Jolly Glot

[DP23] One for every one of Yu's (well, other than Yusaku~)

Get your game on with GX-themed support in  DP23!

IMG_20191007_024843.jpg?resize=300%2C216

DP23-JP014 Generation Next
Quick-Play

You can only activate one card with this card’s name per turn.
1. If your LP are lower than your opponent’s: Choose 1 “Elemental HERO” monster, “Kuriboh” Monster, or “Neo-Spacian” monster whose ATK is equal to or lower than the difference in LP between you and your opponent from your Deck or Graveyard, and add it to your Hand or Special Summon it, but you cannot activate its effect or the effects of cards with the same name this turn.

This card features art from the opening animation of the Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Anime!

The support of Dark Magic continues in the upcoming Duelist Pack!
IMG_20191007_022026.jpg?resize=300%2C216

DP23-JP004 Kuromajutsu no higi* / Dark Magic Secrets
Quick-play Spell

Select and activate 1 of the following effect(s):
-Fusion Summon 1 Fusion Monster from your Extra Deck using monsters you control or in your hand, including at least 1 “Dark Magician” or “Dark Magician Girl”, as fusion materials.
-Ritual Summon 1 Ritual Monster from your hand by tributing monster(s) you control or in your hand, including at least 1 “Dark Magician” or “Dark Magician Girl”, whose combined levels are greater than or equal to the level of the Ritual Monster.

*Literally “Secret Art(s)” but the naming convention in English has been “Dark Magic [single word]” so far.

Make a Clear Mind card with Endoh’s face in it already, you cowards.

EGQq98jUUAATFk2.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

Synchro Chase
Continuous Spell Card

You can only use the (1) effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If you Synchro Summon a “Warrior”, “Synchron” or “Stardust” Synchro monster: You can target 1 of the materials used for that Synchro Summon in your GY; Special Summon it in Defense Position.
(2) Your opponent cannot activate cards or effects in response to the activation of the effects of your Synchro Monsters whose Original names include “Warrior”, “Synchron” or “Stardust”.

They are cosplaying each other now.

EGQrzh6U4AAEC6d.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

Zubababanchou – Gagaga Coat
EARTH/Warrior

Level 4
1800/100

You can only use the (1) and (2) effects of this card’s name once per turn.
(1) If you control a “Zubaba” or “Gagaga” monster except “Zubababanchou – Gagaga Coat”: You can Special Summon this card from your hand.
(2) You can target 1 “Gogogo” or “Dododo” monster in your GY; Special Summon it, but for the rest of this turn, you cannot Special Summon monsters from the Extra Deck, except Xyz Monsters.

TL note: a “banchou” is the name for the leader of a bunch of delinquents.

Need a second “Pendulum” Summon? No problem!

EGQtMIZVUAAsW62.jpg?resize=300%2C216&ssl

DP23-JP047 Entermate Pop-Up (Performapal Pop-Up)
Normal Spell Card

You can only activate 1 of this card’s name per turn.
(1) Send up to 3 cards from your hand to the GY; draw that many cards, then, if you have 2 cards in your Pendulum Zones, you can Special Summon “Performapal” monsters, “Magician” Pendulum Monsters, and/or “Odd-Eyes” monsters with different names and Levels between (exclusive) the Pendulum Scales of the cards in your Pendulum Zones up to number of cards you drew. If you do not Special Summon, you lose 1000 LP for each card in your hand.

Sources:

https://ygorganization.com/gameon/

https://ygorganization.com/neverrevealthese/

https://ygorganization.com/orthegungnirpunchinthetraintunnel/

https://ygorganization.com/genkoukeijiban/

https://ygorganization.com/pepegonnagiveittoya/

Edited by Jolly Glot

DM finally has its in-archetype Fusion spell, huh? That's nice. You still likely need a dragon to fuse with (maybe a Link?) but fixing up the unseachable Fusion Spell issue should help the deck overall, even as a 1-of.

I'll be honest, the thing that intrigues me most about Generation Next is the Kuriboh search/Summon.  If it sees any experimentation at all though, I could see it being used to Summon out Aqua Dolphin.

Gagaga coat isn't bad, but the rest feel like they lean too heavily into thematic flavor to the detriment of effectiveness.

Secrets is solid, if only because it's a searchable Fusion Spell for DM. Unlike that certain other fucker that shall not be named.

Generation Next's only use is to search Grandmole to be a dickhead with Nibiru and Kaiju. But at least it's a funny dub nod.

Synchro Chase is a great card, really pushes Accel Synchros. At least, going into Formula/Accel to then Synchro during opp's turn. Very solid card.

ZBBB - GC is solid as hell, its biggest issue being that it requires timing to use properly. Like Uni-Zombie, honestly. Onomatopaira is still a good card, and this works hand-in-hand with it, especially considering that Utopic Onomatopoeia exists.

Pop-Up is potentially the nuuuts. Going first, it's usually going to be a -1 that gets you to the Electrumite. After that, it's smooth sailing, and there is the potential for grave set-up as well, with cards like Destrudo.

I was wondering when they were going to make a good Zubaba now we have a good Onomatopaira target in that department... But, it forces you to run the other Onomatopaira targets outside of Gagaga and Zubaba since this would count as both categories: Gagaga and Zubaba. At least it does something for the rest though. It ties down the theme better than the rest.

1 minute ago, BGMキャノン said:

I was wondering when they were going to make a good Zubaba now we have a good Onomatopaira target in that department... But, it forces you to run the other Onomatopaira targets outside of Gagaga and Zubaba since this would count as both categories: Gagaga and Zubaba. At least it does something for the rest though. It ties down the theme better than the rest.

That's not how it works, though?

Official Rulings say you can add 2 Utopic Onomatopeia, one counting as a Gagaga and one as a Gogogo, to your hand with Onomatopaira. No reason you can't add this + Gagaga, this + Zubaba, or this + this.

3 minutes ago, Blake Eagle said:

That's not how it works, though?

Official Rulings say you can add 2 Utopic Onomatopeia, one counting as a Gagaga and one as a Gogogo, to your hand with Onomatopaira. No reason you can't add this + Gagaga, this + Zubaba, or this + this.

Ohhh... Huh. Didn't know that. The more you know.

Edited by BGMキャノン

Was wondering what was so special about the DM Spell, then I noticed it's Quick-Play plus gets DM support, cool stuff, looks really good.
Unsure about Synchro Chase. Looks fine but it's the kind of cards that requires to be able to Synchro Summon the listed monsters to do the effect, and if you can't or are disrupted then it's dead weight.
Unless I'm missing something, Generation Next seems to me the worst of this set. IMO it would be a different matter if the effect of the monster could be used in the turn.
The remaining cards look solid enough to me.

Edited by Darj

Generation Next is a decent card when used with A HERO Lives as it can extend the combo by giving you a monster on field as Link Material where with the effect nullification best targets for having Attributes for Omni HERO's are Blazeman and Bubbleman.

Why didn't I get a card? :'(

Generation Next is a pretty neat card. More HERO support isn't really something we need, but it'd be rude to leave Jaden out and it's also Neo-Spacian support. So that's nice. Probably my favorite of the bunch.