Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Bog Frog

Bog Frog

WATER

✪✪ (Level 2)

[Aqua/Effect]

ATK/ 1400 DEF/ 800

(Quick Effect): You can send this card from your hand or your the field to the GY; take 1 "Wetlands" from your Deck, and either activate it or add it to your hand. While this card is banished, Aqua monsters you control gain 300 ATK and DEF.

Support To:

Referenced Field Spell (Wetlands):

Edited by BGMキャノン

I love how simply by modifying the field searching effect, you made a field searcher that simultaneously provides its respective field spell with a huge buff. Not only does this essentially turn Wetlands into a hand trap, which, while its targets will still be losing to a lot in battle, could be very relevant in the right matchup; it also ensures that nothing will happen to that Wetlands right up until you need it. In other words, it boosts the defensive capabilities of the card as much as it does the consistency, which overall makes it a very concise and potent support card for this sub-strategy. Great work.

I'm not a great fan of Cross Wing-type effects on principle (and I don't think R&D is either with how avoidant they are of them), due to how difficult they inherently are to deal with - especially if they're banished. I'm certainly not terribly excited about the idea of 3k+ Toadallies running about via what might as well be a Skill unless you're running Necroface or that Pot card. Still, it is only 300 ATK, and you need to go out of your way somewhat to set them up, so I am overreacting - I just generally think it's a line better off uncrossed. It's certainly a welcome bonus from a Wetland player's perspective, anyway.

The last aspect of this card that I like is the statline. You've been faithful to the tradition of sorts of field searchers having high ATK, with 1400 being, as far as I recall, one of the highest among Wetlands targets. This makes additional copies you draw playable as decent beaters that, even after being summoned, can be used to keep the Wetlands alive.

Overall, this card has great structure and direction, concealing an admirable degree of complexity within a simple effect. A very high-level creation indeed.

Given the hit to stuff like Metaverse and Terraforming, I'm sure Frogs would appreciate this walking Wetlands Metaverse. I take it the last effect is to go in conjunction with Ronintoadin. Even just having one banished turns Toadally Awesome to a 2500 body. Doesn't do too much to Frogs to raise alarms, but I'm sure they'd still very much appreciate it.