Sign in to follow this  
Gorlois

Twin Rex the King of Dinosaurs

4/EARTH/Dinosaur/1600/1200
You can reveal 1 Dinosaur Normal Monster in your hand; apply 1 of these effects, or both if you revealed a Level 5 or higher monster.
• Make this card's ATK become double its original ATK, until the end of this turn.
• This card can make a second attack during each Battle Phase this turn.
If this card is destroyed by battle or card effect: You can Special Summon 1 Dinosaur Normal Monster from your hand. You can only use each effect of "Twin Rex the King of Dinosaurs" once per turn.

Pays homage to Rex Raptor obviously. He never got around using all that many effect monsters, did he? XD

It is pretty cool wording on the application of the effects in which you can get both bulleted effects from revealing Level 5 or higher. I might have to borrow bits of it somewhere down the line.

The effects aren't ground breaking by any means, but if one is willing to go the extra mile to get both effects you can run Fossil_Dig and Summoner's_Art to get your Level 5 or higher Normal Dinosaur more consistently. And be able to float into it when this guy dies.

Although, it probably won't see all that much play given Normal Dinos aren't the most sought after Deck in the world, I can appreciate this tribute to Rex's old school Deck.

Oh and one more thing, for flavor purpose you could include revealing a Normal Dragon as well as floating into it when it gets destroyed... Considering Rex in the anime for some reason was the original owner of Red-Eyes_B._Dragon and Serpent_Night_Dragon.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Looks solid for casual play, IMO. Dinos linger around the top tiers but they don't really make use of Normal monsters except for the Tokens generated by Lost World so you would have go out of the way just to tech it in competitive Dino builds. There is Dino Rabbit as well but they run Level4s and thus you wouldn't fully take advantage of this monster. Then again, Lost World provides protection to Normal Dinos so you could at least experiment with a variant that runs Normal Dinos.
The card can be improved but I'm not sure if I want to see it be any better, and it's fine as a casual card. I do like BGM's suggestion of including Dragon Normal monsters for the extra flavor and flexibility.