LordCowCow

Pokemon: Mind and Soul [IC / PG / Not Accepting / Co-Hosted by Skaia]

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan pumped his fist as the Arm Thrust managed to K.O. the Lepash. "Good goin' Po!" The Pancham smirked smugly, breathing heavily from exhaustion. "You should rest up, ya did good." Ivan was having a hard time hiding his excitement. This was the first battle he had won since he got on this trip, and it felt amazing. Granted, it was a Battle Royal and not quite a one on one, but it was something.

"I lost." Ivan turned to Jacklyn, who didn't seem to be taking losing all too well. Before he could say anything, though, she got back to her happy demeanor. "well, way to go Ivan! I knew a member of my team could do it. But as your captain, I won't lose next time!" Ivan simply nodded, turning to the other party.

"A shame you were born with those things."  What the hell was this punk talking about? Ivan would probably bark at the shrimp if he weren't in such a good mood.  "You won, so here's from me to you.  Enjoy."  Ivan took the money, tossing the coins a bit, before turning back to Oswald.  "I'll be coming back for it, tenfold!  So don't go spending it just yet." Ivan simply smirked slightly.

"I'd like to see you try, punk." Ivan simply said, turning back to Jacklyn. Who had just been struck by the Hoppip in the other girls arms. "H-Hey!" Ivan shouted, running over and picking the Hoppip up. He couldn't help but chuckle though. "A fighter... I'd ask you to join my team but..." He turned back to the other group. "It looks like you're with someone else."

a8cPQwE.png

With the other new people talking with each other, before Jacklyn could say anything there was a sudden pink floating ball, barreling its way through the air towards her. Though it was not particularly painful, Jacklyn was still knocked back as the force of the Hoppip pushed her head a bit backward. Keeping herself from fully falling back, the girl looked annoyed as the Hoppip in front of her seemed similarly annoyed. "You! Well, if you want to go, I still got Cherry to take you on and you will be-" it was then that she heard Ivan call out to the think, where she finally seemed to realize that this Hoppip belonged to someone else. Thinking on it for a moment, it was certainly obvious, but the main thing on her mind was her turning to Ivan. Looking at him, still a bit annoyed, she said,"not allowed. I get the next grass type!" 

Then looking back to the Hoppip she said, "well, if you want to battle why don't you just get your trainer to let you?" Looking at the other two she said, "so, which one of you do they belong to?" 

QXPrjQp.png

"so, which one of you do they belong to?"

"Knight doesn't think he belongs to anyone, apparently."  Oswald chuckled.  "But no, his trainer is probably below the deck.  She's a pile of lazy cubones, but she's our friend.  As long as knight doesn't get into trouble, I don't see any harm in him doing what he wants for the time being.  He obviously doesn't like getting held down."  

On there way to find their sleepy little trainer, Kanon asked a question.

"Do you know why trainers give people money when they lose in a battle? Is it illegal not to pay them or something?"

"You know," He said with a tinge of confusion, "I'm not really sure myself.  It's tradition, right?  You see it on the streets, and from town to town.  It's just an unspoken rule of battling that's been passed down through the ages."  Thinking about it for a while, he came to a strange conclusion.  "Back in the old days, pokemon battling wasn't as common as it is now, right?  It was for survival, or extreme tension like wars and family feuds.  It's common practice that losers of those things have to pay up for the trouble they cause...so maybe it's just a lesser, but friendlier offshoot of those rules."  Oswald shrugged and smiled.  "But that's just my theory."  When they entered the haul of the ship, it wasn't long before they found Naomi, surprisingly still awake!  What's more is that she was talking to someone, and getting in their personal space.  

"Oh, hey there Naomi, who's your friend."  Oswald said, patting her on the head, and then stroking princess' side.  "Sorry if she's been bothering you.  We should've been keeping a closer eye on her."

Edited by Mr. Hyde

ZrjobFh.png

Poké: 740

Well, the first thing Knight had done upon being released was smack itself face-first into Jacklyn and address her angrily. Seemed about right. Oswald clarified that he didn't belong to Kanon or himself, and then it was off to find the pile of lazy cubones. Along the way, Oswald gave Kanon... not a factual correct answer to her question, but sure was something.

"I'm not really sure myself. It's tradition, right? You see it on the streets, and from town to town. It's just an unspoken rule of battling that's been passed down through the ages. Back in the old days, pokemon battling wasn't as common as it is now, right? It was for survival, or extreme tension like wars and family feuds. It's common practice that losers of those things have to pay up for the trouble they cause...so maybe it's just a lesser, but friendlier offshoot of those rules. But that's just my theory."

"Uh-huh..." Suddenly, Kanon wasn't sure if Oswald was a history buff, or if she was an uneducated hick. She hoped for the former of the two. Soon afterward, the pair found their third member. Nomi. And she was with someone else too, like besides Princess. Another human being. She was way too close to this other girl's face though

"Come on Sleeping Beauty, personal space, back it up a bit," Kanon sighed, grabbing Nomi by the sides and pulling her away from the other girl so that she wasn't so freakishly close to this stranger. Who was she, anyway?

Naomi easily let herself be pulled back by Kanon. Though at the end of said pulling she simply slumped down onto her back. Which meant that she was underneath Kanon and looking upwards.

Naomi didn't seem to think anything about this though. "That's my new friend, Belle! She's a genius who likes TV." She pointed at Princess. "Princess says she wants to try to be strong. So'm gonna do that maybe." She thought a moment. "Where'd Knight go anyway?" She asked casually, clearly not very concerned about it.

Blinking a few moments a thought crossed her mind and she spoke towards Kanon. "Personal space?"

In the meantime Princess was grabbing Belle by the back of her clothing and lifting her up to her feet and towards the couch. Where the girl sat back down and examined the two that had come in with a bit of apprehension.

giphy.gif

Without Kanon or Oswald there anymore the Hoppip continued to bounce in front of Jacklyn, seemingly trying to challenge the girl to a battle. Though it wouldn't be hard to ignore the small Pokemon as, without a trainer nearby, he seemed to be a bit unsure how to get this started.

QXPrjQp.png

"That's my new friend, Belle! She's a genius who likes TV.  Princess says she wants to try to be strong. So'm gonna do that maybe.  Where'd Knight go anyway?"

Oswald had to blink a couple of times, with Naomi going on for more than a couple of sentences.  He wasn't used to her being so frenetic...well frenetic in her case.  He laughed before patting her head again.

"Knight's topside, getting into trouble with some other cruise-goers.  He and Princess have the same mindset, I think.  They both want to get stronger."  Oswald squatted beside her, smiling.  "Let's do our best to make that happen, okay?"  He said, before standing back up and smiling back at Belle.  "Thanks for watching her while we were exploring the ship.  Glad Naomi can make friends all on her own!  She mainly likes to have people trip over her, so watch yourself!  I'm Oswald by the way...kind of like her Guardian, I guess?"  Oswald then turned his attention back to Naomi.  "So, are we going to go grab Knight?  Maybe you can tell him that you wanna make him stronger to?"  

OCO5E4E.png

As he saw the other two walked away, he let out a sigh. "Well that settles..." He started, turning back to face Jacklyn. It was then that he realized that neither of the two trainers had taken the Hoppip from his arms. Not only that, but the Hoppip seemed to have jumped out of his arms at some point. Turning around to try and find the Hoppip, he was greeted by the small pink Pokemon jumping up and down towards Jacklyn. He couldn't talk to Pokemon, but he knew what it looked like when someone was trying to pick a fight. It was very amusing to see something so small try and pick a fight like this. Ivan said, turning back to the girl. "It seems like he's itching to fight ya. It'd be rude to leave him hanging." Ivan said, shrugging his shoulders.

ZrjobFh.png

"Personal space?"

"That thing when you're too close to..." What was even the point of explaining this to Nomi of all people? She'd either not get it, or get it then completely ignore it anyway. "Never mind," Kanon sighed. While Oswald was busy introducing himself to Nomi's new friend, it also seemed he wanted to bring the potato sack of a girl up top to retrieve Knight. A bit of fresh air could do these two some good, she figured. And she wanted to see if Oswald would do some more fishing too, and maybe learn for herself. She used to scoop up Pokemon out of puddles back home, but that was a far shot from actual fishing.

"I'm going up there too, if the two of you are getting some fresh air." Oh, right, the new friend. Kanon briefly turned her attention to that girl, finally letting go of Nomi. "I'm Kanon by the way. I'm with these two."

a8cPQwE.png

As the two revealed that Knight, the Hoppip in front of her, was in fact owned by someone downstairs, Jacklyn sighed in defeat. All the same, as the other two trainers left, Jacklyn was about to follow as the Hoppip seemed to fly out of Ivan's arms and straight at her again. Hopping back, instinctively taking a battle ready stance as she expected it to tackle into her again, the girl then relaxed herself as it just seemed to be aggressively "hoppip-ing" at her. As Ivan called out to her, Jacklyn nodded, "you're right! Well, I can't exactly have Rus battle you, since he's all tuckered out. So instead, here she comes!" 

Grabbing at her pokeball, the girl sent out her Buneary. Hopping excitedly the Buneary gave a small wave to the others, as it looked to the aggressive Hoppip. Tilting their head to the side, they looked to Jacklyn. "Yeah Cherry, he's our next opponent, so get psyched!" Pumping her fist in the air, Cherry let out a "buuuu!" as they pumped their ear up. As Jacklyn seemed ready to brawl, she then seemed a bit confused, looking to Knight and then back to Ivan. "So like, should I wait for his trainer to get here or something?" 

Belle didn't seem altogether comfortable with the sudden influx of people. Finding it hard to focus on the television with people around. She did manage to introduce herself, though Naomi already had for the most part, but it seemed clear she wanted to focus on what was on the television screen.

"So, are we going to go grab Knight?  Maybe you can tell him that you wanna make him stronger too?"  

"I'm going up there too, if the two of you are getting some fresh air."

"Didn'ya just come from there?" Naomi inquired. Well, whatever they wanted to do she supposed. Her head lolled to the side and glanced over at Belle. "M'goin up Belle." She told the girl. Though she wasn't sure how much attention the other girl was paying.

"You can watch the TV if you want." Naomi said to her companions. "I tried. Too tiring. Gonna go up now." She then proceeded to lay across Princess and the Rhyhorn, grunting, got to her feet and tried to go up the stairs to no avail.

Naomi slid off and stared up the steps for a while. She sighed, returned Princess, and stumbled her way towards the surface.

giphy.gif

"So like, should I wait for his trainer to get here or something?" 

Knight did a flip in excitement. Then proceeded to answer Jacklyn's question himself. He reared back and then charged in at Cherry. He bumped against her ineffectively, splashing about mid-air, and aggressively. He then moved back and chirped in a way that made it seem like he intended it to be intimidating.

OOC

Spoiler

Probably will try to move on within next couple weeks. This Knight fight thing will probably be semi-collab at least.
Naomi won't get up the steps right away so keep that in mind.

a8cPQwE.png

As the Hoppip charged her, Cherry took on a defensive stance only for the opponent to bounce harmlessly off of her. As it started threateningly, or at least attempting to be so, chirping at her Jacklyn looked to her Buneary. "Are you okay Cherry?" Cherry looked back to her trainer, confused about what had just happened, but slowly nodded all the same. "Good! Let's give him one right back!" The Buneary nodded, hopping towards the Hoppip as she harmlessly bounced into him. The two then began to trade blows back and forth, both seemingly just moving threateningly towards the other and sometimes harmlessly striking into the other. Jacklyn seemed a bit dumbfounded by this, as it went on for several exchanges, looking at Ivan as if to confirm that she wasn't the crazy one here, only to then look back to the battle at hand. 

"Alright Cherry. Um, good job. But hit him now - what was it, pound? Yeah, use Pound Cherry!" Hearing her trainer's order, Cherry nodded and bounced back before bounding forward. Slamming its feet into Knight, the Hoppip seemed taken aback by the attack and was actually damaged by it. Righting itself back into position, Knight then charged forth towards Cherry once more. "Brace yourself!" As Jacklyn called out her command, Cherry curled up and took a more defensive posture, which merely caused Knight to harmlessly bounce off of the Buneary. "And again!" 

Bounding forward once more, Cherry pounded Knight, injuring the Hoppip again. Seeming worse for wear, Jacklyn had a big smile on her face as she said, "alright, we're almost there!" Cherry, seeming to share her enthusiasm, started hopping in place ready to go for another attack. However, as the battle seemed to be winding down, Jacklyn saw someone else walk up from downstairs. Not actually recognizing the person, she shouted out, "hey! New Person!" Waving to them she asked, "are you Knight's trainer?" 

ZrjobFh.png

The sight of Nomi working her way up the stairs was... Kanon wasn't sure what word she'd use to describe it. "Do you think maybe something's wrong with her muscles?" she couldn't help but ask Oswald. She wouldn't have lasted a day in Fortree City, would she? Getting some exercise in that girl would probably be good for her in the long run. And maybe meals with plenty of protein in case it really was a muscle thing and Nomi wasn't incomprehensibly lazy for no discernable reason. After everything else the Korova Region had thrown at her so far though, a bit of time unwinding and watching some TV didn't sound like a bad idea.

She didn't recognize this show at all. Although, a lot of shows were programs Kanon wouldn't recognize at a glance come to think of it. Most of the shows she watched were ones that taught her more about Pokemon. Just changing the channel seemed rude though; someone else was already watching something, after all.

"are you Knight's trainer?"

Naomi had made it up the steps and was leaning against a railing as she tried to keep herself steady. She looked around for the source of the question and noticed the strange girl standing up there. Then she saw Knight in battle with a Buneary.

The girl shuffled up next to the girl who had asked. "Yea, Naomi." She said. There was a silence then. "Oh. You're battlin m'Pokemon. I should do something..."

Jacklyn stared at the girl during the silence but then responded, "probably! He just keeps kind of...moving at Cherry and not really doing anything. Oh, I'm Jacklyn by the way!"

"Ello..." She looked blankly at the scene before her. "Mm, d'I gotta go on t'other side?"

Jacklyn looked a bit confused, saying, "maybe? I think as long as Knight can hear you you're good."

Naomi let out a soft grunt. She watched the scene some more. The Buneary was using Pound on Knight who...wasn't doing much. What was the moves that the Hoppip knew? There was something...Oh. "Synthesis." Naomi muttered and Knight, perking up at the sound of Naomi's voice, looked at her without doing anything.

Naomi frowned a bit. Did she say it wrong? "Whazwrong?"

"Maybe he doesn't know what that is?" Jacklyn looked to Cherry, who similarly seemed confused.

"Is his move...Knight, Synthesis, use it...uh, use the thing....Use Synthesis." Knight seemed to finally get what she was saying and, flipping in the air, started to glow. The injuries left by Cherry's Pound started to fade away. "And um...Absorb."

a8cPQwE.png

Jacklyn was surprised as the green aura came around Cherry, the girl merely shouting, "brace yourself girl!" as it did. Cherry, not really knowing what else to do, curled up defensively once more but that seemed to do little to deter the absorb attack. 

As the Hoppip's attack went off without a cinch, Naomi seemed to be a bit silent before just saying, "oh...Absorb again." 

Seeming more on guard and battle focused this time, Jacklyn called out, "alright, our opponent's seem to be more cunning than we gave them credit for. So Cherry, go pound!" As the aura formed around them again, Cherry this time crouched and bounded towards the Hoppip, feet ready to slam into the pokemon. 

"Knight....hop up." Naomi said and the Grass Pokemon's leaves spun ass they bounced in the air, above Cherry.

"Oh it's on! Cherry, don't lose to a hopping contest!" Seemingly pumped for something that was no longer battling, Cherry's expression seemed just as serious as they jumped high as they could into the air, attempting to match the Hoppip. 

While Knight seemed up to the challenge, Naomi called out for yet another absorb. Though she was hit by the attack, Cherry didn't seem too deterred as Jacklyn called out, "alright, we won the battle, so let's go for the war. Pound!"

Letting out an emphatic "bu!" Cherry leaped forward towards the Hoppip. Knight, meanwhile, seemed waiting for Naomi's orders, only to see the girl bobbing her head back and forth as she barely seemed able to keep herself awake. As Knight was struck by the attack, and knocked all the way towards the deck of the boat, Naomi seemed to be a bit more aware again as she said, "oh, did I miss'omthing?"

Jacklyn, not seeming at all off put by these antics shouted, "and one more!" Cherry then bounded, slamming their feet into Knight once more. As Knight was knocked away, Naomi then seemed to still be struggling to keep herself awake. As this hadn't been the first time it happened, Jacklyn now seemed fully confused by the girl, looking to Cherry saying, "what is she doing?" The Buneary shrugged. "Well, I guess, go for one more pound!" 

With Cherry now flinging herself towards Knight once more, without any orders from his trainer, Knight merely seemed to try to go blow for blow with the Buneary. As the two nearly met with each other, Naomi called out for yet another synthesis, but the two had already collided by that point, Cherry's pound clearly winning out in the contest of strength. Knocking the Hoppip away, now KO'd, Jacklyn let out a, "woohooo!" Pumping her fist in the air, she shouted, "way to go Cherry!" Caught up in the enthusiasm as well, Cherry similarly pumped her fist into the air. 

Looking to her opponent, Jacklyn triumphantly walked over saying, "good battle Naomi. Might've been a bit unfair since you weren't here for the first half but that was fun," as she stuck her hand out to shake with the other girl's, Jacklyn looked at her for a moment. After blinking a few times, she seemed confused saying, "are you awake?"

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan watched on the side lines quietly, giving a stern look at Naomi. Somehow they had found someone lazier than Belle as she walked and talked like she had just woken up. She had also been rather negligent towards the Hoppip... it somewhat boiled his blood a bit. Once the battle had finished, he made his way towards Naomi, shaking his head. "You know, you should take better care of this little fella." He said, pointing at Knight. "I mean sure, nothing happened to him this time, but imagine if some thug got on the boat and just snatched him up while you were doing... god knows what, sleeping?" He said, shaking his head and not really thinking about what he was saying. "And another thing, what's with the battling!? Knight here practically had to order himself to do anything!" He crossed his arms and rolled his eyes before letting out a sigh, waiting to see what the girl had to say for himself.

QXPrjQp.png

"Do you think maybe something's wrong with her muscles?"

"Atrophy, probably..."  Oswald said, not sure if he wanted to be correct.  After all, the girl could barely walk anywhere by herself without the help of Princess.  "We'll just have to whip her into shape I suppose."  Once they were topside, Knight had decided to get himself into a bit more trouble with the others.  It turned out that Knight was really persistent with the idea of battling, and Naomi obliged him.  The battle was quick, over in the blink of an eye almost, prompting Oswald to let out a halfhearted laugh.  "You'll get 'em next time, Naomi."  Oswald said, almost hesitant to encourage the girl.  That Ivan guy from before then walked up to her with those beady eyes of his, prompting Oswald to get in between the two.  

"You know, you should take better care of this little fella.  I mean sure, nothing happened to him this time, but imagine if some thug got on the boat and just snatched him up while you were doing... god knows what, sleeping?  And another thing, what's with the battling!? Knight here practically had to order himself to do anything!"

"Hey now, lets settle down."  Oswald said, placing his hand in a gesture to stop.  "You know that's what Knight wanted too, right?  That guy's a bundle of energy, and he wanted to let loose.  We could all tell."  Oswald put his hand down, and into his pocket.  "And Naomi isn't quite the battler, if you didn't notice."  He turned back to the girl, who almost looked asleep again, and back to Ivan.  "Yet.  We'll make a trainer out of her...or whatever she wants to do, soon enough."  This guys gruff exterior was really hiding a love for Pokemon, even other people's.  He and Oswald were of the same cloth, but cut two different ways.  "She means well.  So try not to get too nosy, pal."  

ZrjobFh.png

"Atrophy, probably... we'll just have to whip her into shape I suppose."

"Yeah," Kanon nodded in agreement. Speaking of Nomi, it was time to head back up to check how she was doing. This show wasn't all that interesting anyway. Whatever battle she was in, it had ended just like that. That was probably to be expected. Based on the brief exchange between Ivan and Oswald, she probably had to keep a better eye on her Pokemon. Which made sense, considering how Knight had slipped free and tried to butt into the battle royale earlier. Whip her back into shape, mold her into a good... whatever she wanted to be. They really had their work cut out with Nomi, didn't they?

"What do you want to do anyway?" Kanon asked to Nomi. "And don't say nothing. Everyone has to do something with themselves eventually. Usually."

"are you awake?"

Naomi gave a start as Jacklyn shook her. "Mwake." She muttered, eyes still closed. She lazily lifted an arm and returned Knight to his Pokeball. "Battlin's hard." She said. "How're you so..." she waved an arm around frantically for a few moments before deciding that was too much work and letting it flop at her side.

"I mean sure, nothing happened to him this time, but imagine if some thug got on the boat and just snatched him up while you were doing... god knows what, sleeping? And another thing, what's with the battling!? Knight here practically had to order himself to do anything!"

Naomi pried her eyes open and looked up, up, up at the tall man who spoke to her. "Who're you?" She muttered. Then she lifted Knight's Pokeball. "He'sfine." She slurred. She didn't quite get what the man was getting at. "He moves faster'n I think." She nodded, pleased with her expert assessment.

Then Oswald and Kanon came in and Naomi found herself lost in the conversation.

"What do you want to do anyway?"

Naomi jumped a bit again. "Mm?" She flopped her head to the side to look at Kanon. Then she just gave a shrug. "I'unno." She responded.

And them, as if stirred by the somewhat aggressive actions of Ivan, Princess emerged out of her Pokeball and moved between her and Ivan, looking at the man and letting out a grunt.

"Princess!" Naomi said happily and flopped her body hard onto the rock type's side.

a8cPQwE.png

As Jacklyn continued looking at her opponent, she couldn't help but feel a strange off-putting feeling from the sheer lack of energy she seemed to be giving off. Confused as the girl seemed to be still falling asleep in the middle of their conversation, Jacklyn merely let out a, "uhhh. " Ivan then came over to chastise the girl with a similar, if not more annoyed, sentiment to her own. As Naomi gave her reasoning, though, Jacklyn couldn't help but feel this was entirely too true and looked to Ivan saying, "she's got you there." As Oswald stated that he would do his best to make something of Naomi, Jacklyn looked to the cabin below deck then back to Oswald saying, "and I thought I had my work cut out for me."

Looking back to Naomi as she made her indecisive answer, Jacklyn said, "well, if you don't know what to do, then just pick adventuring!" Enthused by her own suggestion she said, "after all, adventuring is even better for when you're lost. See," she gestured to the open seas they were on and the horizons around them. "The world is a big place, so there's gotta be something out there for you, and adventuring is just the way for you to find it!" Pointing to herself she said, "then one day you too can be uh," she flapped her arms about in a confused but similar manner to the way Naomi had at her. 

OCO5E4E.png

Ivan gave the girl a confused look. She didn't seem all there at all - was she on something? He didn't have much time to ponder that, however, as Oswald butted between them, as Ivan glared daggers down at the runt. "So what, you'll whip her into shape before or after the lil' guy gets himself kidnapped?" He butted his face close to Oswald's. "I've seen this play out before, chump. Some naive trainer doesn't keep their eye on their Pokemon, and before they know it..." He backed off a bit, tossing an empty Pokeball in the air, before quickly swiping it as it fell. "...it's gone." Of course, he knew that story all too well, having seen it first hand multiple times. 

Before he could say anything else, however, a Rhyhorn appeared from the girl and gave him a rather nasty look. Ivan simply scoffed as he glanced over to Naomi, backing up. "You've got luck, girl. Don't squander it." He simply said, before turning his back towards the other trio of trainers, shaking his head. He didn't even fully understand why he cared so much about this; he had barely met the girl's friends, let alone Naomi herself. Maybe it was his way to try and make up for his past, or maybe he had some steam to blow. Either way it didn't matter. He had gotten what he wanted off of his chest. 

"well, if you don't know what to do, then just pick adventuring!"

"You've got luck, girl. Don't squander it."

Naomi looked at the two of them. "Mkay then." She said with a shrug. "To 'venture!" She half raised a fist as she said this then flopped back onto Princess.

The journey didn't take much longer and they reached the next city as the sun was starting to go down.

Skrelp Harbor was incredibly aptly named. The first thing the groups would see upon entry was the large, man-made harbor branching off of the city. Shaped roughly like a U it was created long ago to give ships an entryway into the otherwise rocky sea surrounding the mainland. On the end of one side of this U was a huge lighthouse that, while it looked impressive from far off, looked to be in some disrepair upon closer inspection.

The ferry stopped at the other side of the U and the captain welcomed them to the city, handed out a roughly drawn map of the city, and let them go on their way at their leisure. "I'll be here till tomorrow morning." he explained.

As the groups left they would see what looked like a crane lowering a net every now and then and pulling out a huge amount of Skrelp that had gotten too close to the harbor itself.

The city itself was large, though not as much as the first city they had encountered, but it seemed to not have much beyond the norm besides its marketplace, located near the harbor.

The people, while not unfriendly, seemed to almost all have a sense of "I need to be somewhere" and the city, even this late, seemed to be in constant motion. Though it wasn't as packed as a larger city would be there seemed to be always at least someone hurrying down the sidewalks and streets.

The team led by Jacklyn would be the first off the ferry. With Jacklyn practically dragging along Belle who seemed to be rather out of it, having fallen asleep while watching her television during the time everyone had been chatting on the deck.

Oswald and Kanon, as per usual, would have to wait some time after the group left to be able to get Naomi off of the ferry.

When they did she looked around at where they were and stated. "Oh yeah...the world is bigger."

Both groups adventure into the mainland of Korova has officially begun.

OOC

Spoiler

So stated the main stuff in the city. Travel about as you will and ask me for details and such. For some ease...

Common trainers examples: Rising Stars, Youngsters, Lasses, and Fishermen.

General encounter examples: Fishing. Skrelp, 99%. Magikarp, 1%.
Lighthouse, Murkrow, 50%. Rattata, 40%. Grimer, 10%.

ZrjobFh.png

Unsurprisingly, Nomi wasn't sure what to do with herself. Jacklyn and Ivan had some suggestions, which was more than Kanon could say at least.

"To 'venture!"

It's something. Like Jacklyn had said, she could figure out a more solid goal while she was adventuring about. As the sun set over the horizon, the ferry's destination came into view. Another port town, although what this place lacked in fish smell, it made up for with that hustle-bustle metropolitan feeling Kanon didn't like. The disembarking was put off a bit as she and Oswald worked to get Nomi off the boat and back onto soild land, but they were here all the same. Kanon looked at her map. It was a bit rough, but seemed about right for a port city, if her brief time in Slateport was anything to go by.

"You probably feel a bit more at home in this kind of setting, don't you?" Kanon couldn't help but comment to Oswald. There were definintely bigger cities, but this whole big-city buzz feeling still made her skin crawl.

"Oh yeah...the world is bigger."

Nomi didn't seem to mind, though.

"That's right. The world is really, really big. We might as well figure out what we're doing in this little slice of it." Nudging Oswald with her elbow, Kanon added "Counting on you here, city boy."

a8cPQwE.png

The ride to the next city had settled down as the boat continued on its track. Looking at the horizon, as it came into view, Jacklyn couldn't  help but be in awe. Taking her camera out, the girl took a picture of the view as the city came into view. Looking at it once over, the girl smiled before pocketing her camera away. As they made touchdown on the docks, Jacklyn took in a nice deep breath before going downstairs. "Alright lazybones, it's time to get a move on." Grabbing Belle, the girl hoisted her off the couch to her feet and had to start dragging her along. As she made her way off the ship, she looked to the trio they were leaving behind and waved saying, "nice meeting you guys. Hope we see you on the road again. And uh," she looked to Naomi, then back to Belle, then to Oswald and Kanon saying, "good luck with yours." 

Dragging the girl off the boat, the adventuring team had entered the city proper. With her eyes wide and sparkling, Jacklyn turned back to the others of her team and said, "you see this guys, we're here! We're finally in a new region! Well, I guess we always were, but now we're here in one proper!" With more enthusiasm in her voice she said, "and when you're in a new city, the first thing to go do is shopping!" Pumping her fist into the air, the girl pointed forward saying, "let's see what they have!" 

QXPrjQp.png

They had to wait a bit to exit the ferry, as Naomi wouldn't budge when they got into harbor.  There wasn't much the two could do about it, so instead they watched the first group shove off onto main land.  After a while, Naomi woke up, and the three of them finally made it off of the boat.  Oswald stretched, the feeling of being on dry land was nice, even if they had just been on the boat for a couple of hours.  The place was named Skrelp Harbor.  Seeing as to why, he turned to see a net picking up a large cluster of Skrelp.  What the town planned on doing with the poor little Pokemon, Oswald didn't want to know.  But at the same time...

"You probably feel a bit more at home in this kind of setting, don't you?"

Oswald looked around the busy town, laughing a bit at Kanon's words.

"It's way less crowded than Goldenrod, but I'm sure we'll manage."  He looked to the lighthouse, which was in a disastrous state of disrepair.  Looking at it reminded him of Johto, and the Olivine Lighthouse that resided within.  Even though there were odd gaps in the floor, it didn't look as decrepit as this one.  

"Oh yeah...the world is bigger."

"That's right. The world is really, really big. We might as well figure out what we're doing in this little slice of it." Kanon nudged Oswald with her elbow. "Counting on you here, city boy."

"Geez...putting so much responsibility on me?  Guess I have no choice, huh?"  He said, smiling.  "I guess we should do what we always do, and explore the city.  I really want to know what they're doing with the Skrelp here."  He paused, looking at the crane again.  "You guys can come with, if you want.  Probably not the most exciting."  

ZA2NV7M.png

"That's right. The world is really, really big. We might as well figure out what we're doing in this little slice of it."

Naomi gave this some thought. Then came up with "We adventure...right?"

"I guess we should do what we always do, and explore the city.  I really want to know what they're doing with the Skrelp here."

The name Skrelp sounded familiar to Naomi. She had seen one of those before right? She looked around to where the boy was gesturing and saw the net full of them. "Huh, that's weird. A netfull'veDragons." Naomi instinctively went to pet Princess then realized she wasn't out of her ball yet.

"Hm. Guess putting her above water isn't a good idea?" She asked the other two. She wasn't really sure.

She idly followed behind Oswald as they approached the crane. A couple of the workers there saw them approach and one of them went up to them. "Whoa there kids, don't get too close, don't want any accidents." He glanced back. "Did you need anything?"

Once asked about the Skrelp he'd laugh. "Not from around here eh? Well you see these buggers love this area. Guess their food is plentiful or somethin. I don't really know. Either way they start to gather and it can make it hard for the ships to come in. Dangerous even. So we gather em up and dump em off farther away."