Sign in to follow this  
British Soul

[DP23] Yami Yugi’s Cards

https://ygorganization.com/theultimatemasterofmagicians/

TheManHimself.jpg?w=200&ssl=1

The Pack Cover

Ultimate-Wizards.jpg?w=407&ssl=1

DP23-JP001 Choumadoushi – Black Magicians (Dark Magicians the Ultimate Wizards)
Level 8/DARK/Spellcaster/Fusion/Effect
“Dark Magician” or “Dark Magician Girl” + 1 Spellcaster monster
(1) Once per turn, if a Spell/Trap Card or effect is activated (Quick Effect): You can draw 1 card, and if it is a Spell/Trap, you can Set it to your field. If the Set card is a Quick-Play Spell or a Trap, it can be activated the turn it was Set.
(2) If this card is destroyed: You can Special Summon 1 “Dark Magician” and 1 “Dark Magician Girl” from your hand, Deck, and/or GY.
2800/2300

EternalDuelistSoul.jpg?w=407&ssl=1

DP23-JP002 Magicians’ Souls
Level 1/DARK/Spellcaster/Effect
You can only use each effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If this card is in your hand: You can send 1 Level 6 or higher Spellcaster from your Deck to the GY, then activate 1 of these effects;
• Special Summon this card
• Send this card to the GY, then you can Special Summon 1 “Dark Magician” or “Dark Magician Girl” from your GY.
(2) You can send up to 2 Spells/Traps from your hand or field to the GY; draw that many cards.
0/0

EveryTrickInTheBook.jpg?w=407&ssl=1

DP23-JP005 Magicians’ Combination
Trap/Continuous
(1) Once per turn, when a card or effect is activated: You can Tribute 1 “Dark Magician” or “Dark Magician Girl”; Special Summon 1 “Dark Magician” or “Dark Magician Girl” with a different name than the Tributed monster from your hand or GY, and if you do, negate that activated effect.
(2) If this face-up card is sent from the Spell & Trap Zone to the GY: You can destroy 1 card on the field.

I like these ones. The Fusion is precedence of an effect that lets activate both Traps and Quick-Play Spells during the turn they are Set. Soul is a card that can work ell with big floaty Spellcasters eventually, and has potential to become an engine. Sadly Shaddoll Beast is 1 Level away from being millable by it.
The Trap looks like solid negation that can complement Navigation, and last effect makes me think of shenanigans with True Dracos. Besides, it can work with only 1 copy of DM and DMG so splashing them in True Dracos may be possible.

So DM's got a "Special Summon DM from Deck" card without any of the costs/restrictions of curtain?  Me likey.

Actually, Soul fixes a TON of the deck's problems: Low level monster, doesn't interfere with the all-important Rod NS, sets up DM/DMG, and can remove dead spell/traps.  It's technically also generic, though I can't really see it being used in any deck except DM and maybe Witchcraft for now.

The Fusion is cool, but it suffers from the general issues of DM fusions in general: Namely, no in-deck way of searching a fusion card.

The trap is interesting and it adds further value to that DMG in a DM deck.  The only gripe I have with it is its (2) effect can't trigger off Magical Hats (which, imho, would be really thematically relevant).

Long story short, I really really like Soul in particular, and I think that this puts DM on almost the same level as BE.  Finally.

Magician Souls' effects being a little generic is at the very least a little scary, videos with SPYRAL making magic out of it are already popping up and I feel like they are going to take a hit for it. (Not that it wouldn't be earned) We shall wait and see, but I say it is something to eye on.

The other two cards seem particularly gimmicky, I don't see a massively practical use for them in the Dark Magician Deck, not realistically at least. Maybe the Fusion sees a light amount of play since the advantage is quite nice, but I don't think it furthers the Deck to anywhere the Deck isn't already at. I'd like to think that Dark Magician the Dragon Knight does the Fusion job a little better, though this floating is quite nice considering it can do so off of Eternal Soul. I want to like Combination, I rather like the card in concept, but I don't think the trade-off mechanic it uses does a big favor to it, let alone the Dark Magician Girl requirement. There's not really enough there to make it worth the trouble.

On 9/23/2019 at 11:11 AM, Tinkerer said:

So DM's got a "Special Summon DM from Deck" card without any of the costs/restrictions of curtain?  Me likey.

Actually, Soul fixes a TON of the deck's problems: Low level monster, doesn't interfere with the all-important Rod NS, sets up DM/DMG, and can remove dead spell/traps.  It's technically also generic, though I can't really see it being used in any deck except DM and maybe Witchcraft for now.

The Fusion is cool, but it suffers from the general issues of DM fusions in general: Namely, no in-deck way of searching a fusion card.

The trap is interesting and it adds further value to that DMG in a DM deck.  The only gripe I have with it is its (2) effect can't trigger off Magical Hats (which, imho, would be really thematically relevant).

Long story short, I really really like Soul in particular, and I think that this puts DM on almost the same level as BE.  Finally.

Video on Lithiums channel showcased a rather interesting idea of using the new Level 1 in combination with Spyral Master Plan ( a level 7 spellcaster ), special summoning itself from the hand, then using it's ability to send spells and traps to draw cards to send important backrow with graveyard effects ( assault and rescue ) to draw free cards. Seems like an interesting idea, especially over in the ocg where they have 2 quick fix and drone ( making machine dupe a playable card over there ). 

Edited by Ultimagamer