Zaziuma

Link-Up-Magic Connection Force

Kind of surprised at myself for not thinking of this earlier, it makes a lot of sense, don't it? I know I'm not the first to come with this idea, but I figured I would give my twist on it. Since it's late, I'm just doing a written thing, cause I can't be bothered to find a picture right now.

Link-Up-Magic Connection Force - Normal Spell

Target 1 Link Monster in your Extra Monster Zone; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Link Monster from your Extra Deck whose Type is the same as that target, but 1 Link Rating higher (this Special Summon is treated as a Link Summon). A Link Monster Summoned with this effect is banished during the End Phase, unless its Attribute is the same as that target, also you cannot Special Summon monsters, except with card effects, for the rest of this turn.

On 9/26/2019 at 12:51 PM, Zaziuma said:

Kind of surprised at myself for not thinking of this earlier, it makes a lot of sense, don't it? I know I'm not the first to come with this idea, but I figured I would give my twist on it. Since it's late, I'm just doing a written thing, cause I can't be bothered to find a picture right now.

Link-Up-Magic Connection Force - Normal Spell

Target 1 Link Monster in your Extra Monster Zone; send it to the GY, and if you do, Special Summon 1 Link Monster from your Extra Deck whose Type is the same as that target, but 1 Link Rating higher (this Special Summon is treated as a Link Summon). A Link Monster Summoned with this effect is banished during the End Phase, unless its Attribute is the same as that target, also you cannot Special Summon monsters, except with card effects, for the rest of this turn.

Seems good in theory... It essentially is like using one more monster as a Link Material that has the potential to bypass certain Summoning conditions such as specific typings, names, etc. (e.g.Infinitrack_Fortress_Megaclops off of say Bellcat_Fighter or Gaia_Saber,_the_Lightning_Shadow.) It is a good thing you made it so that it can go into a monster with different Attribute, otherwise, this thing would only have so many things to go into from what I see.

It also can help some archetypes as well that are obviously revolving around the Link Mechanic such as Cyberse, Trickstar, Gouki, Borreldragons, etc. Although some of archs are perfectly fine by making plays of their own to go into the Links themselves.

In terms of the generic pool though.... There is really only so many targets for this thing to go into that would be pragmatic because some of the bigger Link monsters only get their effects off of being Link Summoned via actually using Link Material (e.g. Nephthys,_the_Sacred_Flame, Agave_Dragon, Saryuja_Skull_Dread , Ningirsu_the_World_Chalice_Warrior, etc.)

Best targets I can think of:

Curious,_the_Lightsworn_Dominion (Warriors have a pretty diverse Link-2 cardpool of 12 cards), World_Gears_of_Theurlogical_Demiurgy (Cyberse definitely have the most diverse Link cardpool no question about it), Arcana_Extra_Joker, Infinitrack Fortress Megaclops (which I already mentioned), etc. There are probably more things to note from Cyberse monsters, but alas I haven't really played Cyberse all that much to remember some of their better cards.

Edited by BGMキャノン

A RUM for Links is rather intuitive, not that big of a groundbreaking concept, IMO. However, Links are on a different level to Xyzs, starting with the fact most Xyzs have their effects limited by their number of materials, also most Link monsters have more flexible material requirements compared to Xyzs. Furthermore, I share BGM's concern of skipping convoluted summoning conditions of the big Link monsters and shortcut into dangerous ones. Although I do see the card has a handful of restrictions to keep it on check, I cannot but suspect it will break something down the line, especially if more Links with ratings of 4 or higher start to show up. Then again, there are also flexible RUMs, most notably Astral Force, that can let you drop otherwise impractical Xyzs, and yet the most impact the card had was as a tech in BAs before MR4, so a card like this may be much less threatening as I may think. But IMO the differences between Links and Xyzs should still be considered.