Sign in to follow this  
Princess Raven

Dova as a Yu-Gi-Oh Card?! Preposterous!

So, I was messing around on the Discord server, and ended up making this as a joke. However, Dova himself actually liked it, so why should I let it go to waste? Here it is:

Dova, the Avian Reptile
WATER - Level 6 - Winged-Beast/Effect - 2000/1800
When this card is Tribute Summoned, you can target 1 WATER monster in your GY, add it to your hand, and if you do, shuffle 1 WATER monster from your GY into your Deck. When this card leaves the field, you can Special Summon 1 WATER monster from hand, then shuffle this card into your Deck.

Putting aside that I cannot picture a winged WATER reptile, it does looks decent. Not sure if it warrants a hard OPT on the last effect to deny any kind of possible loops, but it shouldn't be that big of a deal since it's a Summon from hand.

If anything, you could make it Level 5 so it becomes Normal Summonable without Tributes with Legendary Ocean.

And this is the very first written card of the new forum xD

I suggest the "when" should become "if" in the last effect. That way the card could activate that effect when it is Tributed or being used as a material, or when effects that activate when they destroy something are kicking in against it.

Also, the part where it shuffles 1 WATER from your GY into the Deck, I suggest instead saying "from a GY" so if you don't feel like recycling your stuff at some point, you get the option to do stuff like return an opponent's Treeborn Frog or something like that instead. It's niche and situational but would be fun.

If Darj's suggestion gets considered, I'd recommend changing "When Tribute Summoned" into "When Normal Summoned" so that the Legendary Ocean combo suggested above could work out better. It'd be very nice to have this be an easy Coelacanth Summon haha.

To quote a friend: Seems pretty bad. Doesnt do anything on the field, helps to recycle resources but WATER has much better. And the easily missed timing. Cute though.

It would need a facilitator to want to summon during your opponents turn rather than just generic.

42 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

And this is the very first written card of the new forum xD

First Written Singles yea, but there's been posted like 11 cards in the two set forums all in Written format.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By radio414
      source
      my psct-fu is out of date since i haven't made a yugioh card in a few years but sometimes you relisten to a banger song and remember that there's a yugioh archetype with a similar name and while you want to make a shitpost but also you want to put some effort into it and make it look nice. that's not just me, right? for the stats i just stole from danger! chupacabra since the effects are similar.
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Cyber Jammer
      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
      EARTH Warrior/Effect
      ATK 2000, DEF 2400
      If a Fairy or Warrior monster made a direct attack this Battle Phase, you can (Quick Effect) reveal this card in your hand: Normal Summon 1 monster OR Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters from your hand or field as Fusion Material. You can only use this effect of "Cyber Jammer" once per turn.

I hope you weren't expecting a Cyber Dragon card! The Cyber Girls are a group of mostly-EARTH Warrior monsters also originating from Yugioh GX that really never took off the way their successors, the Cyber Angels, eventually would. I felt like making one of my own to at least relate to what most of their effects did as several of the Cyber Girls have effects relating to direct attacks and their boss monster, Cyber Blader, happens to be a Fusion Monster. The Cyber Girls all have something to do with female sports or athletics, so for this one I felt like going with roller derby since I haven't really seen that used as an aesthetic for anything in the game to the best of my knowledge. Enjoy!
    • By Truffle Shuffle
      Angelfood
      ⭐⭐⭐ LIGHT FIend/Effect
      ATK 1000 | DEF 1800
      If this card is sent from the hand or field to the GY: You can Ritual Summon 1 Non-Effect Ritual Monster from your Deck. This effect of "Angelfood" can only be used once per turn.

The result of some drawing practice I felt like making into a full card. A pretty straightforward effect that's probably significantly more powerful than I imagine it to be. But hey, those dusty Performance of the Swords and Crab Turtles in your box of old cards deserve some love.
    • By The Chayncemaniac
      When this card leaves the Field, you can add 1 "Spellbook" Spell card from your Deck to your Hand.