LordCowCow

Games You Love But Never Played

Anyone else got these? A video game, or series, that you really enjoy despite having never played it?

For me it's Shantae for the animation and artstyle and Etrian Odyssey for the art and just the entire idea of the game.

I've always admired FromSoftware's boss designs, as well as their worlds and settings. Never touched any of their games, though. You can imagine why.

Final Fantasy as well. Great music, great character designs, and pretty decent storylines. Just not my kind of gameplay.

Overwatch. I like to read about the characters, updates, material like origin stories, comics, etc. and I watch streamers play it in Twitch sometimes. But I don't plan on actually playing it, at least not for the time being.
League of Legends: Similar to Overwatch, I like reading about the characters and looking at the different skins, but unlike with Overwatch, I don't watch gameplays. I did watch a couple of games and I stumbled upon characters tutorials, but wasn't entertaining enough to me to get hooked.

The Ace Attorney series and Undertale, though I have technically played both a little bit, but never finished them on my own, but have watched walkthroughs of all of them. For one I have not played at all, Wind Waker, I plan to play it one day though.

FGO's characters are like, the best. They're so varied and cute and likeable and well designed, especially when there's so many artists behind them. I wouldn't play it though, heard nothing about it other than that it's unbelievably stingy.

16 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

Anyone else got these? A video game, or series, that you really enjoy despite having never played it?

For me it's Shantae for the animation and artstyle and Etrian Odyssey for the art and just the entire idea of the game.

Play EO. You won't regret it.

Eternal Sonata is one. Mostly for the music, which is impossibly good even by Sakuraba standards.

The biggest heresy might be Breath of the Wild. But I might be getting around to it in a more unconventional way this year.

6 hours ago, mido9 said:

FGO's characters are like, the best. They're so varied and cute and likeable and well designed, especially when there's so many artists behind them. I wouldn't play it though, heard nothing about it other than that it's unbelievably stingy.

So figured I'd just have a say here. A someone who recently started...I don't think so. Yes it's hard to get specifically what you want but honestly it has been pretty good to me at giving me things of each class I at least want to use and train. It's slow, for sure, but I think it's fine.

The Silent Hill games. I barely played a demo of The Room, but would play the first 3 games. The characters, story, and music are all great. And I'm a sucker for many things occult in media.

I remembered another. Gravity Rush. The gameplay looks fun and I like the idea of gravity powers action/adventure game.

Also the MC has a great design.