Sign in to follow this  
Timeskipper

Pokèmon - The Ashes of Conflict [PG-16, Hosted by Timeskipper and Dad] (Interest Check)

"Our story starts a long, long time ago. Back when there were no pokèballs or trainers other than rudimentary artisanal devices, when pokèmon were more like wild animals and occasionally pets, and set in the region of Palmyra, a land of deserts, rivers, mountains and sea. The peace enjoyed by the various city-states of the prosperous land for decades ended abruptly when two neighboring kingdoms grew interested in seizing it for themselves. They schemed, pulled strings and sowed enmity between the people of Palmyra, until finally war broke out.

The kingdom of Fresia called on the people of the coast, leveraging their status as their former citizens and their envy towards their rival city of Marmara. The kingdom of Miklagarth encouraged the expansionist efforts of Miah Ramiqa in the neighboring valley to the detriment of the Surya people, turning what was a friendly relationship of neighborhood into open hostility. When they retaliated, Marmara supported them. Friendships crumbled, love turned to hate, caravans were replaced with weapons. Three years, the Tripartite War lasted, until finally, the exhaustion, famine and unbearable losses forced all of the parties involved to call for a ceasefire.

Over the first week from the proclamation of the ceasefire, numerous incidents are already threatening this fragile peace. Former friends still look at each other with suspicion, and the three contenders cannot agree on anything, even the seat for the peace talks. To solve this precarious situation, they have finally agreed to call upon a renowned foreign diplomat, Sirafina, famous throughout the known world for her wisdom and even-handedness. Sirafina accepted, but before presiding over such an important event, she needed to know more about this foreign land ravaged by conflict. So, she enlisted a group of young, promising talents to be hes eyes and ears, as well as her security, and aid her to untangle the complicated maze of ancient grudges, political equilibria, love, friendship and death that is Palmyra. Those young agents... are you."

Welcome everyone! This is my first attempt at hosting a RP of my own, and I chose a pretty ambitious project for that, too.

As you can read, this will be a rather nontraditional pokèmon RP, as it's set in the Pokèmon world equivalent of the Middle Ages, and will deal with the themes of war. I intend this to be a mature RP that will deal, although as tactfully as I can, with some rather heavy themes surrounding the realities of war, diplomacy, politics and cultural and ethnic conflict, as well as the process of rebuilding after a war.

Expect to have mysteries, investigation, talking to NPCs and some cloak and dagger, and battling should be considered a last resort only. View this as a kind of... nontraditional, Pokèmon-themed D&D campaign. I intend to give the players a lot of freedom when it comes to their characters and their appearance, backstories, etc, and if you think there's a particular element that would be great to include in your character's backstory and characterization that isn't yet present in the setting, let me know and I'll be glad to try and incorporate it as best as I can.

Edited by Timeskipper