

Filled with innate curiosity and easily brought to wonder, Tsetseg has a tendency to flit around and focus on the object of her wonder. This causes her to go from subject to subject of fascination fairly quickly, sometimes forgetting what the first thing was and bringing wonder to her all over again. In addition she has a tendency to wander off on her own if something that catches her interest is seemingly on the horizon. Still she is a incredibly enthusiastic and if she finds something that manages to capture her attention for more than brief period will likely become a fixation of hers. 

Biography 

Spoiler

Tsetseg has always had a penchant for getting herself into some kind of trouble. Growing up, her idle curiosity of the world around her constantly caused her to wander around and interact with everything she saw. And while she marveled at everything she saw, it tended to cause problems from others, such as accidentally startling horses, dropping or spilling things, accidentally causing issues with supplies, etc.. Nevertheless, as Tsetseg's tribe was one that everyone was expected to know how to hunt in, and thus Tsetseg was no exception to this. When she was of age to begin partaking in these, she was given a bow and taught the basic principles behind it before being sent off with a group to see how she would do with it. While there was very little expectations of the scatterbrained girl, she seemed to be far more focused in her archery then anything else she had ever done, and seemed to posses far more skill with a bow and arrow then anyone would ever expect from her. 

From the moment that the girl got her first kill onto something, with everyone's surprise and praise at her work she felt a joy like none other. And while the girl was good at hunting, this only gave her more ways to get herself into trouble. Still having her head in the clouds and being easily distracted, the girl would often find themselves separated from others or having gone out on a hunt by herself, unbeknownst to everyone else. Her days a hunter for her tribe and recreational explorer continued for several years. 

As a member of the Hati tribe, in spite of being nomadic they still traded with other civilizations at the village of Saz. As such, they frequented the village often in order to give surplus of animal meat or parts of value in exchange for other goods. Accompanying the traders one day, Tsetseg went with them into the village, and this having been her first time that she had been able to thoroughly explore the village she found herself absolutely in awe by all the different kinds of people and products there. Wandering about, the girl continued to browse and look at just about everything she could, until she found a group of merchants that she found to look interesting. Following behind them to see what they were up to as they had left the village, the girl continued to tail them until night had fallen. It was at this moment that she realized that she was no longer with the people she had come with. To make matters worse, she hadn't actually any idea where she actually was. However, thinking that everything would likely work itself out, the girl simply picked a direction and walked in it, wandering about the continent. 

Combat Info 

Class: Thunder Mage
Stats 

Spoiler

HP - C
Str - E
Mag - C 
Skl - B
Spd - B
Lck - C
Def - D
Res -  C

Character Thoughts 
Alois

Spoiler

Catirona: 
"Who, Cat? She's alright. I've only ever met two princesses in my life and she's certainly not what I would've expected from one. She's got a presence to her for sure but like, more of the "I'm sure she could kick my ass if she wanted to," and she can and she hurts, over the "I learned there are three different types of forks to use for dinner." But well, that's just a first impression kind of thing anyway. She's really like, just kind of overly serious but not in a definitely fun way. Like, I'm pretty sure she doesn't get half of my jokes even a little, but that just makes it funnier." 

Penelope: 
"She, however, the littler princess definitely has that princess noble thing going for her. Not only did she probably learn about three types of forks used for dinner she'd be happy to educate you about a fourth one used in the before times. But yeah, Pen, her. She's like...well, like uh, how do I say this? I can't deal with this kind of girl. She's bossy, doesn't hold her own books, a know it all and has absolutely no regard for her own safety despite how frail and wimpy she is. Like okay sure, she's got a few good points I guess. Like she's smart and funny, and a great partner to make humor with and her facts are one of a kind, she likes to read to and you know she's kind of...Ahem, well, anyway. Can't deal with her at all." 

Gunther: 
"Big guy. He's big. Well, physically, his presence is about as a menacing as a flower. And I'm pretty sure he's got a stem holding him up instead of a spine in that back of his. Man could use a bit more swagger in his step you know? But well, he's not bad or anything. Has had the job of royal book holder way longer than I have so that's worth something. And he's like, the second most sane person around. Swell guy really....don't tell him I said that." 

Edrick: 
"Eddy? Yeah he's pretty alright once you get past the fanatical Pontic yelling, absolute love of an evil goddess and the bloodlust and craze in the middle of battle. And his utter lack of self preservation tendencies or any bit of self decency. Honestly this guy is like the second? Third? Probably second biggest lunatic we keep around in this party. Not like he's an actual headache like the other two, just a bit unhinged sometimes but that can also help...sort of. I guess. He's fine and probably won't betray us at all because he's too stupid for that."

Link:
"Who?...Him? His name is Link? Oh, huh. Well uh, he's certainly...quiet I guess? I don't really have much to say about him and I honestly forget he's there half the time. So...good job? Wow, Link, really? Sorry I'm just... You think you know everything about the people around you." 

Ciela: 
"Spirits, oh spirits, please. Help me through this trying time. This girl...it's like she was told nothing about the outside world and lived in some freak bizarre world and then one day someone was like, "go free and show them all you know." I can't imagine anyone...yeah anyone really, who has less common sense then her with the amount of confidence backing it that she does. And for all of the other groups with less self preservation despite practically using a horse as her real pair of legs. Sure her healing is useful but nothing can cure the ever present headache I have when it comes to this walking maelstrom of a person....I guess she is fun to mess with..."

Sienna: 
"She's...unique? Can't say I've ever met someone like her before, like sure I've met more than one shape changing fox person but not one that also breathes fire. So, points there, I uh, I guess. No but seriously, I don't really know much about her. Like, she's quiet and keeps to herself really and is overall...alright? She doesn't cause many problems outside the one time she almost burned down an entire forest, youthful rebellion these days I tell ya, but other than that...She's not even good to poke fun at because apparently it's rude to call someone who has a fox face "fox-face" but I bet no one would bat an eye if I called Eddy "farm boy." What has the world come to these days." 

Tsetseg: 
"You know when Ciela somehow broke her own legs I thought she would be hands down the biggest headache in this party. But this shrimp manages to make me question that. I don't get what is going on in her head, like ever. And she is all over the place. Never mind trying to keep pace with her in a conversation or expecting anything coherent to come out of her mouth, but like...she jumps at everything, she touches everything, she's excited by everything. She seems totally gullible too but if I ever tried to trick or be sarcastic with her it'd come back to bite me somehow."

Citron: 
"I don't think wyverns usually come in pink, but it's pretty cool. Farm Girl herself, though, seems alright. Probably has a good enough head on her shoulders, at least for this group, though I'm pretty sure I saw her try to fight stone with ladle. And she also crash landed into my home town to start with...Hm...I really hope she has a good head on her shoulders." 

Tsetseg 

Spoiler

Catriona: 
"Oh, oh, her? She's Penelope's sister Cat- uh, uh - Catry! I like her lots, yup. She's really cool and nice and really cool with her sword and also nice. And oh, oh, she's got really long hair that's like, really pretty and maybe it's soft? It looks soft, yeah." 

Penelope: 
"Oh, oh, her! I like her lots, yup. She's like really cool and smart and can make wind and also is pretty too. I wonder if her hair is as soft...hmmm, hmmmm...Oh, oh, she's really nice too like, like, she can read and I can't so she's gonna teach me how to read! I've never read something before so that's really cool. I wonder if I get good at it she'll also pat me on the head for that."

Gunther: 
"Oh him! I like him lots, yup.  She's like suuuuuper big, bigger than a lot of people I've ever seen. Like, like, I could probably climb up him like a mountain! And he's like, not scary at all, no siree, and really nice and really nice to animals too. I wonder if he can teach me how to talk to animals?" 

Alois: 
"Oh, him! I like him lots, mhm. He's super super silly and says stuff that doesn't make sense a lot of times. Like like, he also always looks like he's such a meanie with a scowl on his face but also also seems like he really wants to laugh a lot too. Weird weird guy." 

Edrick:
"Oh him! I didn't like him that much when I first saw him but I like him lots now! He's also really weird, and like he likes that yucky goddess but he also thinks she does good things too. I've never heard of her doing good stuff, just being a big ol' meanie. So I don't know, but I think he's nice and maybe the goddess isn't a super meanie either." 

Link:
"Green guy! I like Green Guy lots, too. He's suuuuper cool and suuuper interesting. Like, like, sometimes he'll just vanish, like poof, and he'll be gone and I don't know where he is. Or he'll appear or something. I really want to learn how he does that. Oh maybe he'll play hide and seek with me. I also want to learn how to find him, yup. He's also got this great sleeping thing he does where he doesn't sleep, I also want to learn that." 

Ciela: 
"Hrrmmmm...She's a Blue Headed Meanie, a Bluie! She can be really mean and rude sometimes and also has some icky looking magic stuff...but also she helps heal people a lot and has a reeeeeaallly cool horse. Hmmm...hmmm....If she can apologize about Urvan than maybe I'd like her lots." 

Sienna: 
"Ooooooh her! I like her lots! Proteans are sooooo cooool. See, see, I had only ever heard of them from stories and tales and stories from my home folk and was like whooooa they're super cool. But now, seeing them, they're suuuuper cool. And fluffy. Sienna's the fluffiest of the group for sure. Unless Licorice is fluffier...hmmm..."

Tsetseg: 
"That's me!"

Citron:
"I don't like her! She's got her weird pink wyvern thing that is definitely going to eat us and our crops and our horses! And and and, she's probably got some kind of spooky dark magic thingy with that big spoon of hers - I don't know! She's scary for sure. But I don't have any crops or horses here, no no, so it can't hurt me that much...oh, oh no Bluie!" 

Edited by Skaia

Scrapped Heiress

Ciela's Opinions

Spoiler

Catriona: "Not gonna mince words here - her distant attitude pisses me off. Though, it's not like I'm any better at dealing with people, and... it's weird, but I felt some weird sort of kinship with her. I guess, much like me, she's someone that'd walk merrily off a cliff if no one's around her. And I guess talking about more private stuff are somehow easier with her... but maybe that's just because I told her all about my lineage and she didn't decide to execute me on the spot.

I still need to beat her up as payback for that night, though."

Penelope: "If I want to read a book, then I'll do that rather than hear someone parrot it to me unprompted. Still, we get along well other than that, surprisingly. I still need to compare notes with her on magic research - I'm still not giving up on learning anima magic, and I'm sure my foundations' better than her, hmph."

Gunther: "He's so soft, it's kind of cute. But seriously, I can handle myself, alright?

...Actually, maybe not. Please cook more for me, ok?"

Alois: "What's this guy's problem anyway? I think whenever he looked at me, he's always judging me. Like, I know I'm a disaster waiting to happen, but come on. At least we did agree that his hometown's absolutely horrible. Will willingly join him if we ever get to burn it all down."

Link: "Jeez, just being around him gives me shivers. Part of me get it, he had seen some real shit, and I'd rather let him be. But... well, part of me is also kind of curious...
Maybe when we get to talk again next time."

Edrick: "Actually a pretty swell guy, all things considered. He's maaaaybe a bit too into the Goddess, but that just means I can ask things at him later. But seriously, he needs to bathe. A lot. I'm still freaking out at his hair - if this thing happen again, I'll bathe him myself."

Sienna: "I'm sorry for attacking your chief, alright? Though, it's kind of his fault anyway... ah, she's gone. Well, she's a nice person, but seriously, after that village, oversized foxes and wolves kinda creeps me out."

Tsetseg: "Dealing with her is the emotional equivalent of looking directly at the sun. Also, I think she's also mad at me for attacking the chief. Pain."

Citron: "Oh yeah, we had a wyvern rider join us on that forsaken town. I barely interacted with her then before I passed out, but I think she's kind of funny. And someone that knows her way around fruits is someone I can trust."

Raki: "Wait, we got another wyvern rider from that accursed town? Huh, another person faithful to the Goddess? But wasn't he Isaurian? 

...Did he really know less about the religion than me? At this rate we might as well appoint Edrick as the bishop of our group."

Mysterious Ace

Edited by Merry Nightmare

The True Mascot

Spoiler

Name: Shiro
Birthplace: Pelinna Region 

Appearance

Spoiler

Human Form

Spoiler

eX0pxtt.jpg

Height: 5'2
Weight: 120 pounds

Frog Form

Spoiler

XFzOHNi.jpg

Height: 6'2
Weight: 345 pounds

Personality

Spoiler

Shiro is a man of action, one that tends to let his actions to do the talking, both on and sometimes off the battlefield. He rarely opens up about his past, preferring to keep the conversation about others. He is a helpful person, wishing to help everyone around him, maybe a bit too much, as he will actively ignore his needs and health to help others. He is deeply loyal to those that earn his respect.

His years of being a slave has hurt his self esteem, as he thinks rather poorly of himself, asserting that he is not very attractive nor ever does anything worthy of praise. He is also has a hard time being around or trust people from Palaea, as that was the land he was enslaved in for many years.

He has a great appreciation for nature and wildlife, often befriending the animals. He loves being among nature and will always do his best to stay near it. He also loves the water and will sit in it whenever he can. He is a hard worker though, making sure things are finished before going to frolic with nature.

Biography

Spoiler

Shiro grew up as a curious young tadpole/child in a hidden village deep in the Pelinna Region. He was always told he wasn't able to leave the village, because the outside world was harsh and wouldn't accept Proteans. He was, however, a 7 year old child, and he managed to sneak away to explore the city of Ithome. 

He had a grand old time exploring the city in his human form, and 'learning' about humans. However, a thief stole from a vendor he befriended, and Shiro took on his frog form in order to stop him. Seeing a way to get rich quick, several travelling merchants quickly set a trap for him, capturing the young boy and loading him up to sell as an exotic pet.

After a few months of travelling, the merchants found someone that was willing to buy the transforming frog, a rich family in Palaea. For the next ten years, he lived in misery, being a large performing pet, not allowed to take his human form or speak lest he get whipped and go without food.

One day however, perhaps because of the way the family mistreated their entire staff, a young bulter released Shiro, asking only to be allowed to come with him as he ran away. Shiro took the young man's offer, running away with him. They traveled together a long time, getting very close while trying to find Shiro's homeland.

However, one day, they were ambushed by bandits, an encounter that the bulter did not live through. Heartbroken, Shiro managed to fight his way out of the ambush, only to learn his home was just a mountain climb away. With a heavy heart, he headed home, spending the rest of his time defending it from any humans that may stumble their way close to it.

Combat Information
Class: Protean
Stats

Spoiler

HP - C
Str - C
Mag - D
Skl - C
Spd - D
Lck - D
Def - B
Res - B

Fighting Style

Spoiler

He sneaks around before turning into a giant frog and... I dunno, eat people, or hop on them.

He'll Come Back Someday, I Swear It!!!

Spoiler

Name: Asura Burēdo
Birthplace: Locris 

Appearance

Spoiler

0393.jpg

Height: 5'11
Weight: 210

Personality

Spoiler

Straightforward and brash, he presents a rather complex set of morals despite his relatively simple demeanor. Not particularly occupied with whether a person aligns with "good" or "bad", he instead places importance on whether or not people are honest with themselves or others. He marks lies and hypocrisy as the height of villainy and, as a result, is unusually forthcoming with his own intentions and also bald-facedly critical of others' half-truths.

He is more prone to speak with his swords than with his words. For him, there is no greater enjoyment than that found in fighting with strong opponents and no greater disappointment than raising his sword against a weaker man. When his temper is ignited by the harm befalling a friend, however, he becomes unable to calm himself until his sword have struck a target, regardless of his enemy's strength.

Asura's brash straightforwardness carries a strong strain of thickheadedness with it. Though rather observant in crucial situations and particularly astute with doling out criticisms, he can often be rather simple-minded, requiring those with sharper minds to explain the finer points of any complex occurrence.

Despite his seemingly cheerful nature and fight-sexuality, he has a rather bad case of self loathing. Due to events in his past, he sees himself as nothing more than a weapon, one that must be kept on a leash at all times, lest he lash out and harm those he cares about.

Biography

Spoiler

Asura grew up in the the southern plains of Locris with the Hati clan, having a loving family, having a mother, father, and younger sister. As soon as he could walk, he was taught of the way of the sword and of the nomad. As such, he learned to survive outside of 'civilization', and traditions not found in other cultures, such as of the 'eight stars' that show themselves to those that know true strength. He lived happily, slowly but surely becoming one of the best swordsman in the clan. He however, became cocky and too sure of himself. 

He and a friend went wandering out further than they should have one day, and were attacked by barbarians in furs. They fought with all their might, but in the end, only Asura made it out alive. This ignited a fire in Asura, the boy wanting to become a strong fighter, in order to get revenge, and to make sure no one else would get hurt.

He trained as hard as he could, getting a bit cold and distant from his family, fueled by a need for revenge. When he was 16, however, he and his sister got into an argument, and in a fit of rage, he swung his sword, taking out his sister's right eye and leaving a large gash. He was then exiled from the clan, a punishment he gladly took. 

He spent the next four years being a mercenary, fighting to make his daily bread. Eventually, after a few misadventures, he met the princess and her group, and joined her on her quest.

Combat Information
Class: Myrmidon
Stats

Spoiler
  • HP - C
  • Str - C
  • Mag - D
  • Skl - C
  • Spd - B
  • Lck - C
  • Def - E
  • Res - E

Fighting Style

Spoiler

He moves around quickly and cuts you with a sword. If that's not good enough... he'll use TWO swords.... well, he would. He's still working on that. He's not much on defensive, preferring to overwhelm his opponents with a flurry of slashes and kill them before they can even counter.

Inventory

Spoiler

Bronze Sword and Killing Edge 

Other Information

• He is a lightweight when it comes to alcohol.
  • He spends a lot of his time maintaining his gear.
  • He likes to nap in wide open fields.

Edited by Saiku

Posting this here to let everybody know that I am back. Again, sorry for the extended hiatus but I was not in any condition to be writing. Everybody who wants to remain in the RP, please post here so I know you're still interested.

Come Get Y'alls Juice

Spoiler

Name: Citron Sinesis Paradisi

Birthplace: Isauria

Appearance

Spoiler

C.png

Height: 5'7"

Weight: 145 lbs. 

Art by VenomGaia.

Personality

Spoiler

“Huh, oh, me? Well, ain’t that a loaded question, huh? Askin’ about me, my personality and I! Buuut, that’s completely fine! I’ll answer to the best of my abilities. So… Personality! Um… Well, let’s start with likes and dislikes, right? Likes! Well first off, I love Peaches the wyvern, but I also love exploring. I was raised on the stories my Grandpa told me, so it’s only natural that I’d want to leave the Orchard and explore the world, you know? But that’s not a really. Um… A positive outlook on what I’ve done. I mean, if you asked Dad, I’d be a ‘Unruly Child’, and a ‘Rebellious Child’, but! That’s fine. Ma’ said he was just upset that I wasn’t gonna be on the orchard anymore, and… I guess I get that? I was supposed to stay, but I didn’t really feel like it. The Orchard was a small place, outside a small town. The biggest town we ever visited was Titio, and I can’t say I really gotta go there much either. So, when I realized Peaches and I could go… I just felt like it was the best option, yeah? I wanted to be free, if that makes sense. I wanted to see the world like Grandpa had explained it, and there’s no one I’d rather see it with than Peaches.”

“But um… That’s a bit off-topic! So Dislikes! I can talk about some Dislikes. Raw lemons? Grapefruit? Oranges? Awful. Real awful. If you’re not using them to make juice, or adding sugar to make lemonade-- What are you even doing? I also don’t like being talked down to, but I can’t really avoid that much. I mean, even if it sucks, I come from a tiny Orchard outside Titio, I’m BOUND to not understand stuff! And so a good person will explain it and not be a jerk about it. But a LOT of people are prone to being rude about it. I mean, I can read and write but that doesn’t mean much compared to what lots of other people know. If it’s not about fruits or basic reading and writing, I’m probably out of luck. But I’m always willing to learn! As long as people are nice when they explain it! Like, I know I’ve already mentioned it, but there’s REALLY no good reason to be condescending to someone! That’s like asking them to roll up their metaphorical sleeves and slap some sense into you! Especially if you seem to give off the impression that you’re better than them! That REALLY ticks me off!”

“But um… Some more general things would be, I’ve been told I talk a lot? And that ramble and prattle on? But I’m not sure if that’s me actually doing it, or if that’s people who are just rude. I mean, okay, I get it, when I get passionate about things I PROBABLY talk more about it than I mean to, but, how am I supposed to NOT explain the perfect way to make lemonade? Or grapefruit lemonade? Or the safe amounts of fruit to give your wyvern between proper meals of meat? I mean, come on! Those are important and fun things to talk about! And they’re things that I actually understand and know the intricacies of! I can act smart too! I mean, sorta. Not really. So, the issue is, I know what I’m talking about, but I’m told I use a lot of filler words? And I mean, that’s rude but apparently I don’t give off the impression that I know what I’m talking about? I don't know, it sounds kinda rude when they put it that way, but it’s the kinda thing that sticks with you.”

While not a comprehensive look at her personality, a less introspective look can be garnered from her Journal, located in her Biography section.

Biography

Spoiler

Combat Information

Class: Wyvern Rider

Stats

Spoiler
  • HP -  C
  • Str - B
  • Mag - D
  • Skl - C
  • Spd - C
  • Lck - B
  • Def - C
  • Res - E

Fighting Style

Spoiler

Citron is… Extremely untrained, at best. She works off instinct, and it shows in her lack of true, refined skill in battle. While she is overall fairly skilled at using tools for their job, she'd still need a good amount of proper training to effectively use an axe.

Inventory

Spoiler

Battle Items

• 1x Ladle

Flavor Items:

• 1x Assorted Fruit (Some Lemons, Some Grapefruits, Some Oranges.t)
  • 1x Inkwell
  • 1x Quill
  • 1x Lemonade Pitcher

Other Information

Citron's (and Peaches) thoughts on Other Characters

Spoiler

About Catriona

"Hm... How I feel about Miss Catriona? Or, lord Catriona? Or-- I'm still not completely clear on the titles, honestly... Either way, she definitely seems... Kind. She was kind enough to let me travel with them, which is probably safer than exploring on my own, so... I can't help but think that she's kind, even if I don't know her very well. Peaches seems a bit stand-offish near her, but I think she just doesn't know her very well yet."

About Alois

"Very rough around the edges; that much I can tell. But it stands to reason that he's like that because he's in his hometown, right? I might be like this too if I had to see Dad too soon. Other than that, it's hard to say much about him; he just seems... Normal, in a lot of ways. Peaches also doesn't seem to have any strong opinions on him..."

About Penelope

"Suuuuper smart. Like, crazy smart! I wanna ask her to teach me so much stuff, and also wanna read some of the books she's read to get as smart as she is. I mean, she's super cool, right? Peaches may not think so, what with being stand-offish and all, but... Again, she just needs to interact with her more."

About Gunther

"He's good at heart; very kind, protective. I admire those qualities a lot, especially since even Animals other than Peaches seem to like him. Even if she didn't care for him at first, she seems to really trust him, too, which means he can't be a bad person."

About Edrick

"This one's a lot like me, as far as I can tell. He seems to be a farmer, and know his way around a lot of farm-talk; it's nice to talk to someone who knows what I'm about, y'know? He seems really kind, too. Not really sure how Peaches feels about him, but that's probably just because I got too into farm-talk."

About Lincoln

"This one's hard to say. He's rough around the edges; extremely so, but not in the same way as Alois. He's... Quiet. I think he's always thinking, about a lot of things. But he's kind, too. He was the first one to help me treat my wounds, and I can tell that he's really trying, even as quiet as he is. Peaches also seemed to really... Get him, like, trust him. So I know he's good, just like Gunther, but maybe even more-so."

About Ciela

"She's... Well, she's been mostly unconscious for as long as I've been here, and we didn't really interact either! So I'm not really sure how I feel about her. She uses healing magic, which is... Really something I'm not sure how to feel about, but she's likely got her own reasons for doing so, I think. I'll have to speak with her more... Peaches seems similarly confused."

About Sienna

"This is another one I've not really got much to say about, sorry. We've barely interacted, and-- To be honest, I'm really confused about her... Everything. She can turn into a human? Or, is it that she can turn into a fox...? Peaches seems a bit afraid of her, too..."

About Tsetseg

"She definitely hates me. There's some deep-seated hatred in those little eyes. I'm not 100% sure what I exactly did, but it definitely seems to be related to the relations of our countries. Not sure I'm a fan, to be honest. She's scared of Peaches too, which is a huge no-no."

About Raki

[Hasn't Met Yet] "He seems like he's going to be fun to get to know. Having someone else who understands how important a Wyvern is to you, it's... Going to be nice. Though, I can already see Peaches throwing a fit about there being TWO Wyverns now, haha."

Misc. Information Regarding Her Wyvern + Wyvern Stats

Spoiler

Her Wyvern, Peaches, is a good bit older than Citron herself, though still small in stature for a Wyvern. Peaches at times seems as if she has little flying experience, and yet at others flies as naturally as any Wyvern should, in part due to the fact that she was Citron's Grandfather's wyvern. The story says that she was bred between a green and a light pink Wyvern, and that she took mostly after her mother. She was properly named Persica, but as that was too difficult for Citron to say, she calls her Peaches. She seems to be attached to Citron almost at a hip, at times, and they are nearly inseparable at any rate; because even as personality-filled as she is, she's still loyal to a fault.

Stats:

Str: C - 4

Skl: D - 2

Spd: C - 4

Lck: C - 4

Def: B - 8

Res: D - 2

Edited by Tiamat's Circus

Hey, I recently got a new phone and for some reason I can't get my original Discord account. Could someone reinvite me to the chat? My new username is Windy, number is #8456.

Spoiler

E54FQBk.png

"Oh Goddess, what is happening...?"

Name: Edrick Roransson

Birthplace: Pharaon, Western Pontus

Appearance: 

Spoiler

iJKO0x2.jpg

Sans armor, for now.

Height: 6'0"/183cm (Congratulations, the boy has grown an inch)

Weight: 160lbs/72.5kg (He also hasn't been eating so well with all this physical activity)

Personality:

Spoiler

Edrick has so far remained a fairly simple young man, even though his means, desires, and troubles have become considerably less so. Even so, the life of a farmer grows ever more distant behind him as adventuring and fighting leave their mark upon his body and mind. What sorts of plants could grow in what ground still come naturally to him, but every day his stance gets a little firmer and his strikes more precise. Caught in the middle of this transition, the still remarkably young man finds it difficult to contend with this new lot in life. Though the difficulty is not nearly so concerning for him as how quickly he has begun to overcome the issues of combat and death. Even though faith in Inera long ago washed away any fear he had of dying or killing, he knows that his mother and father wished for a more peaceful life than what he now lives. Though the young Pontic has yet to reach a breaking point, the turmoil within him is steadily building. It will boil over eventually, and who can say what will become of him when it finally does?

The greatest source by far of this turmoil so far has been the challenging of his faith. Inera's power is not in question, it never was, but her worthiness for worship most certainly is. Having witnessed the Awakened firsthand, he finds his dreams frequently troubled by visions of hordes of unfeeling, unfaltering warriors with gleaming red eyes. He is still not afraid to die, and it is unlikely he ever will be, but what comes after has come to confront him and he is uncertain how to feel. Even so he still has some amount of hope. The Abbott told him of how The Goddess once was, and so his faith yet clings on. If she has changed, then perhaps that change can yet be overcome.

But even so, at his core he remains much the same. Still just as likely to speak his mind as ever, and unafraid of seeming callous. A trait perhaps made worse through his association with the princesses. His distaste for lying, liars, and thieves remains, but he has begun to appreciate them as well. In the same manner a craftsman appreciates an unfavored tool. 

Biography:

Spoiler

Edrick was born to the Archbishops Roran Stronghammer and Katrina the Even-Handed in the final years of the Lyonesse War. What should have been a childhood privileged by the best that Western Pontus could provide was cut tragically short when Pharaon came under siege by the Galtean/Histian Alliance. His first year was puntuated by intensifying violence around him, and the ever more frequent absence of his Father and Uncle. Eventually he evacuated with his mother, so young that he had to be carried lest he slow them down. His parents tell him that he cried bitterly when his father returned and his uncle, Eragon, did not but he scarecely remembers. The Siege of Pharaon is little more than the stuff of stories and an occasional nightmare to him, and he was instead raised as far away as his parents could get from that place.

Thus he grew into himself in a town so small that is is not on any map, except those used by the locals. On the banks of the Lanti, which runs cold from the Farpeaks and comes to rest in Lake Amphis he tended first his father's fields, and grew into a fine young farmer. As talented in growing crops and raising livestock as his father had been in war, people took to calling him "Strongplow" when his father couldn't hear it. Even so he played as all young boys did, and their playing at war would inevitably send them all to either the Chapel or back to his mother Katrina for healing and a lecture on how they should be more careful. Though as all young men do, Edrick eventually came into adulthood. At the age of 15 his father helped him build a small house and stable over some good fertile fields, and as a final present before he moved out he was given a young horse named Elba.

Elba proved to be "the most stubborn fucking mare you ever got to pull a plow." Every day he tried to break ground with her was a challenge, and some thought he'd have to sell her and get an ox instead. But eventually the boy figured out how to coax her into working instead of forcing her, and his first harvest was better than anyone could have hoped it would be. The whole town thought that Edrick Strongplow would turn into a local legend, and they were right. For entirely different reasons. A few nights after that first harvest he awoke to a racket, and when he came outside he saw a robed figure riding away on Elba. He shouted for her to come back, but she didn't. The following day he made up his mind to go after her, and he fashioned his Scythe into a weapon then sold all that he had to finance his journey after them. He said his goodbyes, and went West as fast as his feet could carry him following the trail. But he lost that trail somewhere on the plains of Locris in the bitter Winter, and might have lost his life had a group of tribesmen not taken him in and outfitted him to cross the snow.

His wandering eventually brought him into Histia, where he came across the Princesses and their entourage waylaid by bandits. He joined in the fighting, briefly mistook Catriona for Inera herself made manifest, and has traveled with them ever since. He has still yet to catch wind of Elba or the mysterious thief who took her, but he yet holds out hope. Even though their quest to prevent Inera's return has complicated his simple errand.

Combat Information

Class: Lancer

Stats:

HP - B

Str - B

Mag - E

Skl - D

Spd - B

Lck - C

Def - E

Res - C

Fighting Style:

Spoiler

Thanks in no small part to training from Link, Edrick has come into a somewhat peculiar style of fighting. Rather than focus on stabbing, sweeping, or any of that with his Lance he instead seeks to control the momentum of any fight he is in. Whatever it takes, wherever and however he has to hit he is steadily becoming an unyielding force to be reckoned with and an element that is at once reliable and unpredictable. Reliable in that he can hold his ground, in no small part thanks to having Ciela practically nailed to his back, but unpredictable in what he might do to achieve victory.

Inventory:

Spoiler

Carried in a well-worn, heavy backpack that he has had with him since he first left are all the essentials you might need for a lengthy journey. A small tent, provisions, cooking gear, and other miscellaneous items. Some more important items are:

Iron lance: A sturdy spear tipped with an iron head, and the first proper weapon Edrick has wielded. While he is less familiar with it than he was with his Warscythe, he is most certainly better off with it in the long run. For one, it's less liable to break when he stabs someone with it.

Frog Gambeson: Given to him by the Frog Tribe, who he assisted and helped to keep from fighting the Fox tribe, this light padded armor provides a fair amount of protection without impeding movement. Additional armor can be worn over it to provide more protection without impeding comfort over much, but it's not great for hot environments.

Devotional Icon: Wrought iron in the shape of a crow's skull framed by feathered wings, now stained with blood, this depicts the War and Death aspect of The Goddess Inera. The faith that has been entrusted into this small Idol of the goddess seems to briefly grant extra protection from magic, though at some cost to Catriona. However much power is invested in it is hard to say for sure, for it has only been used once so far.

Holy Water: A glass bottle covered in the iconography of Inera's Light and Life aspect, as well as imaegery related to Undeath. It contains a small amount of water, which protects those annointed with it from magical harm for a short time.

Assorted Bottles: Edrick has taken to collecting loose, empty bottles when he comes across them. He is not yet sure what use they will have, but he knows they will have one eventually. Currently he only has two large bottles on him.

Spoiler

Character Opinions:

Catriona: "What is there to say about her? She's cold, detached, and imposing. Just like how dad said her dad was. But sometimes it feels like there's something else there. Like she really, really wants to just... not be a princess. To not have this fate thrust upon her. And knowing what I do now, I can't say I blame her. Well... okay it's that or she's offended by my smell."

Alois: "I like him. He reminds me of some of the other kids back home in Pontus, really. Not sure if he'd appreciate the comparison, but he seems really... normal. He's one of the only people I feel like I get. He's too close to Penelope but... that's..."

Penelope: "Oh Goddess above can she ever talk your ear off. If you give her anything she'll be running her mouth for the next hour, and I swear it's like she thinks everything in the world can come out of books. But just... she gets so excited about all of it that she's just a joy to listen to. Nobody else can make you care as much about Galtean myths and legends as she can. And her voice is just... a... a joy to listen to. Right..."

Gunther: "I don't think he likes me. I'm not really sure what I can do to change that, and I really think the two of us could be friends if he just... gave me a chance."

Link: "He's a better man than he thinks he is, and as much as I'm sure he'd disagree if I said it to his face he deserves much better than he thinks he does. And I know he really cares about all of us. Honestly he kinda reminds me of my dad. I think they'd like each other."

Rohns: "Tiny menace. Tiny. Menace. I need to buy some sort of traps to keep him out of the food."

Ciela: "I'm not sure what to think about her. She clearly cares about us, the Goddess's magic wouldn't work for her if she did, but... I don't understand her. Inera's magic is supposed to be a reward for faith in her, and yet Ciela is probably the worst worshipper of her I've ever met. I'm not even sure she does worship, since I've never seen her pray. Well... maybe she's better off for not praying..."

Remy: "Good boy. He puts up with a lot. Horse out of Horse."

TsegTseg: "If I ever needed proof that the Locrisians aren't all one culture, the difference between her and Asura is all I would have needed. She's bubbly in all the ways he was serious, and she's simple. With her you get everything you see right up front when you meet her, and... I missed that. Everyone out here seems so guarded and on edge, and I'm glad I met someone who isn't afraid of seeming ridiculous."

Citron: "Maybe this seems weird to say, considering how short a time I've known her, but I trust Citron. She seems a bit like my Sister. Well, like how I remember my sister before she went off to join the Clerica. Just as good with animals if how she handles Peaches is anything to go by."

Peaches: "I love this enormous scaly baby."

Sienna: "I'm not really sure where to even start with her. I guess if you told me a year ago I was going to meet a girl that could turn into a fox and throw fire at me I'd have called you crazy. And now here I am. And like so much else I'm learning I don't know what to think or feel about her. I... I guess that's why I haven't spent much time with her. I should try to change that."

Edited by Asriel Dreemurr

Totally Not Evil Party Member

Spoiler

InowTYs.png

“The stars have aligned.”

Name: Abdul Jalal Al-Azif; born Abdul Jalal Ahmad

Birthplace: Palaea, Isauria
Appearance:

Spoiler

1200px-Occultist.png

5’ 9”, 135 lbs. Abdul appears to be much older than he claims he is, with a heavily wrinkled face and streaks of grey in his beard. His sumptuous silk robes are adorned with various curios from all across the continent.

Personality:

Spoiler

Abdul’s merchant upbringing had left an indelible mark on him, which he uses to great effect in his adventures. Practiced in the art of diplomacy and well-versed in many languages, both living and dead, he is a natural diplomat, salesman, and scholar. When he is among nobility, he conducts himself with grace and dignity, often impressing them with his eloquent speech and erudition not usually found among the merchant class. When among the common folk, he is an affable and intriguing conversationalist, even if they may consider him a bit of a snob.

Being a well-traveled man and used to acting as a middleman, Abdul considers himself to be above petty differences between the rival nations, often trying to broker peace and understanding between those with more nationalistic tendencies. While proud of his homeland and its deep, ancient culture, he makes pains to speak highly of the other nations, usually implying that each nation is as honorable and noble as all of its neighbors. Despite his strong distaste for the current religious order of Isauria, he keeps these criticisms to himself to avoid confusing or alienating his allies.

Many of Abdul's positive qualities tend to be overshadowed when one is predisposed to dislike him. His unnaturally aged visage and hollow tone of voice tends to offend the deeply religious, giving the most sensitive among them the impression that his dark magics have transformed him into something not entirely human. Even to the most reasonable person, Abdul appears to be uncommonly vigorous despite an apparent affliction with a debilitating wasting sickness. He tends to speak about morbid subjects very lightly, as if he is completely unaware of how a decent person should react to such things. His fascination with otherworldly horror and forbidden knowledge tends to get him into dangerous situations, apparently lacking a normal fear response to such things.

Biography:

Spoiler

Born to a successful merchant family, Abdul spent most of his childhood under his father’s wing, learning the tricks of the salt trade. Traveling across the continent, Abdul was exposed to the vibrant cultures of the neighboring kingdoms, learning languages, geography and the art of diplomacy. His learning also expanded into the practice of dark magic, where he proved to be a savant of sorts, quickly mastering techniques that many apprentices would struggle with for many years. Whether he would take over the family business or make a name for himself as a shaman in service to the Archmage, his family was certain he would bring honor to the House of Ahmad.

While on a trading mission, he came upon a curio shop run by an ancient crone on the shore of an isolated desert oasis. In that shadowy and incensed tent, he came across a strange, leather-bound tome decorated with esoteric symbols, titled “Al-Azif”. Entranced by its latent mysticism, he purchased it from that swarthy figure and pored over its contents day and night immediately upon his return home. Within it held forgotten secrets of an ancient religious order from Isauria's distant past. Within its crumbling pages, it told a tale of the greatest dynasty, which led its people through a golden age before its enemies of a rival religion destroyed it and struck its name from all history and monuments.

From that moment, his growing passion for this ancient religion began to supplant his trade, forgoing trade missions for intense study of a growing collection of books and scrolls. As his passion grew into an obsession, he began to see his family less and stopped his travels all together, save for occasional sojourns to consult with ancient sages that lived deep in the Murial Desert. The constant studies, which often lasted through the night, and his frequent blasphemies directed towards the ruling family of Isauria made his family uneasy with him. The breaking point came when he issued one of his blasphemies while in the presence of one of the high priests who happened to be visiting at the time. Displeased by his son’s blatant disregard for household peace and facing threats to the whole family, Abdul’s father issued an ultimatum: Renounce his heretic faith or leave the family.

Abdul, who claimed that the ancient king could once again bring Isauria into a golden age, decided on the latter. He took only the Al-Azif with him, with the rest of his expansive collection of books and scrolls being burned by his family. However, he did not live alone for long. Word of his heresy caught the attention of secretive occult orders within Palaea that still held onto these ancient ways. It was these orders that gave Abdul safe harbour and allowed him to continue to practice his faith. Seeing his talent in the dark arts, they made him an agent to further their goal of supplanting the current God-King cult as the dominant faith of Isauria.

However, their priorities shifted once they caught wind of widespread rumors of a rival cult in Pontus attempting to resurrect the Dark Goddess. Fearing the worse, they backed Abdul with supplies and training, giving him the mission to investigate these rumors and, if the rumors proved to be true, aid whoever has the power to stop her return.

Combat Information:

Spoiler

Class: Shaman (Dark Tome)
Stats:
    HP - C
    Str - E
    Mag - A
    Skl - C
    Spd - D
    Lck - E
    Def - E
    Res - B

Fighting Style:

Spoiler

Abdul's use of dark magic may appear to be the same as any other shaman, but those well versed in the dark arts will notice certain differences that show his mastery with dark magic. While most shamans would draw life energy from themselves or their surroundings to power their magic, Abdul sometimes draws on the life force of his enemies and uses it against them, making him a dangerous adversary. Not the most capable combatant, Abdul prefers diplomacy and subterfuge over direct hostility. When forced into direct conflict without allies to protect him, he will flee if his enemy cannot be immediately overpowered. While intimidating, the skull he carries is merely for show.

Inventory:

Spoiler

Tome: Luna (35/35)
3 Vulneraries
Tome: Al-Azif (unusable)
The Master’s Skull
Pack Camel
Assorted Spiced Teas
Tea Set
1000 gold

Other Information:

Spoiler
  • Musical Theme
  • Abdul is a tea enthusiast, considering himself to be a connoisseur. He shares his passion for tea as a part of his salesmanship and diplomacy as often as he uses it to relax and unwind.

Edited by Otaku-sama

After some tweaks, Abdul is accepted. We'll try and find a way to insert him into the RP as soon as we can.

Let us know if you want to be added to the Discord chat too.

Hello! Can I make a couple of questions?

1- Is it still possible to join?

2- What knowledge is needed if yes? Should I read the IC?

Yeah it's definitely still possible! This RP is always accepting, though there are a couple limitations. Apps have to first be approved by both Cow and I before the character is accepted, and the vetting process is a bit more thorough than most RPs. Also, it will usually take a while after acceptance before the character can be inserted into the RP, as it's already ongoing. Usually a few weeks, minimum.

And before making a character, you should at least read both the Fire Emblem Guide (especially if you're new to the Fire Emblem series) and the Setting google docs. Though for the setting it's mainly the first part and the specific country you want your character to be from. I do recommend at least skimming the IC or asking Cow and I for a brief summary of what's going on--the Timeline google doc is also good for knowing exactly everything that's happened so far in the RP.

While not required, it's also recommended to take a glance at the character roster and any waitlisted characters to get a sense of the people your character would be interacting with.

While that might sound like a lot to read, it's really not that much more than what's required when joining a new RP. The main difference is most of the info is already out there to read and not in the process of being thought up, so don't let that put you off if you're really interested in joining. ?

Wandering Stable Boy

Spoiler

Identity Information

Name: Raki Araiza

Birthplace: Isauria, though his mother's family is from Eastern Pontus and he spent there the last year.

Appearance:

Spoiler

BFtzoEC.jpg
Height: 1,71 m (5'7'') Weight: 70 kg (154 lbs)

A platinum-blonde boy whose physique hides more strength than it looks like. He usually has more smiling and less bare chest going on than what shown in the image.

Personality:

Spoiler

Optimistic and enthusiastic at the prospect of finding new places and honing his skills, Raki is a rather cheerful individual most of the time. This is the result of a combination of his upbringing, having always wondered how the world made by the Goddess that his mother taught him about was, and the belief that no matter what awaits him and Garinphasia, the worst is behind them, and they can take on any obstacle as long as they're together. Time will tell if he's right or wrong.

The time spent in the stable around the powerful wyverns made him appreciate the strength they carried and that was needed to handle them, and the death of his mother only reinforced that conviction of his. He'll become the strongest wyvern rider alongside Garinphasia (his wyvern), and no one will be able to hurt those he cares about in his presence anymore. He can be as recklessly and relentlessly aggressive on the battlefield as much as he can be naive towards things like political backstabbing and the cruelty of a large-scale war, especially that which comes from the armies of the faithfuls.

His faith in the Goddes is strong, a treasured gift of his mother, though very basic. While he knows of the basic principles, he sorely lacks the knowledge about the formalities and rites of the faith his mother couldn't teach him. Speaking of the teaching of his mother, she was unable to teach him about the continent of Mysia beyond her limited knowledge, and the time spent with his uncles could do little for this fact. This makes him even more eager to find out new things, as in a sense, he is quite ignorant about the world. For example, while he knows that good people can easily not be believers of Inera, he has serious trouble understanding why exactly someone would hate the Goddess, though his experience taught him to think twice before revealing his faith to someone who doesn't share it.

He has... mixed feelings towards Isauria. On one hand, it is the land from where his father came from, and the place where he grew up and met Garinphasia. On the other hand, It is also the house of the blasphemous Dark Magic and the place where his mother was killed. He has no more ties that bind him to that place but his memories, and he doesn't want to be dragged down by them. Overall, he doesn't necessarily hate the nation or its people, but he holds no particular love for the country, and he's doubly wary than usual about revealing his faith and origin when Isaurians are around. He may fail to understand the hate for the Goddess, or not know first-hand the Galtean hostility for her, but he definitely knows the Isaurian one. Once bitten, twice shy. The Irony of him fearing Isaurians, not unlike Isaurians may fear Pontics is lost on him.

Before setting off on his own, he briefly considered joining the Pontic military to make a living, but since wyvern riders aren't exactly a common part of Pontus army, and he wouldn't leave Garinphasia, who was already quite suffering being stuck an unable to move around much in a climate so different from the one she was used to, he decided against it. He is now traveling, searching for employment and exploring the continent.

Biography:

Spoiler

Son of Isabelle, a woman from  a village in the Trapezus Region in Eastern Pontus, and Azel, an Isaurian traveling merchant. While both interested in the other, due to the work of him they had known each other for quite some time without being able to settle together. However, as the news of Histia joining Galtea in the Great War reached them, Azel took finally proposed to Isabelle and asked her to come with him in Isauria, where she would have been safe however things went. Azel's respect for the Goddess despite not being Pontic had made him a welcome guest in the village, and with the blessing of the local priest they got married and went on to take residence in the Isaurian city of Titio.

Things seemed to go fine, until, a few years after the end of the war, the merchant convoy Azel was traveling with was raided by bandits, and the man himself killed. Without the support of her husband, Isabelle had to grow The young Raki by herself, teaching him the faith of the Goddess Inera in that land so foreign to it. Thankfully, the two managed to find a job at a big wyvern stable, whose owner had been an old friend of Azel.

There Raki learned about the caretaking of those scaly creatures, passing his days working with the wyverns and learning from his mother, who planned to return home with him as soon as they gathered enough money. Though he passed them mostly indoors, Raki remembers fondly those years. In this period Raki met the ferocious wyvern Garinphasia, with which he would in time manage to bond with. Fascinated by the wyvern's stubborness and pride, even while locked and chained up, Raki decided to see for himself who between them was the most determined. The two had a rather rocky start, but in the end, Raki managed to be allowed to take care of her, though she still refused to be touched by anyone else. Besides his mother, Garinphasia became the one individual he was most closely attached to in his life.

The new routine continued for years, until an incident damaged part of the stable, wounding a few wyverns and workers. The real or presumed sighting of a figure holding a holy symbol near the accident site identified the perpetrators as sympathizers of the Goddess, and tension rose as Raki and his mother became the target of the suspicion. The breaking point came two evenings later, as a small group of angry citizens approached Isabelle and Raki to "interrogate" them regarding the whereabouts of the friends she was most certainly hiding. Raki tried to defend his mother, but was promptly forced into submission and beaten into the ground. Incapable of doing anything as Isabelle received the same treatment, Raki could only pray to the Goddess.

And with a deafening roar, the Goddess answered.

The wyvern Garinphasia had somehow freed herself and arrived to Raki's rescue, and the two used the surprise to their advantage and fought as one for the first time in their life, taking down the attackers as they made their way to Isabelle. Despite their efforts, the two were outnumbered, and the surprise couldn't last forever. Before they could reach Raki's mother they began to be pushed back, and as the ones that had been busy beating Isabelle down finally left her to join the battle, they decided to kill her for good. Raki and Garinphasia were then forced to flee.

With the help and protection granted by the wyvern, the two  managed to make it all the way from Isauria to Pontus, and the exhausted duo was rescued by some villagers in the Trapezious region, who with the help of the stories Isabelle told him about her old home guided him to the village the rest of his family lived in.

His uncle and aunt took him in as their own child, and Raki could find the time to grieve, heal and train with Garinphasia. However, his uncles could not afford to feed him and a fully-grown wyvern indefinitely, and since Raki would absolutely refuse to leave her, the two bid farewell to Raki's Uncles and set off on their own.

Combat Information

Class: Wyvern Rider

Stats:

HP - B

Str - B

Mag - B

Skl - D

Spd - C

Lck - D

Def - D

Res - E

Wyvern:

Str - D

Skl - C

Spd - C

Lck - C

Def - B

Res - D

Fighting Style:

Spoiler

Raki's strength isn't the result of his capabilities only, but comes from the combination of both himself and Garinphasia. They move as one, each and every attack carrying the fury of both mount and rider against the enemy. His favorite strategy is to dive at the enemy at full force, overwhelming them in a chaotic onslaught to capitalize on his strength and make up for his lack of precision and formal training.

Inventory:

Spoiler

- Bronze axe: A farwell gift by Raki's uncles, it's a bit old, but can serve its purpose.

- Rudimental wyvern harness: Raki spent enough time working with such things to know more or less how they're made and how they work, and managed to recreate one for Garinphasia during his stay in the Trapezus region.

- Pendant: A small pendant. It has no value besides the sentimental one, as it used to belong to Isabelle.

- Old Headgear: An old head protection given to him by his aunt when he left. "It belonged to your grand-grandfather" she said. "It's not much, but it could help should you fall down while riding."

Other Information

Garinphasia

Spoiler

A female wyvern with a common dark blue coloration for her scales, that fades into purple on her belly. Raki is unsure of how old she is, but she's most likely quite older than him.

She had been captured by some users of dark magic and sold to the stable Raki worked in, as the owner hoped to use her to breed a line that retained her ferocity and strength in battle, but no one, human or wyvern, was able to approach her. Hearing this, the twelve years old Raki tried to sneak in to see for himself this untamable fury.

Two months later, he was still recovering.

However he did not give up, and with a more cautious approach Raki slowly managed to gain Garinphasia's trust. Or maybe she just took pity on him, only she knows.
Their bond has grown even stronger after their escape from Titio, and though she has mellowed out a bit, she's still very aggressive when Raki isn't around to calm her.

Edited by Arkars