Sign in to follow this  
Tinkerer

The Eurobeat Intensifies [WRITTEN] (Super-archetype)

Hello, I guess.  All you fine peoples... *sigh*

I'm really not enthused about posting this here since I set certain rules in how I wanted to set this up.  W/e, I guess I'ma just have to toss that out the window...

Anyways, this is meant to be a series of archetypes that all mechanically focus around a single set of Quick-Play Spells.  Besides that though, the archetypes all are meant to be a part of a story that I'd been writing for each of them.

Honestly, I'm too tired now to go into further detail than that, so I'll just start out by posting the cards.  I'll post the story in Creative Writing, but I'll keep things in chunks as I did originally, only posting each story piece with the corresponding archetype.

Without further ado, here are the core cards of the archetypes: the "Drift" Quick-Play Spells.

Dorifto!

Spoiler

Up the Beat!
Quick-Play Spell
Discard 1 card and pay 1000 LP; add 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell and 1 monster that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text from your Deck to your hand.  You can only activate 1 "Up the Beat!" per turn.

Full Яeversal
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell)
Discard 1 "Drift" Quick-Play Spell; draw 2 cards.  Your opponent cannot activate cards in response to a "Drift" Quick-Play Spell's activation for the rest of the turn.  You can only activate 1 "Full Яeversal" per turn.

D.D. Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text.  Banish it until the start of the next phase.  When the card returns to the field, gain LP equal to half its ATK, also, it can declare a direct attack during your next Battle Phase.

Parallel Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn.  Target any number of monsters that list ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in their card text (min. 2).  Move those targets to different Main Monster Zones on your side of the field and change their battle positions.  If all your monsters are in the same battle position when this effect resolves, destroy a number of cards your opponent controls equal to the number of cards you targeted -1.

Inertia Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text.  Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, also, it gains 1000 ATK and DEF until the End Phase of the next turn.  If you activate "Inertia Drift" during the Battle Phase, and the monster changes into attack position, immediately after this effect resolves, that monster can declare an attack.

Feint Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text.  Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then you can move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position.  If you move the target twice by this effect, you can Special Summon 1 "Afterimage Drift Token" in the first Zone the target moved to.  The token is treated as a monster that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text, also its Type, Attribute, Level, ATK and DEF are the same as the target, but it is destroyed during the End Phase.  You can only activate 1 "Feint Drift" per turn.

Superior Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player's turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ""Drift" Quick-Play Spell" in its card text.  Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position, then, negate the effects of 1 card in the same column as the target.  You can only activate 1 "Superior Drift" per turn.

Asphalt Fight
Quick-Play Spell
(This card is always treated as a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell)
Can be activated from your hand during either player’s turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text and 1 monster your opponent controls in the same column as the first target; move the first target to another column then move the second target to the same column, and if you do, change both of their battle positions.  Neither monster can be destroyed by battle unless one of the targets leaves the field.

Kaleidoscope Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player’s turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text.  Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position and Attribute.  If all monsters you control (min. 2) have the same Attribute when this card resolves, you can draw 1 card.

The Perfect Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player’s turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text.  Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position.  If you activate a “Drift” Quick-Play Spell (except “The Perfect Drift”) while this card is in the GY, you can return this card to your hand.

Adrenaline Drift
Quick-Play Spell
Can be activated from your hand during either player’s turn.  Target 1 monster you control that lists ““Drift” Quick-Play Spell” in its card text.  Move it to an empty Main Monster Zone on your side of the field and change its battle position.  The first time that monster would be destroyed this turn, it is not.

Unfortunately, this group of cards means little without corresponding monsters, so I'll give a preview of what each of the archetypes are about and how they use the Drift Spells.

Blazing Wheels:

Spoiler

Blazing Wheels - Level 3 + 4s
FIRE monsters.  The most conventional of the five.  Uses the "drift" spells to help trigger their effects and focus on using teamwork to win the duel by having lots of defensively focused handtrap effects to keep themselves alive.

Destiny Racers:

Spoiler

Destiny Racers - Level 1s
WATER monsters.  A highly aggressive set of monsters that use the drift spells to trigger excavation mechanics that help summon out more and more.  Use themselves as removal and negation while going into their Rank 1 to deal enough damage for the win.

Galactic Flash:

Spoiler

Galactic Flash - Level 4s + 8s
LIGHT monsters.  A set that has a "protect the castle" play style that focuses on direct attacks.  Level 4s focus on recycling while the Level 8s beat face.

The Яeverse

Spoiler

The Яeverse - Level 10s
DARK monsters.  The anti-"drift" archetype.  They discard and destroy each other for massive removal effects.  They force themselves through any obstacle and have lots of anti-negation options.

Dimensional Speedstars

Spoiler

Dimensional Speedstars - Varying Levels
LIGHT monsters.  Storywise, they are a team comprised from the Blazing Wheels, Destiny Racers, and Galactic Flash to combat The Яeverse.  They use bits of all the above archetypes' mechanics while running a mechanic involving Quick Effect Linking and unlinking to press advantage.  They also have a boss monster "Final Horizon" (Fusion) that negates the effects of all cards that aren't in the same column as itself.

The last description even gives a little preview of the story.

Anyways, there are going to be a LOT of cards in this thread when this is done, so feel free to just look at bits and pieces if it interests you.  I didn't necessarily aim to balance things when I was making the cards initially, so there are probably some cards that are obviously over/underpowered.  If you notice anything, feel free to let me know.

Cheers, too, I suppose..

*sigh*