Shradow

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night

Iga's Kickstarter from 2015 has finally borne fruit. I'm just waiting to get my physical copy but it looks really good and reviews have been great as well. People wanted more Metroidvania and that's exactly what they're getting. All the game modes and stuff coming in the future as free DLC will be cool. I'm also really curious about that Child of Light music at the end, is Aurora gonna be the 3rd playable character or something?

Just finished my completionist run.  Gotta say it was everything I wanted it to be.  It plays very similar to Symphony of the Night, the progression feels about on pace too.  It's surprisingly shorter than I thought it would be but at the same time it's not abysmally so.  It took me around 50 hours to do one blind playthrough and then a NG+ where I 100%'d it.  Can't wait for more stuff to do.

So, does anyone know if the Switch version is still trash? I really want to pick up the game, but the only way I have to play is Switch and it didn't come out of the gate too hot.

6 minutes ago, Flame Dragon said:

So, does anyone know if the Switch version is still trash? I really want to pick up the game, but the only way I have to play is Switch and it didn't come out of the gate too hot.

It's been said patches are on their way. But this was back in late June. Last I checked earlier this week, no update has been implemented.

Guess I'm waiting then. Shame since the game really does look great and of the big Kickstarter games from several years back this is the only one that got such a warm reception. 

26 minutes ago, Flame Dragon said:

of the big Kickstarter games from several years back this is the only one that got such a warm reception. 

Yooka-Laylee wasn't that bad, it gets a bit too much crap but it did pretty well. It certainly had some problems, but if MN9 is a 5/10 and this is a 9/10, YL was a solid 7/10.

Edited by Shradow

I agree on Yooka-Laylee. I played and 100%ed it so I got what I wanted, but I know it was pretty mixed. I've never played MN9 but 5/10 seems generous from what I've heard. Honestly, I'm just happy we finally have a huge success.

(yes I know a lot of Kickstarter games go to be praised, but those were the 3 headliners and only 1 really got there)