Thar

Jackbox Games - NCM Meetup Thread

neojb.png

For those who don't know what these are, Jackbox games are a series of fun little party games where not everyone needs to own the game to play it. Only one person needs to own it and broadcast it on a live streaming service where everyone can watch and follow on. Players would then go to jackbox.tv on their browser or use the app on their device and put in a code shown by the host to jump in. From there, they would put in everything they need for the game.

The typical theme of these games is that everyone is given a prompt, and depending on the game, players would submit whatever is suitable (or not) for said prompt. The submissions are then displayed and everyone votes in such a way that's appropriate for the game.

Hoping to someday get a group together on Discord and play one of these games. I own the first 3 party packs, so there are plenty of options, but if need be I can also get the rest of them. Not sure what everyone's availability is or who all is even interested, but I think it'd be super fun.

List of Jackbox participants:

1. Thar
2. Lord Cowcow
3. DragonSage
4. radio414
5. Darj
6. Tormented

Invite link to Discord: https://discord.gg/QMYFU2g

Edited by Thar

Updated the OP with "the list." If anyone wants to get one started, let me or anyone else know.

Also, which method of streaming would work best? I know Discord can stream games, but that requires VC, which I know some people don't prefer but if needed you can just mute yourself. Also I might need to make a separate Discord for it as well.

8 hours ago, LordCowCow said:

If I don't have to do voice chat I think I'd like to try it out.

Reminds me of Board Game Online sessions.

That's fine, even though it's usually more fun that way

BGO was a good time, though it was a little... TOO ridiculous, if you ask me

Edited by Thar

2 hours ago, Tormented said:

me ?

Sweet, dude.

Alright, so if we can get 2 more people, we should have enough for a full party. Though we should be able to pull it off with what we have, and we could always have more.

On another note, I made a Discord server for this, so if anyone wants to join, feel free:

https://discord.gg/QMYFU2g

Edited by Thar

Reminder for those who haven't yet: Be sure to join the Discord if you showed interest. Once we have enough people, we can get a game going whenever everyone's available.

Oh I joined the discord and didn't realize there was a thread for it too. Oops.

much like radio, I don't think I can be there for every game but I'll be around for a game here and there

1 hour ago, REP said:

Oh I joined the discord and didn't realize there was a thread for it too. Oops.

much like radio, I don't think I can be there for every game but I'll be around for a game here and there

No worries, just let us know when you'd like to play and we'll work around that. Welcome aboard!