Ash

Bring back custom member groups?

Do you want custom Member Groups back?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want custom member groups back?

• Yes
    • No

Hi All,

Just trying to get the general consensus of were the forum currently lies in regards to the member group situation.

Please vote in the above poll so I can gauge where the member base stands.

I've not locked this thread to allow for discussion, please be civil with each other.

I say we should.

While this isn't YCM anymore, people did work hard for them, and they're some of the things we can realistically restore on a request basis.

However, there are some conditions I personally think should apply.

1. Member Groups will be set to the same level as the account's current level, and they can be upgraded as the account is upgraded.
  2. Member Groups must still be purchased. We should work out a scheme for the cost, based on the observed point economy after... I'd say 2-4 weeks?
  3. Restored Member Groups, meaning those from YCM, must also be purchased. However, they would have a large discount applied, possibly 75-80%.

Possibly more, but this is what comes to mind off the top.

3 hours ago, Black said:

I say we should.

While this isn't YCM anymore, people did work hard for them, and they're some of the things we can realistically restore on a request basis.

1. Member Groups will be set to the same level as the account's current level, and they can be upgraded as the account is upgraded.
  2. Member Groups must still be purchased. We should work out a scheme for the cost, based on the observed point economy after... I'd say 2-4 weeks?
  3. Restored Member Groups, meaning those from YCM, must also be purchased. However, they would have a large discount applied, possibly 75-80%.

I agree with basically all of this.

I don't really want to see the bottom of the site turned into a skittles ad again, but yeah I guess it would make a lot of people happy to have them.

Full support to custom groups.

On 1/9/2019 at 6:46 PM, Black said:

I say we should.

Mostly agree on this except on the discount part. IMO all YCM members who were known to have enough points for a title should be eligible for the discount. At least in my case, I had the points but wanted to celebrate a 10k post milestone by purchasing myself a title. Needless to say, I don't have points for it now and wouldn't wait until 10k posts again.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:54 PM, Darj said:

Full support to custom groups.

Mostly agree on this except on the discount part. IMO all YCM members who were known to have enough points for a title should be eligible for the discount. At least in my case, I had the points but wanted to celebrate a 10k post milestone by purchasing myself a title. Needless to say, I don't have points for it now and wouldn't wait until 10k posts again.

I concur. I'd like my member group back but I had a lot of points. It'll take me forever to reach a fraction of that to purchase a new group, even at a discount.

21 hours ago, Sophia said:

I had four of my own paid member groups. How do you intend to go about that?

I’m not sure how much I like the idea of having a boat load of groups buuuuuuut I think it’s only fair you retain what you had.

To be fair, all of you still have your groups on YCM.

And you can still probably buy a custom member group there.

:>

10 hours ago, Aix said:

To be fair, all of you still have your groups on YCM.

And you can still probably buy a custom member group there.

:v

I'm on it actually xD
Although IDK who is in charge of custom member groups in YCM anymore. Seems Flame Dragon would be it.

Edited by Darj

I actually used to think custom member titles were mostly Sakura's thing, and wasn't sure if they'd even keep being a thing after Sakura stepped down.

ATM, YCM is up and custom titles are still over there, and we already paid for those.
I would like Custom Member Titles to stay here but I don't think we really need to be entitled to any sort of discount. That is that and this is this IMO.

So, the tl;dr is...

20000 points to get a new Member Group.

1000 points to restore a YCM Member Group OR to change to another member group you own.

You can purchase more member groups, and you will be listed as owner, but you cannot have more than one at a time. (Hina is exception because she got in before the changes.)

Simply PM a Super Moderator or Admin to have your group made. Hex Code, name, and any other info must be provided. Groups will be based on your current level, and cannot be used to rise above it.

Sounds kind of tall if you don't come from YCM. I'm 3rd top poster and I still have less than one tenth the amount after 20 days.

Does the offer of 1000 hold if minor changes are requested (like a new color for the glow) or only if it's exactly how it appears at YCM?

2 hours ago, Sleepy said:

Sounds kind of tall if you don't come from YCM. I'm 3rd top poster and I still have less than one tenth the amount after 20 days.

Does the offer of 1000 hold if minor changes are requested (like a new color for the glow) or only if it's exactly how it appears at YCM?

You have to remember that member groups are meant to be the "biggest reward" and not just a thing everyone can have. Plus once more events and tournaments start up again it'll be easier.

As to the second, uh, I'll have to let Black answer that I'm unsure.

7 hours ago, Black said:

1000 points to restore a YCM Member Group OR to change to another member group you own.

You can purchase more member groups, and you will be listed as owner, but you cannot have more than one at a time. (Hina is exception because she got in before the changes.)

What are the differences between anyone else and I, precisely and directly?

22 hours ago, Sleepy said:

That's the price for changing between groups. Other prices are not yet determined.

18 hours ago, Sophia said:

What are the differences between anyone else and I, precisely and directly?

You had 4 groups. You can keep all of them at once.

Anyone in a similar situation could do such, as well, but I believe you're the only one or most notable.

Now that a chunk of site members are starting to approach and break the 1,000-point threshold Black talked about a couple posts up, it feels like a good time to bring this topic back up again. Are there any solid numbers on membergroup prices? Are minor alterations allowed between old YCM groups and their Neo counterparts? Basically, what all does the mod team have figured out for these?

Minor Alterations are fine.

Custom member groups will retain the same pricing, at least for now.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.