Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerer

Random Card Dump [WRITTEN]

Hello, fine peoples!

For some reason I was having trouble opening the site for the last few days, so I just had a few cards that I'd made in the meantime.  I'll put 'em in batches since some run in themes.

Union Support:

Spoiler

Union Preparations
Spell
Pay 1000 LP and banish 1 Union monster from your Deck or GY.  During the End Phase, if you control a monster(s) that can be equipped with the monster banished by this card, you can equip 1 of them with the banished monster.  You can only activate 1 "Union Preparations" per turn.

U - Hadron Core
LIGHT Links: SW N SE
Machine/Link/Effect
2 monsters, including a Union monster
You can only use this card's (1) and (3) effects once per turn and only once that turn.
(1) If this card is Link Summoned: You can send 1 Union monster from your Deck to the GY, and if you do, you can add 1 monster with the same name as that card from your Deck to your hand.
(2) If a Normal monster is Summoned to a Zone this card points to, you can equip 1 appropriate Union monster from your hand, Deck, or GY to this monster or that monster.
(3) If this card is in your GY, you can target 1 monster in your Extra Monster Zone: Move that target to another Main Monster Zone, and if you do, equip this card from the GY to that target.  A monster equipped with this card gains 500 ATK, also if the equipped monster would be destroyed by battle or card effect, destroy this card instead.
2200/LINK 3

Hakai Support:

Spoiler

Ode to the Hakaishin
Trap
Pay 800 LP; destroy 1 card you control.  During the End Phase after this effect resolves, destroy 2 cards on the field.  If this Set card is destroyed by a card effect: You can Special Summon 1 "Hakai" monster from your Deck.  You can only use each effect of "Ode to the Hakaishin" once per turn.

Hakai Douji Moto
EARTH ***
Fiend/Effect
You can target 1 card you control; destroy it, and if you do, banish 1 "Hakai" card from your GY.  Add the banished card to your hand during the End Phase.  If this card on the field is destroyed by battle or card effect, except by the effect of "Hakai Douji Moto": You can Special Summon 1 "Hakai" monster from your hand or Deck except "Hakai Douji Moto".  You can only use each effect of "Hakai Douji Moto" once per turn.
1500/1500

Hakai Douji Senshi
WIND ***
Fiend/Effect
You can Special Summon this card from your hand, then destroy 1 card you control.  If this card on the field is destroyed by battle or card effect, except by the effect of "Hakai Douji Senshi": You can Special Summon 1 "Hakai" monster from your hand or Deck except "Hakai Douji Senshi".  You can only use each effect of "Hakai Douji Senshi" once per turn.
1500/1500

Xyzs:

Spoiler

Reliquary Knight
LIGHT R6*
Warrior/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 6 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using 1 Level 6 or lower Ritual monster you control as material.  You can tribute monsters your opponent controls as though you controlled them.  Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card and tribute 1 monster; gain LP equal to half the tributed monster's ATK.  If this card is sent from the field to the GY by an opponent's card (by battle or card effect): You can send 1 Ritual Spell from your hand or Deck to the GY and target 1 Ritual monster in your GY; Ritual Summon that target by banishing monsters from your GY whose Levels/Ranks equal or exceed the Level of the Ritual Monster you Ritual Summon.
2500/2300

Nightmare Fusionist
DARK R***
Beast/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 3 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using 1 Fusion monster you control as material.  This card can be used as a substitute for any 1 Fusion Material whose name is specifically listed on the Fusion monster card, but the other Fusion Materials must be correct.  Once per turn, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to activate 1 of the following effects:
- Add "Polymerization" from your Deck or GY to your hand.
- Reveal 1 Fusion monster from your Extra Deck and discard 1 "Polymerization"; add 1 Fusion Material whose name is specifically listed on that Fusion monster card from your Deck or GY to your hand.
1800/1400

Flash-Freezer Cockatiel
WATER R*
Winged Beast/Xyz/Effect
2 Level 1 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card using all monsters on the field with Ice Counters as Xyz Material.  This card's ATK is equal to the total ATK of its Xyz Materials.  Once per turn (Quick Effect): You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; place 1 Ice Counter on a monster.  Monsters with Ice Counters cannot be used as Material.
?/0

Other:

Spoiler

Fate Shaper - King Æther
WATER 8*
Psychic/Effect
You can tribute 2 monsters with 0 ATK to Special Summon this card from your hand.  Unaffected by cards or effects that target this card.  The top cards of both player’s Decks are flipped face-up.  If both the cards on top of the Decks are the same type (Monster, Spell, or Trap), this card cannot be destroyed by battle, and your opponent takes all battle damage from battles involving this card.  If this card is targeted by a card or effect: You can banish 1 monster with 0 ATK from your GY; banish the top card from your opponent’s Deck face-down.
0/0

(The card in "other" is a generic version of an archetypal card.  Dunno if the card's balance translated when made generic though.)

As always, CnC much appreciated!

Cheers!

Reliquary Knight got my interest. I like the summoning condition and the non-destructive, non-targeting removal it brings. What I would like to have clarified is if the "Tribute opponent's monsters" effect is intended to apply to Tribute Summons (e.g. Stormforth), to activate card effects (e.g. Lair of Darkness), or both.

Edited by Darj

4 hours ago, Darj said:

Reliquary Knight got my interest. I like the summoning condition and the non-destructive, non-targeting removal it brings. What I would like to have clarified is if the "Tribute opponent's monsters" effect is intended to apply to Tribute Summons (e.g. Stormforth), to activate card effects (e.g. Lair of Darkness), or both.

Thanks! 

Yeah, it's supposed to also work on both tribute summons and card effects. Its use with Rituals is apparent, but I chose to make it Rank 6 to coincide with Level 6 tribute summonable monsters. Card effects too, but less so (since it requires jumping through more hoops than Lair of Darkness anyway).

Hey there,

I mostly really like the new cards. They seem well balanced and bring interesting gameplay to the table. The only real exception to that rule would be Reliquary Knight. In my opinion, it may not be good idea for it to have both the effect of allowing you to Tribute your opponent's monsters and another ability that let you instantly profit from that previously mentionned effect. It feels a bit like combining Darkest Diabolos and Lair of Darkness in one package. Other than that, nice work.