ZetaRESP

Fairy Break! [OOC/PG-16/Not Started/Accepting]

Plot:

Spoiler

50 years ago, a shooting star shower fell all over the planet, much to the dismay of scientists. The stars were actually star-like pods that fell all over the planet. These stars were capsules, bringing invisible beings, smaller than the human hand, called Faerids. These Faerids eventually began to bind themselves to children, becoming visible and slowly growing with them and their desires, granting the children abilities that are tied with these desires. These children, called Sparkles, are mostly females for some reasons, but it's not strange for a boy to become a Sparkle.

These Faerids were not actually doing this willingly. Neither they came just to perform this union. The following sequence is in every Sparkle's minds in the moment of connection: Faerids are beings from an Earth-like planet on a double star system in the Andromeda Galaxy. This planet died due to the actual dominant species, which are called The Darkoos (names are, of course, things of the children), which are the human equivalents of the planet. They drove a lot of species to extinction in the attempt to tame their planet. Seeing this, the surviving Faerids, which were usually hunted down and forced to give psychic nurture to the Darkoos, decided to flee by gathering near a mountain of Crystal and, guided by a mysterious voice, they fused with it, turning it into a super fast meteor that broke the laws of physics in order escape the dying planet. They began to grow and mature as ethereal essences in this star until it broke down by hitting the moon (because why not). The impact shattered the crystal over our natural satellite, but the ethereal beings were called by the voice to fly to the planet and gather humans using the shards as "ships"... for the Darkoos will follow. Half a Hundred of Dances on the Star will pass.

After this, the first Sparkles began to gather up and try to discover what may this prophecy lead to... with the smartest ones believing it to be more AROUND rather than ON and suspecting that, in around 50 years (half a hundred times Earth "dances" around our star), the beings that already wrecked a planet would come to wreck another one. The Sparkles kept coming in increasing numbers, so the oldest ones began to teach the younger ones about the new powers they were getting, the prophecy meaning and what not and not to long afterwards, an academy was made for these Sparkles, the Fae Academia.

And now, you became part of this world. Come in, have a blast. It's time to do your best! Fairy Break!

Lore Info:

Spoiler

A Faerid is a small space being being whose appearance is related to the desire of the Sparkle they are bound to (example, a candy-related desire makes the sparkle may have candy-themed looks), though they all have a pair of eyes, mouth, antennae, feet, arms and a pair of small wings. Their body state tends to match that of their Sparkle, as they are as tired, hungry or ill as them, meaning they have a symbiotic relationship with them. They float, don't need to breath and can pass through anything except crystal and they have no special abilities other than those.

A Sparkle is a kid bonded to a Faerid, which in this case are newly bonded kids around 10-16 y-o, and they all gain a certain visible mark on their body (like a colored stripe on their hair or skin marks or even iris shapes deviating from the norm). They are mostly females (out of 8 Sparkles, only 1 is a boy) and they all have a power or "Talent" that's related to the deepest desire they had when they got bonded to a Faerid and said Talent's strength depends on both the experience and stamina of the user. They also need to be close to their Faerids for their powers to work properly and they may feel increasingly tired if the separation lasts too long.

When the situation is dire, though, Sparkles can call for their Faerids to fuse with them, causing a temporary transformation and power boost until the Sparkle is worn out or it's willingly called off. This is called a "Fairy Break" and may be called willingly or accidentally by either party. The form of the Fairy Break is tied to both the power and the personality of the Sparkle. In this form, the Faerid is only visible and heard by their bonded Sparkle. The transformation ends abruptly when it does and always lead to a bit of hunger (the "bit" depending on the used energy). If it's ended by the Sparkle being worn out, it will also leave them powerless and tired afterwards.

Another thing to know is that... well, Faerids are not THAT abundant, so Sparkles ARE special in the setting.

RP Info:

Spoiler

This is basically me throwing out the first thing I can in the table. After remembering that this year we'll get in the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11's landing on the moon (random data that came to my brain), as well as watching a lot of Miraculous (I... guess it was obvious from a start, though). I hope this one works. Under popular demand, this now has a proper story line: a race of aliens called the Darkoos are on the way to Earth, though they will reach the moon first, following the escape of the Faerids, and there is an emergency from whoever led the Faerids to the planet. Of course, the invasion will land and act more like in the shadows.

Application:

Spoiler

Name: (Nicknames can be added too)
Appearance: (add height and weight, but can put art instead of a description; add both normal and transformed)
Backstory: (6 lines min)
Personality: (4 lines min)
----
Sparkle Mark:
Faerid: (Name and appearance)
Talent:

Accepted Characters:

Spoiler

To be added

Did I do this right? I'm also accepting any one to co-host.... you know, just in case.

Edited by ZetaRESP
Name Change...

I'm a little confused here... U don't really have a plot set forth, rather, in your plot section u have simply the backstory of Faerids and a mere explanation of what Faerids r doing nowadays. While the latter could be implemented into the plot, the former simply doesn't belong in the "Plot" spoiler. It's also worth noting that, even if u were going for a more casual kind of RP, there would still need to be a basic plot element, to keep players interested. Doesn't have to be anything complicated, but maybe a simple antagonistic character for the players to have to take down at some point thru the bond of their Faerid could do the trick. Other than that, looks great, and, provided we get some sort of plot going, u have my interest.

Edited by Princess Raven

Got me there, actually. I kinda pulled a bit of this from my proverbial hat. I'll fix it when I get home...

11 hours ago, Princess Raven said:

I'm a little confused here... U don't really have a plot set forth, rather, in your plot section u have simply the backstory of Faerids and a mere explanation of what Faerids r doing nowadays. While the latter could be implemented into the plot, the former simply doesn't belong in the "Plot" spoiler. It's also worth noting that, even if u were going for a more casual kind of RP, there would still need to be a basic plot element, to keep players interested. Doesn't have to be anything complicated, but maybe a simple antagonistic character for the players to have to take down at some point thru the bond of their Faerid could do the trick. Other than that, looks great, and, provided we get some sort of plot going, u have my interest.

I think I fixed the plot thing...