So this is pretty slick. I do like the mechanic here, there are some interesting shenanigans here for sure, and I find it pretty bemusing. Most of it is pretty simple as well, which I like for the most part but it also makes the higher Level ones slightly tricky and getting multiple on the field tricky as well, though the Spells and Aerainbol certainly do help. Speaking of, I do feel a little underwhelmed that some of the Cont Spells and the Field Spell don't do anything after they are activated. Pretty odd, quite honestly, though what they do is quite helpful. That being said, I assume this is to have them work with say Vandalism to get some effects going, which is a pretty interesting design choice. This almost makes me wish Vandalism was more searchable, as it could really help with getting the Deck going, as it doesn't seem to be the fastest thing in the world. Outside of that though, this is fairly well rounded and not a ton to say about the cards individually. I can dig it!

34 minutes ago, VampireofDarkness said:

So this is pretty slick. I do like the mechanic here, there are some interesting shenanigans here for sure, and I find it pretty bemusing. Most of it is pretty simple as well, which I like for the most part but it also makes the higher Level ones slightly tricky and getting multiple on the field tricky as well, though the Spells and Aerainbol certainly do help. Speaking of, I do feel a little underwhelmed that some of the Cont Spells and the Field Spell don't do anything after they are activated. Pretty odd, quite honestly, though what they do is quite helpful. That being said, I assume this is to have them work with say Vandalism to get some effects going, which is a pretty interesting design choice. This almost makes me wish Vandalism was more searchable, as it could really help with getting the Deck going, as it doesn't seem to be the fastest thing in the world. Outside of that though, this is fairly well rounded and not a ton to say about the cards individually. I can dig it!

Most of the Spells are simplistic and don't do anything else because if you were to start first you would have stuff for the monsters to give effects to that you wouldn't mind replacing the effects of (after you use the Spell's effects, of course).

Edited by BGMキャノン

Bump. Added "Graffighter Tag - Freestyle" in Spells and "Furious Fumes" in Traps. And changed up "Graffighter Oranchromium" 's and "Graffighter Carbonyx"'s effect to be a little more instrumental to the Decks overall utility. And hopefully made original post a little more friendly to read by eliminating excess Spoilers.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Bump. Added a seemingly redundant clause: " While this card is face-up on the field, " on the gained Continuous effects from Graffighter Main Deck monsters to emphasize that they are non-lingering continuous effects. Reason being that because "Graffighter Tagrey" and "Graffighter Tag - Vandalism" are Spell Speed 2, they can target Normal Spells/Traps and Quick-Play Spells and give them specific effects which I thought would lead to controversy in ruling. People may believe that those effects that the Normal Spell/Trap or Quick-Play Spells would gain would be lingering meaning some of those effects could last the remainder of the Duel once those cards resolved which would be problematic and broken beyond repair.

Also, changed up "Graffighter Versenic" destruction prevention effect so that it wouldn't send the card whose effect was changed to the GY. How it is written is understandably weird... Borrowed it from Performapal_Gumgumouton.

Also, I just considered something that maybe controversial... How would this Graffighter's changing effect gimmick work with Pendulum Monsters when they are a scale or on the field as monster which effects would it affect? And if I just wanted to clarify that it is the active effect that the Pendulum Card is using whether it would be on the scale or as a monster that changes... Hypothetically speaking, how would I do that?

Edited by BGMキャノン

I like the concept, and seem solid enough to become relevant. Haven't studied the archetype well enough yet to fully grasp the interactions, but got a couple of remarks:
I feel the Field Spell could do more. I understand they are intended to be simple for the monsters to play with, but still, Fields are often the cores of decks, and this one being a mere searcher is kinda of meh. If it's canvas-themed, how about allowing it to hold multiple effects from Graffighters at once? That would be neat, and the more effects it stacks, the stronger it gets.
Furious Fumes feels a bit cheap as an archetype Icarus Attack. How about spicing it up and making it a 1-for-1 on activation, but in exchange a Cont. Trap so it stays on board for Graffighters to tinker with it?

Speaking of Cont. Traps I find amusing how they turn gained effects into spell speed 2 effects, also Vandalism doesn't need the " during either player's turn" clause since it's inherently spell speed 2.

By the way, make more of them Level 2 for fun times with Toadally Awesome :v

On 10/2/2019 at 8:49 AM, BGMキャノン said:

Also, I just considered something that maybe controversial... How would this Graffighter's changing effect gimmick work with Pendulum Monsters when they are a scale or on the field as monster which effects would it affect? And if I just wanted to clarify that it is the active effect that the Pendulum Card is using whether it would be on the scale or as a monster that changes... Hypothetically speaking, how would I do that?

Regarding this, pretty sure the Spell Effect would be replaced if they are placed as scales, and the monster effect will be replaced when they are on the board as monsters. It shouldn't get complicated. If the Pendulum were to move from a Monster Zone to a Pendulum Zone or vice-versa, I think any gained effects would just be reset.

Edited by Darj

7 hours ago, Darj said:

I like the concept, and seem solid enough to become relevant. Haven't studied the archetype well enough yet to fully grasp the interactions, but got a couple of remarks:
I feel the Field Spell could do more. I understand they are intended to be simple for the monsters to play with, but still, Fields are often the cores of decks, and this one being a mere searcher is kinda of meh. If it's canvas-themed, how about allowing it to hold multiple effects from Graffighters at once? That would be neat, and the more effects it stacks, the stronger it gets.
Furious Fumes feels a bit cheap as an archetype Icarus Attack. How about spicing it up and making it a 1-for-1 on activation, but in exchange a Cont. Trap so it stays on board for Graffighters to tinker with it?

Speaking of Cont. Traps I find amusing how they turn gained effects into spell speed 2 effects, also Vandalism doesn't need the " during either player's turn" clause since it's inherently spell speed 2.

By the way, make more of them Level 2 for fun times with Toadally Awesome :v

Regarding this, pretty sure the Spell Effect would be replaced if they are placed as scales, and the monster effect will be replaced when they are on the board as monsters. It shouldn't get complicated. If the Pendulum were to move from a Monster Zone to a Pendulum Zone or vice-versa, I think any gained effects would just be reset.

K

• Made the Field Spell able to stack different bulleted effects with following effect: " If this card would have its effect become a bulleted effect listed on a "Graffigher" monsters card text, this card gains the effect instead (This card cannot gain 2 of the same effects) "  Not sure if this would be accurate on how they would word it, but yeah... This is my approach.
  • Made fixes to Traps, and made "Furious Fumes" into a "Graffighter Tag" card.
  • Made "Graffighter Azubalt" Level 2 as it would not only be a means to get out Treatoad, but could be dumped by Swap Frog (because it meets WATER/Aqua/ Lv 2 requirement) in the instance one would want to combine the Frog Engine with this Deck.
  • Made the Graffighter monsters able to change current effects as oppose to original. So that they can juggle effects on a single card if they wanted to.

In addition, flavor fixes:

• Made "Graffighter" Continous Spells named "Graffighter Art" to represent the positive side of graffiti and kept Continuous Traps to be named "Graffighter Tag" to represent the negative side of graffiti.

Pending Support and the last of it:

• Link 4 boss monster to be expected
  • 1 more Trap.

Edited by BGMキャノン