Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Incrementor

Incrementor
EARTH
✪ (Level 1)
[Cyberse/Effect]
ATK/ 500 DEF/ 500

You can pay LP in multiples of 500 (max. 5500); Special Summon this card from your hand, and if you do, this card gains 1 Level for every 500 LP you paid and 500 ATK for every 1000 LP you paid. You can only use this effect of "Incrementor" once per turn.

Concept and Wordplay:

Spoiler

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/incrementor

The concept is basically going to represent the above topic in the form of some cybernetic "teacher" wielding sword-shaped rulers in each hand as weapons.... Because rulers are used to measure in increments (Durrr..). Funnily enough because Level 12 is the limit... One could perhaps even see that this could also relate to the U.S. Customary unit of a foot being 12 inches.

Basically, the wordplay is simple as I just repurpose the word itself in form of a portmanteau.

Portmanteau/ Repurposed Word= Increment + Mentor

Tips:

Spoiler
  • Searchable via Cynet Mining and Lady Debug. Cynet Mining especially makes this card more splashable for a wide range of Decks.
  • Because of the extreme Level modification this card is capable of, this card can be paired well with https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/The_Calculator for a potential OTK.
  • Universal for Extra Deck monsters, especially Xyz/ Synchro Summoning.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Well, there is The Calculator as you mentioned. You could even try the But personally I think most people would use it for easy Xyz and Synchro Summons. One thing I like about it is that the increases are not until the End Phase, and will last so long as the card remains face-up on the field. It seems a tad too easy to search, but that's just me.

You could name it as The Incrementor to get in theme with The Calculator & Calibrator, although thematically you would also have to make it LIGHT/Thunder, which IMO is not so bad since it would lose Cyberse support, for example being searchable by Lady Debug and Cynet Mining, but would gain Thunder support, most notably Thunder Dragon Fusion and Colossus, since its self-Summon effect activates from the hand.
Other than that, looks like a good card, IMO. Self-Summon and Level modulation is welcomed, and for Link purposes you can keep it cheap with an LP payment of 500. It's missing being a Tuner, but then it would be too good. Heck, I already think it's too good due to the flexibility of its self-Summon condition.

3 hours ago, Darj said:

You could name it as The Incrementor to get in theme with The Calculator & Calibrator, although thematically you would also have to make it LIGHT/Thunder, which IMO is not so bad since it would lose Cyberse support, for example being searchable by Lady Debug and Cynet Mining, but would gain Thunder support, most notably Thunder Dragon Fusion and Colossus, since its self-Summon effect activates from the hand.
Other than that, looks like a good card, IMO. Self-Summon and Level modulation is welcomed, and for Link purposes you can keep it cheap with an LP payment of 500. It's missing being a Tuner, but then it would be too good. Heck, I already think it's too good due to the flexibility of its self-Summon condition.

Wow... Now I am really split and making it fit into that motif. On one hand, great it already has half quailities of those 2... On the other, damn I just made a sketch of the idea I initially had so I would have to back pedal a little by making a whole new sketch to fit the design of the 2 you mentioned. XD

Edited by BGMキャノン