Sign in to follow this  
Jolly Glot

[IGAS] Catch Copy

If your opponent attempts to search, YOU get to search.

EFs9M-KVUAg8VuD.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

IGAS-JP076 キャッチ・コピー Catch Copy
Normal Trap Card

You can only activate a card with this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If your opponent adds a card from their Deck to the hand by their own effect, except by drawing it: Reveal 1 card from your Deck, then add it to your hand, but for the rest of this turn, you cannot activate the effects of cards with the same name as that card.

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/onemansdreamtoscam/

Considering how Search-Happy the game is, I could definitely see this getting plenty of use, especially since there's no limit to what you can grab.  Sure, any hand traps one could grab would be useless for the turn, but it's still a great way to grab the one card you'd desperately need to turn the tide.

inb4youropponentchainstheirownCatchCopytoyourCatchCopy

I'm conflicted about this card. Searching for any card is crazy good, but it's opponent-dependent and slow due to being a Trap plus the 1-trun stun. IDK if it's worth to run it, it's only good when going first and that means 1 card less on hand for combos. What's the best you could search for when facing the opponent building a board? Evenly Matched? and Nibiru come to mind, but then the opponent will most likely get negation monsters on board to stop them. Another pick is Dark Ruler No More, but if you are running this to search for a Spell to break the opponent's board in your next turn... you may be better off investing deck space in something else.

11 hours ago, Darj said:

I'm conflicted about this card. Searching for any card is crazy good, but it's opponent-dependent and slow due to being a Trap plus the 1-trun stun. IDK if it's worth to run it, it's only good when going first and that means 1 card less on hand for combos. What's the best you could search for when facing the opponent building a board? Evenly Matched? and Nibiru come to mind, but then the opponent will most likely get negation monsters on board to stop them. Another pick is Dark Ruler No More, but if you are running this to search for a Spell to break the opponent's board in your next turn... you may be better off investing deck space in something else.

Remember this: Symbol_of_Friendship? Me neither... I would rather have this over Symbol of Friendship any day.

Take it for what it is... A good double edged sword.

I love the card... Basically you get to pull a card with possibly the best impact in the situation for the trade off of waiting for your opponent to do something that is pretty common in the game. It seems it is best used with more grindy Decks though given the delay you have to put into it. (e.g. certain builds of Paleozoic, Yang Zing, Altergeist, etc.)

Edited by BGMキャノン