VampireofDarkness

Ask Darkness Anything

18 hours ago, Nathanael D. Striker said:

Hello Darkness my ol*shot*

How's life?

Quite a ride, I will say that much. I tried a full attempt at getting myself into the music industry, formed a label with a at-the-time-monthly compilation series, formed my own group and had a solo project that releases were going under. Even worked with a promo circle and things were looking to slowly get there. Eventually, burned out after I got really sick and thus asthma made things rough. My time away led me back into this community, and it has been an interesting time back, I will say that much. I am back in contact with Grezar, BatMed, and BDSceptyr, we got something in the works, and I have been taking a bit of a retrospective into a bit more of a classic era, I suppose a small hint towards what is to come. I am hoping to gain control of everything though and be back working on a new album soon

Edited by VampireofDarkness

What sort of music do you do?

Also, what prompted you to come to this site?

42 minutes ago, Yui said:

What sort of music do you do?

Also, what prompted you to come to this site?

Some may be inquired to quickly use the term Goth Rock, I would brand my combination of heavy guitars, clanging drum machines, and vampyric atmospheres as Darkwave. (Basically Goth Rock's club friendly and synth heavy cousin) While my solo output focuses around flashy guitars and simple but big riffs next to the drum machines and organs/synths, my main project meshes together the more rock heavy sounds of past Darkwave bands like Rosetta Stone, Paralysed Age, and Inkubus Sukkubus alongside the sound of more classic horror scores like Halloween, The Omen, and Suspiria. (Funny enough, there is actually a 90's Darkwave act named Suspiria, we love them too) As my name might suggest, the lyrics tend to be more oriented around vampyrism, cults, and killing your boyfriend.

As for what prompted me to come? Well, I felt like coming to YCM one day while working with BD on the project mentioned above, we realized YCM was down. I came back later, it still was down. I came back again, I was like "This is getting ridiculous", so I did some research and found this place through a reddit post.