Sign in to follow this  
Nyruxes

Yu-Gi-Oh! New Olympic Archetype named "Olymp"

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Princess Raven
      So... Most people won't know this about me, but generally when I play this sacred card game we all love so much, I have a tendency to place my cards in the center of my field first. My brother on the other hand, tended to place his cards on the right side of his field. This always bugged me as a kid, becuz I couldnt figure out which way was correct.. or if neither were. To remedy this, I had thought up the idea of an archetype that forces the player to think strategically about where exactly they play their cards, as it could seriously impact the duel - for better, or for worse. Problem was, I never knew how to word the effects, since cards like "Which Starling" and all of the "Mekk-Knight" cards hadnt even been a twinkle in anyone's eyes yet. But now, my friends.. Now, after many years of having this concept and a rather poorly thought out and rushed attempt about a year ago, I can proudly say that I'm not only giving this dream concept of mine another shot, but that I've decided to go ahead and revamp my old attempt, by making changes to the old designs and attempting to make them quite a bit more thought out.

Here's the basic idea, at it's simplest:

WATER Psychic Ritual Archetype, based on humanoid slime creatures, that focuses heavily on the strategic and careful placement of its own cards in order to properly utilize the versatility of its abilities. The lower Level "fodder" monsters have a certain effect they can earn depending on which of these three MMZs theyre in: Center, Leftmost, and Rightmost. They also have a bit of a floating effect on destruction involving an opponent's card, becuz I was having major issues with being forced to end my turn cuz I got negated merely once. Plus, theyre slimes. They aint particularly easy to kill. The Bigger, Bossier, Ritual monsters of the archetype focus on disruptive effects on summon with column play, they give buffs or get abilities when there is an archetypal monster in an adjacent MMZ to them, and some gain an additional effect if there is a Spell/Trap card in the adjacent space below them. 

Now that the basic summary is out of the way, without further ado, the "Protean" archetype:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Main Deck Monsters
      Cerulean Protean
      WATER - Level 3 - Psychic/Effect - 800/1300
      This card gains 1 of the following effects, depending on which Main Monster Zone it's in:
      ● Rightmost: Increase this card's Level by 1.
      ● Leftmost: Once per turn; you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Protean" monster from your GY.
      ● Center: Once per turn, you can shuffle 1 "Protean" card from your GY into your Deck, then draw 1 card.
      If this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Protean" monster from your hand or GY, except "Cerulean Protean". You can only use this effect of "Cerulean Protean" once per turn.

Lavender Protean
      WATER - Level 3 - Psychic/Effect - 1000/1000
      This card gains 1 of the following effects, depending on which Main Monster Zone it's in:
      ● Rightmost: Once per turn, you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Protean" monster from your hand.
      ● Leftmost: Once per turn, when a Ritual Spell is activated; you can draw 1 card.
      ● Center: Psychic monsters you control cannot be targeted by your opponent's card effects.
      If this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Protean" monster from your hand or GY, except "Lavender Protean". You can only use this effect of "Lavender Protean" once per turn.

Seafoam Protean
      WATER - Level 4 - Psychic/Effect - 1300/1200
      ● Rightmost: All Ritual Monsters you control gain 500 ATK.
      ● Leftmost: You can reveal 1 "Protean" Ritual Monster in your hand; Special Summon 1 "Protean" monster from your Deck whose Level is equal to the difference between this card's and the revealed card's Level. You can only use this effect of "Seafoam Protean" once per turn.
      ● Center: Once per turn, you can banish 1 "Protean" monster from your GY; this card's Level becomes the banished monster's Level.
      If this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Protean" monster from your hand or GY, except "Seafoam Protean". You can only use this effect of "Seafoam Protean" once per turn.

Vermillion Protean
      WATER - Level 4 - Psychic/Effect - 1400/1100
      ● Rightmost: If you activate a Ritual Spell, or if a Ritual monster's effect is activated; your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response.
      ● Leftmost: Once per turn; you can send 1 "Protean" monster from your Deck to the GY.
      ● Center: During your Main Phase; you can add 1 "Protean" Spell/Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Protean Lavender" once per turn.
      If this card is destroyed by battle or an opponent's card effect: you can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Protean" monster from your hand or GY, except "Vermillion Protean". You can only use this effect of "Vermillion Protean" once per turn.

Magenta Protean
      WATER - Level 6 - Psychic/Ritual/Effect - 1000/2000
      You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Protean" Ritual Spell. If this card is Ritual Summoned: destroy all cards your opponent controls that share a column with this card. If a monster in a Main Monster Zone adjacent to this card would be Tributed for the Ritual Summon of a "Protean" monster: you can treat that monster as all the necessary Tributes for the Ritual Summon.

Scarlet Protean
      WATER - Level 7 - Psychic/Ritual/Effect - 2500/2400
      You can Ritual Summon this card with any "Protean" Ritual Spell. When this card is Ritual Summoned, return all cards your opponent controls that share a column with this card to their hand. Once per turn: you can target 1 monster your opponent controls; Psychic monsters in Monster Zones adjacent to this card gain half the targeted monster's ATK until the End Phase. If you control a Spell/Trap card in your Spell/Trap Zone adjacent to this card: this card can attack twice per Battle Phase.

Silver Protean
      WATER - Level 8 - Psychic/Ritual/Effect - 3000/2300
      This card can be Ritual Summoned with any "Protean" Ritual Spell. If this card is Ritual Summoned: You can banish all cards your opponent controls in this cards column. Monsters in Main Monster Zones adjacent to this card cannot be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects. If you control a Spell/Trap card in your Spell/Trap Zone adjacent to this card: once per turn, you can destroy all Special Summoned monsters your opponent controls with original ATK less than or equal to this card's current ATK.

Spells and Traps

Protean Arcane Torrent
      Continuous Spell
      If this card is activated: You can add 1 "Protean" monster from your Deck to your hand. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of the following effects:
      ● Move 1 "Protean" monster you control to another of your Main Monster Zones.
      ● Switch the locations of 2 "Protean" monsters in your Main Monster Zones.
      You can only activate 1 "Protean Arcane Torrent" per turn.

Riverbed of the Proteans
      Field Spell
      When this card is activated: you can add 1 "Protean" card from your Deck or GY to your hand. You can only use this effect of "Riverbed of the Proteans" once per turn. Psychic Ritual Monsters you control gain 500 ATK and DEF, and cannot be targeted or destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Protean Metamorphosis
      Ritual Spell
      This card can be used to Ritual Summon any "Protean" Ritual monster from your hand or GY. You must also Tribute monsters from your hand and/or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual monster you Ritual Summon. If this card is in your GY: you can Tribute 1 "Protean" monster you control; add this card to your hand.

Protean Emergency Morph
      Continuous Trap
      When your opponent declares an attack, or when your opponent targets a monster(s) with a card effect: you can reveal 1 Ritual monster in your hand; Tribute from your hand and/or field monsters whose total Levels equal or exceed the revealed monster's, then Special Summon the revealed monster (This Special Summon is always treated as a Ritual Summon). Once per turn, you can banish this card from your GY; "Protean" monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle this turn. You can only use each effect of "Protean Emergency Morph" once per turn.

Extra Deck Monsters

Rainbow Protean
      WATER - Rating 2 - Psychic/Link/Effect - 1300/2
      Link Markers: South, Southeast
      2 "Protean" monsters
      If this card is Link Summoned: you can add 1 "Protean" Ritual Monster from your Deck to your hand, then immediately after this effect resolves, you can Ritual Summon it to a Zone this card points to, by Tributing monsters from your hand and/or field whose total Levels equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster. Ritual Monsters this card points to gain 500 ATK and DEF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whew! That was a lot.. Please feel free to critique these and give inputs on what needs nerfed, what needs boosted, etc. But as of the current moment, I feel pretty good about the way this turned out!~ P.S. I dont have a clue how to utilize spoilers in this format, so sorry for the wall of text..
    • By SK79LinkXyz
      The Mirvor Archetype focuses around quick link plays and equipping creatures out of the gy for advantages while setting up the GY with ideal targets that will equip to other creatures.

Ancient Mirvor Summoning Scroll: Quick-Play Spell
      Special Summon 1 level 4 or lower "Mirvor" monster from your Deck. While this card is in the GY you can discard 1 "Mirvor" monster card to add this card to your hand. You can only activate "Acient Mirvor Summoning Scroll" once per turn.

New Mirvor Calling Scroll: Normal Spell
      Add 1 level 4 or lower "Mirvor" monster from your Deck to your hand. While this card is in the GY you can discard 1 "Mirvor" monster card to add this card to your hand. You can only activate "New Mirvor Calling Scroll" once per turn.

Mirvor Temple: Field Spell card
      When this card is activated: you can add 1 "Mirvor" Spell or Trap card except for Field Spell card from your Deck to your hand. If a "Mirvor" monster your control is equipped with a "Mirvor" monster in your Spell & Trap Zone, the equipped monster gain ATK and DEF equal to the ATK of the equip monster's ATK. If this card would be destoryed or targeted by your opponent's card effects, you can send 1 "Mirvor" monster in your Spell & Trap Zone to the GY instead. While this card is in the GY you can discard 1 "Mirvor" monster card to add this card to your hand.

Tricky Mirvor Equip Scroll: Normal Trap
      Discard 1 card then, Target up to 2 level 4 or lower "Mirvor" monster(s) from your GY and equip the targeted card(s) to 1 face-up "Mirvor" monster you control. While this card is in the GY you can discard 1 "Mirvor" monster card to add this card to your hand. You can only activate "Tricky Mirvor Equip Scroll" once per turn.

Mirvor Shi : | Level 3 | EARTH | Pyro-Type | Effect monster | 1200 ATK | 1150 DEF |
      You can discard this card to shuffle 1 "Mirvor" monster with a different name in your GY into your Deck, send 1 "Mirvor" monster from your Deck to the GY then draw 1 card. If this card is Summoned: add 1 Level 4 "Mirvor" monster from your GY to your hand. If this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone and equip to a "Mirvor" monster, once per turn you can Special Summon 1 "Mirvor" monster in your Spell & Trap Zone.

Mirvor Li : | Level 4 | WIND | Aqua-Type | Effect monster | 1300 ATK | 1250 DEF |
      While this card is in the GY, this card is treated as a level 3 EARTH Pyro-Type monster. Once per turn during either player's turn you can discard this card to send 1 "Mirvor" monster with a different name than this card then, draw 1 card. If this card is Summoned: target 1 level 3 or lower EARTH Pyro-Type monster from your GY and equip the targeted card to this card as a equip spell. If this card would be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects you can send 1 "Mirvor" monster equipped to this card to the GY instead. If this card is equipped with a "Mirvor" monster would battle a monster, before the damage step you can target 1 Spell or Trap card your opponent controls and if you do banish the targeted card face-down. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Mirvor Mei : | Level 4 | WIND | Aqua-Type | Effect monster | 1400 ATK | 1350 DEF |
      While this card is in the GY, this card is treated as a level 3 EARTH Pyro-Type monster. Once per turn during either player's turn you can discard this card to send 1 "Mirvor" monster with a different name than this card then, draw 1 card. If this card is Summoned: target 1 level 3 or lower EARTH Pyro-Type monster from your GY and equip the targeted card to this card as a equip spell. If this card would be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects you can send 1 "Mirvor" monster equipped to this card to the GY instead. If this card is equipped with a "Mirvor" monster would battle a monster, before the damage step you can have your opponent randomly banish 1 card from their hand face-down. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Mirvor Zhi : | Level 4 | WIND | Aqua-Type | Effect monster | 1500 ATK | 1450 DEF |
      While this card is in the GY, this card is treated as a level 3 EARTH Pyro-Type monster. Once per turn during either player's turn you can discard this card to send 1 "Mirvor" monster with a different name than this card then, draw 1 card. If this card is Summoned: target 1 level 3 or lower EARTH Pyro-Type monster from your GY and equip the targeted card to this card as a equip spell. If this card would be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects you can send 1 "Mirvor" monster equipped to this card to the GY instead. If this card is equipped with a "Mirvor" monster would battle a monster, before the damage step you can target 1 other monster your opponent controls and if you do banish the targeted card face-down. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Mirvor Rou : | Level 3 | EARTH | Pyro-Type | Effect monster | 1100 ATK | 1050 DEF |
      You can discard this card to shuffle 1 "Mirvor" monster with a different name in your GY into your Deck, send 1 "Mirvor" monster from your Deck to the GY then draw 1 card. If this card is Summoned: add 1 Level 4 "Mirvor" monster from your Deck to your hand. If this card is in your Spell & Trap Zone and equip to a "Mirvor" monster, once per turn you can Special Summon 1 "Mirvor" monster in your Spell & Trap Zone except this card.

Mirvor Wen : | Level 4 | WIND | Aqua-Type | Effect monster | 1000 ATK | 1550 DEF |
      While this card is in the GY, this card is treated as a level 3 EARTH Pyro-Type monster. Once per turn during either player's turn you can discard this card to send 1 "Mirvor" monster with a different name than this card then, draw 1 card. If this card is Summoned: target 1 level 3 or lower EARTH Pyro-Type monster from your GY and equip the targeted card to this card as a equip spell. If this card would be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects you can send 1 "Mirvor" monster equipped to this card to the GY instead. If this card is equipped with a "Mirvor" monster would battle a monster, before the damage step you can banish the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck face-down then draw 1 card. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

Mirvor Xing : | Link 2 | WIND | Aqua-Type | Link Effect monster | 2000 ATK | Link-2 | Pointers: Points south and south east | 2 non-Link "Mirvor" monsters |
      When this card is Link Summoned: you can discard 1 card then, target up to 2 level 4 or lower "Mirvor" monster(s) from your GY and equip the targeted card(s) to this card. While this card is in the GY, this card is treated as a level 3 EARTH Pyro-Type monster. Once per turn during either player's turn you can discard 1 level 4 or lower "Mirvor" monster to send 1 "Mirvor" monster with a different name then, draw 1 card. If this card would be destroyed by battle or your opponent's card effects you can send 1 "Mirvor" monster equipped to this card to the GY instead. If this card is equipped with a "Mirvor" monster would battle a monster, before the damage step you can inflict damage to your opponent's Lie Points equal to the number of banished face-down cards x 200 then banish the top 3 cards of your opponent's Deck face-down. You can only use each effect of this card's name once per turn.

• By johnny
      So, this is my second and probably final post for today, cause upon reading my custom made cards, I realized I should not make them too strong, but rather fun to use and actually viable. Still, I just like greek mythology so I made these cards according to my liking. Hope you enjoy.

Text:
       If you have 3 or more Fairy-type monsters with 2100DEF and different attributes in your GY, you can special summon this card. This card`s special summon cannot be negated. You can tribute this card to destroy all monsters your opponent controls. Your opponent cannot activate cards and effects in response to this card`s activation. If this card leaves the field, you can special summon 1 "Olympus" monster from your hand. It cannot attack this turn. You can only control 1 "Zeus of Olympus, Emperor of Thunder". You can only activate each effect once per turn, and only once that turn.

Text: 
      If you control "Zeus of Olympus, Emperor of Thunder", you can special summon this card from your hand. If this card is summoned this way, you can add 1 "Olympus" card from your GY to your hand. During your main phase, you can send 1 "Olympus" monster from your Deck to the GY. You can only activate each effect of "Hera of Olympus, Empress of Rebirth" once per turn, and only once that turn.

Text:
      If any effect that would activate in the GY, or an effect that would move a card in the GY is activated, you can discard this card; negate that effect. If this card is in the GY, you can discard one Fairy-type monster with 2100DEF; banish one card in your opponent`s GY. If this card leaves the field, you can add one level 6 or lower "Olympus" monster from your deck to your hand, if you do, discard 1 card. You can only activate each effect once per turn, and only once that turn.

Text:
      If this card is normal or special summoned, add 1 "Olympus" monster from your Deck to your hand. You can normal summon this card by tributing 1 "Olympus" monster. Once per turn, you can discard one card to destroy 1 Spell/Trap card your opponent controls. 

Text:
      If this card is normal summoned, or special summoned by the effect of "Olympus" card, target one monster your opponent controls; destroy it. If this card destroys an opponent`s monster by battle, all monsters you control gain 200 ATK. If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect, target one monster your opponent controls; negate its effect until the end of the turn. You can only activate each effect of "Ares of Olympus, Emperor of Swords" once per turn, and only once that turn. 

Text:
      You can discard this card to add 1 "Olympus" Sell or Trap card from your Deck to your hand. You cannot special summon "Hephaestus of Olympus, Emperor of Forging" the turn you activate this effect. If this card is special summoned by the effect of "Olympus" card, add 1 "Olympus" Spell or Trap card from your GY to your hand. You can only activate each effect once per turn, and only once that turn.

Text:
      If this card is special summoned by the effect of "Olympus" monster, you can return this card and one card your opponent controls to the hand. You cannot summon "Hermes of Olympus, Emperor of Cunning" the turn you activate this effect. You can only activate the effect of "Hermes of Olympus, Emperor of Cunning" once per turn, and only once that turn. 

Text:
      Send 1 "Olympus" monster from your deck to your GY, then add 1 level 7 or lower "Olympus" monster to your hand. You can only activate this effect once per turn.

Text:
      Target 1 "Olympus" monster you control. This turn, it is unaffected by your opponents card effects. If an "Olympus" monster would be destroyed by battle or card effects, you can banish this card from the GY.

Text:
      Special summon 2 "Olympus" monsters with different names from your GY. Their effects are negated and they cannot attack this turn. If this card`s activation is negated or destroyed by your opponent`s card effect and sent to the GY, add 1 "Olympus" monster to your hand. You can only activate each effect once per turn and only once that turn.

Text:
      Discard 1 "Olympus" card to special summon 1 level 9 or lower "Olympus" monster from your hand or GY. You can activate "Olympus Ambush" only once per turn.
    • By TCgamerboy2002
      Hiya, folks! Name's TCgamerboy2002, TC for short. I'm more into Yu-Gi-Oh! person than any other card game. I'm a gamer by trait, mostly console games, but I have dabbled into PC games on occasion. I've played Yu-Gi-Oh! log ago, but I stopped playing because the rules started getting complicated, what with the synchros and the xyz's, and whatnot. Recently, my bro started marathoning Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters on Netflix and I started getting re-interested in the games again, especially with monsters that are more suitable to me nowadays.
      I'm more of an imagineer as I have so many ideas, may it be story or characters. So I figured maybe I should take a shot at this Card Maker to see what I can make with it. I might make an archetype of my own someday, but for now, I can only talk about ideas.
      I really hope to have a good time here. ?