Persephone Diggen

some suggestions

Question

hi, why there are only common, rare and secret rare cards? when are you going to put the other rarities? I have another question, why types of monsters in the same place with spell and trap cards? they need to be separate from each other, every monster type in one place and the spells and traps types in another place, do you understand what I'm trying to say? I hope so

6 answers to this question

9 hours ago, Persephone Diggen said:

hi, why there are only common, rare and secret rare cards? when are you going to put the other rarities? I have another question, why types of monsters in the same place with spell and trap cards? they need to be separate from each other, every monster type in one place and the spells and traps types in another place, do you understand what I'm trying to say? I hope so

Q: Why are there only common, rare and secret rare cards?

A: Certain rarities have little that sets them apart from the others, so I didn't really feel the need to add more than the ones that are currently supported. There is also the point of creating a convincing foil effect for the ultra rare cards, which is probably harder than secret rare (where the specks are the defining feature).

The other rarities migt be added once I have figured out how to create an effect that conveys the rarity in question. 

Q: Why are monster types in the same place as spell and trap cards?

I take it you are referring to the input field which is used for inputting "Spell Card", "Trap Card", "Aqua / Effect" and so on. Given they both refer to the type of card, and aren't present at the same time as eachother, I felt the textfield could be reused. The interface is already somewhat cluttered, so I wanted to keep it down a bit.

You could argue that the option to set the card type is not needed in case of Spell/Trap cards, but there is somewhat of a precedent in the form of "Magic Cards" (that type was used for Spell Cards early in the game, the change was probably made due to Magic the Gathering). Providing the option didn't take all that much effort, and allows for creating cards in a foreign language as well (the Attribute will display the wrong name though).

3 hours ago, Persephone Diggen said:

I don't understand your comment

Yemachu is the person who created this cardmaker, and Tormented was mentioning him so that the next time he visits the site, he will see your suggestions.

18 hours ago, A Bad Crapguide said:

Yemachu is the person who created this cardmaker, and Tormented was mentioning him so that the next time he visits the site, he will see your suggestions.

I know he's the creator, and I hope he'll see it

15 hours ago, Yemachu said:

Q: Why are there only common, rare and secret rare cards?

A: Certain rarities have little that sets them apart from the others, so I didn't really feel the need to add more than the ones that are currently supported. There is also the point of creating a convincing foil effect for the ultra rare cards, which is probably harder than secret rare (where the specks are the defining feature).

The other rarities migt be added once I have figured out how to create an effect that conveys the rarity in question. 

Q: Why are monster types in the same place as spell and trap cards?

I take it you are referring to the input field which is used for inputting "Spell Card", "Trap Card", "Aqua / Effect" and so on. Given they both refer to the type of card, and aren't present at the same time as eachother, I felt the textfield could be reused. The interface is already somewhat cluttered, so I wanted to keep it down a bit.

You could argue that the option to set the card type is not needed in case of Spell/Trap cards, but there is somewhat of a precedent in the form of "Magic Cards" (that type was used for Spell Cards early in the game, the change was probably made due to Magic the Gathering). Providing the option didn't take all that much effort, and allows for creating cards in a foreign language as well (the Attribute will display the wrong name though).

I actually tried the foreign language and it's great, too bad that most of the cards by Kazuki Takahashi are in English, Japanese and Korean, maybe I would've any idea how to write the text in Hebrew

Edited by Persephone Diggen