Sign in to follow this  
Unlisted Member

Advance Heraldry Escutcheon

Advance Heraldry Escutcheon
[Equip Spell]

Equip only to a "Heraldic Beast" monster or an Xyz Monster. When the equipped monster would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from it or send this card to the GY instead. You can 1 of these effects of "Advance Heraldy Escutcheon" per turn and only once that turn.

• If this card is sent to the GY: You can take 1 "Heraldic Beast" from your Deck and either add it to your hand or send it to the GY.
  •  You can banish this card from the GY and target 1 face-up Xyz Monster you control; Special Summon 1 "Number C" or "CXyz" monster with the same Type as that monster you control but 1 Rank higher, by using  it as Xyz Material (This Special Summon is treated as an Xyz Summon. Xyz Materials attached to that target also become Xyz Materials on the Summoned Monster.)

Support To:

Concept and Flavor Notes:

Spoiler

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escutcheon_(heraldry)

It is shield with heraldry written all over it. It simply and perfectly pays homage to the theme.

The Rank Up effect is more along the lines of getting their "boss" monster that they very seldom get out :

https://yugioh.fandom.com/wiki/Number_C69:_Heraldry_Crest_of_Horror

Edited by BGMキャノン

I really like this one. The card being an Equip nicely fits with the Escutcheon theme, the Saqlifice-reminiscent flexibility of the search effect is welcomed as well, and the RUM effect allows for funny plays by accessing Number monsters from non-Number Xyzs. If anything, I would be more comfortable with a Dragon Ruler OPT clause on the bullet effects, just so you can't get both a search and a RUM right away. Or at least give a 1-turn stun ("except the turn it is sent to the GY" clause) to the RUM effect. Adding "Rank-Up Magic" to the name would enable it get extra support, by the way.

2 hours ago, Darj said:

I really like this one. The card being an Equip nicely fits with the Escutcheon theme, the Saqlifice-reminiscent flexibility of the search effect is welcomed as well, and the RUM effect allows for funny plays by accessing Number monsters from non-Number Xyzs. If anything, I would be more comfortable with a Dragon Ruler OPT clause on the bullet effects, just so you can't get both a search and a RUM right away. Or at least give a 1-turn stun ("except the turn it is sent to the GY" clause) to the RUM effect. Adding "Rank-Up Magic" to the name would enable it get extra support, by the way.

You know... It Is funny I did initially had it named "Rank-Up-Magic Heraldry Escutcheon", but I was second guessing that it would go against the flavor as unlike the other Rank-Ups it doesn't immediately Rank Up upon activating the card itself. But, the more I think about it... It really isn't that big of a deal if made something a little off-kilter.

Oh, right, had not noticed that about RUM Spells. To stay in theme you could make it a Quick-Play that becomes an Equip, which would give it the perk of being reactive protection and baiting destruction removal, but IDK if would be an stretch just to justify the RUM in the name.

Edited by Darj