Skaia

Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [IC/PG-16]

Rona gave Yue a confused look. "Have you caught a chill?" she asked. "You seem to be stammering. If you're sick you'd best stay out of the battle as best you can." Illness could bring down an army faster than a flesh and blood foe after all. And it seemed that Yue was having trouble even speaking let alone wielding her bow.

"Looks like we have enough problems here already."

Rona looked out at the approaching pirates and nodded. It seemed there were plenty of enemies here along. Perhaps she should not go onto the boat after all. If the others planned on staying and fighting here she didn't want to leave them to deal with things on their own.

"Looks like it...Maybe I should hold off on boarding until these louts are taken care of." Rona said. She glanced over at Leon. Trying to get some sort of sign of what he wanted her to do.

Leon looked over to Susanoo and then back to Rona. “That’s probably for the best. She’ll probably have some back up soon enough anyway.”

She gave a decisive nod. "Understood. This shouldn't take long."

Rona pressed her legs against Cormag and, with a roar, the wyvern sprung into the air. She guided him straight ahead, towards a cluster of three of the pirates, and barreled forward. The three seemed to be shocked by the large beast heading their way but quickly regained their senses just in time for Rona to reach them. The two in front swung their axes at Cormag. One of the attacks practically bounced off of the wyvern's thick scales. The other, heavier, swing risked injuring the mount but Rona brought her axe down to intercept. The downward force of the blow causing the pirate to stumble forward. Which allowed Rona to bring the second swing down on his neck.

Even as the blood sprayed Rona turned her attention to the two others, one a sword wielder, who began to circle around to either side of the Wyvern Rider.

Alexis let out a laugh. "He's not my captain. But I prefer him over you and your mangy crew that's for sure!" As the two nearest, including their boss, came for Alexis she whistled. And Tana took off almost straight up. Causing the two to miss her entirely. With a laugh she took off between the two, diving between them and having the swift pegasus turn around after passing them by. She darted forward like an arrow. The leader looked to be not caught off guard by her maneuver and ready to swing his axe at her so she went for the other who was still somewhat confused as to what she had done. Her lance buried itself into the man's shoulder blades and pinned him into the deck of the ship.

Alexis took note not to point that out to Susanoo when he got on board as she pulled the lance out and Tana turned to face the leader again.

He growled at her and came for her. Moving with practiced ease on the ship. Alexis could tell he know what he was doing, especially compared to the rest, but so did she. She thrust her lance as he approached and he ducked under it. He shoved his shoulder into the shaft of it and pushed it upwards. Alexis tried to push back down but they seemed well matched in strength.

As the man brought his axe in a horizontal arc Alexis whistled again and Tana reared back to avoid the attack. She then lashed out with her hooves as the leader backed away. Keeping crouched and ready to go for another swing.

Alexis out of the corner of her eye saw Susanoo near the ramp up to the ship and smirked. "It would be a shame to not let the captain have a go at the one who stole his ship. He's all yours!" She shouted to the man before taking back to the air. Tana let out a whinny of warning and Alexis steered her to the side just in time to dodge an arrow that one of the pirates had loosed. "Alright, so that's how it's gonna be." Alexis muttered.

There was an archer next to another axe wielder to that side of the ship. The other two were just axe users. She knew she wasn't in the best position but, if she had to choose, she'd rather take care of the archer now. "Okay Tana. We're going in. Be careful girl."

Spoiler

Okay so to clarify. Rona killed 8. 7 confirmed to have axe and 9 a sword.

Alexis killed 2 and is leaving boss for now (in part cause actually skilled and wielding an axe) and went to the right towards 4 (archer) and 5. The others besides 4 on the boat have axes.

"Have you caught a chill? You seem to be stammering. If you're sick you'd best stay out of the battle as best you can."

"N-N-No..." Oh spirits, this was so embarrassing! But Yue knew she needed to focus right now. They needed to save Alexis and get back the boat!

As the Jouran took off into the air, killing one of the enemies--she was so cool--Yue gulped and, despite her worried over Rona, ran forward instead of after the wyvern rider, aiming an arrow at one of the...what were they? Pirates? At one of the enemies in front of her. The man had already begun to run forward, but fell down with a gurgle as the girl shot him straight in the throat. It was so much easier to kill people than animals or monsters. Animals were innocent, monsters couldn't help being what they were, but people...people chose to be evil.

There was another person running for her now, and unfortunately he was too close to her now. Maybe I should've followed behind Rona after all... Yue shook her head. No! I have to prove I can do this! The girl took a hit from the slice of his axe with a wince, blood flowing freely from her shoulder. Even if this looks bad...I have to stay strong! I'll be just like Rona. "I-I'm not afraid of you!" she shouted, eyes tearing up slightly from fear and pain.

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

“Oh--OHOHO!” Susan bellowed a laugh as he stepped on the gangway of the Ulei Yumi. An arrow hit him in the back as he did; in his drunken state, he paid it no mind, but blood began to stain through the back of his shirt. “I found you Yumi! The… The bad men took you away from me, but don’t worry, yer not goin’ anywhere again. Not without ol’ Bull. Just you leave it to me.” As he was talking to his boat, a pirate from the docks ran up the gangway after him, weapon drawn. Susan caught the downswing of the man’s axe in his bare hand. Blood gushed down the blade but the giant still didn’t seem to feel it. “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YER DOIN’? I’M HAVIN’ A MOMENT!”

With his other hand he ripped an axe off his belt and, with one swing, relieved the pirate of his sword arm. It fell to the ground and rolled off the gangway. The pirate--with one huge kick from Susano’o--followed an instant later. Then the giant heard the girl with the flying chicken say something. He wasn’t sure what, but it caused him to notice the man who must have been the captain. “OI! YOU! WHAT ARE YOU DOIN’ ON MY BOAT?”

With the group having begun their offensive against the group of bandit pirates, they seemed to be doing a great job at all already thinning their numbers. While Rona had managed to pick off one of them, now flanked by two of them, one had opted to not deal with wyvern riding girl. Thinking she far above his pay grade, he instead went to deal with the archer, that being the pirate who ended up inflicting the axe wound into Yue. Seeing such a bandit make their way towards his fellow Falcon, Leon charged the man and slashed his blade across the pirate's back. Letting out a gasp of pain, the man started to double over before catching himself. Gripping onto his axe, he swung it backwards towards Leon. However, as the mercenary was already in close enough range, he simply shield bashed the man's elbow and forced the pirate's grip to open and his axe to uselessly clatter to the ground. With one final stab into the man's back, Leon pulled his blade out and let the body fall to the side. Seeing the wound on the archer's shoulder, Leon looked to Yue with concern saying, "are you alright?" 

Meanwhile, the pirate bandit nearest to Rona seemed to have his blade ready for the wyvern rider. With some manner of deftness, though nothing remarkable, the man managed to score a slash against the large torso of Cormag, only slightly injuring the wyvern, before making a follow up slash into the ankle of the rider to similar poor effectiveness. All the same, this bandit was a firm believer in the death by one thousand cuts and seemed to have no problems taking however many years it would for him to actually kill Rona and Cormag. 

The two bandits that Alexis bowled towards certainly seemed to be flustered by the fact that the pegasus knight was charging towards them. All the same, after regaining their composure and backing up a bit, they seemed ready to meet the girl head on. With an axe in hand for one of them and a bow in the other, they went to attack. The man with the axe went to swing at the large horse while the Archer had his sights set on the rider. With both of them attacking at once it was likely hard for Alexis to avoid entirely and neither of the attacks would be particularly light to take. 

The bandit leader motioned for the other two to go after her as he looked down the boat. "I don't know what you're talking about! This here, this boat here is mine! I've only had her for a week but I'm proud to set sail to the seas with her. So go find yourself another boat or bar to drown yourself in!" 

Edda, meanwhile, had run towards the other, being unable to attack any of the other pirates. Looking around the rest of the port, the girl saw that the bandits they were fight were not the only ones of this group. Or at least the only ones invested in this boat. She wasn't quite sure who was with group, but all the same it had seemed that their problems weren't quite over yet. 

The armored man strode throughout town still, garnering all matter of attention as he continued on his hunt. Most people parted to the side for him to allow for him to cross. Some had tried offering him goods of some kind but it had seemed as if he didn't pay them any mind. One of the more aggressive and ignorant salesman had tried to get in his way. Offering some kind of polish for the man's armor, the man still seemed uninterested. As the salesman had blocked his path, the armored man simply put his hand on the salesman's shoulder. Without breaking his stride and with little to no effort, the armored man shoved the salesman aside and into the crowd to his side. The crowd had gone silent after that, simply watching as the man continued his single minded hunt. 

Edited by Skaia

Rona could care less that she was getting several wounds. Her legs and, at one point her arm, were getting sliced by the pirate's reckless swordplay. It didn't matter to her. The wounds were shallow at best, only one was really bleeding, and she wouldn't be slowed down by something that small.

He went to attack again and Rona was ready to take another hit and counter with a heavier swing of her own. However Cormag had another idea in mind. As the pirate came in for a slash the wyvern let out a roar and slammed the side of his head into the pirate. With a yelp the man fell to his knees in an attempt to keep himself from falling flat on the ground. Which was his mistake as Rona wasted no time in bringing the axe down on the top of his skull.

Pulling the weapon out she heard a voice nearby that she vaguely recognized as Edda's. She felt energy flowing through her. Though more importantly Cormag was refreshed. She looked around and realized more were starting to approach. That, too, she didn't care much about. As long as she could clear out those nearby and carve a path for the rest to get into position by the boat then it would be fine.

So with a shout she steered Cormag towards the next closest pirate. The man had been running towards her but stumbled to a halt as she came flying towards him. Clearly having expected to attack her during the aftermath of her attack. He went for a swing that merely grazed the side of Cormag's thick hide before she brought her axe down onto his shoulder and cleaved a deep wound. It wasn't deep enough to kill outright but the sudden shock and loss of blood rendered the man helpless for a moment that she needed to finish him off.

"They drop like flies!" She called out behind her to the others.

Spoiler

Rona kilt 9, was Versed and kilt 12 afterwards.

"Yep, that's me. You're probably wondering how I ended up in this situation."

Alexis realized almost instantly the danger she was in. On one side an archer. On the other side an axe wielder. With her and her pegasus right in the middle. She knew she had to do it. It was that or retreat entirely and let the pirate boss and his flunkies have control of the boat. It still didn't make her feel any better about it.

She noticed that the axe wielder was trying to attack Tana. The thought sent anger through her as she realized that she couldn't let her pegasus be struck by such a heavy weapon. So, knowing Tana would be upset she went this way, Alexis made her pegasus rear up to avoid the attack from the axe.

However this let the archer place an arrow right into her side. Thankfully it didn't seem to hit anything vital but Alexis still gasped out as she felt the arrow pierce her side.

It hurt to hold her lance but she still darted towards the archer. "Shoulda took the chance to run!" She called out as she thrust her lance into the lightly armored bandit's chest. Pulling it out she quickly took note of the other pirates on the deck and saw them coming towards her. "Alright, shift position Tana, we gotta get them all where we can see em."

Spoiler

Alexis took an arrow to the side and killed 4. Then moving somewhere probably around the upper right "corner"

It hurt. It hurt so badly. But she had to grit her teeth and bear it. As she was thinking this, Leon had charged forward in defense, a quick exchange of blows that showed just how far above in skill the mercenary was. This was one of the many reasons she was proud to serve him. He quickly showed another reason when he gazed at her in concern, "are you alright?"

"Y-Yeah," Yue gasped out. "Thanks Leon." She glanced around, trembling slightly. There was only the one enemy nearby, but he didn't look very friendly. Not at all. And if she attacked him, she might get hit as well. Actually, it was pretty much a sure thing. And she wasn't sure she could survive that. And even if she did, she'd just force Leon to defend her again. She loved open spaces, but as an archer, she really was better off indoors.

So that meant she should stay behind somebody. But who? When in doubt, ask the leader. "Um, Leon, what's the plan?" she asked. Originally she had been going to follow behind Susanoo, but it didn't really look like he needed the help. "Do you want me to stay on land, or try to board the boat?" She knew Rona was supposed to be staying on this side, but Yue wasn't sure what she herself was supposed to be doing. For now, she would just stay where she was, though she tried to keep the others between her and the bad guys.

OOC

Spoiler

Yue waits. Unless there's an enemy that is in range to attack her, in which case, she'd try to get out of range of being attacked.

Susan was enraged by the bandit leader’s declaration. “Your boat? YOUR BOAT?” his eyes narrowed, and he shouted with enough force to turn his face red and send spittle flying. “Yer delusional! You dumb little prick! This here is the Ulei Yumi, and I’m never lettin’ another man take her away from me again for as long as I live!” His massive strides carried him onto the boat at a rapid pace. It seemed as if every stomp forward threatened to splint the deck of the ship, but it somehow held under his weight, probably used to supporting the captain of the vessel. 

He raised his bloodied axe as he closed the rest of the distance between himself and the leader. “I’ll put yer damn head on a pike!” he screamed as he swung his axe down, throwing all of his momentum into the blow.

Leon was glad to see that Yue was alright and looked to the two different battlegrounds as she had asked for directions. They were definitely starting to get swarmed on the ground, but given that only Alexis and Susanoo were on board the ship and he didn't know much about the enemy's numbers he figured that was more prudent. "Go aboard the ship. The three of us down here will hold for now." As if to punctuate that, Leon saw another of the bandit trying to march after Susanoo as he made his charge up the boat. Moving to intercept him, Leon charged the man and swung his sword at him. The bandit brought his blade up to guard against it, but was pushed back by the resulting momentum of Leon's attack. Following it up, Leon stepped back and swung his sword again in a vertical cut. However, stopping short the boy then flicked his wrist to bring his blade into a horizontal strike, catching the bandit flat footed. The sword biting into the man's side, Leon pulled his blade back before deftly thrusting it into the bandit's chest and felling him.

Edda stood near Rona, keeping to the wyvern rider as she seemed to be both in the most danger - that she could do something about - as well as ironically the safest to be around. This didn't prove to be a hundred percent true, though, as the bandits seemed to be converging on both of them. Two of the bandits went for Rona, both with an axe in tow. One had gone to swing its axe at Cormag and the other seemed to try and go for the cool guy move of jumping and swinging for the rider directly. He, however, was neither very graceful or skillful so even if it succeeded he was hardly likely to look like a cool guy. One packing a lance however didn't feel inclined to gang up on Rona quite like the others. Instead, he opted to attack the much less assuming Edda with his weapon.

Not the most agile of people, Edda instead opted to raise her arm to defend against the attack instead of trying to avoid it. The man seemed pleased with himself as his spear stabbed into her flesh, though his expression turned more confused as it didn't seem like he could actually push his lance any further in. Wincing in pain with a slight amount of blood coming from her wound, Edda pushed the blade away and swung her sword across the bandit's chest. The man stepped away from the attack, and Edda wasn't particularly strong to begin with so the resulting cut was only shallow. Still, Edda pulled her weapon back and seemed ready to continue fighting the bandit. 

The other bandits aboard the ship all seemed confused as Alexis had flown away. Not because she had retreated, but because she was now over the water and they were still on the ship. The trio of them looked to each other and seemed to be conversing to each other about this. Such things as, "what do we do?" and "can any of you fly?" were real questions that Alexis could hear being discussed. As it turned out, none of the bandits could actually fly. So they also wondered if they should go and help their boss out, but none of them seemed too eager to get between the two combatants. So they simply stood where they were and watched both Susanno and Alexis, waiting for their opportunity to strike. 

As Susanno had walked over to the bandit boss, the man shouted back saying, "well, then I guess I'm just gonna hafta change this boat's name. Since it's mine now." As Susanoo charged the boss, the man muttered, "fights like a bull." However, in spite of his large frame the man seemed to be quick enough on his feet. Stepping back and to the side, the axe swing went wide. To add to this, the bandit boss put both of his hands on his own axe and swung the blunt end of his axe into Susanoo's back, adding to Susanoo's own forward momentum from his failed swing. "Dumb as one too." The man pointed his axe towards red haired pirate hunter saying, "you can give up whenever." 

News of a brawl on the docks had started to spread throughout the city rather quickly, as it wasn't particularly hidden from public view. As a result, the various Sea and Sky knights that were stationed began to mobilize. Getting together in small groups, they started to make their way from whatever job they were doing to go and check out the current disruption to the public peace. One such group stopped in the middle of their preparations, though, as a silver armored figure approached them. All of them stopped what they were doing and looked at him agape. They as well looked to the group and stopped, silently. A moment passed and the group seemed to realize that he was looking for an explanation. "Oh, uh, Sir. Yes. We're just getting ready to head out. There seems to be some kind of brawl going on at the docks, probably just a squabble between outlaws. No need to worry yourself about it though, we'll be able to handle it just - uh...Sir?" 

The knight didn't bother waiting for the soldier to finish and simply began walking in the direction of the commotion. The rest of the knights seemed anxious as well by this, but all decided it was in their best interest to follow them and hastily did so. 

"Go aboard the ship. The three of us down here will hold for now."

Yue jerked at that. Three? She looked to the side, spotting Edda. I didn't even notice her in all the excitement. The archer nodded, "A-All right, got it," and turned back toward the boat, taking in a deep breath. I just need to follow Susanoo then.

“I’ll put yer damn head on a pike!”

She winced. Yes. Follow him. Okay. I can do this. Maybe. No, she really couldn't do this. But she had to. Leon had ordered it. And Alexis was back there too. Even if she was annoying, she was still Leon's friend, so Yue couldn't just let her die. Nodding once again, the archer tightened her grip on her bow before moving up the wooden boarding ramp connecting the boat to the docks. There, she saw Susanoo in a battle against the leader of the bandits. The other bandits were just watching, which was what Yue wanted to be doing too, but she had to fight. So instead, she approached, careful to skirt around the two combatants, and nocked an arrow on her bowstring.

The others didn't even notice her, so fixated were they on the big showdown between Susanoo and the leader. Which was good. Because it meant she might be able to get more attacks in before they reacted. So Yue took aim--left to right. I can do this--and fired. And then added another arrow, took aim, and fired again. As she fumbled to add another arrow to her string, the bandits finally reacted. One of them, the leftmost one, had fallen to the ground with a gurgle, a feathered shaft sticking out of his throat, but the other one was still up and able to move, having been hit in the shoulder instead. And the third was uninjured, but he was just as mad as the others as he held his axe high in a downward chop, running toward her.

"Eeek!" Yue cried, releasing her third arrow at the bandit, watching as it buried itself into his knee. He fell forward onto the deck, but the middle one was still running toward her, the arm with the injured shoulder lying limp at his side, the other one holding an axe. Roaring, he slashed it down, tearing a gash down her chest. Gasping, Yue had to work to keep from falling to the deck herself, head spinning as she held a hand to her chest. Small mercies, but it didn't cut that deep. It still hurt though, especially since she wasn't wearing much in the way of armor. And now the bandit was too close to hit with her bow.

She coughed. I hope...I don't have to fight these people alone. The one had fallen down, but he was sure to get up and join her attacker soon enough.

OOC

Spoiler

Yue killed Bandit 6 and injured 3 (in the shoulder) and 5 (in the knee). Let me know if I did too much this round.

"What's wrong? You sea monkeys can't fly?" Alexis taunted from her position above the water. She was hoping to keep these three away from the duel of the captains. Though she also knew if she stayed here too long then they'd give up on her and go to attack him instead.

It surprised her as much as the others when one of them was struck down by an arrow. Alexis looked up and smirked as she saw Yue there. What a brave girl. How that Rona couldn't fall for the talented sweetheart was beyond her.

The smirk slipped away as the bandits turned away from her to go after the archer. "Alright Tana double time. Let's go!"

She was impressed at how Yue handled herself despite the two axe users bearing down on her. But she probably wouldn't last long once the other one got up.

Alexis made a beeline for the one still standing. He must have heard the flapping of Tana's wings because he turned in her direction and swung his axe. Though in his haste he swung much too early and just ended up slicing through the air. So Alexis finished off what Yue had started and drove her lance through the man's chest.

"Fancy meeting you here, partner." Alexis grinned at Yue. "Make sure to get that wound checked out." She said, ignoring the arrow in her side. Out of the corner of her eye she caught some motion and noticed the other axeman had shakily gotten to his feet. He let out a shout and went to bring his axe down towards Tana and Alexis instinctively intercepted with her lance.

For most Pegasus Knights this would be a mistake but Alexis's natural strength made it possible for her to deflect the heavy weapon, albeit with shooting pain up her arm, and she made sure Tana turned so she could face the man more easily. "Excuse you I was talking to the lady."

Rona was starting to grow nervous. There were so many of them. How could she hope to hold them all off when there were just so many? As much as she wanted to she couldn't be everywhere at once. Just keeping these three held down would be difficult.

She felt both relieved and ashamed when Edda came in to help. Not only did she get injured but she was now fighting on the front lines. Which Rona was supposed to be dealing with herself. She wanted to tell her to go away but it wasn't as though she had any right to give the girl any sort of command.

So she would just have to work harder to take care of them here and convince her to move back that way.

A thought came to mind as she blocked the jumping axe wielder's attack and shoved him back towards the ground. She patted Cormag's neck and told him what to do. The wyvern let out a roar and ran forward, wings splayed and crouched low, and bowled over the two attackers before taking into the air. While there the two of them turned and dove down towards the lancer who was trying to stab through Edda's iron-skin. "You might want to step back, it's going to get messy!" Rona told her. She then brought the axe down and removed the lancer's head from his shoulders in a heavy, momentum assisted, swing.

Spoiler

Alexis took out 3 and is near Yue and 5

Meanwhile Rona knocked down 16 and 15 and killed 14

Susano’o grunted when the axe sank into his back. The blade wasn’t particularly sharp; the cut wasn’t an extremely deep one. It was more of a nuisance than an actual hindrance. “Give up?” he snarled, shoving the bandit’s arm away and tearing the axe from his back in the process. “You think a wittle bittle scratch like that is gonna make me give up?” He threw his head back in a thunderous laugh. “Take my head and then we’ll talk about me given’ up, boy.”

He hefted his own axe up then and stepped forward. Anticipating the bandit leader to attempt dodging it, he didn’t fully commit to the swing--instead he gripped his axe in one hand when he swung, reaching out with the other to grab the bandit by the arm and pull him forward into the attack. “MIGHT TAKE YOUR’S FIRST THOUGH!”

Leon

With Leon's blessing Yue had made her way up to the top of the ship. Thankfully, it had seemed that things were starting to thin out off the boat though Leon didn't have much room to get complacent. As one of the bandits made their way towards him, Leon readied himself for the foe. Wielding a sword, the bandit struck at him to which Leon went to block with his shield. Being a bit off on the timing, the bandit managed to knocked Leon's arm down with his blade as it struck the shield following up with an upward swing that clipped the boy's shoulder. Wincing as his wound began to bleed, Leon simply followed up with a thrust of his own into the man's gut. Pulling his blade out, the man coughing as the blade was removed and his wound was bleeding, he let out a guttural growl as he charged forward to swing his sword yet again. Taking a side step back, the frenzied slash had barely cut through Leon's shirt, leaving the boy with only a stinging pain as his opponent was now over extended. Taking advantage of this, Leon stepped forward plunging his blade through the man's chest, killing him. Pulling it out, he let out a small sigh as there seemed to be a trio of bandits making their way over to him. 

Alexis and Yue

The bandit that was facing Alexis grunted in frustration, though clearly also having some panic in his eyes. He had seen how this had gone with everyone else so far. The girl was like a storm on wings that tore through and destroyed everyone she flew past. Though, storms didn't need wings to fly. So she was really just a storm in general. Naturally, he wanted to get as far away from her as possible, but she could both catch him and the only way he could to was towards the red haired not pirate. Who was like a storm that didn't fly. With two very not good options, he had only one option left. The one that wasn't a storm, the archer girl. In spite of her prowess in killing and hitting everyone so far, there was some indescribably unnoticeable about her, but with her right next to him he could see her very clearly. And if he could take out one of them in vengeance for his comrades, that would be just alright too. Shoulder checking the petite archer girl, the bandit let out a frenzied cry as he brought his axe up and went to cleave at the girl's head. 

Susanoo

The bandit leader still didn't seemed too bothered by Susanoo as he quickly recovered from his axe strike, getting ready to keep up the fight. As the bull headed man made his way towards him, the bandit leader waited patiently for the man's strike, leaning to the side to avoid the axe as Susanoo went for his attack. Not expecting the sudden grapple, the bandit leader was pulled forward towards the attack. Having to think on his feet, the man quickly swung his free arm to match Susanoo's axe arm, matching blows with it and stopping his arm short. Though in spite of his efforts the axe still bit into his side, causing the man to wince a little. "So, the bull can think, huh? Well, if you want my head so bad, here it is." Moving closer, the bandit leader went for a headbutt with an amount of force that was not quite unlike one Susanoo would deliver himself. He then went to wrench his arm out of the man's grip, stepping back in the process and bringing his back his free arm to swing at Susanoo's throat. 

Edda and Rona

As the wyvern rider had managed to knock back her two assailants as well as cleave through Edda's assailant, the latter decided to step back at the former's behest. "R-right." Being somewhat in shock of Rona's strength, even after the last few battles with her, the girl then shook her head. Right, she couldn't afford to just let everyone else do the work for her. "Wait, no! I - I can also fight!" Stepping forward again, the girl braced herself as a few more of the bandits made their way forward. Two of them seemed to be going towards Leon, but one wielding a sword moving towards Edda. The man with a sword moved towards Edda, clearly not all that threatened by her and brought his blade down towards her. The girl put up her  sword to defend, but the man bat the sword away before bringing his sword down onto her shoulder. The man seemed shocked for a moment, as the sword met with more resistance than he was used to, and Edda took advantage of this confusion to swing her sword into the man's side. Her blade bit in deeper then his own, but in frustration the man brought his blade back and swung it into Edda's side, meeting a similar tough resistance. 

The two fighting Rona, meanwhile, didn't think they could really defeat her with brute force alone. So, looking at each other as they got back up, they both nodded on some unspoken plan. One of them dropped their weapon, and simply charged the girl. Jumping forward, the man went to wrap his arms around the wyvern's long neck and pull down on it. He was strong and had the element of surprise on his side, though Cormag wouldn't be too affected by this tactic for long. The second man then went to run forward and swing his axe towards Rona, aiming for her  torso. 

Meanwhile, were anyone to look past the battlefield and further down the harbor they would see a glaring light coming towards them. A light caused by the reflection of the sun gleaming off silver armor. 

Edited by Skaia

Exhausted after that volley, and injured as well, Yue slumped slightly. Unfortunately, that happened right when the bandit shoved her with his shoulder, forcing her to fall backward onto the deck of the boat. Looking up, she could see the glint of sunlight reflecting off of metal as the axe was raised high. "Eek!"

The girl was sluggish from loss of blood, but she had enough energy to roll to the side. The axe chopped down just to her left, almost splintering the wood. The girl gulped. That was too close. Summoning what little strength she had, she rose up on shaky legs to face the man, holding a hand over her wound. She was too close to do anything, though, so she turned tail and ran to put some space between them. She only had so far to run, and she had to be sure to avoid Susanoo's fight, but there was some space at least. As soon as she had enough room, she raised her bow and fired another arrow at the bandit.

She didn't know if this would be enough to take him out, but at least Alexis was back on the boat. So hopefully she wouldn't have to deal with him alone, if that were the case.

Spoiler

Yue moved to the left a bit and is attacking Bandit 5.

"You absolute coward!" Alexis shouted at the bandit. Once again it seemed they were intent on attacking Yue. Sure, it made sense, but that didn't make Alexis any less mad about it!

The girl managed to avoid being seriously injured by the lumbering pirate. She even shot off an arrow in his direction. The arrow lodged itself near the man's collarbone. He shouted out and reached towards the arrow. Only to wince in pain at the action.

"You'll pay for that!" He roared and started to charge towards Yue.

Alexis rolled her eyes. So much for making sense. He completely ignored the other opponent in order to satisfy his anger. "Well, guess that makes this easier." She patted Tana's neck and the two went forward towards the man. He must have heard the flap of Tana's wings because he turned around part-way on his way to Yue. Eyes widening he pulled his axe back to attack the pegasus but locked up before he could raise it fully. The arrow still doing its job.

Allowing Alexis to score a clean hit. Thrusting her lance through the man's chest.

"Whew." Alexis said. "We work pretty good together don't we?" Alexis said to Yue. Though the girl would be able to notice she was wincing in pain at the arrow that was in her own side. The bloodstain spreading across her shirt.

Seemingly not noticing this the girl called back towards Susanoo. "Hey, captain, what's the hold up? Don't tell me that guy's giving you trouble?"

"Wait, no! I - I can also fight!"

Rona sighed. So much for that. Well, Leon couldn't blame her if the girl died because of her own actions, right? She certainly hoped so.

The Wyvern Rider had to focus on her own fight anyway. She honestly didn't know what to make of the one who had decided to grapple her wyvern. Cormag for his own part was rather upset that the bandit had dared to grab him like that and, after a few moments where the bandit's strength and surprise had managed to drag his head down, the wyvern began to pull back at the bandit in an attempt to lift him up and start shaking him around.

Rona was about to help out when she noticed the other bandit coming up on her side. He was too close for her to dodge and his axe was already descending when she noticed him.

The axe struck her and she felt the weapon sink into her skin. She let out a gasp of pain though, given her training, she was able to push through that.

However she wasn't thinking straight and the man was too close now to get a good swing of her axe. So instead she pushed off of Cormag and tackled the man to the ground. He was heavier but she had the high ground and was able to drag him down to the ground.

Gripping her axe but unable to swing it she brought the hilt down. The first blow striking the man's arm as he flailed about. But the second, and third, landed solidly on his head. The second blow cracking his skull in the process.

Breathing heavily Rona pushed herself up and back to her feet before turning back to Cormag. As she turned she noticed something off in the distance. She froze for a moment, seeing the armor of the one heading their way, and she instinctively gripped her axe tighter. "Knights!" She shouted out towards Leon.

Spoiler

Alexis finished off 5 and Rona smashed 15

Alexis will use a Vulnerary if her wound is called out but there's still the arrow in there.

Susan’s face was busted wide open by the bandit leader’s headbutt. Blood flowed freely from the massive gash above his eye. He still seemed unbothered in spite of his bloodied appearance, though, going as far as to smile and snake his tongue out to lap up some of the blood at the corner of his mouth. “That can't be all ya’ve got!” the bounty hunter demanded as the bandit leader wrenched himself free. 

The man responded by reeling back with his free arm and taking a swing. Susan weighed his options. He happened to be right handed, so the hand he was gripping his axe was on the same side as the bandit’s free hand, which would make it awkward to try and cut his hand off. Alternatively, if he caught the man’s arm with HIS free hand, it would leave him open to attack and probably end with him missing an arm. So he came to what he thought was the only logical conclusion.

Susan lunged forward and sank his teeth into the bandit leader’s wrist before the blow could reach him. It was a powerful bite; immediately the warm and bitter taste of blood filled his mouth (along with dirt and a whole smorgasbord of other grime from the man’s presumably unwashed arm).

“HESHESHHESH!” Susan barked a laugh, which was muffled considering his mouth was full. “SHA SHIDN’T EXSHPECT TSHAT DIDSHA?” He bit down harder. “Shink I shlike da shasta of shis arm shough! Shmind if I shntake it?!” He grabbed the man’s arm more firmly with his own free arm, then pulled him forward and swung his axe to try and cleave his arm off.

The bandit leader grit his teeth in frustration, suppressing a scream of pain as blood started to pour out from his arm from Susanoo's unexpected attack. His arm was as well locked in place, as Susanoo started to grip down even tighter. Seeing the axe come towards him, panic and rage started to fuel the previously calm leader as he could tell what was coming next. Yet, he was not finished yet. Continuing to wrench his wrist inside the mouth of Susanoo, not being able to free it and simply causing the man tooth pain that was likely ignored,  he reeled his own axe back. As Susanoo's axe chopped off part of his arm, the man let out a howl of pain and ferocity as he went to swing his axe blade towards Susanoo's armpit and ribs. 

Leon held the line, ready for the two bandits that seemed to be approaching him and looking to aid their leader ahead. However, both he and the bandits attention were turned elsewhere as Rona had shouted. Looking forward, Leon would be able to see a group of silver knights, adorned with red on their armor, making their way to them. However, upon seeing one of them, Leon's eyes had gone wide. 

One of the knights had seemed to be clearly ahead of the others. Were Rona to look at him again, she would as well be able to tell how weird that seemed as it wasn't as though his posture or movement was any different then that of someone walking, yet still he managed to completely outpace the other knights. In addition, she and Leon were able to see him in full, no longer just as a bright reflection of the sun's light. A man adorned in silver armor, both worn and not a spot of skin to be exposed by it. It bared not only the red of the sky knights but carried gold as well. And to his side he carried a long, bladed polearm, equally worn from combat as it was ornate. To Leon and Alexis, who had been born in Aeora and had learned of the nation's military they would recognize all the signs as to who this pointed to. And to Rona, who had fought on the border between her mother nation and Aeora, she would be able to recognize him as the living embodiment of what one would presume to be not more than an urban legend of the battlefield. Though, as he seemed to enter the combat area, all history and myth seemed to be true. He spoke no words. And in spite of their positioning and the lack of any part of the man's face showing, it felt as though his eyes were cold and dreadful, staring directly at them and boring into them. 

This man was none other than one of the, if not the, strongest knights in the country. One of the Sun Guard, the four elites of Rastaarn. No name to go by, simply a title. Sun Lancer. 

Upon realizing this, Leon shouted, "Edda! Rona! Retreat! Get to the boat now!" 

Edda had been holding her own against the mercenary, who for his part was growing incredibly frustrated. He was stronger than her, faster and more skilled. He had been sure that each of their exchanges he was getting the better end of the duel. Yet each strike of hers seemed to do more to him then his to her, leaving only shallow cuts with his own attacks. While Edda seemed on edge about how this duel was going, she paused momentarily as she heard Rona and Leon call out. Looking to their new foe, Edda was paralyzed in fright, feeling like prey being gazed upon by a hunter. Shaking a bit, the girl stepped back slowly, before breaking into a full run away, wincing in pain as her opponent managed to slash her arm in her retreat though still only giving a shallow cut. "Hey where do you think you're going!" The man shouted, before turning back and looking at the knight. "Ah crap, knights." The man seemed to be annoyed, though completely oblivious of the knight he was looking at. 

The bandit that had been wrestling Cormag was thrown to the ground as the wyvern had shook its long neck around to get him off. Getting back up to his feet, the man took a cautious step back away from Rona as he saw her brutalize his fellow bandit's skull in. Still ready to fight though clearly shook by her, he instead opted to wait for her to come to him, readying his weapon for if she approached. 

Rona stood up and let out a long breath. Her anger-filled attack had worked in killing the enemy but she was starting to feel the effects. She wasn't worn out but after releasing so much adrenaline on the hapless bandit she was much more aware of the weight of her weapon.

Still she half-turned towards the other bandit and held her weapon up. It seemed the man was unwilling to come to her. Which just meant she would have to go to him. She was sure she would be fine even if he lashed out at her and as long as she split his skull after it didn't matter if he wounded her.

Before she moved forward she noticed the knights were closing in. She saw the one in the lead and her heart sank. She knew who, or rather what, that was. And she knew that if he caught up to them he was likely to wipe them out.

Some combination of instinct and desire to protect Leon caused the girl to step towards the man. She wouldn't last long but maybe...

"Edda! Rona! Retreat! Get to the boat now!" 

Rona flinched. She couldn't ignore Leon's order even if it meant letting that knight get closer.

Shameful as it was Rona felt relief wash over her as she ignored the bandit and moved to Cormag. Mounting the wyvern and taking off towards the boat. She could see that Edda and Leon were already close enough that she didn't have to pick them up so instead she made her way straight for it.

Alexis winced as she watched the fight between the two large axe-men. "They're kinda like animals aren't they?" She said to her companion. Hearing the cries from the others the Pegasus Knight looked over and froze. "Oh, damn it." She muttered. "That one is...a problem." Rolling her shoulders, flinching at the wound on her side, she followed up with, "guess we have to end this soon."

Not wanting to get in the middle of the two bulls Alexis had Tana circle around to the other side. Trying to find an opening she could dart in and stick her lance through the bandit without harming the other one. After all it looked like they were going to need to make a quick getaway and they'd need the captain healthy for that.

"Hey, Bull!" Alexis shouted as she raised her lance. "Think you can wrap this up soon? We got company and if they catch up they're not gonna let this baby set sail." She gave a smirk, despite the pain, and offered, "if he's too much for you I could always jump in for ya!"

Spoiler

No attack but I figured if Hakima wanted we could do a bit of a combo attack if that's fine. Otherwise Alexis will hang back for now as to not get caught by an axe.

Though Susanoo had been struck by the man's axe, his arm getting in the way and keeping it from breaking in his ribs, he had powered through it like he had all the pain before hand. Shoving the leader back, Susanoo brought his axe up going for the final attack. The leader recovered quicker, though, and seemed poised to attack again, only  to be interrupted by the swift lance of Alexis piercing his one remaining good arm. Letting go of his axe as his axe reflexively opened, he was powerless to stop Susanoo as the pirate hunter buried his axe into the bandit's chest. The man was motionless, barely making noise as it seemed he was unable to breathe any longer. Then, taking his axe out of the man's body Susanoo gave one emphatic kick to the bandit and sent him hurtling off the boat into the water below. 

With that fight having ended, Leon, Edda and Rona rushed onto the ship. Looking to everyone else, Leon said, "we're in danger. We have to get going. Now." At his behest, the group began to scramble about, trying to get the ship ready and able to move. 

Sun Lancer continued to walk towards the boat, still seeming on track to go fight attack the Falcons. The bandit that had been fighting Edda, frustrated that she ran away looked ready to charge before he looked back. Seeing the knight, he went to go intercept him instead, saying, "this a matter between us and them, so why don't you just - " the man was cut off as he was effortlessly shoved back onto the ground. Stunned, for a moment, he shook his head before shouting to the two near the boat saying, "hey guys! Don't just stand there! Either show those brats and that drunk or this asshole what it means to mess with us." This bandit had clearly been out of the loop for this entire fight. The two, seeing their boss be killed by the red rooster bull and be heavily out numbered opted to go fight the knight - only now realizing he was there. 

Charging at them, Sun Lancer stopped for a moment, readying his bladed lance. As one got close, he thrust his spear forward, piercing the chest of the first bandit before he even got close enough to swing. Before the other could react, Sun Lancer wrenched the bladed lance free, spinning it and bringing the bladed ended down across the face and chest of the second. Within in an instant he had, quite like the Iron Falcons had, shown them what it meant to mess with the bandits. And yet it was effortless, the bandits seemed to provide a momentary distraction that was enough to aid the Falcons. 

The plank that connected the boat and the mainland had been knocked aside, and the boat itself already seemed to be drifting away with sails unfurled. As it had turned out, the bandits were looking to make a getaway themselves and so most of the preparations had already been taken care of. As such, Sun Lancer couldn't do anything but watch wordlessly as the bandits around scrambled away in terror and his prey had managed to escape. 

Now on the seas, Leon let out a sigh of relief. They had done it. They had managed to escape Aeora. They were now safe from their pursuers and didn't have to worry about being chased down - at least for the time being. Looking towards the Horizon, Leon wasn't quite sure what was in store for them next. They were a mercenary company. But they no longer had a home base, and where they were going they were unheard of. For that matter, they didn't know anything about where they were going. And beyond that, he felt as though his life were about to get a whole lot more hectic once they landed in Yon'Lou. Yet still, he looked back to his crew. Smiling, he said, "everyone. Good work on a job well done. It was dangerous and I don't think we can ever go back as things are. And so I thank you, for sticking with me in my irresponsible decision to take this job. It would've been easier for most of you to run or abandon the job and go your own way. But thanks to your help, we did it. We succeeded in our last job in Aeora." Looking back, Leon smiled still saying, "now let's see what jobs the future has in store for us, Iron Falcons." 

FIN

KvEwxcg.png?1