Sign in to follow this  
Gorlois

Spacing on Mobile

Question

Hello. I have quickly come to notice that there does not seem to be a way, from what I can see, to write on a line directly below the previous line on mobile. When I press enter, it automatically puts me two lines down, and I can’t get to the line between them no matter what I do.

None of the icons seem to help with this either. There is bold, italic, underline, emojis, spoiler text, url paste, some magnifying glass thing that doesn’t seem to do anything, and the source code. I have toyed around with the code as much as I can think of and it’s no use - it automatically sets every line of text into a paragraph, which in turn automatically splits the lines. 

I must of course ask if there is something I’m missing here - is there maybe a command I can enter in the source code that stops this? Any help would be very appreciated!

2 answers to this question

This forum's software double-spaces it between paragraphs automatically. This was something I had to get used to when we moved here from a different site, but I don't really know anything about mobile browsers so I can't say I know how to help you if you're looking to do
something
this

The best I can offer you is knowledge that shift-enter on PC only takes it down a single line instead of the two this forum does on its own. If you know of a mobile equivalent to shift-enter (or just try shift-enter if mobile keyboards have both of those keys), try that out to see if it works. If you want to try playing with the source code a bit, it seems that <br> is a piece of code that gets put between single-line breaks, if what I did above is anything to go by. Try experimenting with that a bit perhaps, if mobile keyboards lack a shift key to shift-enter with or an equivalent command. Do be careful with source code though, since I'm not sure how badly you could break something with a weird and obscure mistake, even if it's just line breaks.

Ah, yes, adding <br> does seem to have made it work. 
A bit of a bother to do that every time, but I’m sure I’ll get used to it.
Thanks a lot!