Sign in to follow this  
Thomas★Zero

Marco Polomerization [Written]

Marco Polomerization
Quick-Play Spell Card
(This card is always treated as "Polymerization".)
Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using 1 or monsters you control and 1 monster from your hand Fusion Material. You can banish this card from your GY; Target 1 Fusion monster you control: Banish the targeted monster until the End Phase this turn, and if you do, gain LP equal to the targeted monsters ATK. You can only use each effect of "Marco Polomerization" once per turn.

Edited by Thomas★Zero

Don't you mean "Macro" instead of "Marco"? Or is there a joke I don't get. Regardless, good old Poly is still doing well with all the support it currently has. What makes you think it deserves an improvement such as this? I'm genuinely curious.

1 hour ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

Don't you mean "Macro" instead of "Marco"? Or is there a joke I don't get.

Look at the first four letters of the second word.

10 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Look at the first four letters of the second word.

Ah, so there it is. Odd, and I thought I even double read the second word. Guess I needed more than 2 reads.

With that name and this card being a blatant upgrade of Poly, I can't take it seriously. It should be in the Joke cards section instead, IMO xD

Edited by A Crap Guide to CC

7 hours ago, A Crap Guide to CC said:

...this card being a blatant upgrade of Poly...

TZ actually made an edit to this card on YCM because someone said the exact same thing.

Dunno if he'll change it in the OP, but here's the edited version:

Marco Polomerization
Quick-Play Spell Card
(This card is always treated as "Polymerization".)
Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck, using 1 or more monsters you control and 1 monster from your hand as Fusion Material. You can banish this card from your GY; Target 1 Fusion monster you control: Banish the targeted monster until the End Phase this turn, and if you do, gain LP equal to the targeted monsters ATK. You can only use each effect of "Marco Polomerization" once per turn.

i.e. you have to have use at least 1 monster on field and 1 in hand, you can't use all monsters from either location.  Honestly, I really like this restriction.

I t does put it in a nice spot, IMO. It's in between regular Poly and the alternate Poly that fetchs you a card draw but only takes monsters from the field. Instead this offers some LP and freeing the EM Zone. I would be more comfortable if it gave you LP equal to half the ATK, but full ATK should be fine. I guess you would be gaining 2800 or so in average.