LordCowCow

Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC / PG / Not Accepting / Co-Hosted by Skaia]

Milla stared on nervously as she looked between the strange man and then back to her friends. Everyone seemed fine with battling but she still wasn't sure what she wanted to do. The choice wasn't difficult surely yet she felt somewhat paralyzed. Was it the strangeness of the man, or the thought of battling, or the mixture of the two? Regardless, there were three enemy pokemon and only two on her friends side. She didn't doubt Nathan or Nomi couldn't control more than one of their pokemon well enough to handle it if need be. And though he wasn't out of his pokeball, the girl could just see the look Rondo would be giving her at the moment. She had committed to being a pokemon trainer after all, and this was part of it. Trying her best to put on a serious face she stepped up alongside her team. Seeing a litwick was the remaining opponent her hand shifted from Rondo's ball where it had been hovering.

"I-i'll help too!" she called as Andante emerged to join Bug and Cassius in the three on three battle. The lion seemed admittedly confused and nervous about being thrown into the fray of this no doubt hectic battle to be. But the girl wasn't going to give her partner enough time to get scared. "Use Work Up!" she called which focused her friend.

a8cPQwE.png

"Ah man, I don't have enough. And it's such a good deal too! Well random fossil lady, is there any chance I could get it for cheaper?"

The middle-aged redhead winced slightly at the question but then returned to beaming. "Oh, it's already as low as I can afford! There's a lot that goes into getting these things you know. Permits, equipment, workers, they require proper cleaning to to make sure they don't break. Plus the scientists that have to evaluate to make sure they're real....er, look at me rambling. I'm becoming my mother." She laughed. "Well, maybe I can go down to...1950, just for you. But only for today!"

Thinking a moment "If you can't afford it why not take on some trainers in the city. I'll be at the market for a few days. Just thought I'd give you kiddos a crack at it."

-

Allen looked frustrated for a moment before giving a big sigh and then grinning at Belle. "Wow, your Poamoo sure is strong! Dunno about the other Pokemon but I can see you and Poamoo have a good bond!" He walked over to her and stuck his hand out. "I didn't think I'd lose. Especially cause you didn't seem to be all too used to giving commands. But I guess that works for some Pokemon!"

He then seemed to get a better look at her and suddenly "Hey, you're cute! What do you say to traveling with me? I bet I can help you with that Rattata of yours!"

Spoiler

GASP, will Belle abandon the others for this totally serious and dramatic offer???

Okay but in all seriousness, feel free to wrap this bit up and move to city when you want. I can give the information to whoever wants it unless you'd prefer I make a post with the stuff in it instead later.

Also....Moo has gained a level! And Belle has gained 450 Pokedollars

That’s the spirit!” Nathan cheered as Milla and Adante joined the battle. Cassius joined him in celebrating, flexing its arms and then beating its fists against its chest as their opponent’s Pokemon appeared. The real battle started just after though, leaving no time for them to gain their bearings. “Grr…” Nate grit his teeth. Cassius was extremely strong; the downside to that was that it was slow, and had pretty much no balance in its moveset, all being completely melee-centric. This was already shaping up to be a battle of attrition, a contest that Cassius couldn’t compete in. “Sorry bud. Gonna need to switch things up.”

Nate pulled his Poke-Ball off his belt and recalled him. The Automaton vanished in a flash of red light, then a moment later, Tyson the Drowzee took the field. “Take it easy bud. We’re just havin’ a quick triple battle; the bite-y bug and the little lion are with us. Go ahead and start with a Reflect for the whole team!”

a8cPQwE.png

Jacklyn looked still distressed as the woman had informed her further of all that went into finding fossils. Truthfully, the young adventurous girl thought that when it came to fossils people just accidentally stumbled on them in caves and the like. Of course, the amount of effort and people working to making sure they were genuine fossils didn't actually make Jacklyn want to pay more but she found herself silence in the face of such work. Her eyes opened when the woman suggested going into the city to battle trainers. "You're right! If all we have to do is get money then beating trainers is the obvious choice!" Giving an emphatic thumbs up to the woman she said, "thanks for the idea fossil lady." 

Looking back to Belle, she smiled saying, "way to go Belle! Like I said, only a roadblock at best!" Patting the girl on the in congratulations, she then looked between her and Ivan saying, "now, gang." Pointing in the direction of the city she shouted, "let's go get rich!" 

The Rising Star looked frustrated for a moment before giving a big sigh and then grinning at Belle. "Wow, your Poamoo sure is strong! Dunno about the other Pokemon but I can see you and Poamoo have a good bond!" He walked over to her and stuck his hand out. "I didn't think I'd lose. Especially cause you didn't seem to be all too used to giving commands. But I guess that works for some Pokemon!"

Belle shrugged. "It's simpler. And less work." She scowled slightly, thinking of the Rattata. "Only if they listen when you do have commands, though."

The boy then seemed to get a better look at her, "Hey, you're cute! What do you say to traveling with me? I bet I can help you with that Rattata of yours!"

"Huh?" the girl blinked. "You think I'm cute?" She looked a little dumbfounded before her expression changed to one of realization, and then disgust. "Oh, wait. You're just saying that because you want somebody to travel with you, right?" She shook her head. "Sorry, but that won't work on me. You barely know me, so why would you--" she paused, remembering her encounter with Jacklyn and Ivan, who had also offered her to travel with them, after barely knowing her. "Well, okay, maybe you're telling the truth there," the girl admitted. "But even if you are," she paused, "I'm already traveling with these two here," she nodded at the two who had been accompanying her so far.

It was simple math, really. The more people she traveled with, the less likely she would have to pull her own weight, or at least the less work she'd have to do. If she just traveled with this boy, then as soon as he got tired of battling, it'd be her turn. But with Jacklyn and Ivan, as soon as one of them tired, the other could take over, meaning she, Belle, wouldn't have to do anything. It was perfect. The only way it could get better was if even more people joined.

She didn't think too much about the boy saying he liked her. It was very unlikely he actually did. Nobody liked her. She was the weird, creepy, fat girl. Related to the even weirder and creepier Sabrina. Boys had always treated her like she was some sort of strange species of Pokémon rather than a potential girlfriend, and she was fine with that. It's not like she needed boys when she had computer games to keep her busy. Interact with people who would probably make fun of her, or actually get some work done making an underground base in Galaria? That wasn't even a real choice.

So Belle focused on the one actually interesting thing he had said. "Your offer about helping me with the rat is pretty tempting, but I think I'm good." It's not like she didn't have time to whip it into shape, and if it still didn't listen to her after a while, she'd just let it go. Though she felt an aversion to the idea as soon as she considered it. I won't give up. I can't let a stupid rat beat me. No matter what, I will get him to listen to me. She clenched her fists.

Jacklyn seemed to have noticed Belle's victory, smiling at her as she walked away from a middle-aged redhead, "way to go Belle! Like I said, only a roadblock at best!" Patting the girl in congratulations, she then looked between her and Ivan saying, "now, gang." Pointing in the direction of the city she shouted, "let's go get rich!"

"Sounds like a plan to me," Belle smirked.

2vQHnI0.png

Naomi glanced over at the other two. One had used Work Up. One Reflect. None of them were actually attacking the opponent...did that mean she shouldn't either? Was that the plan?

Deciding to just go with it she tried to remember what moves Bug had that weren't directly attacking the opponent. Remembering it with a slow nod she called out "Use Bide." To her Pokemon. The Trapinch squirmed a bit and lowered itself even closer to the ground before his body became covered in a glossy glow. Awaiting an attack to land to store energy.

"Like that?" She asked the other two. She thought that's what they wanted her to do at least.

The man was laughing behind his mask. A muffled, dark chuckle, even as his eyes seemed entirely without emotion. "One more Sweet Scent. Then Poison Powder the Trapinch and trap the Litleo in Fire Spin." His orders, opposed to his rather manic way of talking otherwise, seemed to be given efficiently without much passion behind them. Still the Pokemon followed the orders quickly and once more a sweet scent wafted through the area and caused the Pokemon to relax their guard somewhat.

The Poison Powder landed on Bug while the Trapinch Bided and the Fire Spin erupted around Andante. While it wouldn't do much damage if hit it would surround the Pokemon in swirling flames.

"I d'know if this's workin." Naomi noted.

Spoiler

Reminder again
 Oddish, level 14, Chlorophyll, Absorb, Growth, Poison Powder, Stun Spore
Litwick, level 14, Flash Fire, Minimize, Fire Spin, Confuse Ray, Smog
Spritzee, level 15, Healer, Fairy Wind, Sweet Kiss, Sweet Scent, Echoed Voice

Lemme know what sort of pace you want to do this fight with. Can just do move by move if preferred but if wanna do something else we can all talk it out.

a8cPQwE.png

"Your offer about helping me with the rat is pretty tempting, but I think I'm good."

Allen slumped forward in disappointment. "Aw maaaan, alright alright I get it. Don't want to abandon your friends. But hey maybe another time right?"

He sighed and straightened out. "Well, guess should head to the Pokemon Center. Didn't think I'd lose but good I decided to have a battle right outside the city." He started to head the other direction. Despite his claims the three wouldn't be able to see any such city. It seemed like sand as far as they could look. Except for what appeared to be a small shack which is what the boy was heading for. But that wasn't nearly big enough to be called a city. Not even the size of a house. It might be good for not much more than a mouse.

"Yep, you caught me right before I was going to pack it in for the day. She adjusted her pack and followed along behind Allen. Heading for the same small shack that he was. Indicating that it was, in fact, the destination.

Spoiler

Reminder if you didn't read the other group that the city is actually under the ground. A guard in the shack will direct you down a staircase that goes into the city proper. Figured I'd just give you all the info now so you have more to work with.

Gemupet City
Description: A city in the sand. Literally. The only part of it that is above ground is a trio of small outposts that contain staircases that lead to the city itself. These outposts are guarded in order to keep the flow of traffic to a minimum, due to the ruins that are being preserved alongside the city.

Note you'll enter down a large staircase that overlooks the whole city. From the top you can see the city and the ruins off at the other end of the city. The buildings are all made of stone and the roads are paved.

Major areas: The Ruins. Right outside of the city itself lays a massive labyrinth of ruins. There are high walls which form a maze and inside are dozens of broken down buildings.
The Oasis. A tavern that specializes in lemonade, soda pop, fresh water, and coffee. The bartender has plenty of obscure information.
Bazaar. The city contains a large market where you can buy clothing, TMs, and various held items.
Gym. ???

Trainers: Various Collectors and Backpackers mostly

a8cPQwE.png

Jacklyn smiled, placing a hand on Belle's shoulder as the girl agreed saying, "good spirit Belle!" As the boy that Belle had just beat spoke again, Jacklyn shot a death glare at him as he continued to speak of trying to recruit her friend away from her. This didn't last that long, instead of giving a confused raised eyebrow as the boy mentioned something about the city they were looking for. As the fossil woman as well seemed to be talking about it, Jacklyn couldn't help but be even more confused. She wasn't quite sure if they were mistaken, crazy or somehow trying to poke fun at the adventuring group, but they both walked towards the same shack. Looking around, there was definitely no city to be seen, but she figured that maybe there was some kind of pokemon center rest stop in the shackthey were going to. Looking to the other two of her party, the girl shrugged saying, "let's check it out gang." 

As  the girl walked inside the shack, it didn't seem to be impressive on the inside either and there didn't seem to be much to it either. Outside of the guard standing by guarding an entrance of some sort. The girl cocked her head now more curious then anything else. As the man let them through, though, Jacklyn's eyes went wide with surprise and awe. "Whoooooooaaaaa!" The girl called out. Looking excitedly at Ivan and Belle she shouted, "look guys, it's a city! A whole city!" The girl looked back eagerly at sight of what lie below her, all the buildings laid out before her. "Man, I know people say the sewers of Castelia are like a city, but this is something on a whole other level. I wonder how they built it  - or maybe it's always been here!" Looking further back, and seeing the ruins towards the back of the city, Jacklyn squealed and pointed at it saying, "and loooook! Oh we also gotta check out that too! Underground ruins are a must on any adventure you know!"

Life is a strange thing. Sometimes you feel like you blink and suddenly it's a day later. You go from having a three on one battle with a strange gas mask wearing man to suddenly waking up the next day and leaving the Pokecenter.

And your princess-like companion is suddenly replaced with an excitable, adventurous, one.

Perhaps this is too specific to relate to everyone. Thankfully it only has to relate to two people.

For reasons so vague and unimportant that it didn't so much as stick much in their minds Nathan and Naomi found themselves with a new partner. And Jacklyn found herself with two new ones. The newly formed trio may have had spent time with vastly different people prior to this but now they were setting out on their adventure together.

"There is no salt." Naomi said as she frowned at her breakfast. They had stopped at a diner before going on with their day and Naomi was idly poking at the plate of eggs with a fork.

"Oh yes, we try to avoid additives like that here. Only natural ingredients too!" the over-excited waitress said as she filled up their glasses.

The group had come here to decide what to do next. Jacklyn had yet to have her gym battle but from the sound of things Travares was out exploring the desert at the time. So they had at least a few hours to kill before he'd return.

And absolutely nothing would go wrong before then while the Gym Leader is away, of course, right?

Spoiler

So yeah, awkward timeskip ahoy! We can figure out any level gains from then and now as you'd like. For everyone since it might be good to have the levels equal out a bit and such.

For now just some small interactions and figuring out stuff to do until a totally not event totally won't happen at all.

Also, Jacklyn probably would have at least seen Brady leave the city as she entered it.

Oh and if Naomi and Jacklyn's colors are too close I can change Naomi's. Wasn't an issue before obviously but...yeah.

"Well, at least it's not on fire," Jacklyn added as the waiter left, poking at her own eggs with her fork. Scooping some up and taking in a mouthful, the girl looked towards her two new teammates. It had been a long and eventful day that she had had yesterday, fraught with peril and exploration but when all was said and done she was now journeying with Naomi and Nathan. Such was the nature of adventure sometimes. After shoveling in yet another forkful, she  pouted saying, "but seriously, I was all ready to get the first big milestone of my adventure finished and now the gym leader's out." 

As she mulled on this for a bit longer, the girl thought for a moment before finally shrugging. "Oh well." Smiling, looking around the girl said, "that just means there's more time to go exploring the city! This place is seriously cool and weird, don't you think? I mean a whooooole city underground! Have you guys ever seen a place this before? The only cities I've seen before were built upward not downward - well, I guess Castelia does have its own labyrinth underground and the buildings here aren't upside down - but still! There's gotta be a bunch of cool stuff around here!" Realizing that she didn't know when her teammates had got here, she asked, "have you guys seen anything cool around here yet?"