RoBro

New to NCM

Question

Yeah, I've been using YCM casually for a few years now, just to make some trashy memes, you know the drill. When I stopped being able to upload images to it I found out about this and came here, tried the NNCM and I have a quick question.

Why does it feel worse?

It feels a lot more tedious to use given how you have to manually type some stuff out that you wouldn't have to before. And the card saves as a json file instead of like... A normal picture. And it's that last bit that I wanna focus on because I wanna know, is there any way to save it as a picture on my phone that I'm missing?

I know this sounds lazy but i really don't wanna have to get an app to dig through the json file or do it all on my computer to send it to my phone, it just feels like a bunch of extra steps were added for this when I just wanna make a dumb card and leave.

Edited by RoBro
Typos and rewording stuff.

4 answers to this question

The rendered image is actually a canvas element. That type of element allows for code to draw images and text onto it, but not all browsers provide an easy way to download the contents of said canvas. You might be able to download the image by simply clicking on it with the left mouse button, or tapping it (depending on the device).

There are plans for improving on a variety of issues that people have brought up, like saving the image. I'm unfortunately somewhat short on time.

On a computer you can save the preview image of the card by right clicking and selecting "Save Image as". Presumably you can save it to your phone by using the equivalent process for saving any other image you find. IDK much about phones compared to computers so I can't help with the phone aspect.

27 minutes ago, I Hate Snatch Steal said:

On a computer you can save the preview image of the card by right clicking and selecting "Save Image as". Presumably you can save it to your phone by using the equivalent process for saving any other image you find. IDK much about phones compared to computers so I can't help with the phone aspect.

You normally press and hold for that kind of stuff but for some reason it doesn't even treat the preview as an image. Instead it just highlights the effect text or the text of something else on the screen, its bizarre.