Sign in to follow this  
British Soul

[IGAS] Stalemate

EGBttGvUEAApRoh.jpg?w=1030&ssl=1

IGAS-JP078 相視相殺 Soushisousai (Stalemate)
Trap
(1) During this turn, both players must play with their hands revealed. While your hands are revealed due to this effect, if both players have cards with the same name in their hands, neither player can activate the effects of that card or cards with the same name.

https://ygorganization.com/acurrandarkly/

At best, this is a Mirror Match tech.  At worst, it’s free information on your opponent’s hand during (optimally) your opponent’s turn, at the expense of giving your own information away to your opponent.  Not worth it, honestly.

In terms of knowledge gaining... Yeah I'd rather run Mind_Haxorz or The_Eye_of_Truth. I mean I get it.... It is suppose to do more than just gain knowledge when going mirror (as previously mentioned) or running very similar generics to your opponent, but I don't really play Decks where a mirror would be all that common for me personally. In any other situation it is usually just a worse Respect_Play. The only true redeeming quality of card is the art's continuation of the lore of Pikeru/Curran rivalry with a more dynamic focus.

Edited by BGMキャノン

So it is pack filler, I guess? A pity, since the artwork is nice, IMO.
Even in mirror matches it is situational and also locking your own cards can affect you. I can only imagine it being useful in a mirror match between decks that can easily modulate their hand and search for stuff to mess up the opponent, but I don't think such deck exists, let alone a competitive one.