Skaia

Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [IC/PG-16]

"I mean, it is, but let's be honest. The kind of fear-mongering those cowards are spreading is bound to catch on," Raynor stated with a shrug. "Slowly but surely, people will turn on us, slowly pushing us into corners until there's nowhere else to run. I, for one, relish the challenge, but... well, it's not really your guys' problem, right? I guess what I'm tryin' to say if you want to stay outta this mess, then it's best for me to pack up and move on. Of course, if you want me to stay, then I will, but I don't want to drag you all into trouble you can easily stay out of, especially if you want no part in it."

"That's not the worst of it. They're going to be looking for us now. Of course, if it were just me, I could handle it but wouldn't want to get anyone else into more danger."

Leon shot Raynor's suggestion down as well, and Yue agreed with that decision. "W-We're not leaving you behind," she shook her head. "D-Didn't we go over this before? At the valley?" She looked at Rona then. "Leon's right. The Iron Falcons don't leave anybody behind." Yue wouldn't blame them if they left her behind for being such a timid, pathetic thing, but that was different. Neither Rona, Raynor, nor Edda was like that, so that wasn't even a possibility they had to worry about. "A-and if they go looking for us, then we just have to...have to...fight them," she muttered.

Yue still had trouble understanding how it mattered way over here that Rastarn was looking for them. When she had left home, she knew that even if her father had asked the other tribes to look for her, that didn't mean that they would. After all, they were different tribes, and he was only the ruler of one tribe, not all of them. And Rastarn and Enta were two different cities, as Anne had pointed out, so it should work the same here. Or was this an Aeoran thing?

Human beings really were too confusing.

Then Leon asked Edda where she was planning on going next.

"Um, well. Enta was just a stop. I was supposed to go from here to Yon'Lou. Probably a place called Sa- Sab...something. I was supposed to...well..." The girl didn't seem comfortable continuing her train of thought before she continued by bringing out a gem as well as an icon of a crystal dragon and a blue medallion. But Yue wasn't paying attention to that.

"W-were you going to Sabetchi?" the archer asked timidly. "I've been there before...it's...different." She didn't say anything more than that, wincing slightly.

Leon made his decision then, and while Yue didn't agree with it, she couldn't really argue with him either.

Alexis cupped her chin in one hand. "Yon'Lou huh? I heard a lot about the place but never had a chance to go there myself. Sounds like a fun time." She glanced over at Yue. "I'm sure a certain someone can guide us around handily, aren't you glad Yue's with us, Rona?" Alexis said. The wyvern rider looked confused but with a grunt nodded in agreement.

The archer blushed. "I-I haven't been everywhere there though. My tribe didn't move around like some of the others. L-Layne might be better for that." She poked her fingers together. "B-but if you need a guide around the woods, I-I could p-probably help."

--

Being told to go shopping didn't mean much to Yue. She wasn't the kind to go shopping, and she had no clue what she would buy. So instead, she just wandered the town in a haze of fear and confusion. Fear from all the people around her, though at least she didn't stand out as much in her Yonan garb here, seeing quite a few other Yonans around. Instead, she had a different problem. Many of the Yonans had the pale skin from Youduon, her home tribe, and every time they glanced her way she ducked out of sight. Not that many of them would recognize her at first glance, as she didn't have much presence, physical or otherwise, in the tribe. But it didn't hurt to be careful, either.

There were also a lot of Yonans that she thought might be from Sabetchi, but it was hard to tell, with their tendency to wear Aeoran clothes. And forget trying to figure out if any of them were from Tencheang or not. She did spot a couple of Balazeng tribesmen, which was pretty exciting, but she didn't approach any of them. While she had had a good relationship with her mentor who was from that tribe, that didn't mean that the others would like her as well.

There wasn't much that caught her eye, but Yue did grab a bag of dried berries to eat. It wasn't much, but she didn't need much either.

As she wandered, she eventually neared a bar where she could hear somebody talking about a boat. Perking her ears up at that, the girl edged closer, spotting Alexis entering as well. After going through the doorway, the archer stayed near the exit of the building, ready to flee if necessary. She didn't like being indoors, but Leon had said they would need to find a boat to Yon'Lou.

"No." He looked towards Raynor and Rona saying, "all of us are the Iron Falcons. Together. If you want to leave, then I won't stop you, but I'm not going to abandon any of you. Especially not for a reason like this," Ah, the captain had a bleeding heart. Bless his soul. "Falcons. Our mission has changed. We're going to find a boat to Yon'Lou and go there. We'll figure out what to do after that, but for now, this is our plan of action." Looking to everyone, thinking as if on an after thought, he said, "oh and feel free to shop around first. It'll probably be a long journey."

"Aye, aye, Captain," Raynor stated with a nod before mentally thinking about what they would need. He might need a new lance, seeing as only god knew how long they were going to be gone. That would mean they'd need more things... but something was was nagging at him. He was forgetting something very important, he knew it. He lead his mount down the road before it hit him. "Right! I need to get food for ya, Gojira! We're gonna be gone for awhile and the rest of your food's at home!" With this knowledge in mind, he headed to the market, hoping to find some cheap food.

“YOU DIDN’T KNOW SHE WAS MINE?” Susano’o’s rumbling bass thundered across the bar, and the crowd (made-up mostly of those who had escaped his initial wrath upon entering the establishment) shied away. “YOU THINK I’M STUPID?” It was a dumb question honestly. 

The brat across from him was known as Silt, and really, Susan was under the impression the kid thought everyone was stupid. Which wasn’t really surprising once you learned about him. His age was inscrutable; Silt had the face of a fifteen year old, the petty but playful attitude of an eighteen year old, and the hard eyes and far-reaching influence of one of the most powerful crime bosses in all of Enta. 

The only part that Susan knew was for sure true was the last. Which was what had brought him to the bar in the first place. 

“Golden ram on the front. Enough alcohol to bathe in below deck. Name painted on the side in huge giant letters, with MY ex’s name. “ Susano’o closed the distance between them. Up close Silt was just barely up to his chest. “Mind telling me how in the hell you didn’t know she was mine? AND WHERE THE FUCK YOU PUT HER WHILE YOU’RE AT IT?!”

With everyone else having left, it only left him and Rona now where they had started. Looking to Jouran he said, "indeed. It's for the best for us anyway, and it shouldn't be that hard to find a boat going to Yon'Lou here." Standing there, Leon hadn't said anymore, just having silence fill in between the two of them. After a bit of this, he started to feel awkward himself as they hadn't been doing anything in both the middle of a city and a crowded one at that. So, clearing his throat, the man said, "so, was there uh, anything you wanted to get while we're here? It's not every day we're in a city like this right? There's bound to be a bunch of stuff you uh, um, can't find anywhere else, right?" Leon had felt as though he sounded like a poor businessman just now, which only did its part to make him feel even more awkward about the situation.  

Silt didn't seem too bothered by the man approaching him, instead waving his hand as if to waft away the man's aggression. "My apologies Susan, I hadn't realized any of that. My men told me they had a new boat, they didn't specify who it belonged to. And I had someone who wanted a boat. And it seems that they had someone who wanted to buy a boat from them too. So really," the man sighed and shook his head, placing a hand to his chest, before reaching high and patting Susan on the shoulder. "I'm just as much a victim of circumstance as you are here." Casually walking away from the man, or quickly stepping if he had responded with aggression, Silt looked to the exit, seeing two new girls appear at the entrance. The two would notice that he would lock eyes with both of them, if only for a moment each, though he still had a smile on his face and gave a friendly wave. 

Pivoting back to face Susan he said, "as for who has it, well, I do have my honor as a businessman to uphold. And my customer's confidentiality is one thing that I can't put up for sale." Pondering for a moment he said, "though, I suppose the man who has it now is no longer my customer. Which means I didn't sell it to him. So, I can't possibly know who has it now." The man's tone was simultaneously joking and matter of fact. Seeming to have a revelation of sorts, he said, "oh, but I suppose I do have my job as an information broker too. And if you're asking for information from one of those, then I suppose you'd also need to pay along with it too right?" There was a brief pause before the man chuckled saying, "just joking, just joking. We're both victims here after all, right? So, to help you through such a time the only thing I ask you spend is your time as you wait for me to get such info."

Smiling still he said, "but, since talks are already on the line if you have any other business with me, please, by all means ask. Oh and ladies," he spoke to the Yonan and Aeoran girl at the entrance, "don't let this man keep you from having a drink if you came for one. He's much more docile then he appears."

Edda has still been stunned by Leon's statement that they would go to Yon'Lou. Immediately, the girl couldn't help but feel yet another wave of guilt wash over her, feeling - knowing - that this had been her fault. But, selfish as it was, she also had felt a small sense of relief along with the news. It had been a long time since her travels began, and she knew it was still far from over. The idea of  taking on that task, continuing on it alone was daunting to her. And after traveling with others, it also felt far too lonely to think of.  All the same, she hopped back into attention as everyone seemed to be getting ready to look around the town. 

She hadn't known where to go, or what to shop for to begin with. So, the girl figured she'd instead follow someone else on their shopping trip. The first was Leon and Rona, and though the girl didn't have anything against the company leader, she was still unsure of what to make of the Jouran girl. And they hadn't gotten off to the greatest of starts, and Edda still couldn't help but think the girl didn't like her. Then there was Yue and Alexis. She quite liked the Yonan girl, even if she had an interesting way of talking, and she knew it was proper manners to thank her for helping her remember the name of Sabetchi. But Alexis was another story. The girl was still wary of the Pegasus Knight, knowing that she should naturally hate her - and probably would hate her even more later. Not to mention she was pushy and had a way of making Edda talk that she didn't feel entirely comfortable with. So, all that had left was Raynor. 

From how he talked with the other girls and how Alexis talked about him and Anne, Edda couldn't help but wonder if he was one of those "philanderers" here caretaker had warned about. She was told that men like those were just no good to be around. But at the same time, he also just seemed nice and Edda still wasn't entirely sure what the word meant anyway. So, she followed after the man. 

The girl's eyes went wide as the duo and the mount entered a street covered littered with stalls selling all kinds of food. From more common place fruits and vegetables in Aeora to those only found in Yon'Lou. Similarly, there seemed to be meats of all kinds at the stands, ranging from general livestock to fish, to even some more exotic "monster meat" as it was referred to. The girl seemed overwhelmed and eager looking at everything, keeping herself at bay from actually eating anything, but diving at the first sign of free samples. This was more plentiful then the normal, though, as shopkeepers and street vendors alike eyed up the duo of Jourans and the Salamander, great interest and wonder in their eyes at the entirely foreign sight. After a few pushy salesmen trying to sell them things, though, Edda would just marvel saying, "man, they sure are lively here." Looking to Raynor, she pointed at his mount saying, "so uh...what do they normally eat, anyway?"  

Rona was fine with the silence. She was watching as people passed by, making sure none of them looked to be dangerous, and keeping close to Leon as they stood among the crowd. In fact when he broke the silence it gave the girl a start. Though she quickly laughed to cover the surprise on her face.

"so, was there uh, anything you wanted to get while we're here? It's not every day we're in a city like this right? There's bound to be a bunch of stuff you uh, um, can't find anywhere else, right?"

Rona looked blankly at the young man. What would she get? "My weapons are still in decent condition. We should have enough supplies. I don't think there's anything else we're in need of." Rona responded.

"Ah, I see.." The young man awkwardly rubbed the back of his head as he said, "but I more so meant things like, food that isn't just rations. Or clothes or, I don't know, anything you'd find interesting."

Something she found interesting? Rona didn't bother trying to hide her puzzled face. "I don't know." She answered honestly. She looked down at her body. "Is there a problem with my clothing?"

Leon looked to the girl, examining her for a moment though, seemingly examining her before seeming to realize something and quickly clearing his throat. "Well, no. Not particularly. It's just something I know people like to shop for in their spare time." Looking at his own clothes, he said, "though I suppose all of our clothing is getting a bit worn."

Rona idly tugged at her top, what little there was of it, and frowned. "Do you think I should get new clothes then?"

"Sure. I could probably use some myself, so let's go shopping for clothes."

The wyvern rider nodded. "Yes, commander...where does one buy clothes?"

The first thing that Alexis noticed when entering the bar was the shouting. A bull of a man was screaming about a boat to another, smaller, man. She thought she recognized the angry man and, when she noticed Yue come in behind her, pointed him out. "That's the guy who was fighting those bandits before yeah?"

It was then the one being yelled at noticed the two of them. He seemed to intentionally lock eyes on them which bothered Alexis. Eye contact was meant to start something between two people and from the looks of this man she didn't want that for either her or Yue. Still she just gazed back unflinchingly and let a smile cross her face as she heard him try and negotiate with the bull.

"don't let this man keep you from having a drink if you came for one. He's much more docile then he appears."

The man was bold. She could tell he was used to having control in any situation. Despite his absolutely bland appearance. With a shrug she started forward before pausing. She leaned towards Yue and whispered into the girl's ear. "Might be best to keep some distance in case he decides to throw someone again. I'm going to get a bit closer though, this looks too interesting to pass up."

Then she strode up towards the duo. "Oh, I wasn't worried. I just couldn't help but overhear you talking about boats. We're looking for a ride you see but if there's boat thieves going around then we wouldn't want to accidentally board stolen property."

Silt will chuckle saying, "a boat you say? Well, irate though he may be, Susan over here happens to be a wonderful sailor. And last I checked, without a crew, so I'm sure you two can talk about something." The man will pause for a moment before adding, "but if you're looking to set sail, time is of the essence."

Oh really then? This just got more interesting, just as she expected. "And why might that be?"

The man will put a hand to his chin saying, "oh? You don't know? Well, it seems that the government of Rastarn is looking for a fugitive of some sort. And they asked for compliance with Enta's government to start regulating and restricting travel. They have agreed thus far, though the Sky Knights are only now starting to be able to secure things in here."

It was worse than she had thought. They would have to get out of there quick or else risk running into a blockade. "Well, we certainly don't have anything to worry about there. Haven't been a fugitive once my whole life! Suppose we'll just have to get to our destination quicker than expected though." She glanced over at the one he had called Susan. "If we help get your boat back would you be interested in a few passengers?"

The trip to the marketplace was rather typical for Raynor, for the most part. The streets were full of all sorts of all sorts of food and people, and they all were in awe of the Salamander and his rider. Of course, why wouldn't they be? He was a legend in the making, and anyone could see that. Then again, it wasn't exactly typical, not with a pretty lady making the trip with him.

The new smells were exciting Gojira, who was taking several deep breaths to sort all the smells. Most people keep their distance, obviously scared of the giant reptile, but a few braver people, mostly children, approached slowly.

"Don't 'bout him, he don't bite," Raynor supplied as he leaned against his Salamander's side. Gojira let out a snort and shook his head a little. "He's just getting used to the new smells," He watched as Edda was also getting excited about the marketplace, which was really cute. She must not get out too much. 

"Man, they sure are lively here." Looking to Raynor, she pointed at his mount saying, "so uh...what do they normally eat, anyway?"  

"Salamanders? Well, they mostly eat meat," Raynor supplied as he reached down and patted Gojira's side. "Helps them grow big and strong," He paused, rubbing his chin. "However, Gojira here also has a bit of a sweet tooth. Got into mah mum's fruits once, and developed a taste for that. It... doesn't help him as much as meat, but, I use it as a treat for him," Gojira shook his head again, and began to move forward. "Ah, looks like he found a kind of meat he likes," Raynor commented as he hopped on Gojira's back, making sure he didn't go off into a full sprint. "Really need to stock up for the trip, ya know?" Gojira came to a stop in front of a stall, laying down in front of it. Taking a look, Raynor looked to see it sold mostly general livestock, which was good. "Yo, got any cheap meat?" He asked. "And, maybe some scraps you weren't gonna sell anyways?"

Edited by Saikazo

"That's the guy who was fighting those bandits before yeah?"

Yue nodded, but kept quiet. Listening to the conversation, the archer really couldn't understand this man. Or all those words he was using, like "customer confidentiality," or asking the other man to pay for information? Why would he need to pay money just for that? And didn't the guy's men sell off his boat, so didn't he owe him money? She didn't know much about these things, but it felt like, to her, the slimmer, smiling young man was in the wrong. Still, she didn't have the courage to just go up and say that. Something about the other man was scaring her, especially when he locked eyes with her. She quickly looked down, freaked out, but she freaked out even more when Alexis whispered in her ear.

"Might be best to keep some distance in case he decides to throw someone again. I'm going to get a bit closer though, this looks too interesting to pass up."

Yue agreed. She didn't want to be anywhere near that kind of scary violence. Hearing that Rastarn was looking for fugitives, though, made her freak out even more than she already was. She didn't know how Alexis was able to keep so calm about it. "S-S-S-Scary," she muttered, then perked up at hearing Alexis's question to the other man...Susanoo, she thought his name was. "U-Um yeah, that...what she said. W-We can h-h-help." She clammed up after that, staring down at the ground and shaking in place.

With things having been settled on, it seemed that Leon and Rona were going to go clothing shopping. However, as Rona asked her last question, Leon found himself unsure. The boy only had the clothes that he took with him when left home, and hadn't actually gotten anything since. And those clothes he hadn't actually gotten himself, generally only getting something because his parents thought the rags he wore were about to fall apart. As a result, he only knew about clothes shopping secondhandedly. Leon figured that the first thing to do when confused by something was to consult an expert on it, and thinking back to the group, he figured that Alexis was probably the most knowledgeable on these matters. Oddly, though, Leon couldn't help but feel a small sense of dread creep on him as this thought entered his brain. Perhaps it would be better not to tell her about this. 

After a very clear pause and moment of thought, Leon looked to Rona seeming equally unsure. "I'm sure there are shops dedicated to clothing somewhere around here. I suppose we should go take a look."

With that done, Leon and Rona made their way through town, seeing various shops of different trinkets, weapons and other such assorted goods. Eventually they had found themselves in a less open market area, a low hanging canopy over a still lively area. Everywhere there were stalls and stands set up, selling different articles of clothing and jewelry as far as the eye could see. There were very few in ways of simple and practical clothing, that the two were likely used to. All different kinds of suits and decorated uniforms, as well as some more ridiculous. There was also plenty of Yonan style clothing of all different varieties littered around, being sold as "exotic" and "foreign" clothing. The jewlery as well was of all different varieties, with various types of gems in them as well. Leon looked to Rona, overwhelmed himself and not really sure what to look for, especially for someone else, saying, "um. Anything catch your eye?" 

Edda listened intently as Raynor told her what his Salamander liked to eat. The girl nodded as it didn't seem to be anything specific, but seem to mull over something. He liked to eat meat and fruit. She also liked meat and fruit. Looking at the mount, the girl couldn't help but mutter, "maybe we really are alike." 

As Raynor approached the vendor, the man seemed to be Aeoran and was also wearing a ridiculously large chef's hat. Speaking with an accent that sounded entirely fake and not even sure what it was supposed to be, the man said, "Cheap Meat?! Non non, my customer. This meat is gooood meat. It is freeesh meat. It high quality! Cheap is bad to say. Undervalues delicacies! This is good meat at great price! And for you, customer of muuch value, I will throw in more for you! No cheap scraps. Complimentary scraps! And not even scraps. High quality....scraps." The man's accent broke at the last word, but seemed to smile brightly less than a second after. 

Susano’o stared at the girls. “You… help me… get my boat back…” he repeated their words very slowly to them. “How in the hell do you expect to do that? Do you even know who that yippy little jackass that just walked out is?” He snorted dismissively. “No offense to you Steel Chickens, but you guys are all minnows, and that brat’s a Great White. I don’t see how you all could help me at all.” 

He turned away and headed toward the bar. “If by some miracle from the Spirits you do find a way to get Yumi back, though, sure. I’ll take you wherever you gotta go. But you won’t,” he said over his shoulder as he walked away. 

Then he slouched onto a stool at the bar and slammed a stack of coins down. “Alcohol. Strongest you got." He knocked the first mug back in a single go. "Just keep 'em coming. I'll be lucky if I can even get drunk off piss water like that.”

Edited by Cheshire Toon

Alexis smirked at Yue. She could tell how hard that was for the girl to say but she said it nonetheless. Out of instinct Alexis put a hand on the archer's shoulder in an attempt to calm her somewhat.

The bull's response left a lot to be desired. She wondered what "Steel Chickens" could mean. Maybe it was some kind of slang that she hadn't heard of before. Alexis glanced over at Yue to see if she knew what it meant before shrugging. "I'll look forward to you eating your words big guy." she said to him.

Looking around she didn't really see much of interest. Nothing more than she could find at any old bar back home at least. But at least she got a hook for a potential vessel. One that came with a hint of adventure and exploration at that.  Adding on to this she couldn't help but notice Yue's discomfort. She wasn't sure why the girl had come here to begin with but it was clear that she wanted to be anywhere else right now.

Though it also looked like Yue was hesitating for some reason. Alexis thought she might make the decision for her and save Yue the trouble. "Hey, why don't we head out? Doesn't look like there's anything for us here. Not till we get big guy over there his boat."

She paused, then called out to him "Oi, what's its name anyway?"

After getting a response, or lack thereof, Alexis hooked a thumb towards the door and grinned at Yue. "Alright, seems we've got some searching to do. Got any idea where to start, lovely hunter from Yon'Lou?"

"um. Anything catch your eye?" 

Rona was entirely lost. She didn't even know where to start. It seemed that there were more choices than she had ever seen yet nothing looked like anything she was used to.

She picked up one outfit and gave it a confused look. She held it up towards Leon, "What is the purpose of this? All this would get caught on a saddle or an enemy's sword."

Leon looked at the outfit curiously as well saying, "I'm not entirely sure. You're right in that it doesn't seem very practical, but instead..." Leon put a hand to his chin as he said, "I guess it's more for show? Though, it's definitely more revealing then any dress clothing I've ever seen."

"Why would someone want to make a show of how they dress?" It was bizarre to her. Clothes was there to protect your body from the weather and make sure nothing got damaged. "Though it seems much better than that." She pointed at a dress over by another stall.

Leon looked at the dress, saying, "Well, for combat the other one is probably better. That one is better for more formal occasions and the like."

Rona nodded, understanding dawning on her, "So you think I should get the first one?"

"Eh?" Leon looked at the girl confused saying, "um, I don't know if that's really good for what we're looking for. Though I guess I don't know what we're looking for...Hmm." Leon looked at the two options of clothing, thinking more saying, "both would probably look good, but...hmmm...We should probably look for something else."

"This is a more complicated matter than I thought." Her gaze swept again through the various stalls. She had to find something that was battle ready. One particular outfit stood out after some searching. Her main concern was how much the heat would get to her in it. But, if Leon thought it would work...

She held it out to him. "What about this? It looks like the clothes of a fierce warrior."

Leon looked at the outfit, and back to Rona. Thinking on it for a moment he said, "I suppose it's similar to what you're currently wearing."

She wasn't sure of what the commander intended. "Is that...bad?"

He looked at the girl saying, "no, I don't think so. I've never thought what you wore was bad before, so it's probably fine."

Rona wasn't sure why but the statement caused her to smile. It wasn't as though it really meant much but a commander's approval was something she still was unused to. With an eager nod she turned on her heels and presented it to the merchant. "I will take this." She declared, with a hint of pride in her voice. She had done it. She had new bought clothes!

Susanoo didn't have much confidence in them getting his boat back, and Yue couldn't help but agree with him. Not if it meant going face to face with that scary man who had just walked out. The redhead seemed to agree with what she had said, calling him a "great white." It took a little bit to figure out what he meant till she remembered that there was a species of shark called that.

"If by some miracle from the Spirits you do find a way to get Yumi back, though, sure. I’ll take you wherever you gotta go. But you won’t."

Feeling a little dispirited at that, Yue let her shoulders slump. Alexis seemed to take that as a challenge though, but the archer couldn't see how that was possible.

"Hey, why don't we head out? Doesn't look like there's anything for us here. Not till we get big guy over there his boat. Alright, seems we've got some searching to do. Got any idea where to start, lovely hunter from Yon'Lou?"

"N-N-No," Yue stuttered, following the girl out of the bar. She took a quick look around, relaxing slightly when she didn't see anybody from her tribe nearby. "Not really. Maybe...near the sea?" she cringed. That sounded really obvious, now that she thought about it. "Um...maybe someplace secret...near the sea?"

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

"Cheap Meat?! Non non, my customer. This meat is gooood meat. It is freeesh meat. It high quality! Cheap is bad to say. Undervalues delicacies! This is good meat at great price! And for you, customer of muuch value, I will throw in more for you! No cheap scraps. Complimentary scraps! And not even scraps. High quality....scraps." The man's accent broke at the last word, but seemed to smile brightly less than a second after. 

"Well, that certainly is some boast there," Raynor said with a grin. "You say it with such confidence I have no choice but to believe you! Alright, lemme have...," He paused to think to himself. He wasn't sure for how long they'd be gone, but he didn't need to buy for the whole trip, only until they got to the next town. Although, he had no idea how much time that could take. Not to mention Cormag was there to, and he had no idea how much the wyvern ate.

Well, then again, Cormag was Rona's wyvern, and he doubted she would neglect to feed it. "15," He paused as Gojira nudged his side with its head. "20?" Another nudge. "No, 25 is too much, nice try boy," He turned back to the man. "20 pounds of meat, please!" He looked over his shoulder real quickly, looking for Edda. "Hey Edda! Do you need meat to?"

As Alexis and Yue made their way through the town, going towards the coast they would see that the market life wasn't any less busy. All around there seemed to be different stalls of all kind of seafood vendors milling about, everyone still trying to fervently sell their wares. In addition, they would see a multitude of ships that were all lined up of varying kinds. Some smaller, some larger, some seeming to come back from hauling in something from the sea. The crowds themselves seemed to differ from ship to ship, both in race and bearing, some seemingly more honest looking merchant folk and other seedier looking pirate types. Doing nothing to help aid their fears, they also saw a few men in red and silver armor milling about the area, seeming to talk to other people in front of the ships likely looking to begin some kind of inspection. 

After a bit of walking around, were they actually looking for Susanoo's ship they would find one that seemed to be a dead wringer for what the pirate hunter had yelled at Silt earlier. In spite of Yue's theory that it was a secret place on the water as well, it was actually very brazenly out in broad daylight. How Susanoo himself hadn't found it yet could only be explained either by a lack of effort on his part, or a lack of forethought on some god's. It would also become apparent, if it was not already so, that Silt was more likely than not just lying to the group about having to actually find out information on the boat. The young scoundrel was nowhere to be seen either. 

What was able to be seen, though, was that there was a large group of thuggish looking individuals who were all stationed around the boat. The men were all dressed in dark green clothing with a very tacky skull and tree insignia on them. They were also all armed. But for the most part, they seemed to be minding their own business simply looking the ship up and down as well as dissuade people from getting close. 

Leon smiled, seeing that Rona seemed to be happy with the clothing that she had bought. He wasn't an expert on this by any metric, both in terms of clothing shopping and doing things that weren't business related. And though he knew there was probably some value in finding things that weren't work to do, he just didn't have the first clue on how to approach it. So, he was glad he could at least help Rona figure out what to do here. Once the duo had gone and bought the clothing he said, "well, that was a nice change of pace. I wonder what everyone else is up to," the boy mused aloud. "Well, we should probably start finding them soon anyway." The boy's stomach then grumbled. Feeling less than dignified Leon said, "though, I suppose we can also find something to eat on the way too." 

Edda still seemed to be ruminating about Salamanders when she was suddenly taken off guard by Raynor's sudden question. Suddenly feeling hungry at the mention of food, she said, "yes!" While her voice was eager, she stopped for a moment. She could hear a sudden chastising in the back of her head. They were right too, she hadn't paid any of them yet, and she was still just adding burden after burden on to them. "Er, I mean. No! I don't need anything, at all. I'm perfectly fine!" Her tone came out way harsher then she intended as she also seemed to huff away. And as she did, her stomach growled again. 

Mouth quivering in embarrassment at this point, the girl did in fact want some food. But she had already been too eager and too harsh. She knew neither of these were the proper way to actually ask, and she had no idea how to recover, but she thought back. Thinking on it, she was sure this was the proper way. "Er, I mean. If you want. It's not like I want it or anything, but I'll eat some if there's spares." Edda had her back facing Raynor, and though he couldn't see the proud expression on the girl's face he could still see her nodding to herself. 

The shopkeeper, meanwhile, was ecstatic. "Twenty pounds! For sure! You get twenty, quality pounds! Thank you customer, thank you much much, fine quality customer. Do business here again yes?" 

As the guards continued to stand outside, keeping watch and checking all incoming carts and travelers. As they let in one cart, the duo currently there looked ahead to see that the next thing coming was just a singular man. Clad entirely in silver and golden armor and with a polearm at his side, the man strode towards the gate. As he reached it, one of the guards walked over to him saying, "excuse me, Sir. Could I have your name and business here." 

The man stopped, though he did not respond. 

"Um, Sir?" 

The man was silent. 

The guard stood there, similarly silent and awkward as the armored man did not seem to respond. He was sure that he was supposed to keep the man here and out until he answered, but there was something greatly unnerving about him. As the two continued to stalemate with each other, the other guard looked at him, eyes going wide with realization. "Oh, it's you. Wow, um we had heard you were coming and all but - I'm sorry it's just-"

The man still didn't respond.  

"Do you know this guy?" The first guard asked. 

The other guard looked at him like he was crazy, asking, "do you not?! Anyways, apologies Sir. Here just come on right through." The man did not respond yet again, though began their stride once more and walked through the gate. Letting out a sigh of relief, the man said, "that was close." 

"What was that all about?" Still confused, the guard simply went back to his post as the other one seemed to be catching his breath still.

Alexis noticed that she had put Yue on the spot. The girl didn't seem prepared to be asked, well, anything really. Honestly Alexis was mostly impressed at how nervously someone could say something that was such a safe bet. Right, they'd need to find somewhere by the water. You didn't exactly store a boat on land and, even if it was, they wouldn't be able to use it.

It was Yue's finishing statement that really caught Alexis's attention.

"Um...maybe someplace secret...near the sea?"

As soon as the girl uttered those words Alexis's eyes lit up. She looked at Yue with a big grin and a face aglow with happiness. "Secret? Sounds exciting. Come on, let's go check around." She then took Yue by the hand and led the girl out of the bar and towards the docks.

While she didn't keep hold the whole way Alexis made sure to stay near Yue as they made their way through the busy market, not wanting to get separated. She gazed around the docks with a small amount of wonder. "Wow, just imagine where all these ships have been...if only I had time to ask their captains."

She noticed the armored folk but wasn't too nervous. Neither of them were Jouran and there was no way the soldiers had already reported the previous fight to those here.

"Wait. No way." Alexis muttered as she saw...that. She didn't have much information to go on but right there, in the open, was what had to have been the bull's vessel. "I think...the good captain may have been drunk off his rocker." Alexis said.

She saw the people milling about, not looking suspicious at ALL of course, and nodded towards them. "I don't think the bull mentioned a crew. Methinks they might be up to something. Why don't I go check it out?" She winked at Yue. "Be sure to cover me."

Alexis then headed over to them, strolling casually, keeping her hand from the lance slung across her back. "Hey there, what's the hubbub about?"

The man looked the girl up and down, giving his best try at a scowl at her and saying, "it's our boat. We're doing boat things, with our boat."

Now that just didn't sound right. "Oh, really? Strange, was pretty sure this boat was owned to that big man back at the bar. Huge guy, mane of hair, throws people around like they're sacks of potatoes. You his crew?"

"Yeah our boss is huge and all! So huge he owns a boat now!" The man proudly gestured towards the boat, though still faced Alexis saying, "you can bask in the glory of our boat all you want, but from a distance girlie. This boat stuff is Skeletree business, got it?"

"Now? So who owned this boat before? Must've cost a lot to get something like this." Alexis said, looking it up and down and giving a low whistle.

"Who cares who owned the boat before? Probably the guy the boss bought it from? That's how boat buying works around here. After all," the man turned around and looked at the boat. He paused for a moment, staring blankly for a moment and gulping. Turning back to the girl, unnerved he said, "well anyway, it's our boat now. What's it to you anyway?"

"Well, it's the strangest thing. We were asked to check on a boat exactly like this. That a man who certainly isn't part of a group as...colorful as you owns. He's supposed to take my group somewhere and, well, we can't really go anywhere if his boat is being held up somehow."

"That so? Damn shame. Hope you and that man find the boat you're looking for. Not this one. This is our boat. And we Skeletrees don't take no passengers. Except ourselves." The man seemed to be far more dismissive of Alexis now, hurrying his words and trying to shoo her away.

"Right, right, suppose I should go grab the captain and bring him here, see if seeing this boat jogs any memories of what could have happened to his own. "

The man let out a nervous chuckle, saying, "that's right, ya should scram. Get out of here. No need to bring anyone else here too. None. At all. Ya should go look at other boats instead. Cause this one right here, jogs no memories for anyone. Except us. Because it's ours. Yeah." As the man started to get more flustered, more of his fellow crewmates looked over now towards Alexis, and some began to approach.

Alexis gave those approaching a friendly wave. "Ah, no, I think this one he'll really want to see. He's not far so I'll be sure to grab him quick." She started to back away but kept an eye on them.

As Alexis began to back away, two more of the thuggish looking individuals walked up. One of them looked to her, and then the first person she was talking to say, "is she giving you trouble, Tars?" The flighty man, Tars, looked over to the new guy saying, "you better believe she is, Rass. She keeps asking about the boat and who owned it before."

Rass raised an eyebrow, looking Alexis up and down, saying, "that so? Well, if you're so curious about our boat, then why don't we go and give you a tour of it."

Alexis's smile grew wide and she casually adjusted her stance so her hand was nearer to her lance. "Well, aren't you a gentleman. I might have to take you up on that offer. After all I'm sure someone can grab that bull of a captain without me."

"well, that was a nice change of pace. I wonder what everyone else is up to,"

Right, the others. Rona had almost forgotten about them. She felt oddly pleasant as they went about buying clothing for the two of them. A strange relaxation that Rona couldn't quite describe. If she had to put a word to it she'd have to call it...peaceful.

Though she felt ashamed that the others slipped her mind. "Ah, yes, we should gather the rest. They must be so lost without us, haha!"

"though, I suppose we can also find something to eat on the way too." 

Rona smiled at this and nodded. "Aye, let's get something to eat. Erm...what would you like to eat, commander?" She looked around, unsure where to go for food. She was used to just eating from their supplies so the idea of going somewhere to get food in the moment felt unusual.

Leon thought on it for a moment saying, "I don't know. And with as unusual as everything else has been in this town, I don't think I'll find much familiar." Shrugging he said, "but let's look anyway." As the duo started to hunt for food, Leon looked at one of the first things they passed by. It was a stall selling kebabs of squid and various vegetables. "Can't say I've ever tried this. Want to?"

Rona was starting to wonder about Leon's constant asking for her opinion. At first it confused her but she was starting to work out a theory that he simply liked to be agreed with. Which Rona was more than ready to do. "Yes, sounds like a plan." Rona approached the stall and got two kebabs for herself, neither with vegetables, and started to eat before hesitating. "Ah, sorry, I should wait for you to get yours."

"Hm?" Leon waved the girl's concerns off saying, "don't feel like you have to wait for me. Especially if you're hungry." Leon looked at the different kebabs for awhile, seeming to ruminate far more than necessary on which to pick out. After a bit though, he picked up two himself, before biting into them. His neutral expression didn't seem to change much, asking, "what do you think about them?"

Rona contemplated what he asked. Was there an answer he was looking for? But, no, he didn't make it so he had no reason to care. "Meat from the sea is much different than from the land." She decided. She took another bite. "But I think it's...good."

"That's true. This is much different than bear." Eating more of it, the boy nodded saying, "it's definitely unique. But if we're ever in a market like this, we should get more."

"I'll remember that, and keep my eyes open. I wonder if wyverns like fish...." She gazed at the food again and decided to get another kebab for Cormag. She looked up and saw the wyvern, who had been following them from roof to roof as they went about their day, and beckoned him down.

He landed with a large gust of wind, startling those nearby, and Rona held the food out to him. He took it so hastily that the girl had to pull back to avoid him eating the stick as well. "He's smiling." Rona noted. Though the wyvern didn't seem to have changed expression one bit.

Yue was relieved to see that the boat was actually in plain sight! Or at least there was a boat with the same name as it in plain sight, anyway, which probably meant that it was the boat they were looking for...right?

That was good, but what wasn't so good was that Alexis was there with her. She had even taken her by the hand when they left the bar, which the archer had been briefly flustered by before calming down. What kind of person just grabbed another person like that?! Said girl was currently looking around at all the ships, looking impressed. Yue was also impressed, but there was also something scary about boats. She couldn't understand why anybody would willingly ride one. What if it sank or something when you were on it? Didn't they worry about that?!

"Wait. No way." Alexis muttered as she saw what Yue had. "I think...the good captain may have been drunk off his rocker." Alexis said. "I don't think the bull mentioned a crew. Methinks they might be up to something. Why don't I go check it out?" She winked at Yue. "Be sure to cover me."

"W-Wait. Maybe we should just get the others first--" but the other had already left. Wanting to scream in fear and frustration, Yue paused for a few minutes to just stare at the ground as she had a miniature panic attack. What should I do what should I do this isn't good this is very bad but what should I do?! Eventually, though, she had managed to calm down, though a few passersby had shot her concerned looks.

"Ah, no, I think this one he'll really want to see. He's not far so I'll be sure to grab him quick."

Yes, that was a good idea. A very good idea! But it was also a good idea to grab the others too. Why Alexis had just charged in like this, Yue really couldn't understand. Except it looked like somebody wanted to give her a tour of the boat now. Which wasn't a good idea at all. Not when she had to go back and get her friends as well as that scary man with red hair.

"Well, aren't you a gentleman. I might have to take you up on that offer. After all I'm sure someone can grab that bull of a captain without me."

What did that mean?! Why was she agreeing?! She needed to come back to the bar with Yue, right now! Did that mean Yue had to do it, and alone?! Oh no no no no no, that just wasn't possible. That man was way too scary for that.

The only issue is, she didn't know where any of the others were, but she did know where Susanoo was. And the sooner Alexis got some backup, the better. So, with a heavy heart, the archer fled the docks, making sure to be quiet at first, and then just running at full-speed once she had gotten out of eyesight of the scary men around the boat. She ran through the crowd, doing her best to not actually run into any of them, with mixed success. Thankfully, most of them were gracious about it, though one of them had stopped her and started babbling about how wonderful it was to see a Yonan here, and how he had never seen so many before coming to Enta, and on and on and on. Yue had stopped listening partway through, interrupting his speech with a "Sorry, I gotta go!" before hightailing it out of there.

Eventually, she made it back to the bar, where she hesitated in front of the door before walking in to see Susanoo still there. At that, she realized that there had been a large possibility that he might not have still been there, but he was...and looking even drunker than he had before if that was possible.

"Uh...umm..." Yue approached him and started mumbling. "Umm...Sir Susanoo..." she knew that she needed to get his attention somehow, or he'd probably just ignore her. So, gritting her teeth and closing her eyes, she decided to shout--though what was a shout for her was just normal volume for anybody else. "I saw your boat at the harbor! There are some bad men there too!"

"Yes!" The pure eagerness in her voice was enough to make Raynor smile some and let out a laugh. "Er, I mean. No! I don't need anything, at all. I'm perfectly fine!" However her growling stomach gave her away. "Er, I mean. If you want. It's not like I want it or anything, but I'll eat some if there's spares." Edda had begin to nod to herself, making Raynor chuckle just a bit.

The shopkeeper, meanwhile, was ecstatic. "Twenty pounds! For sure! You get twenty, quality pounds! Thank you customer, thank you much much, fine quality customer. Do business here again yes?"  Raynor smiled and nodded as he passed coin with the man.

"When I come back around, you'll be the first I give business to!" He claimed with a wide grin. Now that the food was in his grasp, he packed it up, tying it onto the back of Gojira's saddle, leading the Salamander to Edda. "Here, we got a spare right here, miss," He said with a smile, spinning the leg of... some sort of creature in his hand before presenting it to her. With his other hand, he grabbed another leg, taking a bite out of it. "Mmm... the guy was right, this is good meat!" He said as he took another bite. Really, shopping was the best idea he had in awhile.

As Alexis had made agreed to the offer, the newer man said, "right. I'm sure someone can. Now follow along." With that, he lead the girl to the boat proper, the other people looking confused but still going about their business. It was starting to become clear, now closer to it, that the people were seemingly loading up the boat and trying to set up to set sail. Once lead onto the boat proper, there was a man standing there, who seemed to be directing everyone else around. The man wore a coat, with the same green as the other members of the gang they had found emblazoned with the same tacky logo and stood a bit taller than Alexis. As he turned around to face the girl, she would see that he was also clearly older than her - likely in his early 30s - as well as solidly built. The grizzled man looked to her, and then the man who brought her with a curious expression. "New recruit?"

"Not quite boss. The wench was asking about our boat. Said she was sent to find it by the captain of the previous boat."

"That so?" The man looked Alexis up and down, before looking back at her face, still neutral in expression. "He ain't got a crew and I don't imagine he'd hire a girl like you to go find his boat. So, why are you trying to stir up trouble here Miss?" 

Leon hadn't been very conscious of the wyvern during their shopping trip, but was glad to see that Cormag was still close by. As Rona had given the seafood to the wyvern, Leon couldn't help but smile as the rider and her mount seemed to be enjoying themselves. Leon briefly thought that, with them going to sea soon, that it might not be a bad idea to get fishing equipment. This was, however, stopped immediately as he realized that neither he nor, likely, Rona knew how to fish. And he especially clueless on how to prepare fish. And so he kept that idea to himself, instead saying, "well, then it's settled. Next time we end up in a port village, we'll look for more fish."

The trio sampling other foods while  some of the townsfolk were looking at Cormag with awe. Either the would ask to pet him were he to stay on ground or just point at him, trying to figure out where the creature came from if it was on the rooftops. Looking around, Leon said, "I'm glad that Cormag is able to move freely around here. It's not every town that welcomes him like this. Maybe they'd even sell him some clothes too," the boy joked. Looking up to the air, the boy thought about their upcoming trip, wondering what a voyage at sea like this was going to be like. "Well, I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to fly above the sea too. Do you need anything else to pass the time? While we're on the boat, that is. It'll probably be a long time so," Leon shrugged. It wasn't as though he had any hobbies or games he could think to play either. 

Edda had kept her back towards Raynor, trying to keep her stance stable and expression ready to harrumph at a moment's notice, but perked up as she was told there was spare meat. Without even trying to hide anything, the girl grabbed the leg from Raynor's hand and started to devour it without a moments hesitation. "Mmmm," the girl seemed very pleased as she ate the meat. It didn't take very long for her to get through it, letting out a happy sigh when she was done saying, "I haven't had something that good in awhile..." The girl then realized the display that she had just put in front of Raynor, and also realized something else. It wouldn't do not to show her thanks, but feeling a flush of embarrassment go through her she said, "um, thanks for the food." The girl continued to walk alongside Raynor as they made their way through town. 

Alexis let out a whistle as she looked around the ship. It was an impressive one that's for sure. Kind of shocking that the lone captain back at the bar managed it without a crew. Though, maybe that's why he agreed to help them if they found it. What was less impressive, in Alexis's eyes, were the people aboard it now. Though she assumed some might find their green getups, all matching, somewhat unnerving.

"He ain't got a crew and I don't imagine he'd hire a girl like you to go find his boat. So, why are you trying to stir up trouble here Miss?" 

The girl smirked and shrugged her shoulders. "You can ask him about why he sent me, I'm sure he'd love to see you face to face. In any case it's as I told your charming man there. Supposed to get a trip outta here and can't really do that when they guy whose supposed to take me doesn't have a ship."

"Well, you're outta luck there, lass." The man gruffly replied. "You'd be better off finding another captain than that walking pile of booze and hair. Besides, not my fault he don't got no ship no more."

"From what I hear not much time to find somebody willing to help out what with the going ons. But if you're not at fault, who is?"

"His. What kind of dumbass loses his own ship?" He waved the girl's concerns off and said, "and for that, well, seems you just weren't born with any luck."

"I dunno," Alexis said, tapping her foot against the deck, "pretty lucky of me to find you before you left. Seems you're in a hurry after all."

"Aye, we are. Enta's no place to be a pirate right now. Gotta get while the getting's good." He raised an eyebrow to the girl saying, "but, we don't take strays with us. So, whatcha gonna do about it, stray?"

"Me? Oh, that's easy. I don't plan on getting off this ship. So you can just go about your business and I'll wait right here until you're done." Alexis said with a smile.

The man let out a gruff chuckle and said, "alright." He looked over to one of the other bandits and said, "take her over to the side of the boat and keep a close eye on her." He looked back to Alexis and finished, "I hope you know how to swim stray."

"Of course I do. But I don't really feeling like taking a dip today." With that Alexis gave a whistle. And from high in the sky Tana let out a whinny as it flew down, bowling over the bandit that was making his way towards Alexis, and landed next to its rider. "Atta girl." Alexis said and climbed on top of the pegasus.

Brandishing her lance she called out. "I'm not about to let a buncha soggy bottom dwellers like you lot tell me what to do. Why don't you just give up before I stick this thing where the sun don't shine? Which, looking at some of your pasty faces, is probably lots of places."

"I'm glad that Cormag is able to move freely around here. It's not every town that welcomes him like this. Maybe they'd even sell him some clothes too,"

Rona gave Leon a brief confused look before looking over at Cormag. Imagining him wearing that orange dress that they had found earlier. A short, rough, laugh escaped her lips. "I wonder if he'd like a new saddle." She said, looking at the battered old one that she had been using until then. She didn't know Cormag's tastes though and she wasn't sure she could convince any shopkeep to let him into their store to try them on.

"Well, I'm sure he'll have plenty of time to fly above the sea too. Do you need anything else to pass the time? While we're on the boat, that is. It'll probably be a long time so,"

Pass the time...The statement brought to mind days in the army. What had soldiers done to pass the time then? There was a lot of gambling. Fighting. A dangerous game involving a poisonous snake and a knife. Telling stories, exploits in both battle and bed, and...pillaging. Often other soldiers, especially those of lower ranking, would end up in small towns along the way and occasionally they'd end up breaking things, attacking villagers, and worse.

Somehow Rona didn't think these were the types of things Leon meant. So she just gave a shrug. "I'm sure I'll find something. Er, unless you had a suggestion for something we could do, Commander."

Leon put a hand to his chin saying, "no, not really. I think some people play card games to spend the time, but outside of paper work and training I haven't really ever done much with my free time."

Rona stared at Leon for a moment. Really? He wasn't part of the army, here, right? It was a surprise to find out that the man had about as much experience with free time as her. "Yet, Alexis...ah, nevermind. In that case I suppose we shall just have to find a way to entertain ourselves while we're out there, right?"

"I suppose so. Maybe I'll finally learn how to play an instrument," Leon joked.

An instrument. Like the pegasus knight. She had to wonder if perhaps the Commander looked up to that girl. "Do you...ah, no, I shouldn't ask." Rona said, feeling suddenly awkward.

Leon looked curiously at the girl. "Hm? It's no trouble."

"Do you...wish you were more like...Alexis?"

Leon stopped in his tracks for a moment, seeming to take in the question. After a brief pause he said, "perhaps. I don't know for certain, but I suppose I admire a few of the things that she has that I don't."

"I don't think so!" Rona said, voice trailing off as she realized that she was disagreeing with her Commander. "Sorry, I shouldn't have raised my voice. A-anyway, you have plenty of things she doesn't, ahem...wonder where everyone went off to." She noted, changing the subject suddenly.

Susano’o turned to face Yue so slowly that, for a moment, it seemed as if he hadn’t heard her. He stared at her intently once he did. “Who the fuck are you?” he said after what seemed like an eternity. He didn’t have the slightest clue who the wisp of a girl shouting at him was; the absolute mountain of empty mugs beside him probably had something to do with it. 

“Whatever. Y’said… Y’said y’know ‘bout m’boat?” The captain lurched to his feet. Even drunk and unable to stand up straight he absolutely towered over the room. “At the harbor?” He laughed. “Those sneaky… sneaky bastards. Never woulda checked the harbor.” It took him almost a full minute to stumble through what he was trying to say.

“I’mma show ‘em bad men.” He adjusted his belt. Several axes clanked around noisily; the weapons were way too sharp for such an inebriated man to be handling, but the captain paid his sobriety no heed. “Go! L-lead the way girlie!”

"I'm...Yue..." Yue mumbled. "B-But that's not important right now! Your boat--Alexis is--!" her voice went back to audible levels as she started to panic.

Susanoo seemed to at least get the gist of what Yue was saying. Or at least the part about the boat. Lurching to his feet, the drunk laughed and started shouting about not knowing to check the harbor. Which didn't make sense to the archer, but then again, he looked...really drunk. And sounded drunk too.

"I’mma show ‘em bad men." He adjusted his belt, causing several axes to clank noisily. "Go! L-lead the way girlie!"

"Y-Yes!" Yue nodded, running out the door. While she wasn't really good at navigating her way through cities, it had been recent enough that she vaguely remembered the way back to the harbor. And when she forgot, she just needed to ask people. Which was a little more difficult than it sounded, but they were usually quick to tell her where to go, if only to get rid of the glowering man behind her.

Eventually, she caught sight of the harbor and the sea beyond, breathing a sigh of relief. Every time she had lost her way, it was just adding extra time till she was able to catch up with Alexis, who wasn't really a part of the Iron Falcons yet--or was she--but was still somebody important to Leon. And so, it wouldn't be good for her to get hurt or anything. Also, she thought, glancing nervously behind her. If I took too long, Susanoo might have just chopped me in half or something.

"Here!" she breathed, crouching over somewhat to catch her breath. She didn't think she needed to point out the ship to the man, but she did anyway. "There's your boat!"

The supposed boss of the gang let out a sigh as his men were bowled over by the pegasus. Everyone else on the ship as well seemed to take notice, beginning to scramble around and started drawing their weapons out. The man simply raised one of his hands at which everyone, while still on edge, opted to not get closer to the duo. "Well Stray, I gotta say. When you came on board my ship and started questioning me like this, I thought you were just stupid. But now I see. You're stupid but you got guts. I can respect that. Still." The man took a step back, before pulling an axe that had been sheathed on his back, hiding behind the coat he wore. Pointing it towards Alexis, match her spear with his axe he said, "this is still my ship. And you just hurt one of my crew." The man thought about it for a moment, before saying, "so, you want this boat? Then you can go and take it from me and my man. Either leave and get your captain to scrap for it, or test your luck with me right here." In spite of his words, the other bandits seemed to start moving around and ready themselves with weapons. 

Leon was caught off guard by Rona's sudden shouting, only saying, "no, no. It's fine, really. Thanks." Leon couldn't help but smile at her comment with how genuine it sounded, even if he himself was not so sure. She was stronger than him, more passionate, could do more things and always looked to do something new. Even if she was  a bit of a drifter he couldn't really say anything differently about himself. Even if not all of her was...something to look up to, Leon couldn't think of what he had over her. All the same, as Rona had asked about the others, Leon cleared his throat and got out of his own head. "Yeah. Same." As the two had looked around, Leon eventually spotted two familiar figures. 

Pointing at them, Leon said, "oh, hey, there's Yue and..." Leon's face became visibly disgusted as he saw the man with her. "Oh...him." Leon was a bit on guard, though it seemed like Yue was more leading him then other way around. Walking over, to the two Leon said, "I uh, I can't say I was expecting to see this." Leon fumbled a bit as he was doing a rather poor job at keeping his disdain hidden in his tone. He looked towards Yue and looked towards where she had been pointing. Looking at the boat, then looking back at Susanoo, the boy sighed. "I take it you found his boat?" 

Susan wasn’t sure of a lot of things. He wasn’t really sure what direction North was at that exact moment; he also had very little idea who the slip of a girl in front of him, beckoning him through the crowd, actually was; truth be told he was drunk enough he wasn’t even sure what the name of the town he was in at the moment. Hell, he didn’t know who the prissy-looking man gesturing in his direction was, though he really felt the need to make fun of him. He did know one thing though.

“HEY!” His voice was deafening, rumbling up from his chest and devoid of any slur. “YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOIN’ ON MY BOAT?” The bounty hunter didn’t wait for an answer. He was already approaching the Yumi with massive strides. 

A bandit stepped in his way to intercept him before he could board. “‘’Ey! Whaddaya think yer doi--chrgh!” Susan grabbed the man by the throat and hurled him through the air, over the deck, and off into the sea.

“MY BOAT!”

"so, you want this boat? Then you can go and take it from me and my men. Either leave and get your captain to scrap for it, or test your luck with me right here."

Alexis kept her eyes on the boss of the group but she tried to keep as many of the others in sight as she could. This was a very bad idea she knew that. But...it was also so very exciting. Facing off against a pack of angry bandits for control of a ship that they intend to use to escape a blockade? What a story this will be! And what trouble could a few sea rats be right? One hand on Tana's reigns the other holding her lance to the side. "What do you know I think it's my lucky day. Come and try me I'll knock you louts around and clean your filth from this deck. Can't very well ride on such a filthy boat right? So who's first?"

She heard a scream suddenly and, looking to the side, she saw a body, one of the other bandits no doubt, soaring up into the air only to come crashing down onto the deck in between her and the leader. They both stared for a few moments.

"Okay....Who's second?" Alexis corrected herself. It looked like she wouldn't have to fight them off on her own for long after all.

"no, no. It's fine, really. Thanks."

Rona smiled. She didn't know why his words made her feel so pleasant. It wasn't as though he was giving her praise. Yet it felt nice all the same.

She almost panicked when she heard the disgusted tone in his voice. What he said hadn't been directed towards her but she instinctively began to wonder what she had done to upset him.

"I uh, I can't say I was expecting to see this."

Her gaze moved towards the actual reason for his shift in tone. Yue and...that drunkard creature. He didn't seem to be attacking Yue. Though she was ready for if he suddenly turned on her in a drunken rage. Instead his rage looked to be directed at another shady looking character. From the shouts she could only assume that the captain had lost his ship and wanted it back. So why was Yue with him? "That man didn't drag you here, did he?" She asked Yue. "Or did you willingly join with him...?"

Just then, above them, Cormag let out a roar and she reached for the axe at her side. The wyvern was angered by something. Which meant that someone they knew must be in danger on the ship. Now that she was looking she could see a familiar, large, winged, horse above the deck. Rona turned towards Leon. "Sir, shall I engage?"

Leon seemed speechless for a moment, before giving out a resigned sigh. Drawing out his own sword Leon simply affirmed with a, “let’s.”

As soon as she was given the order she raised her hand and Cormag came slamming down next to the two. Rona climbed onto his back and held a hand out. "If either of you want a ride, now's the time."

"I uh, I can't say I was expecting to see this."

Upon seeing Leon and Rona, Yue felt a tightness she hadn't realized was in her chest, start to loosen. She wasn't very good at doing things herself or knowing what to do. She had just been flailing around and hoping it'd do something. But now that these two were here, she felt that, no matter what happened, it would turn out all right in the end. That was probably what it meant to be a leader, or dependable, or something like that.

"I take it you found his boat?"

Yue nodded while at the same time, the man beside her burst out into an angry roar. One which sounded more like a large beast than the rooster which his hair reminded her of. “YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOIN’ ON MY BOAT?”

"Y-Yes," the archer replied, though by now, the two had probably figured that out from Susanoo's angry shouts and his following charge down into the pier.

"That man didn't drag you here, did he?" Rona asked. "Or did you willingly join with him...?"

Before Yue could answer, Cormag let out a roar which sounded remarkably similar to Susanoo's, but at the same time, more terrifying. Though maybe it was more terrifying that a person's roar could be compared to a wyvern's?

After getting permission from Leon to engage, the Jouran climbed onto her wyvern, holding a hand out. "If either of you want a ride, now's the time."

"U-U-U-U-Um!" Yue stammered. "R-R-R-R-R-Ride? W-W-With you? Now?" She blushed. Oh spirits, she couldn't handle this! Riding with Rona...she'd probably have a heart attack or something. Shaking her head furiously, the archer looked down at the cobblestones beneath her. "N-N-No, i-it's fine. You can r-ride with, umm, Leon." Just saying those words made her mouth taste bitter, but she really didn't think she could handle riding on the wyvern alongside Rona. Anybody else, yes, but not Rona.

Instead, the girl started to follow after Susanoo, taking her bow out at the same time and stringing it as she ran, something she had gotten better and better at doing since joining the Iron Falcons. As she ran, she realized that it was probably for the better that Leon rode with Rona. After all, he was a front-line fighter, so the sooner he got to the fight, the better. So...I really shouldn't be so upset! she thought, lip wobbling as her eyes teared up in frustration.

The bandits were dumbfounded as the man came sailing through the air onto the deck of the ship. The leader of the bandits just stared at the man as he groaned in pain, not really understanding what had just happened himself. Expressionless, he looked towards Alexis. "Well, seems like your captain came to get you. Lucky you." He then looked to all of the other bandits and then off the side of the boat. "Everyone! Seems like we've got some people who want to take our boat from us! Get your weapons ready and show them we're not afraid of a little violence!" He looked back to Alexis and motioned for everyone else to come in. The man who had been hurled onto the boat didn't seemed to be getting up as well but wasn't quite ready to fight yet. 

Leon looked towards both the archer and the wyvern rider, simply putting his hand up as if to say no. "I'm fine on foot. Besides," the boy looked towards the bandits that now seemed to have gotten over the initial shock of one of their comrades being flung into the sky. Now drawing their weapons, they seemed ready to converge on the Falcons and Susanoo. "Looks like we have enough problems here already." Leon stepped forward, his own sword drawn and ready to take them on. 

Edda, meanwhile, had stumbled upon the group. She had been meandering about the city thus far and had managed to accidentally find her way to the port. As fate would have it, she had also managed to come by where the Falcons were. And naturally, she had a perplexed and worried expression on her face as she saw that a brawl seemed ready to break out. All the same, she drew her own sword and cautiously approached the group, giving a wave if any of them looked over towards her.