Skaia

Fire Emblem: Soul of Heaven [IC/PG-16]

Everything was getting worse. Raynor looked like he was about to fall and even though he had just patched them up, Alexis and Rona were both taking a beating all over again. That's not even looking at Ada or Leon, both of whom needed to be patched up as well. Layne nervously twirled the staff in his hand as he tried to figure out the best way to go about doing all this. He took a deep breath as he started to run forward, but it wasn't like he knew what he was doing exactly. All he knew was that Raynor was in particularly bad shape and needed to be healed. A more thorough patch up would have to be done if... Once they were given a chance to rest.

"In the interest of those who remains lives, I permit you to keep your own today, traitors and villains though you are."

"Falcons. Stand down and move back." 

Layne paused as he heard that, it seemed unreal that they were really going to be given a chance to retreat at this point. But they desperately needed it, everyone was a little bit worn down and even if he had Edda's help, there was no way that he was going to be able to cover enough ground to help all who needed it. He took a deep breath as he took a look towards Raynor, concerned as he tried to gauge the injuries that he had.

"When do we move out?"

"I hate to say it but we don't have much time to rest. Especially if they have a larger group nearby. As soon as that Paladin gets reinforcements he'll probably be after us again."

The discussion kept on going as the others tried to gauge the best way to deal with things, but for now... "We need to get to a safe spot as soon as possible. We don't have the luxury of patching up our wounds just yet." He spoke up as he quickly turned his head towards the others, "I can try to work on Raynor as we move! We don't want to give them a chance to change their minds."

Raynor gritted his teeth as he stood, the assault of dual weapons and magic doing a number on his body. However, he refused to show any weakness. He refused to fall again. He gripped his lance and stared down the three.

"That all you got?!" He called out, ready to go on the offensive again. However, an exchanged happened that inwardly relieved the Jouran.

"Men, fall back!" The commander of the enemy cried out, causing Raynor to grin victoriously.

"Yeah, you better run!" Raynor called out as the enemy backed away from them.

"Falcons. Stand down and move back." 

That... That made sense. Frankly, he needed the time to recover anyways.

"I can try to work on Raynor as we move! We don't want to give them a chance to change their minds."

"Hey, don't worry about me! I barely have a scratch on me! Let's just get outta here before anything worse can happen, yeah?" Raynor gave a confident smile despite the pain he felt. It was more important that everyone got out of here. He directed Gojira over to Edda. "Need a lift?" He asked.

Though Rona seemed to want to pursue the foes, he was glad to see that she didn't press the matter any further. As she apologized he simply waved off her concern saying, "it's fine. But, we should probably head out soon." He nodded as Alexis made her comment saying, "right. We can't stay still. Thankfully, once we get into the valley proper, we should be able to take a rest. We'd be at advantage there if they marched in on us, so I doubt they'd charge in carelessly." Looking to everyone else, as they as well seemed ready to get a rest, the boy simply said, "alright Falcons, get ready to move." With that, he began to march his way forward into the valley proper. 

Edda, meanwhile, still looked rather downcast about everything that had happened. As Raynor made her way over to her, the girl looked at his burned and wounded body, and simply muttered a, "sorry." As he asked about wanting a ride, the girl paused and mulled on it. Though she was hesitant about it, she eventually got aboard the salamander, and stayed silent for the rest of the day. 

As the Paladin and the remnants of his troops were marching away, one cavalier had strode up to him. "Sir." His voice was laced with concern as his officer looked over to him, permitting him to speak further. "I - I apologize if I come off as rude but why are we retreating?" 

"Oh? Do you doubt my orders?" 

Gulping, the cavalier said, "n-no Sir. It's just...they were weakening, and had we kept engaged on them surely we could have won." 

"Such a victory may have been likely, but were it to happen it would have been at the cost of the rest of your lives." The man's tone was somber as he continued, "it was my misjudgment of their capabilities that lead us to our current state. And, I could see a case in which they won. Were that to pass, it would be nothing more than a waste of our lives at the hands of our foe." 

"But Sir. They are the Jouran menace are they not? Should we not give all that we have to defeat them?" 

The man snorted at this. "Do not be so eager to die boy. We have learned of our foe, and fought them. Sure, we must suffer a bitter defeat now, but you will not find experience in dealing with soldiers like that anywhere in Aeora. So keep that experience in mind for when we next fight. And if you are so eager to die," the man jokingly said, "there will be many more chances to throw your life away in the coming future. Of that I'm certain." 

"Understood. Sir." Though he seemed downtrodden by this advice, the cavalier seemed to accept it as he started to move back into formation. 

"Oh and Boy." The man called back. "Do not think our fight for was naught, nor that our foes have escaped just yet. His prediction was right about where they were headed and we have, if nothing else, stalled their progress.  And as his prediction was correct, they will no doubt encounter that man. So, their lives are already forfeit, of that I can assure you." 

The group continued traveling, in spite of their wounds and fatigue, until nightfall. As the group looked for a proper place to set up camp, the noticed a tent next to the road, alongside a lopsided cart that had a person, hanging their head in a defeated fashion. As they got closer, the group would be able to the woman garbed in red, with long red hair more clearly. With the figure noticing others coming towards them, they looked over, and it was now even clearer to both Raynor and Yue who this person was. Brightening up, the woman shouted, "most valued customers! Welco- oh my - Shephards above." The girl seemed to stop as and back away as she noticed their beaten and bruised forms. 

"You all look terrible. Did you get hit by a rock slide or something? Well, no mater, you're here now! And that's what does matter." With a sly smile on her face, the girl's eyes looked at everyone again at record pace, and then back to Raynor, her expression shifting to a bright smile, saying, "and I see you brought even more friends this time. How wonderful!" 

Leon looked towards Raynor saying, "do you know her?"

Spoiler

Apologies for the jump in tone I suppose, but I figured this would be better than just leaving it at just, "they set up camp."

Feel free to get responses from the woman if you so desire. 

Also, as the chapter has finished, it's time foooooooor level ups! You're now level 12, and as always by the time you are reading this your stats have already been updated. 

Spoiler

Leon 
HP: +1
Skl: +1
Lck: +1

Rona 
Spd: +1

Yue  
Str: +1

Ada 
Mag: +1 
Def: +1

Layne  

Raynor

Alexis 
Res: +1

Edda 
Res: +1

Rona couldn't relax even if the battle had ended. If she let herself calm down after the fight then she wouldn't be able to hide how worn out she was. She was sitting upright on Cormag but she kept one hand on his neck at all times. In order to make sure she STAYED upright.

She looked around at the others. They were clearly worn out after that fight. If they encountered another attack they'd probably not be able to repel this one. So it was when they came across a lopsided cart that she tensed up even more. "Don't get too close." She said. It wasn't the first time that they've encountered someone in trouble who turned out to be a trap.

"It could be another ambush, commander." Rona said, eyeing the girl warily. This didn't change even though the girl seemed to be familiar with Raynor. "We should just keep going. It's too suspicious right after.....that."

She was tired. She was sore. But the scene that followed still managed to bring a smile to Alexis's face. Whoever this girl is the way that she greeted Raynor was...rather interesting. "Oh don't worry so much, Rona, this pretty lady doesn't seem like a villain to me. And look she is all close with our Raynor." Alexis smirked at the Jouraan. "That explains some things. This your sweetheart? You sly dog you."

Alexis could see it. The wandering mercenary, gruff, strong, and battle-hardened. And the mysterious but beautiful traveling salesperson. Only able to meet on occasion, as they both travel the world, only able to communicate through messages left at taverns and inns.

The Pegasus Knight's eyes were sparkling. It was a wonderful story. And it was unfolding before her eyes. She felt it in her bones.

And then Tana snorted and snapped Alexis out of it. "Ah, where was I....So you got anything good?" She looked to the cart and winced. "Hope you didn't lose much."

"Sorry."  Raynor decided to not stop smiling as he gently pulled her up onto Gojira's back. 

"Sorry about what?" He asked. Even though he had a decent idea what she was sorry about, it wasn't any fault of hers. Best to brush it off like the small deal it was. She didn't answer though, and was in fact quiet for the rest of the ride. Well, he supposed it didn't matter too much. Everyone was safe, he survived the battle, and he had a pretty girl riding with him. Wins all around.

They traveled long into the day, the sun setting before they spotted a tent along side the road. Who could that be...? He quickly recognized the red hair though. He had to admit, it was nice to see a friendly face.

"Most valued customers! Welco- oh my - Shephards above." Anne stopped as and back away as she noticed their beaten and bruised forms. Oh yeah, she only knew Snow Fairy and him. "You all look terrible. Did you get hit by a rock slide or something? Well, no mater, you're here now! And that's what does matter." Suddenly, a sly smile crossed her face. "and I see you brought even more friends this time. How wonderful!" 

"Well, I gotta pay the difference from last time, right?" Raynor quipped.

Leon looked towards Raynor saying, "Do you know her?"

"Aye," Was Raynor's simple reply.

"Don't get too close." Rona suddenly said."It could be another ambush, commander." Rona said, eyeing the girl warily."We should just keep going. It's too suspicious right after.....that."

"Oh don't worry so much, Rona, this pretty lady doesn't seem like a villain to me. And look she is all close with our Raynor." Alexis smirked at the Jouraan. "That explains some things. This your sweetheart? You sly dog you." Ah, where was I....So you got anything good?" She looked to the cart and winced. "Hope you didn't lose much."

"I mean, Snow Fairy knows her to," Raynor commented as he pointed to Yue. "We both bought stuff off Anne here while you all found Edda. It's where I got my tomes, actually," He turned to Alexis and shrugged. "She'd be a one helluva lucky catch if she was my sweetheart, but sadly, I ain't that lucky," He sighed a bit before adding. "I'll vouch fer 'er, Commander. If this turns out to be some sort of ambush, I'll eat my damn saddle and buy a new one off of Anne," He turned to observe the cart. "So um... what happened there? Need help with that?"

Yue felt a little dispirited after that fight. "Do you think they'll keep trying to come after us then?" she wondered.

The archer brightened up a little when she saw Anne. While the girl was a bit too enthusiastic for her taste, she did sell her that cool ancient bow. Even if part of her regretted buying it. She winced as the other asked her question about what happened to them.

"It could be another ambush, commander." Rona said, eyeing the girl warily. "We should just keep going. It's too suspicious right after.....that."

Yue hesitated, about to speak up, before Alexis and then Raynor said their pieces. Much as she admired Rona and her careful attitude, the archer had to agree with them here. "Y-yeah, I don't think she's d-dangerous," the girl stammered. "S-she's a merchant." She glanced over the cart herself after Raynor's observation. "I-Is it broken?"

Leon was wary of the woman as Rona made her comment, noting that they had been ambushed in a similar manner not that long ago. Though, with the comments of Raynor and Yue to absolve the woman of suspicion he let his guard down. Not to mention he wasn't quite in the mood or shape to immediately engage another enemy in combat. 

The woman, Anne, smiled brightly as her name was cleared. "Worry not valued customer, you won't need to eat your saddle unless you're really in the mood for leather. And if you were then I have fine gourmet for your eccentric tastes located here today!" Without a moments rest the girl pivoted putting her hand to her chest, as she shook her head towards Alexis. "And no, this young paying gentleman is not the sweetheart for me. After all, the thing I love third most of all in the world is the loving hearts of all my patrons and customers. Second most would then be," the woman spun as she enthusiastically pointed both of her arms towards her downed cart. "My lovely and exquisite wares, here at Anne's Shop of Assorted Goods. With products designed for those with an adventurous or militaristic heart, seeking to travel the countryside and protect themselves from all manner of monsters and bandits. You ask if I have anything good, but with products and prices like these you'll wonder why you didn't ask if I had anything great!" The woman slammed her hand into her chest for emphasis as she punctuated this, wincing briefly after doing so. 

Taking in a deep breath, she pivoted back towards Raynor and Yue saying, "well, well. How thoughtful of the two of you to be concerned for me. Truly I am bless to have such wonderful repeat customers. But, well, as you can see," the girl gestured over to her cart once more. Now, closer to it, the group was able to see that it was mostly fine, though two wheels on one side of the cart had been broken. "I was merely making my way down through this valley when my horse was spooked by a noise so loud that it started to run. And well, the terrain here isn't the most forgiving to carts so one thing lead to another and," suddenly getting more agitated the woman shouted, "and my horse isn't the most loyal of steeds!" Taking a deep breath the woman said, "well, I can fix my wheel without an issue - and at speeds you won't believe either! But, being stranded without something to pull my cart around is more than problematic. If only there was soooomeone to help me in my time of need." 

Leon was a bit baffled by how fast and how much the theatrical saleswoman in front of him had managed to speak. All the same, he spoke up saying, "sorry, but we're kind of in a hurry."

Huffing, the girl said, "excuse you, but I haven't time to dally either." Clapping her hands together and bowing, she then pleaded, "but please aid me, I will be sure to make helping me worth your while!"

Still skeptical, the leader looked towards everyone else saying, "well, what do you guys think?" 

Spoiler

Just as a reminder, if you are looking to buy from Anne all of her prices are in the OOC. Right here. Assume she has everything listed here except for the standard weapons. She only has 1 of each for Iron. 

Yue breathed out a sigh of relief at seeing Leon relax. I didn't want to have to get into a fight so soon. If she had to, she would, but...she'd rather not have to, is all.

The woman, Anne, smiled brightly as her name was cleared. "Worry not valued customer, you won't need to eat your saddle unless you're really in the mood for leather. And if you were then I have fine gourmet for your eccentric tastes located here today!"

The archer sweatdropped. She hadn't seen someone so enthusiastic about making a sale since...well since she last saw Anne. After hearing the girl then talk about the loves of her life, Yue had to wonder what she loved first out of everything...she had mentioned what she loved third and second, but she never did say what came first in her heart. Then again, that was a bit of a personal question to ask.

It was good to hear that the cart wasn't in as bad a shape as they first thought, but it was worrying to hear about the horse. "Oh, that's not good at all!" Yue shook her head, her stutter going away as her natural animal-loving self reared its head. "Should we try to find your horse then?" She had a sneaking suspicion that "loud noise" was caused by their earlier fighting, but she didn't voice the thought out loud. "How long ago did it run off?"

However, it seemed the girl had other plans. Or at least that was the feeling the archer was getting from the merchant's conversation with Leon. After their leader turned to the group, Yue spoke up, "I think we should help. It's really sad to have an animal run off on you! Maybe we can find her horse too!"

Rona didn't like it. She wanted to leave right that moment. Yet they all were standing around and even thinking about taking even more time to help out the strange merchant. It wasn't as though she even had much in the way of special weapons. Nothing she felt she couldn't get elsewhere.

Yet once again Leon was asking for their opinion. Why he didn't just go with his own decision was beyond her. The first to respond was Yue, who voiced a desire to help the girl out.

She didn't want to disagree with her. Making the archer of the group angry seemed like a dangerous idea. Yet the way the talk was going it seemed like she might be dragged into helping the woman out anyway.

"You know we probably could help with that wagon. Especially with the mounts we've got." Alexis said, confirming Rona's worry.

Alexis herself was somewhat disappointed to find out that the merchant and Raynor barely knew each other. But that didn't mean they couldn't get closer. In fact this was the perfect situation for that! She just had to nudge them in the right direction. "Isn't that right, Raynor? I'm sure your friend there is strong enough to pull a wagon if a horse can do it. And I know how helpful and strong you are, so why don't you help the lady out?" Alexis said, giving a not-so subtle wink in the Jouran's direction.

She hadn't expected Rona to be happy with the idea of stopping to help, given how much she wanted to move on, and the wyvern rider spoke up soon after.

"And if he gets injured trying to help? We were just in a battle if we're going to be pushing ourselves we should be pushing to keep going."

Alexis turned towards her. "Ah, come on, they aren't going to catch up any time soon. And it gives everyone else some time to rest. What's the issue?"

"The issue is that this is pointless!" Rona said. The girl was surprised at her own outburst. She hadn't meant to be so aggressive but she couldn't help it. The longer they stayed there the more paranoid she grew. Shaking her head she announced. "Commander I'm going ahead to check the road out."

Alexis shrugged. Seems the warrior was more skittish than she initially appeared. Granted she did learn she's practically being hunted just recently.

"So where you from anyway, Anne?" Alexis said, trying to steer the conversation to a more pleasant path.

"excuse you, but I haven't time to dally either." Clapping her hands together and bowing, she then pleaded, "but please aid me, I will be sure to make helping me worth your while!"

"Well, what do you guys think?" 

"I think we should help. It's really sad to have an animal run off on you! Maybe we can find her horse too!"

"Agreed," Raynor spoke up.

"You know we probably could help with that wagon. Especially with the mounts we've got." Alexis said. "Isn't that right, Raynor? I'm sure your friend there is strong enough to pull a wagon if a horse can do it. And I know how helpful and strong you are, so why don't you help the lady out?" Alexis said, giving a not-so subtle wink in the Jouran's direction. Now why she was winking was beyond him, but hey, wasn't that important.

"Eeeeeeeey, you read my mind," Raynor commented, pointing a finger gun at Alexis before he reached down and scratched under Gojira's chin. "He's a strong boy, and much braver and more loyal than a horse, aren't you boy?" He asked in a playful tone as Gojira's tail wagged, letting out a reptilian purr.

"And if he gets injured trying to help? We were just in a battle if we're going to be pushing ourselves we should be pushing to keep going."

"Ah, come on, they aren't going to catch up any time soon. And it gives everyone else some time to rest. What's the issue?"

"The issue is that this is pointless!" Rona finally snapped, causing Raynor to blink. "Commander I'm going ahead to check the road out."

"I'm glad you care you care so much Sunshine," He was fairly confident she didn't really care and just wanted to get moving, but hey, it didn't matter much. "But don't think me so fragile, ye? Layne fixed me up, and I'm good to help. Besides, this isn't pointless, ya know," he turned to Leon. "Well, Boss, if you don't wanna keep everyone held up helping Anne, then I can lend my services to her and meet up with you all in Enta. That way Rona isn't grumpy and Anne still gets the help she needs,"

"Worry not valued customer, you won't need to eat your saddle unless you're really in the mood for leather. And if you were then I have fine gourmet for your eccentric tastes located here today! And no, this young paying gentleman is not the sweetheart for me. After all, the thing I love third most of all in the world is the loving hearts of all my patrons and customers. Second most would then be-"

Layne zoned out for a moment as he leaned back, a little sigh escaping him as he rubbed at his cheek. This was clearly theatrics, very few people actually talked like this on a day to day basis. At least, he was hopeful that most people wouldn't do that, it was very much a sales trick in his eyes... He hated to reinforce this particular kind of theatrical behavior, but...

"But, being stranded without something to pull my cart around is more than problematic. If only there was soooomeone to help me in my time of need." 

Layne whistled softly, "Things all just went wrong at once, huh? Well, I can say we know that feeling, personally, I'd feel kinda bad if we just left you here to suffer..." He scratched at his cheek for a moment, letting the others all pitch in their thoughts as he grinned a tiny bit, "Yue there, she's the best with animals, if anyone here can track down and get your horse to come back, it's gotta be her! In the meantime, maybe we can chat a bit, I got somethin' I think might be a bit valuable. When you have a moment, I'd love to get your opinion on this."

"But don't think me so fragile, ye? Layne fixed me up, and I'm good to help. Besides, this isn't pointless, ya know," Layne's hand had slipped into his bag as the others spoke among themselves for a moment, the Cleric turning his head towards Raynor.

"W-Well, you're good to move around, but definitely don't stress yourself out too much. Reopening a wound is definitely possible still if you aren't careful!" He cautioned him before he got a chance to run off, before turning his attention back to the pouch, pulling out a green stone, holding it up in the air, "Spirits help me remember where I got it, but it definitely isn't something I've seen again and I've been carrying it for a while now. I'd like to get some coin for it... And see about picking up a new Heal Staff if you happen to carry those. My old reliable one gave out on me."

He flashed a small grin, his hand rubbing at his neck briefly before he held up the stone, taking a few steps forward, "I suppose you're good to ask, since Raynor and Yue both seem to vouch for you."

Anne had a happy smile on her face as the group had agreed to help her, though a slight wince as the Jouraan girl had seemed firmly opposed to helping her could be seen. All the same, once she had flown off to scout ahead, Anne clapped her hands together saying, "wonderful! To have such kind folk on the road such as yourselves to help an otherwise helpless maiden like myself.And you say you're going to Enta too? Well, our meeting couldn't have been more fateful then it is now! For you see, I too have business in Enta!"

At this, Leon raised an eyebrow saying, "wait, you're going to Enta?" The woman smiled and nodded. Thinking for a moment, and looking around, the company leader asked, "why are you here then? This isn't exactly a main road to get there." In fact, Leon had chosen the path they had taken so far because it was out of the way to get there.

The woman was caught off guard by the question, and then seemed further annoyed for a moment."While it pains me to have to take a road like this, especially with any number of bandits just waiting to pilfer from my humble cart, it is unfortunately necessary. As I'm sure you're aware, some of my wares are less than appreciated by the people of your country." Reaching into her cart, the woman pulled out a Dark Magic tome before continuing. "I'm used to name calling and the like from it, but I've heard down the grapevine that there are some especially aggressive patrols wandering around this area. And I haven't the time nor patience to be shaken down and relieved of my merchandise from a group of thieves as government mandated as them! Nor is being incarcerated good for business." Looking to Raynor and Edda, the woman finished, "it is the same for you, no?' 

Leon didn't really have a rebuttal to that nor did he have a reason to distrust what she was saying. As such, the woman smiled and put her tome back into the cart before saying, "wonderful. Now, I must fix my wheels first but my craftsmanship is only rivaled by salesmanship and so you shouldn't have to wait for very long. But feel free to rest around here, in the meantime." 

Leon looked to the others and said, "yeah, it wouldn't do us any good to keep marching right now. In fact, I'd say we should probably set up to rest for the rest of the night." He motioned to the darkened sky. "But, I'm going to go check on Rona." 

As Leon left and Anne began to bring out her own tools to work on repairs, she looked to Alexis saying. "Now, as for where I hail from. From the lushest forests in Aeora, the verdant plains and of Yon'Lou, to the frozen tundras of Jouruun. Home is where the heart is, and my heart is in my wares. As such, I am from everywhere!" As she theatrically boasted this, the girl then coyly smiled saying in a much more playful voice, "in other words, it's a secret." Then, looking to Layne as he brought up the prospect of a sale, the woman all but dropped her equipment before saying, "why of course I have a staff. If it is a basic heal, then I have them by the dozens! The hundreds!" Shouting this, the girl backpedaled for a moment saying more quietly, "the dozens."  

Clearing her throat, the woman then looked over at the stone that Layne was presenting her with. Nodding she said, "ah, yes. A seastone, usually only found on sandy shores and usually sparingly. Not all that rare but not that common, and only really useful for decoration. But I'm sure there's someone who I could sc- someone I could inform of its true worth." In one seamless motion, the woman took the stone out of Layne's hand and it was instead replaced with a sum of gold. 

Scouting ahead, Rona would find that the pathway they were on didn't have all that much to offer. It wasn't so much a road as it was a natural straight through the valley, bordered by constant dips and rises of rocky mountainous walls. She would also find tracks that vaguely resembled hoof marks, though those seemed to deviate from the tracks and instead climb the curved surface of hills. Eventually, she would hear, "Rona," being called from behind. The voice belonged to none other than her commander, who at this point was making his way over to the girl. Once he caught up with her, the young man felt a bit awkward, given her recent outburst but also that they had decided to go along with helping Anne in spite of that. Not really sure what to do about it, he instead just asked, "does everything look clear?" 

Rona looked at the road ahead without really seeing it. She had said she wanted to go ahead to scout but she couldn't focus enough to really take note of anything beyond the obvious that she couldn't see anyone out in the open.

Cormag was flying low to the ground so she couldn't speak for as far as she normally would see, due to the wyverns concerns his rider might fall off, which proved to be a good thing as Leon came up from behind to ask for what she's found.

Her lack of composure hit her hard at that moment and she quickly looked to the road ahead. Trying to focus as much as she could so she would have something to report. She noticed what seemed to be horse tracks. Leading off of their path. If she was correct it seemed that the animal was heading away from where they were going. She hesitated. Leon might think it was that girl's horse. And they might have to track it down. Which would cause another delay.

But he had asked her and so she had to report. If she didn't, and he noticed, he would think her incapable.

"No enemies spotted, commander." Rona said at last. She looked back at the young man and flushed upon seeing his face. She felt ashamed that she had even considered hiding information from him. "B-but, there looks to be some tracks leading off into the hills there. I don't think it's anything dangerous yet..."

She didn't have anything to add to that as her voice trailed off. Then she spoke once again, a bit faster than before. "Sorry for acting without orders, commander."

Looking at the tracks, Leon muttered, "a horse, probably." Then, as the girl spoke again, he looked back to her and said, "oh, um, it's nothing to apologize for. In fact, I should thank you for being as diligent with scouting as you are. But um," the man paused for a bit before saying, "I guess I should inform you that we'll probably end up helping her out."

Rona felt a warmth enter her chest as Leon thanked her. She had done the right thing, it seemed. Though even as he gave the compliment he followed it with the knowledge that he wouldn't heed her advice. She looked somewhat dejected as she responded, part of her wanting to object, "I...Understood. As you say. Then what is it you would have me do?"

"Well, for now I told the others to rest up. We can't march forever, and now is probably as good a time as any. So for now, I suppose we should do the same." The boy turned back for a moment as it to head back, though, paused before looking to her saying, "though, if you're not eager to we can still patrol out here for the time being."

Rona wasn't sure how to interpret his words. At first she thought he was giving her the command to return with him but the last part threw her off. Why was he asking for what she wanted? Did he think she was being insubordinate?  "No, I will follow you back. I shouldn't keep you away from the others for long."

Alexis's eyes sparkled as Anne responded. Amazing! Traveling from land to land. Seeing everything there was to see. "You must have so many stories, so many adventurers." Alexis unconsciously stepped closer to Anne and took her by the hand. "Sorry to say I probably won't be buying, though my friends look like they might want a thing or two, but if you don't mind I'd love to hear about some of your experiences."

She realized she was getting a bit too overzealous and gave a laugh, rubbing the back of her head. "Apologies, just don't get to see many people like you. Most of the merchants I've met stick to Aeora."

Though the Pegasus Knight couldn't shake a slight concern as her eyes landed on the dark tome. From what it sounds like this girl had no qualms about spreading something so dangerous. In fact she seemed to brush off the idea that it might be dangerous in the first place. It wasn't something Alexis could easily understand. "Have you ever seen anyone...use those?" She asked. Her tone somewhat more distant than before as she kept her eyes on the dark tomes. "I-no, never mind." She didn't like it but she also didn't want to put off this girl. They may need supplies after all. She smiled at Anne again.

But she couldn't help but be somewhat uneasy as she tore her gaze from the vile tomes.

"W-Well, you're good to move around, but definitely don't stress yourself out too much. Reopening a wound is definitely possible still if you aren't careful!" Layne told Raynor, who just tilted his head and scratched his neck.

"Okay yeah, but if a wound opens again, you can just heal it again, right?" Raynor asked as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. That's what healing magic did, yeah? It healed things. Reopening a wound shouldn't invalidate a second healing. Or maybe it did, he didn't know. He wasn't a healer. He began to walk over to the cart when Anne spoke up again.

"I'm used to name calling and the like from it, but I've heard down the grapevine that there are some especially aggressive patrols wandering around this area. And I haven't the time nor patience to be shaken down and relieved of my merchandise from a group of thieves as government mandated as them! Nor is being incarcerated good for business." Looking to Raynor and Edda, the woman finished, "it is the same for you, no?"

"Basically, yeah," Raynor stated with a shrug. "It's a pain in the ass, that's for sure. But there's not like there's a lot I can do about it besides beat up those that try to capture us," He looked over the cart, looking for a good place to grab it. He wasn't even sure if he could lift it by himself, but he wanted to get a good idea how heavy it might be. He slipped his fingers under the side and attempted to lift, just to get a feel for the cart's weight, gritting his teeth as he did.

"Okay yeah, but if a wound opens again, you can just heal it again, right?" 

"That doesn't mean you should be opening up all your wounds after I heal them! And these staves do break, you know!" Layne made sure to call back to Raynor while he had the chance, 

"why of course I have a staff. If it is a basic heal, then I have them by the dozens! The hundreds! ...the dozens."  

Layne blinked for a moment at that, a little laugh escaping him as he nodded his head to Anne lazily, "I won't let the secret get out."

He waited for her to appraise the stone as she spoke up, it was a shame that it wasn't useful for more than decoration, but he had expected as much when it found. A chance to sell it was still a chance to make some coin, which he definitely needed if he was going to get a backup Heal staff at this point. Who knows when their next chance to gear up might be? He couldn't be stuck with only a Mend staff, that just didn't seem right.

When she handed him that little bag of gold, he dug through it for a moment, nodding his head as he grinned, "And now that Heal Staff. Once I got that, I'll be out of your hair until the next time I need to restock... And we, uh... Run across you out in the wilderness again I suppose. I'm sure that won't take long." He waved a hand in the air... Before glancing around as he frowned, "You aren't wrong though, there are definitely some... Aggressive patrols running around. I'm not convinced they would just imprison you for having those, so you're doing the right thing staying off the beaten path."

After Anne had flaunted her wares around, she paused as Alexis seemed to be very excited about her stories of travel. Gesturing to herself again, Anne said, "well you know how people are. Like attracts like, and local enjoys local. Truly a shame, but," throwing her hands to the side for emphasis she shouted, "it allows the foreign and exotic to appear even more mystical! More attractive! And of course, more profitable." Seeming proud of herself the woman said, "and for thanks for helping me, I would be glad to regale you with tales of my travels across the continent!" The woman's enthusiasm seemed to die down though, becoming more level as Alexis had asked her about the tomes. 

"Oh, dark magic in this kind of a place? I would be more likely to find the archsage herself before seeing an Aeoran do so." A brighter smile formed across her face as she said, "but if you're asking in general - why, both the frozen wastes of Jouruun as well as the lush plains of Yon'Lou have all kinds of magic users. Why, some people in both places even wield it with other kinds of magic in tandem. Such a truly foreign sight, wouldn't you say?" 

The girl looked over to Layne and Raynor as they made their remarks about the patrols saying, "I know! Boors and ruffians the lot of those patrol men - no different then common bounty hunters really. Well, they're gear is more expensive I suppose. But well, I know I'm not one to talk but the lot of you truly like to live dangerously don't you? Three Jourans and two mounts in this country. At this time, no less! But I commend your bravery, and my wares are perfect for expeditious and daredevil souls like yourself!" 

At this point, Leon and Rona had made their way back to the group, the young leader addressed everyone. "We're back from scouting. Doesn't seem like there's anybody else on the road right now with us." Leon turned to Anne. "Found some tracks. It, uh, looks like you're horse is long gone. Sorry about that." 

Anne waved it off saying, "oh no need to worry, no need to worry." With a sudden bout of frustration the girl shook her fist into the distance, muttering, "you'll get yours one day, horse." 

"R-right." Leon seemed a bit taken aback by her response, but then cleared his throat saying, "well, anyway. We should set up camp for the night and be sure to move first thing in the morning. Will your cart be done by then?"

Seeming to have regained her composure she said, "but of course! I'll have you know sales isn't my only trick of the trade." Looking to everyone else, she then asked, "now while I get to work, any requests for a story?"

Rona was so tired. She knew she should be resting. Especially as it seemed they were going to be camping here. But she just couldn't. Not here. Not when she couldn't be sure they weren't going to be followed.

Her face must have shown her displeasure because Alexis commented on it. "We won't reach the city if we leave now anyway, might as well take a break here."

The Wyvern Rider frowned. "I didn't say anything. The commander says we shall camp and that is what we shall do." She then proceeded to start setting things up for said camp. Cormag ambled his way towards the edge of the area they were setting up and slumped his large body onto the ground. In moments he was asleep.

Rona noticed this and felt some shame at the realization how worn out he had gotten throughout the day. She paused in her setting up to approach the wyvern and check him over. Forgetting about finishing the camp as she noticed a couple minor wounds on his body that she became focused on cleaning.

Glancing at the others to make sure they weren't listening she whispered. "Sorry Cormag." To the wyvern. While in the army they made sure to keep their mounts in fighting shape she had noticed many of them didn't bother to talk to them unless necessary. She still occasionally struggled with doing so around the others because of this.

As she continued she felt her body growing more tired. And despite fighting it she soon ended up drifting off against Cormag's side.

Alexis kept one eye on the wyvern rider, amused to notice how sluggish she seemed and how much she was fighting to stay awake.

Personally she was glad they were going to take some time. She, too, was concerned about what might happen when the soldiers returned to base and reported on what happened, but she could tell most of them were starting to drop.

Anne's answer regarding dark magic was what she expected. This girl, so well traveled, should have often seen the evils of the magic yet she seemed unconcerned. It was just another sign of how well those who practice it have fooled the world at large. Their magic comes from evil so there's no way it wasn't evil in of itself.

She felt bad for Anne but it wasn't as though she could do anything for her.

That being said she was rather excited at the prospect of learning more. "Anything from outside of Aeora would be great." Alexis said, smiling wide. "If you'd like I could play a song or two for you as well." She glanced over at where Rona had gone and noticed the sleeping wyvern. "Might have to play quietly though."

Well, there was one thing for certain, the cart was too heavy for even him to lift. He'd need to get some help, probably from the Commander and... his eyes drifted over as he looked over his options. As far as he could tell, Layne was probably far too scrawny to be of any real help. Anne would be needed to put the wheel on, Alexis might be able to help, but it might be better to have her keep lookout... Snow Fairy was far too delicate... so that left only one person.

With a sigh, Raynor returned to the others, stretching and groaning as he felt a few of his bones crack. It seemed the commander and Rona had returned, which was perfect.

"We should set up camp for the night and be sure to move first thing in the morning. Will your cart be done by then?"

"Oy, Commander," he called out. "You, me, and Rona will probably have to lift that cart. It's too heavy for just me, and well, the more the better, right?"

"But of course! I'll have you know sales isn't my only trick of the trade." Looking to everyone else, she then asked, "now while I get to work, any requests for a story?"

"Anything from outside of Aeora would be great." Alexis said, smiling wide. "If you'd like I could play a song or two for you as well."

"Oh yeah, sounds like fun," Raynor commented as he sat down, Gojira slipping behind him and wrapping around his rider. "Tell us your best tale!" He leaned back, sighing to himself. "Man, having a drink with these songs and story would make it the perfect ending to today," He commented as he got comfortable.

Yue had faded into the background as the others talked. She really wasn't good at this talking thing. She tried, she really did, but it was so much easier to just talk with animals. They didn't talk like normal people did, so it was easier. And they were so much more expressive than people do. It was obvious if an animal was upset, but less so with people. They could pretend to be fine with something, and then plot against her later. Why they did that instead of being honest she really didn't know. She had been told that she was too honest, but her sifu had seemed to appreciate that.

Hearing Anne mention Yon'lou's variety of magic users made the girl wince. She had firsthand experience on how many kinds of magic users they had. Hearing the horse was gone was the final nail in the coffin for her. Now thoroughly depressed, the girl settled down in the back as Anne seemed set on telling a story to everybody, with Alexis playing a song to go along with it. That sounded nice. Yue really loved music. She didn't consider herself a music expert, but she wasn't too shabby either. The girl sat up a little straighter, some cheer returning to her face...and then frowned. Stories often meant... "Just...nothing too scary, please," she requested.

It was then that the archer noticed that Rona had drifted off. She wanted to get closer, but Cormag was pretty protective of his rider at times like these, so she doubted she'd get very far there. Still, she couldn't stop herself from glancing over at the other girl from time to time. Rona's so strong...it's so weird to see her tired out. She seems so...normal right now. She had a hard time accepting it, but she couldn't deny what she was seeing either.

Setting himself down on the ground, Leon let out a huge sigh of relief. He hadn't really taken much note of it, as they had been active the whole time, but he suddenly realized how truly exhausted he had been. His legs feeling like they were made of lead, now that he was sitting down Leon didn't really think he could pick himself back up for the rest of the night. As Raynor had made note of the cart, Leon waved to him saying, "sounds good. Falcons, get ready to be up...early in the morning...we've got a long..." Before he could really finish, Leon fell asleep where he was sitting. 

Edda, meanwhile, had sat off to the side of everyone else. She wasn't all that far away from them, but it was clear that she had been intentionally avoiding them. In spite of all the traveling and fighting they had done today - the past two days really - Edda didn't feel all that tired. Despite this, there was still a clear expression of discomfort on her face, the girl sometimes looking at the others, but turning away if she thought they were going to look back. 

As Anne continued to work away at fixing up her wheels she seemed to get a bit thoughtful. "Perhaps we should've waited a day longer, Enta is home to all kinds of taverns after all. But no matter! My best story might be a bit much to ask for, but. Hmm..." The woman snapped her fingers as she said, "I got it. I'll tell you something of a tale from my travels in Yon'Lou!" The girl looked to Yue saying, "worry not, this story will thrill but hardly terrify. Now then, it all began one year prior to now..." And thus Anne trailed off into the night, telling group her story as Alexis's music had accompanied them. 

With the new day having come, Leon awoke with a groggy start. Though he had gotten a much needed rest, the boy still woke up exhausted. His muscles were still sore and he himself didn't feel very motivated to even really open his eyes, much less actually get a start to the day. Though, this laziness was only momentary, as he remembered the situation they were in. Looking around, the boy recalled what had happened the day before, and though he was glad they hadn't gotten any surprises in the night he didn't know how long that would last. As such, getting up, the boy saw that Anne had actually managed to finish repairs on both of her wheels. As such, Leon looked to Raynor and Rona saying, "are both of you ready to lift?" Once they were, the trio took to lifting up the cart, giving Anne time to refasten the wheels on her cart. 

With that taken care of, Gojira had been set up to help pull her cart, and thus the group set off. They made their way through Mella Valley, and though the terrain was rough that was the extent to what would impede their path. As the ground started to level out, the group starting to get to the end of their journey through the valley, the sight of the horizon would open up to the group. Seeing off into the distance, they would see what looked like a small wooden fence surrounding a much larger city alongside the coast. The closer they got the more the group would see, with several roads with other people, likely merchants themselves, making their way into the city, as well several ships on the waters nearby. Gesturing to the rest of the group, Anne said, "well, we're just about there. Feast your eyes on the trade capital of perhaps all of Crijalla!" Gesturing outward, the woman seemed to take a deep breath, content as she sat back in her cart. 

As the group got to one of the side gates, they would see a few soldiers in familiar silver armor, though their armor had a secondary color of blue rather than red. They had seemed to be simply doing their duties, only to suddenly look towards Anne and the Falcons with a spooked expression on their face. Getting ready to get to their weapons, as the group approached, one of the guard shouted, "w-wait. Halt there." As the group came to a stop, clear unease on the guard's face, they seemed to ease up as Anne poked her head out. "Oh. Anne. It's just you."

"Why it certainly is. Here to do business in your wonderful city, once again. To share my exotic goods and wares to all the fine people who live and travel here. Now, if you will just permit me and my entourage entrance." 

The guard, while eased, still seemed hesitant to let up. "As much as I'd like to, there's currently a warrant out for the arrest of, well, Jouraans. Even if they're with you, with the timing and all, I don't know if-"

"A warrant from Rastaarn, correct?" 

"Well, yes but - " 

"So it has nothing to do with you, correct? After all, your city is one that promotes diversity and freedom to all, no matter from how far west, east or north they may be? Correct? Or have things changed since I've last been here?" As the man seemed ready to rebuttal, Anne who had seemed quite annoyed at this point continued, "oh, my mistake. Does your land not have its own governance? Is that armor of yours just for show? I'm sure I have some red paint somewhere in here." 

The guard sighed, holding up his hand saying, "alright, alright. I get it. Men, let the woman and her crew in." Looking towards everyone, the man said, "I apologize. I hope you enjoy your stay in Enta." 

Holding up a V in either hand, the woman looked to the group with a proud and triumphant smile on her face. Once inside the city proper, the group would be able to see quite the hustle and bustle going on. With stalls and carts set up all over the place, the streets were entirely packed with people looking to buy and sell, a mixture of Yonan and Aeoran people making up the populace. And while the  group half made of Jourans would receive stares as they always had in Aeora, these seemed less hostile. If anything, they were being looked at with fascination and wonder. After getting a bit past the gate, Anne would look to everyone else saying, "as the man said, welcome to Enta. A lovely place if you know what you're looking for. I'll be fine from here on out, but I thank you once again for your aid, wondrous mercenary company. As for my own repayment." The woman gestured to the city around them, "you're here! And I'll even throw in a little special bonus and absolve you of your debt, Raynor. Mind your pockets as you walk around, and until we meet again!" 

Once the group had split off from Anne, Edda would walk in front of everyone. Having been silent this whole time, the girl still seemed nervous as she looked to each of the falcons. "Well, um...we're here." 

Rona couldn't help but glare at the soldiers as they approached. Instinctively she felt a need to fight them. In the back of her mind she could hear her father giving the orders to take the city and her hand twitched.

She had decided to walk alongside Cormag instead of ride him this time. To make sure he was recovered entirely. And the wyvern looked over at her. Seemingly noticing her tension he let out a snarl at the guards as they passed by. Rona, realizing it would cause problems if Cormag bit him, placed a hand on the side of his face to calm the beast.

The girl noticed the hint of fear on the guard's face and, oddly, she felt better about herself. Yes, her enemy fearing her was much better than anger. She closed her eyes tight and tried to correct her thinking. They weren't enemies. They were just soldiers. She was a mercenary. They weren't on opposite sides anymore.

Still she didn't open her eyes until they were clear of the soldiers and when she did the first thing she saw were people staring in wonder at Cormag.

The wyvern seemed a bit uncomfortable with all the attention and tried lowering his head slightly as though that would make him less noticeable.

The city was actually rather large and bustling. She had known it would be but knowing it and seeing it were two very different things. She felt an odd sense of relief in knowing that it would be easy to get lost among the crowd here, Cormag notwithstanding, if she really had to.

"Well, um...we're here." 

"Mm." Rona responded. That's right. Their job was nearly over. She took a deep breath to settle before speaking, wanting to sound confident. "Yes, as we promised, nothing can stand in our way of completing a mission. I suppose we'll take you to wherever you're heading and then we'll be on our way."

"Well, actually..."

Alexis was relieved to note the color of the armor. Though there still seemed to be some problem nonetheless. It seemed that Jouran panic was spreading and growing more and more. Alexis was beginning to realize what that would mean for the group as a whole. She wondered if the others realized it as well.

The girl was impressed at how easily Anne had convinced the soldiers and she smiled at Anne. "Wow, way to go, quite the negotiator indeed. Maybe I should be careful when I buy something from ya." She then looked over to Raynor. "She's quite the catch isn't she? Might want to act fast before you lose your chance." She hadn't quite given up on the idea of a mercenary and merchant pairing and couldn't help but to throw a last ditch effort fuel onto the fire.

Whatever the case Alexis was rather excited at being in the city. It wasn't quite as big as home, and the buildings weren't as impressive, but there were just so many shops everywhere she looked. So many things she could spend money on if she felt like it. Which, being honest, she kind of wanted to. Not something practical like the weapons Anne had but something...more interesting.

While pondering what she might want to search for she heard Edda, and the response that followed.

"Yes, as we promised, nothing can stand in our way of completing a mission. I suppose we'll take you to wherever you're heading and then we'll be on our way."

So it seems that at least some of them didn't realize it yet. She hated to be the one to bring it up but...

"Well, actually...it's not so simple. Dunno if you have thought much about it but given the, er, events before getting here you might not want to stick around for long. Some of you probably could set out and stay out of trouble but I kind of doubt you'd go for that."

She had seen how many of them seemed to be the types to stick together. She doubted most of them would stay in the country even if they would be able to avoid getting arrested. Simply for the fact that some in their group it would be impossible for at this point.

The story was fascinating to hear. Especially the part about her capitalizing on the village's love for the spirits to sell spirit-related merchandise. It seemed that there was nothing sacred to Anne, nothing except money, anyway.

She was able to see that the next day as the red-haired girl talked the group out of getting arrested at the gate with her own brand of reasoning. Yue couldn't help but be slightly impressed. If only she could talk half so well as that girl. But that also required having the courage to meet new people and get to know them, something that she sorely lacked.

"T-Thank you for helping us Anne!" Yue waved the girl off, smiling shyly.

Once everybody had split off from the merchant, Edda moved to walk in front. She looked nervous, but she always did. Not that Yue was one to talk there. "Well, um...we're here." 

"Mm. Yes, as we promised, nothing can stand in our way of completing a mission. I suppose we'll take you to wherever you're heading and then we'll be on our way."

"Well, actually...it's not so simple. Dunno if you have thought much about it but given the, er, events before getting here you might not want to stick around for long. Some of you probably could set out and stay out of trouble but I kind of doubt you'd go for that."

"H-Huh? Trouble?" Yue looked around wildly, her heart beginning to pitter-patter in her chest. "Th-That's not going to happen, right? A-Anne said that Enta is different from Rastaarn." She had been here before herself, so she knew just how different it was. The vast number of people of all different nationalities had intimidated her, and she had fled quickly after arriving.

Edited by Dimitri Alexandre Blaiddyd

It seemed Anne could use her charm for more than just selling things. She managed to talk the group into the city despite the guards being weary of them. Maybe they had an influx of refugees, trying to get away from the persecution of Rastaarn? He wasn't good at this big picture stuff... soon, she left, erasing his debt to the merchant, and disappearing into the horizon.

"Well, um...we're here." Edda finally spoke up, to which Raynor nodded to, only half paying attention, instead watching people's reactions to him as he rode Gojira.

"Mm. Yes, as we promised, nothing can stand in our way of completing a mission. I suppose we'll take you to wherever you're heading and then we'll be on our way." Made sense, but as usual. Rona had no tact about it. That had its own charm, he supposed.

"Well, actually...it's not so simple. Dunno if you have thought much about it but given the, er, events before getting here you might not want to stick around for long. Some of you probably could set out and stay out of trouble but I kind of doubt you'd go for that." Alexis added, making Raynor's good eye narrow. This was what he spoke to Rona about earlier. She had assured him that everything would be okay, but now that he thought about it, he should have asked the rest of the group. Would they want unnecessary burdens on them?

"H-Huh? Trouble?" Yue looked around wildly. "Th-That's not going to happen, right? A-Anne said that Enta is different from Rastaarn."

"I mean, it is, but let's be honest. The kind of fear mongering those cowards are spreading is bound to catch on," Raynor stated with a shrug. That's just how people were. "Slowly but surely, people will turn on us, slowly pushing us into corners until there's not where else to run," Frankly, that sounded like the makings of an epic to him. "I, for one, relish the challenge, but... well, it's not really your guys' problem, right?" He paused, thinking about how he really wanted to say what was on his mind. "I guess what I'm tryin' to say if you want to stay outta this mess, then it's best for me to pack up and move on. Of course, if you want me to stay, then I will, but I don't want to drag you all into trouble you can easily stay out of, especially if you want no part in it,"

Leon was pensive as the group had come to this crossroads. Now that they were here, it was true that their job with Edda was just about finished. Though, since taking the job Leon had been bothered by something. And Alexis and Raynor had both seemed to key onto what it was that was bothering him. Since he had known about the bounty for the Jourans, he had a feeling that things would come to this. Not only was the government out to get them, but any number of bandits, mercenaries or bounty hunters would be out to get them. As it were, there was no place in Aeora that Leon could think of would be safe for them to stay and he wasn't entirely fond of the idea of jumping from town to town and fighting for their lives on the regular. 

As Raynor made his suggestion, Leon thought on it for a moment. He knew it was an impossible solution the moment he heard it. Practically speaking, there was no bet that the non-Jourans wouldn't be wanted and hunted throughout the nation as well, after what they had just done. But more importantly... "No." He looked towards Raynor and Rona saying, "all of us are the Iron Falcons. Together. If you want to leave, then I won't stop you, but I'm not going to abandon any of you. Especially not for a reason like this. So, we'll figure out what to do and where to go from here. To that end," the boy looked towards Edda. "You wanted to get to Enta, correct? Did you have plan for when you got here?" 

Edda seemed off put by the whole exchange, and gave a weirded out eyebrow by Leon's answer. All the same, the girl said, "um, well. Enta was just a stop. I was supposed to go from here to Yon'Lou. Probably a place called Sa- Sab...something. I was supposed to...well..." The girl didn't seem comfortable continuing her train of thought before saying, "I was supposed to get there by boat. I didn't expect things to turn out this poorly so well," the girl pulled out her red gem. "I was supposed to pay with this. But...I promised I'd give it to you for helping me and i don't have much money left. I guess," the girl rifled through her pockets. Pulling out two things, the first the girl looked at was an icon of the crystal dragon she said, "I suppose I could also sell this, I think it'd probably sell well here. Maybe...." Not so sure she moved to the next thing, an icy blue medallion that she went wide eyed upon seeing and huridely put back in her pockets. "Not that. That's not for sale. But uh..."

Leon looked pensive for a moment before saying, "alright. Keep the gem then." 

"Huh?" 

"Falcons." Leon addressed everyone. "Our mission has changed. We're going to find a boat to Yon'Lou and go there. We'll figure out what to do after that, but for now, this is our plan of action." Looking to everyone, thinking as if on an after thought, he said, "oh and feel free to shop around first. It'll probably be a long journey."

In a bar located in Enta, a lithe young man stood in the middle of it, a smile on his face that betrayed the severity of the situation. The bar itself was a wreck, and the people around definitely looked frightened, no one wanting to move or do anything to interrupt the stare down between the two. The man himself, as well, seemed entirely untouched despite this. And with a chipper tone he said, "oh come on Susan, don't be like. How was I supposed to know it was your boat. It could've been anyone's really. So why don't we just let bygones be bygones, alright?" 

It took Rona a few moments to realize what exactly Alexis was referring to. She hadn't though much of the consequences at the time but having killed several soldiers it was true they wouldn't easily be able to stay here. She curled her hand into a fist and looked down at the ground. "I shouldn't have let any get away. If I had no one would know our faces." She said.

She shook her head at Yue and Raynor's comments. "That's not the worst of it. They're going to be looking for us now. Of course, if it were just me, I could handle it but wouldn't want to get anyone else into more danger." She gave a confident smile.

A smile which twitched as she heard what Leon had said. They're going to expand the mission? She knew they had to get out of there for a while but not being paid for the job they did so far didn't seem right either.

However she wasn't going to question the commander. Especially not in front of the others.

She waited for when some of the others dispersed and, instead of shopping herself, she stuck next to Leon. "Wouldn't it be better to get paid for two missions instead of one?"

Leon pondered for a moment before saying, "well...probably. But she doesn't have much to pay with, and might just end up paying for our boat ride anyway. Besides that, I guess...well," Leon rubbed the back of his neck as he thought saying, "I guess it'd just feel wrong."

Rona had to stop herself from sighing. She still couldn't understand the commander at all. Yet she couldn't bring herself to correct him. She'd rather follow his order than to do something like that. "Well, if you insist. Guess all I gotta do is keep doing my job right? Sounds like an easy mission anyway."

Alexis cupped her chin in one hand as she thought over what Edda had said. "Yon'Lou huh? I heard a lot about the place but never had a chance to go there myself. Sounds like a fun time."

She glanced over at Yue. "I'm sure a certain someone can guide us around handily, aren't you glad Yue's with us, Rona?" Alexis said. The wyvern rider looked confused but with a grunt nodded in agreement.

Though Leon's next words seemed to take Rona's attention right after.

She laughed and clapped Leon on the back as he mentioned the plan. "Always such a softie aren't you. Earning some points while you're at it too, sly dog. Not that I mind. I'm not really a mercenary after all, don't need to get paid for going on an adventure like this."

The girl stretched and looked around. "Shopping, hm, maybe later. First I want to see what kind of people there are here. And that means checking out one of the taverns." She snapped her fingers and turned towards the rest. "If anyone else wants to come along I won't stop you long as you can keep up." Upon saying that the pegasus knight made her way deeper into the city. Intending to find what she was looking for by aimless wandering.

Eventually she did end up at one of the bars of the city and, as she started going in, heard a voice. "oh come on Susan, don't be like. How was I supposed to know it was your boat. It could've been anyone's really. So why don't we just let bygones be bygones, alright?"

"Oooh, sounds like something exciting is going down, let's just see how this turns out." She muttered before entering.