LordCowCow

Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC / PG / Not Accepting / Co-Hosted by Skaia]

The Dream Continues

Our young trainers have finally reached the last city on the island where new trainers get dropped off. They are now preparing to embark on the next stage of their quest. Mainland Korova. They will have even greater challenges, but also greater friends, on their path to be Pokemon League Champion.

HRpi1YM.png

Naomi let out a monstrous yawn as she rolled over and fell straight to the floor. She lay there, for a few moments, un-moving, until Princess rolled her onto her back. "Gmo'nin" she muttered, blinking rapidly as her eyes adjusted to the light coming through the window.

With the help of Princess the girl was able to get up to her feet. Though she immediately leaned up against Princess right after and the two spent a considerable amount of time trying to fit through the door before Naomi finally resigned herself to returning Princess to her ball.

The girl stumbled her way out of the Pokemon Center and headed towards the first place she thought of. The docks that they had been at the other day. She didn't know if that's where the others had gone but it was where she remembered them going last so it only made sense, right?

This half-baked logic, by sheer luck, turned out to be true. As the girl fumbled her way into finding them just as Kanon greeted Oswald, who had apparently just been in an encounter with a fish.

"Mornin" Naomi muttered again as she approached. Before sprawling out once more on the ground near them.

a8cPQwE.png

Meanwhile, same day, a bit earlier than the other group, Team JIB managed to find their way to the dock. It was quiet, birds flew overhead, occasional fish splashed up, and an occasional whoop of victory could be heard by the various fishermen along the dock.

However their destination was the ferry. It wasn't as large as the ship as it had a limit of ten passengers at a time but it did have a small deck on top that was designed to allow small scale Pokemon battles for those who were bored on the several hour trip to the mainland. The captain of the vessel looked similar to the captain of the boat they had arrived on. And, in fact, if questioned he'd tell them that they were cousins. Which still didn't quite explain why they looked almost entirely identical.

Either way the man would welcome the group on board with a reminder that they won't be underway for a few hours yet and that the single lounge room only had a television set for amusement. Though it did have several couches that were soft and a horribly ugly shade of purple.

QXPrjQp.png

The entire rest of the battle had been a blur, but Oswald stood there on the pier with a Pokeball in his hand.  After a bit, it suddenly hit him that he had succeeded in capturing the Remoraid he had used as his catch for the competition.  Archie and Icarus seemed to shake themselves from a trance as well, and noticed Oswald had the new addition in his hand.  Oswald knelt down towards the two and smiled.  

"I think I'll name them, Snipe.  Be sure to treat them like family, alright!"  Both of his Pokemon cried out happily.  

"Mornin"

Oswald hear the familiar tone, as his mood slightly soured.  He looked over to see the girl already sprawled out on the dock.  He puffed out his cheeks in annoyance, but sighed as he released the pent up frustration.  

"Morning, Naomi."  He walked up to the girl, before bending over to overshadow her.  "Don't get too comfy.  Now that you're up, we gotta find Kanon.  She went to the marsh from before to do something, so let's head back there."  He started off as Archie and Icaurs followed closely behind.  "Or...you could wait here.  It's your choice."  With that, Oswald left to go find Kanon.  

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan let out a sigh of relief. They were finally out of that stupid town, and heading towards the road. They were headed towards a ferry, as it was their route to getting to the next town in their journey. "It's always the damn water..." Ivan said to no one in particular as the sound of a fisherman shouting victorious faintly echoed from the distance. "From one boat to another." He shook his head, as Po simply shrugged, the small panda walking alongside the trio. The trip itself was rather uneventful, giving Ivan time to reflect about what had happened since he got here. His current record in battling was... pitiful, to put it bluntly. He had let Po down twice in battle, while the others around him succeeded. For a second, he thought about what he had been told back in Alola, before shaking his head. He was going to become a powerful trainer, a few loses weren't going to hold him back.

As they arrived at the ferry, they were greeted by a man that reminded them it would be a few hours before they actually departed. "So we're here early, huh..." He said to himself, before turning to the others. He was about to suggest that they go out and start training a bit before the ferry left, but then his eyes glanced over at Bella. She didn't seem to be the kind that'd want to be training right now; hell, she didn't seem to be the kind that should be here at all. She'd probably object.

He didn't care.

"Let's take this time to train up before the ferry departs. We shouldn't waste any time." He said, as he waited for a response from the two girls.

hxJ6EEI.png

Poké: 740

"Mornin"

It seemed that Kanon wouldn't have to go looking for Nomi after all. Not that she would have been all that hard to find, what with her potato-like tendencies and the Rhyhorn she rode around on. That meant that everyone could get together and head for the ferry when it was time...

"Don't get too comfy. Now that you're up, we gotta find Kanon."

"Um..." Maybe he just didn't hear her when she showed up? And it was totally possible he didn't see her either, maybe. Talk about awkward.

"She went to the marsh from before to do something, so let's head back there. Or...you could wait here. It's your choice."

"I'm right here you know!" she called out. Releasing her Inkay from its Poke Ball and holding the little squid up, she continued "And I even caught a new friend! I'm not sure how you didn't notice me at all, but you really need to pay more attention to your surroundings." Honestly, is he so excited about fishing that he'll completely fail to notice an entire person? Fishing sounded fun and all, but Kanon wasn't sure if she'd call it that exciting.

With that, Kanon made for where the ever-Nomi-like Nomi had decided to flop this time, hoisting her up onto her feet with her best effort. "Unless you all want to stay here instead, we'd best make for the ferry once everyone's ready to go. I've already done everything I have to."

a8cPQwE.png

"Let's gooooooooooooo!" The girl had started her morning with a very emphatic call to the sky, a big grin on her face as the breeze  whipped through her hair. Today was the day they were going to start their way towards the mainland, and from there, their true journey would begin. Jacklyn couldn't contain her enthusiasm, the meat of their adventure within arm's reach of her and a party to go along with her into it. With that, she waited for the others to wake up and once they had begun hustling to get to their ferry. 

As Ivan muttered something about boats, Jacklyn nodded saying,"I know right?" A smile on her face, clearly missing Ivan's own detest for it, she continued,"I've seen boats come and go all my life, but I've only ever been on one once. And now, in less than a week I get to go on a second one!" As they got to the ferry, the girl was a bit disappointed that they wouldn't be departing immediately, but just had to live with waiting around. It was then that she perked up at Ivan's suggestion saying, "oh, that's a good idea! But we probably shouldn't too stray from the boat. After all, a few hours can go by like that -" she waved her hand and made a "woosh" noise as she did so. "But, we could train against each other on the boat. After all, I'm sure Rus would love to spar with Po and Moo - oh but Cherry didn't do much yet, so I'm sure she'd love to just as much!" 

As she said this, and started making her way towards the ferry, she stopped in her tracks. "Right!" Rummaging through her bag, she stopped as her hand seemed to find what it was looking for. Jacklyn began to walk away, before snapping the device out from the backpack and using it as fast as she could. Saying, "cheese!" the device was none other than a camera she had purchased and she had hastily took a picture of the group. Turning the picture for everyone to see she said, "look at that. Our first memory as a group!" Due to her haste, the picture was  somewhat blurry. Due to their varying heights and none of them expecting to have their picture taken, only parts of each of their faces were actually in frame and the background was mostly just the side of the ferry. All the same, the girl seemed pleased with herself before pocketing her camera. 

Edited by Skaia

image.png

Naomi stared at Kanon as Oswald told her he was going to go find Kanon. Maybe she should say she was coming right there at this moment but...Naomi shrugged to herself and decided against it. "B'bye" She muttered.

Though Kanon soon made her presence known so it seemed that no one was going anywhere. Which was fine by Naomi. Except right then it seemed that they'd have to go somewhere after all. "Comin, goin, comin, stayin, goin." Naomi muttered sleepily, rocking back and forth. Finally she managed to roll herself to her feet, after almost falling into the water again, and shuffled her way towards the ferry.

She remembered hearing about it but she wasn't quite sure what she was looking for. Though the captain, looking oddly like the man who brought them to this region, was waiting for anyone who looked to be travelling trainers.

So, as they got near his vessel, he called out, "Ahoy there! You lasses, and lad, wanting a ride on the ferry? Just this way, just this way." Getting closer the man gestured to his small, but serviceable, ferry. "Already got another group of three on board, you can see em there on deck. Seems they wanted to do some battling if that strikes your fancy."

"Beds?" Naomi said immediately.

"Er, there's couches. Right below deck. Though it's a beautiful day wouldn't you rather..."

"Couches." Naomi said again. She turned towards her group. "Couches." She said again, firmly, and stumbled her way down below deck.

OOC

Spoiler

Team NOK is now also on the ferry. That's Team JIB above deck (those of them that decided to do so that is) and now y'all can choose to either chill on the couches with the TV and Naomi or stay above deck with whoever of Team JIB is there.

The others were talking about boats, but Belle didn't really care for boats, aside from the obvious. Being on a boat meant that they didn't have to walk. Which meant that Belle didn't have to walk. So that was good. "Boats're good." The girl glanced around the ferry, noting that the captain looked oddly similar to the previous one. Deciding that she didn't care enough to question it, the girl opened her mouth to announce that she was going to go below deck and sleep...or watch TV. "Gonna--"

"Let's take this time to train up before the ferry departs. We shouldn't waste any time."

Belle was going to tell him just what she thought of that plan when Jacklyn interjected, "oh, that's a good idea! But we probably shouldn't too stray from the boat. After all, a few hours can go by like that -" she waved her hand and made a "woosh" noise as she did so. "But, we could train against each other on the boat. After all, I'm sure Rus would love to spar with Po and Moo - oh but Cherry didn't do much yet, so I'm sure she'd love to just as much!" 

And then before the bluenette could even respond to the whirlwind of speech, the purple-haired girl retrieved a camera from her bag and snapped a quick picture, saying "cheese" almost at the same time she took the picture. Blinking owlishly after the picture was taken, Belle glanced at the picture and grimaced at the bad quality of the photo. Before she became a shut-in, she had loved having pictures taken of herself, and along the way, especially after playing Pokémon Snap, she had become a bit of a shutterbug herself. But it didn't take any great skill to see that this picture...sucked. Still, Jacklyn seemed happy. Belle wasn't sure whether she looked down on the other girl or envied her for being so easily pleased.

"You can train. Gonna TV," she grumbled, taking the slow, stumbling steps of the walking dead, or somebody who had just woken up, toward the entrance to go belowdeck.

QXPrjQp.png

"I'm right here you know!" Kanon called out. Releasing her Inkay from its Poke Ball and holding the little squid up, she continued "And I even caught a new friend! I'm not sure how you didn't notice me at all, but you really need to pay more attention to your surroundings."

Oswald had to blink a couple of times to notice that Kanon had been there the whole time.  He blushed a bit, and rubbed the back of his neck.  

"Sorry Kanon!  I must've been too absorbed in my fishing!  You have to be in a trance if you want any bites!  Hah!"  Even after the explanation, he still felt embarrassed.  After all, he didn't even notice his friend right beside him.  Not becoming of a Jr. Interpol Operative.  He held out his own pokeball, with Snipe inside.  "I caught a new friend too!  Hopefully they all get along together."  

"Unless you all want to stay here instead, we'd best make for the ferry once everyone's ready to go. I've already done everything I have to."

Oswald nodded in agreement, as they all headed for the Ferry.  The man who steered the vessel looked oddly familiar, but he couldn't place a finger on it.  

"Ahoy there! You lasses, and lad, wanting a ride on the ferry? Just this way, just this way.  Already got another group of three on board, you can see em there on deck. Seems they wanted to do some battling if that strikes your fancy."

Another group of three?  Was it more region champion challengers?  Oswald thanked the man and headed topside.  Seeing Naomi headed topside, he waved to her.  

"Have a good rest Naomi."  He said, slightly irritated at the fact that she was going to go once again waste time sleeping.  Instead he went to the deck and saw the other people who were to ride the ferry.  "Howdy!"  He said, a friendly as he could.  One of them kinda looked like trouble, like one of the gang members he had seen in the town prior...the same eyes...but Oswald wasn't going to judge a book by it's cover just yet.  

Edited by Mr. Hyde

hxJ6EEI.png

"Ahoy there! You lasses, and lad, wanting a ride on the ferry? Just this way, just this way. Already got another group of three on board, you can see em there on deck. Seems they wanted to do some battling if that strikes your fancy."

This guy looked familiar... wasn't he the guy that brought them to Korova to begin with? No, it had to be a different guy. That was an eerie resemblance though. Nomi, predictably enough, immediately asked the question of if there were any beds on the boat. There weren't, but there were couches. That seemed good enough for her. If she was able to sleep on the back of a Rhyhorn, there probably wasn't anywhere that girl couldn't sleep. A battle sounded nice, and it would let Kanon see just where she stood against trainers that weren't those Team Phoenix people.

Kanon followed Oswald's lead, heading over to meet this other group of three. Except it was a group of two. One of them must have gone somewhere They looked like a pretty typical pair, though the guy among the group looked like he might have been bad news. From the looks of things, they'd also been battling lately. It was kind of weird to just butt in at this sort of time, right?

"Howdy!" 

"Hi there."

...she'd done so without thinking.

Was Oswald not going to introduce himself. Fine then. "Name's Kanon..." Actually, this was kind of awkward. Why did it feel awkward? Or was that just her?

Edited by Yui

a8cPQwE.png

"Heheheh," the girl chuckled, a smirk on her face as she looked at her foe before her. "A worthy opponent you turned out to be, however! We won't be beat just y-" as Jacklyn was emphatically pointing towards Ivan, she was interrupted by the greetings of others coming up onto the boat as well. Looking at them, a young man in a suit and a smaller blue haired girl Jacklyn seemed to just smile at them and wave saying, "oh, hey there!" As the girl of the duo introduced herself, Jacklyn walked over and said, "nice to meet you Kanon, I'm Jacklyn. Oh," she pointed to the, previously battling, Buneary saying, "and she's Cherry." 

"Bu!" The Buneary hopped up, waving one of its ears at the group as it was introduced. 

As she looked at the two, her eyes lit up even more as she said, "oh wait, are you guys also adventurers? That makes this even better! Right Ivan?" She called back to her traveling companion, before sticking out her hand to shake, really towards either but it was closer to Kanon. "Then it's even more a pleasure to meet you guys!"  

Belladonna would find that she wasn't the first to decide to go below deck. All three of the couches down there were in some way occupied. The closest one to the door had a young girl, Naomi, sprawled across it. She was sleeping on her back with her limbs akimbo and her mouth wide open. She seemed to have been there for some time but she was still fully clothed and in a position that should have been uncomfortable.

The couch nearer to the television had much room on it still. The only one on it was a Hoppip who seemed to be less sitting on it more hovering over a cushion and bouncing up and down. It looked rather frustrated and when Belladonna came in the Pokemon's focus went right to her in an almost expectant gaze.

And near the last couch, across the room from the one the girl slept, was a Rhyhorn. She didn't sit on the couch but was so close to the edge of it that it would be hard to get onto it without climbing over her. She was watching the girl across the room intently and when Belladonna came in the Rock Pokemon's head turned towards her for a brief moment.

Up above deck the captain of the vessel boarded it and strolled over to the group. "We'll be setting off in fifteen minutes. You three got here just in time. It'll take a few hours to get to the other side so hope you all settle in nicely! If you have any questions I'll be over at the helm that-a-way."

OCO5E4E.png

"oh, that's a good idea! But we probably shouldn't too stray from the boat. After all, a few hours can go by like that -" Ivan nodded as the girl physically expressed how the hours can fly by. "But, we could train against each other on the boat. After all, I'm sure Rus would love to spar with Po and Moo - oh but Cherry didn't do much yet, so I'm sure she'd love to just as much!" That... wasn't a bad idea either. It was probably better than going in the wild and battling random things, now that he thought about it. As he was thinking, he was suddenly taking a group picture, which Jacklyn showed the group. The picture was... less than exception, due to how quickly it had been taken. Ivan's head wasn't even completely in the frame, only his chin showing up. Belle, as he expected, didn't seem to train. Or do much of anything else. Ivan didn't really care, simply shrugging as Belle went back into the ship. He still didn't know what to make of that girl. Ivan turned back to Jacklyn. "Well, let's get started!"

Ivan grinned as Root stood in front of him, a bit bruised but still more than ready to fight. "Heheheh," the girl chuckled, a smirk on her face as she looked at her foe before her. "A worthy opponent you turned out to be, however! We won't be beat just y-" Ivan was ready to retort, when suddenly a duo approached them. Their training had been interrupted as Jacklyn and Cherry went on to greet the newcomers. Ivan simply sighed, following behind the girl.

"Yo." Ivan's eye's met for a moment with the blue haired boy of the group, before drifting to the other one. Jacklyn had already introduced him, so he didn't bother giving his name. He turned to Jacklyn, rubbing the back of his head. "I guess..." Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind. He turned back to the others, his face changing from being stone cold to a small grin. "We now have enough people to do a Battle Royal." He said, cracking his knuckles. "This boat ride just got a bit more exciting."

hxJ6EEI.png

"Oh, hey there! Nice to meet you Kanon, I'm Jacklyn. Oh, and she's Cherry. Oh wait, are you guys also adventurers? That makes this even better! Right Ivan? Then it's even more a pleasure to meet you guys!" 

"Pleased to meet you, though calling us adventurers might be a bit generous..." Kanon cast a small smile to the pokemon belonging to these trainers. Verbal creatures or not, they were part of this conversation too, right? The ferry captain announced that it would be fifteen minutes before taking off, and that the voyage itself would take a few hours. Seemed like Kanon & pals would likely be sleeping in whatever town they landed in if that was the case. Which probably meant another night in some cramped room. Eugh. The idea of just heading out to the city limits and setting up camp there seemed pretty appealing.

"We now have enough people to do a Battle Royal. This boat ride just got a bit more exciting."

"Battle Royale?" Now that wasn't something Kanon was so familiar with. She knew that battles were mostly done between one trainer and another, but tag-team battles weren't unheard of either. But whatever Ivan was on about, it certainly was foreign to her. Must have been a regional thing from wherever he came from. Leaning over a bit closer to Oswald, Kanon whispered "What's a Battle Royale?"

a8cPQwE.png

Jacklyn smiled as Kanon returned her greeting, with Cherry giving a wave herself towards the girl. The girl's excitement only seemed to bubble over more as she heard that they were about to start their departure, barely able to contain herself at the prospect of their adventure truly getting underway...again. She then turned over to Ivan as he made a suggestion, saying, "oooh, that's a great idea Ivan! Training is way more fun with more people after all." As Kanon said battle royale, Jacklyn merely echoed, "Battle Royale! It's a shame Belle isn't up here for this, but you snooze you lose."

Nodding to herself, Jacklyn walked over to one side of the ship, looking to Cherry saying, "I should probably give you a rest for now. So you can watch Cherry. Rus," the girl opened her other pokeball, sending the Lepash out of it. Inching away from the side of the boat, the flaming bunny looked to the new people as Jacklyn said, "well, you guys wanna? Eh, eh?" She looked expectently towards Kanon and the boy with her.

Belle sighed as she came downstairs and saw that she wasn't the first one to get the idea to go below deck. All three of the couches were occupied somehow. Okay, couch one had a girl on it. Couch two had a Hoppip, which could easily be batted off but from the way it was looking at her, would probably be troublesome. And couch three had a Rhyhorn which didn't look like it'd pay her much attention, but she couldn't help but be wary of the rock type's size.

Sighing, the girl decided to go for couch two, the one with the Hoppip. If it became too much of a pain, she'd just...have to move...ugh. Approaching the couch, she started to look around for the remote. Except...it wasn't there. No remote in sight. And yes, she could walk toward the television and turn it on, but that would be way too much effort. Also, if she had to change the channel later...no, she had to find the remote, and find it soon.

Searching the vicinity, Belle paused when she saw what looked like a small rectangular object sticking out from underneath the sleeping girl. Oh joy. Glancing around, the bluenette made sure nobody was around before closing her eyes and focusing. When she opened them, they shone an eerie light blue. A similarly-colored glow appeared around the remote, but try as she might, nothing happened, and the glow faded with the remote still in place. Dang, it looks like the girl's actually sitting on the remote. This meant that she would either have to push the girl off the remote, which was unlikely with her level of strength, or wake her up. Which meant socializing.

Gritting her teeth, Belle decided to bite the bullet. "Hey," she snapped her fingers in front of the sleeping girl. "Hey," she repeated, voice sharp. "Wake up. You're sleeping on the remote." Honestly, with the girl's weight pressing down on the buttons, she was surprised the television hadn't turned on already.

Edited by Sethera

QXPrjQp.png

"Oh, hey there! Nice to meet you Kanon, I'm Jacklyn. Oh, and she's Cherry. Oh wait, are you guys also adventurers? That makes this even better! Right Ivan? Then it's even more a pleasure to meet you guys!" 

Their eyes had met...him and Ivan...but the boy's eyes quickly diverted to Kanon.  Suspicious indeed.

"I guess...We now have enough people to do a Battle Royal.  This boat ride just got a bit more exciting."

"Battle Royale?" Kanon leaned closer into him. "What's a Battle Royale?"

"You took the words right out of my mouth..." Oswald replied.  "If I had to guess," He went on, "It'd probably be a battle between the four or five of us all at once...no teams...just chaos."  The scenario intrigued him...naturally in the criminal underworld he would have to fight multiple criminals at once.  This would be good practice if that were the case.  He nodded at the prospect. 

oooh, that's a great idea Ivan! Training is way more fun with more people after all." As Kanon said battle royale, Jacklyn merely echoed,"Battle Royale! It's a shame Belle isn't up here for this, but you snooze you lose.  I should probably give you a rest for now. So you can watch Cherry. Rus," the girl opened her other pokeball, sending a flaming bunny. "well, you guys wanna? Eh, eh?"

Oswald looked to Kanon and shrugged, with a slight smile.  

"Hope you can keep up.  I'm a seasoned trainer now!"  He said with a sly chuckle, while pumping his own arm.  He took out on of his Pokeballs, and threw it out, revealing Icarus from inside.  The Starly was released with a vigorous flap of his wings, letting out a big chirp as he did so.  "Nobody's more suited for this than Icarus!  Let's show these adventurers what we're made of!"  

OCO5E4E.png

No one else seemed to know what a Battle Royal was. Well, maybe Jacklyn did, but he wasn't sure if she actually knew or was just excited. Either way, it seemed that, at the very least, Oswald was game. He turned to the boy. "More or less, yeah." Ivan said, reaching for his Pokeball and releasing Po as the others did the same. "There's a bit more to it, but it's not important." He said. Truthfully, he had forgotten the specific rules for how a Battle Royal worked, only having participated in a few of them. He had thought it was a common place thing, but that apparently wasn't the case.

Po looked up to Ivan, tilting his head. "C'mon, we're doin a Royal." Ivan said, leading to Po tilting his head in confusion. That was right, he had never done a Battle Royal with Po, only with...

"We're battlin'" He said to Po, which got him excited. The panda Pokemon took a glance around the room, tiling his head when he saw the strange bird Pokemon. Po assumed that the bird was going to be his opponent, which got the panda's blood pumping. Ivan started making his way towards where they'd be fighting, gesturing the others to follow him. He didn't show it, but Ivan was a bit excited for this.

Edited by rep

Something was wrong. The universe was colliding in on Naomi as she lay there in a state of dreaminess. She should be floating in the sea with nothing but a giant Spheal under her to keep her from drowning. Yet now there was a Krabby clacking its pincers together loudly by her ear. A noise that Naomi, try as she might, couldn't ignore.

She opened her eyes.

There was a strange girl there.

"Ello, strange girl." Naomi mumbled. "Where did the Krabby go? T'was makinoise. Lotta noise. Noise..." She started to nod off again before jerking upright. Jerking so suddenly and fast that she collapsed off of the couch and almost bowled the girl over in the process.

"Mm. Floor." Naomi looked up, blinking with half-asleep eyes, and muttered. "I like the couch more." She raised her hand up as if expecting the girl to help her up. And she'd keep her hand up even if the girl did nothing. "Whatcha doin ere? You wanna sleep too?"

Princess seemed to settle as she saw her trainer up and about. Or rather her equivalent of up and about. Knight, however, grew more restless. He zoomed in over her and began to bounce around mid-air. "Pip, piiiip!" He shouted eagerly, gesturing towards Belle's Pokeballs.

hxJ6EEI.png

"Battle Royale! It's a shame Belle isn't up here for this, but you snooze you lose."

That's nice and all, but it doesn't tell me what a Battle Royale actually is.

"If I had to guess, it'd probably be a battle between the four or five of us all at once...no teams...just chaos."

"More or less, yeah. There's a bit more to it, but it's not important."

Now that was a bit more helpful. It was exactly what the name suggested after all. She wasn't sure what these Ivan and Jacklyn people were packing, but Kanon did know what Pokemon Oswald had at his disposal. She wasn't necessarily playing to win, but leading this fight off with Bubbles probably wasn't the way to go. Lunar seemed like a better pick. Aside from his very recent catch, none of Oswald's Pokemon could really do much to him, and Lunar had been a pretty faithful combatant, even if he did run off that one time.

And so, following Ivan's gesture, Kanon reached into her pocket, and pulled forth the pokeball containing her four-legged friend. She tossed it forward, only for the eager-looking Rockruff to pop out, tail wagging to and fro as he regarded the Pancham across from him with an excited and intense look. Lunar was raring to go as always.

a8cPQwE.png

Jacklyn was pumped for everyone to get ready for the battle royale. As each of them, one by one, sent out the pokemon they were getting ready to fight with, Jacklyn appeared to be hopping in place in excitement, more so than her actual bunny was. "Alright! If everyone's all set and ready, then let's get this battle royale under way!" Looking to her companion, she said, "alright Rus, who're you looking to go for first?" The stern looking Lepash observed its foes, seeing how the Rockruff was already staring down Po, it in turn moved its focus to the Starly. Giving a short nod to the girl, Jacklyn said, "alright Rus." 

Pointing towards the Starly and their trainer, Jacklyn said, "then go Rus, and show that Starly some ember!" Letting out a grunt, the Lepash took in a deep breath before letting out a small burst of fire towards the flying-type.  

While her companions were upstairs battling, Belle was busy with a battle of her own. The battle to claim the remote. And the raging battle in her head, which always happened whenever she strained her powers. Hammer versus head. And the hammer was winning. At least the other girl was awake now.

"Ello, strange girl," the other mumbled. "Where did the Krabby go? T'was makinoise. Lotta noise. Noise..." She started to nod off again before jerking upright. Jerking so suddenly and fast that she collapsed off of the couch and almost bowled Belle over in the process. "Mm. Floor." She looked up, blinking with half-asleep green eyes, and muttered. "I like the couch more." She raised her hand up as if expecting the girl to help her up.

Belle did nothing. This girl fell over on her own, and now she expected her to help her up? She didn't touch other people if she could help it, but it looked like the girl wasn't getting the memo, as she dangled her hand in the air even when it was obvious it wasn't going to be grasped. "Whatcha doin ere? You wanna sleep too?"

"Well, not yet, I was going to watch TV," Belle grumbled. "Though now that you mention it...no, never mind!" She was getting off-topic. The bluenette reached her hand out like she was going to finally take the other girl's hand, but her hand went past that...and to the remote. Which was dangling off the edge of the couch, and in danger of falling off as well. "You were sitting on the remote," she stated, hoping that this girl would understand just how massive of a crime that was. Just how irreverential an action that was. Though going by the brunette's sluggish expression, she probably wouldn't.

She was about to slouch back to the nearest couch when the Hoppip zoomed over and began to bounce around in mid-air. "Pip, piiiip!" it shouted eagerly, gesturing towards Belle's Pokeballs.

"What?" the girl whined. "Whaddaya want? My balls? You can't have them," she scowled. "Wait...do you want to see my Pokémon?" How pointless. It wasn't as if she would be traveling with this girl. There was no reason to introduce Moo to a stranger or her Pokémon. Actually, strategically, that was a bad idea if they ever ended up battling each other.

...Though judging by this girl's behavior, it seems like the elevator doesn't go all the way to the top floor.

Edited by Sethera

Naomi glanced over to where Belle's hand went. Remote? Ooooh. "Thazwhy the Spheal had a horn on it...thanks f'movin it!" Naomi said, grinning goofily up at the girl. "Is'not comfy to lay on." Though it seemed the girl wasn't about to move from her spot next to the couch anytime soon.

The girl shrugged one shoulder, too tired to use both, at Knight's antics. "Dunno, he's pretty energetic." She yawned. "Mebbe he wants to play." She made no move to get up, still. "Oh, but what's your Pokemon like? You met Knight. That's Princess over there." Naomi grew slightly more invested as she started talking about her Pokemon. "Isn't she cute? I gave her the bow cause it matched her personality I think." Princess let out a grumpy grunt at this, getting up and thudding her way towards the pair at the mention of her name.

Meanwhile Knight seemed to be getting frustrated and, a moment later, zoomed out of the room. "Guess he wantsta go fer a walk." Naomi looked back towards Belle. "Does your Pokemon like to take walks? I don't really get it myself."

giphy.gif

Knight, having grown frustrated at his partner's lack of energy, had decided to take matters into his own hands. He had a feeling. A sense. That someone, somewhere near, was about to fight.

And when he made it up to the deck he saw that his feeling was right. There were multiple Pokemon, some he didn't know, out and about. And the formation...it was a battle alright! And so the Hoppip made his way towards the area between where the four Pokemon were standing, though not close enough to get in the middle of them, and started bouncing around in excitement. Raring to join in on the antics despite his lack of trainer.

ZrjobFh.png

The battle royale was starting! This was Kanon's first time having such a battle, and she wasn't about to let the others thing she was some sort of pushover. She may not have looked as excited about it as she actually was, but that was okay. Lunar seemed eager enough for the both of them. Already, attacks were being ordered against one another. Kanon glanced around at the other Pokemon assembled. Oswald's Starly, Ivan had brought a Pancham, and... Kanon had no idea what Jacklyn's Pokemon was. She'd never seen anything like it before. Maybe it was native to Korova?

Which, to Kanon, meant it was probably smartest to get that one out of the way first. "Alright Lunar, go Tackle that one!" she said, pointing at Jacklyn's Pokemon. She'd have to ask about that Pokemon after this battle was over.

QXPrjQp.png

"then go Rus, and show that Starly some ember!"

"Wait!  Hold on!  There wasn't a signa-!"  It was too late, and the battle had already started.  Without anything said to him, Icaurs was immediately buffeted by the small flames that shot at him, prompting the small bird to flap his feathers in an attempt to lessen the heat.  "Cheap move..."  Oswald groaned.  But this was exactly the practice he was looking for!  No holds barred!  Looking at Kanon's choice, her Rockruff, Luna, Oswald couldn't help but glare at her.  "Cheap move..."  He groaned again, before executing his first attack.  "Icarus!  Synchronize up with Lunar, and hit that...that...that Pokemon that hit you with an ember with a Quick attack!"  

With a healthy chirp, the small bird took to the air, only for it to charge off with some speedy maneuvers to attack the flaming bunny.  

OCO5E4E.png

The battle royal started. Ivan took a look at what everyone had used, surprised to see a Rockruff among the Pokemon. Po stood eagerly in a battle position, eyeing his opposition. Ivan turned to the bird Pokemon, more than likely some sort of Flying-type. He knew that this bird was probably going to be the biggest threat to Po, so the trainer pointed his finger at the Starly. "Go, Arm Thrust that bird!" As he did, he saw that the bird was occupied attacking Rus, who had attacked it first. Po, without hesitation, leapt into the pit of Pokemon, arms swinging towards the Starly.

As Ivan watched, he saw a bouncing pink thing from the corner of his eyes. A Hoppip had appeared out of nowhere, and it was bouncing towards the battle. "What the hell..." Ivan muttered to himself, before shaking his head. He couldn't get distracted right now - he was in the middle of a battle! He'd deal with the Hoppip later... or maybe it'd go away on its own.