s9Yoglc.jpg

Effect: "Genex Controller" + 1+ non-Tuner DARK monsters

When this card is Synchro Summoned, declare 1 Phase: Skip that Phase during your opponent's next turn.

Swift wording fix:

When this card is Synchro Summoned: Declare 1 Phase; skip that Phase during your opponent's next turn.

Anyhow... It is an interesting revisit of the old Genex Synchros that actually use Genex Controller. Chrono means time which works against the flavor of Genex that use Genex Controller since they all relate to some source of energy (e.g. wind powered, solar, geothermal, hydroelectric). Not sure how DARK would correspond as an energy source though thinking about it which is probably why Konami left it alone until they made Genex go different directions... Twice. One being when they became R-Genex, the other being when they became Genex Ally. Perhaps if you made it one of those 2 it would fit the flavor better since they really let the theme go there.

With flavor out of the mind, though this effect is... Hmmm. Interesting. So if one was going skip Phases the ideal ones to hit are the Draw Phase, Main Phase, or the Battle Phase. Standby Phase doesn't pose much of a threat to be skipping, Main Phase 2 is skippable by  skipping Battle Phase so you can already kill two birds with one stone there, and nobody is skipping the End Phase.  Skipping any of the 3 Phases that I mention to be ideal can be devastating: Hitting the Draw Phase means your opponent essentially minus and gets no new resources, skipping Main Phase 1 means your opponent is forced to conduct their Battle Phase before they can do anything on their Main Phase 2, and skipping their Battle Phase can halt the advancements your opponent makes in beating you to the pulp and prevent them from going to Main Phase 2.

Another thing to note is that since this doesn't have a hard once per turn, you can pull this effect off a multiple number of times in a single turn... How might you ask? De-Synchro https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/De-Synchro If hitting one Phase wasn't bad enough, hitting two or more is more than debilitating to make them unable to make a single play that turn. Now because this has an outdated tuner to use and it requires a DARK non-tuner it could definitely be acceptable in todays standard until Genex get some kind of way to make things more quickly.

Now the real question in my honest opinion is does this help Genex.... Kinda, not really. I mean yeah they get a new Extra Deck member great, but uhhh yeah this thing would probably rather be used in another Deck that can just splash in Genex Controller and maybe Unexpected Dai and use that De-synchro strat I mentioned earlier. Genex unfortunately still aren't going anywhere with what they currently have Main Deck wise: no means to get out multiple members on the field (except some Machine Duplication shenanigans), really clunky and convoluted searchers, and to top it off no Spells or Traps that relate to archetype at all. It is a great Extra Deck tool don't get me wrong, but what is the point of if Genex struggle to make it in the first place.

Edited by BGMキャノン

A "You can only use this effect of X once per turn" a.k.a a hard OPT clause is in order, IMO.  Even it's tough to lock by summoning this twice per turn or once per turn Yata-garasu-style, I would rather be safe and don't try the loopy combo-savvy players.