Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerer

Witchcrafter's Bargain Bin [WRITTEN]

Witchcrafter's Bargain Bin

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, if a Spell card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY, you can target 1 banished "Witchcrafter" monster; Special Summon it, but its ATK and DEF become 0, also, you cannot activate its effects this turn. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Witchcrafter's Bargain Bin" per turn, and only once that turn.

• If a "Witchcrafter" monster you control would discard to activate an effect, you can send this card from your field to the GY instead.

• During your End Phase, if you control a "Witchcrafter" monster, while this card is in your GY: You can place this card face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone.

After I saw the new DM support monster, I wanted to try out Witchcrafters so I could gauge how useful the card would be in that deck. I definitely wasn't playing Witchcrafters "optimally", but I did notice a few glaring weaknesses in the archetype, so I figured I'd make a support card for the deck.

1 hour ago, Tinkerer said:

Witchcrafter's Bargain Bin

Continuous Spell

Once per turn, if a Spell card is sent from your hand or side of the field to the GY, you can target 1 banished "Witchcrafter" monster; Special Summon it, but its ATK and DEF become 0, also, you cannot activate its effects this turn. You can only use 1 of the following effects of "Witchcrafter's Bargain Bin" per turn, and only once that turn.

• If a "Witchcrafter" monster you control would discard to activate an effect, you can send this card from your field to the GY instead.

• During your End Phase, if you control a "Witchcrafter" monster, while this card is in your GY: You can place this card face-up in your Spell & Trap Zone.

After I saw the new DM support monster, I wanted to try out Witchcrafters so I could gauge how useful the card would be in that deck. I definitely wasn't playing Witchcrafters "optimally", but I did notice a few glaring weaknesses in the archetype, so I figured I'd make a support card for the deck.

This does help them extend on getting both Haine and Verre (pretty much the Decks main objective XD) which is cool considering in most cases you only get to get out 1 of them for the duration of 1 of your turns and your opponent's turn. Additionally, it also restocks your mini-Witchcrafters for more of their GY effects for future plays... And in the rare chance that 1 of your big Witchcrafters get banished this is a nice way to get them back.

The way how I've been doing that when I play my build is via Magician's Restage on Potterie or Pittore that used (in order to follow up with Haine or Verre next turn), or  using Reasoning or  Monster Gate and praying to gods to get one them and a huge mill of the Spells and maybe their 1 Trap if I am really lucky... But, those aren't always consistent. Especially Reasoning which I usually search via  Left Arm Offering which is always a huge gamble.

My main problem with Witchcrafters...Is that because the deck is so linear it is extremely vulnerable to Ash Blossom and Called by the Grave or most starting play negates for that matter. And this card doesn't help you circumvent that. If you get your first play hit and you have no follow-up, this won't help... It only serves as an extender you can only rely so much on.

For what it does though, it is kind of nifty... And I also understand how difficult it is to make Witchcrafter Spell considering there is an extreme balance factor that plays into them due to the fact that they can automatically recover themselves on your End Phase. Also, I can nod there is a little flavorful flare to the card's naming given the merchantile motif of the archetype which is a plus to me.

Edited by BGMキャノン